Something About Nothing............ #14

Told Mr Mac it’s too hot to make dinner
so made an executive decision to order food from the Choo Choo

Turned out to be a wise choice.

Now need to come up with a decision of how to let him know that Sunday will be as hot as today was and will have dinner for chicken and pizza carry out.

I am getting very good for making acceptable dinners for us.

Hot stuff again here today. Dog even seemed happy to get a bath. Easy dinner of french dips, now just chillin. made a big pasta salad to let flavors blend for middle DS’ BD pool party tomorrow. finally wised up and going with dishes that won’t heat up the house.

The mr’s been putting a fresh skim coat of cement on one of our covered porches. I’ve decided we are going to put down some indoor/outdoor carpet, add some comfy outdoor furniture and use it to catch the breeze. It’s just wasted space now, had a smoker on it that I gave away as rarely used.

Often, our pool deck is a bit buggy as so close to the woods. Doesn’t seem as tho they’ve discovered this area, yet Lol

You never cease to amaze me Lol

limited edition Pickle Doritos are the bomb!

Don’t get to see it often.

smarty pants friend corrected me there is no such thing. :teacher:Yes, I do realize it’s just a phenom of seeing lightening so far away, you never hear the strike. spare me from killjoys

Just not something we see often, as living in a mountainous area that blocks the horizon. I’m so used to doing the count method here after seeing a strike to determine how far away it was, it’s a bit disarming to not hear the strikes.

Turns out the smoky clouds from the fires in the sky are reflecting said strikes, allows many to been seen much further than usual for our area. The only positive thing I can saw about the situation.

Not to be confused with that rare, scary fire cloud phenom.

That is a very picturesque park area

Yea! Shocking Loews could deliver the next day. May have to start my appliance search anew :). Got so disgusted with the shipping delays earlier in the year.

You know me....I have porch envy!!! My dream home would have a wraparound porch, and the weather to use it of course!!! Sounds a good idea Janet with the heat you`ve been enjoying.

That park is beautiful, we don`t go very often for some reason but I think we`ll go back. We did smile as we had a much older couple pass us and tell us it was sweet to see a "young" couple hand in hand being romantic and looking very happy together......I almost cried at being called "young" for a change lol......we do have some lovely waterways here we need to explore more.

Food sounds lovely as always, and yes hope today goes wonderfully with the get together for the celebration!

Pickle Doritos we don`t get over here, we get the basic flavours, same with your Lay`s....you get so many flavours than we do with Walkers which is the same company. Doritos brought out a Whopper flavour, supposed to be identical to a whopper which I haven`t had in over 30 years as we just don`t eat fast food like that here, but they were vile!! I`ll stick to my spicy ones!

Oh heat lightning is definitely a thing, nothing like a good storm for us, we all love watching them!! Heaven help us from smarty pants.....yes we like to do the count thing too to see how far away the storm is. Folks like that......pah!!

1690699619015.png

:rotfl:

i-tsPxCfD-S.gif

Yep, belated Birthday wishes for the Birthday boy.......:cheer2:

Told Mr Mac it’s too hot to make dinner
so made an executive decision to order food from the Choo Choo

Turned out to be a wise choice.

Now need to come up with a decision of how to let him know that Sunday will be as hot as today was and will have dinner for chicken and pizza carry out.

I am getting very good for making acceptable dinners for us.

I have Choo Choo envy too!!!! Love the sound of that place, yes some nights it is just too hot to cook.

Take out is always acceptable whatever the weather!

We loved our takeout last night.....went with Chinese and had a mix of dishes which we always share, some nice hot and spicy shrimp was one we do favour, but everything is beautiful. It`s a shame to see what we didn`t eat go in the trash, but we make sure it`s well wrapped up as it`s 5 days till the trash men come. Don`t want that making the bin smell nasty!

Lovely day today, very breezy though so no sitting out, we have the Belgian GP this afternoon so we`ll have that on I`m sure.

Honey mustard chicken for dinner tonight, slow cooking the chicken in the Aga, will do some kind of veg, maybe roast carrots and diced roast potatoes, lunch is whatever but avocado toast for breakfast and on to my second pot of tea of the day. Tom wants toast with a poached egg, so will do him that.

Can`t quite believe it`s August in a few days!!!

One of my friends sent me this first gif last night, I loved it!!!!

i-X3GbRBR-S.gif

cv129%20%282%29-S.jpg

cv24-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday ☺️

Sunday, and much nicer weather to start to week. DH mowing the grass, as told him the over 10 degree dip in temp, and lower humidity, better to mow today instead of yesterday’s hot and humid and huge rain down pour last night. And so, I hear him in the side yard now.

Trash cans ready to be dragged to the curb tonight, and alarm set. Sigh. Weekend ending. And so is our heatwave. Weather lady said this morning a week of mostly sunny, and nice weather. Hello cold front.

And so, hope Keisha is having cooler weather too.

Super restful Sunday wish to all.

View attachment 781473

‘Nuff said, getting ready to make honey butter:dance3:
have a great Sunday all!

Have a blast today Janet with the family!!!

Blowing a hoolie here again today, went out for a few fresh items today but didn`t hang around outside for long.

Popped into the farm to check they were ok, left with more eggs, so had mushroom omelettes for lunch!

Chicken smells lovely, looking forward to that tonight, made the honey mustard sauce earlier too, not sure when we`ll eat, usually around 6-630. Time for some tea though I think till then.

Hello to all the homies :grouphug:

Pull up a chair and listen to my whine of the day

I have been behind in setting up my September trip plans ( long story) and was busy yesterday but did finalize what needed to be completed last night.
Slept well last night as had my hotel room booked few weeks ago and last night I booked my flights.

Just now received an adjustment on flight schedule change and I hate when this happens
Not the set up I wanted but will leave it as is knowing Delta does make frequent flight changes uo to dates before departure.
My guess is more changes can happen up to days out from departing.

Who in the blazes takes a 5:30 am hopper flight ….
(I am not a fan for the butt crack of dawn set up.)

Well, that will be me this trip leaving out of Chattanooga
to Atlanta and then the dreaded long wait to the Orlando airport.

I assume return flights home will have time adjustments pop up awhile I am at UO.

The good thing of booking 6 weeks out was the prices had dropped down when I booked yesterday.
Yes it was a nice score for me.

In all past years, have always booked early as in 6 months out from a trip.
And always multiple changes start weeks later, a few times had schedule changes by the airline days out.

I can live with about any changes as very excited to go on vacation!
Never know when my last vacation will be.

I hope to see many homies at UO

Did a quick check and quite a few leave for home on the day I arrive or day prior

boo hoo will be sad to miss any of you.

Well, I’ve been known to fly on those crazy predawn hour flights. Like end of August one. Think this one coming up is the earliest I have had in a long time. But ya go for the cheapest flight. And hey, we will be arriving early, so, decided not do that first night switch I tend to do if arriving in evening. Though due to direct flights in later September being mid afternoon, with dinner time arrival, is what I got. And maybe would have chosen a cheaper resort for the night, but got that great rate I booked oh so long ago, I’m not risking changing any of the nights.

Ooh bedtime for me. Hope I get to say hello to ya Mac sometime in September.

Quick hello before going to bed. I spent most of the weekend doing laundry, house cleaning, and working on my stitching project.
We had some excitement today when a couple of wasps got into the house. We lost sight of them for several minutes, but thankfully Caspian found them when they flew into the window blinds. Dh quickly blasted them with bug spray and disposed of them.

I found out today that an arrest was made in the murder of my friend’s brother. He had let another man, a friend of a friend, stay in his house in exchange for some work being done around the house. He later discovered that the man had stolen some tools and drugs from him. He had the man removed from his house and in retaliation the man killed him, burned the house down, and stole his truck. Looks like the ex-wife may not have had anything to do with it.

Mac - will we see each other in September? I keep checking my flight to see if it goes down anymore, but it looks like I may already have the lowest price.

I would take a 5:30 am flight, but only under certain conditions. It would have to be from my local airport, and the cost would need to be super low.

Hope so Charade

I arrive on the 11 th in September but only doing a 7 night stay this time
I have my cataract surgery two days later once back home for one eye and the second eye surgery two weeks later

Read online people say they can really see so much better then.

And I am hopeful that my driver license will be reinstated so I can then drive at night.
Right now I can’t legally drive once sun goes down.

Charade, I am not fond of early morning flights at 5 something in the morning but since I did not book until yesterday, felt forced to as they dropped rates for my route

Some times I fly from Chattanooga to Atlanta and other times I take Groome from there to Atlanta
And 3 leg is the flight to Orlando

It is a toss up on which is better if I fly the 3 legs to get to Orlando or to just drive from my house to the UO hotel.

I have done it both ways but with eye situation, I need to fly.

I’m arriving on the 16th. I think Lynne will be there too.
I will pencil you in !

I fly with delta and they are in the middle range in costs most of the time which is ok with me for air fares.
When I saw flights dropped yesterday to $207 for total RT costs, jumped on that booking.

Last two years fares for me costs were hitting at $365.
I felt like I won the lottery on this years travel cost
😵‍💫

Is anyone going to be at UO on 9/11?
Only reason i am starting my trip that date is due to low prices.
Think some have an issue flying that date due to the awful things that did occur on 9/11 years back.

and flight is cheap or least it was when I booked it.
Just checking around to see when any homies is there when I am.
this was another flight where I end uo with the low fare again for september

Many years back I flew out on 9/11 and totally shocked the next day before the attack.

when I was first browsed for my flight availability, the prices were a bit higher than I wanted to pay

I got over that date once I saw a quick rate drop
flying cheap on delta is really a win

I had missed the sweet super rates that Lynne locked in months out when she made her trip plans

I was not green with envey but schooled at such a low price
price can dropp days later at a sweet price that was good for my budget

Couldn’t have described that any better…

might as well just pull an all-nighter.

Know you are a night owl, figure you’ll be calling it an early night that day lol

I`m the opposite.....the earlier the better! I wish VA had flights that left at 6am for MCO. Way back in 2007 the flight left at 10.15am, got into MCO around 2.30pm.....excellent time, but harder to stay awake till around 10pm Fl time. But, I`d still go as early as possible.

Hope yesterday went well with the celebrations!

Quick hello before going to bed. I spent most of the weekend doing laundry, house cleaning, and working on my stitching project.
We had some excitement today when a couple of wasps got into the house. We lost sight of them for several minutes, but thankfully Caspian found them when they flew into the window blinds. Dh quickly blasted them with bug spray and disposed of them.

I found out today that an arrest was made in the murder of my friend’s brother. He had let another man, a friend of a friend, stay in his house in exchange for some work being done around the house. He later discovered that the man had stolen some tools and drugs from him. He had the man removed from his house and in retaliation the man killed him, burned the house down, and stole his truck. Looks like the ex-wife may not have had anything to do with it.

Mac - will we see each other in September? I keep checking my flight to see if it goes down anymore, but it looks like I may already have the lowest price.

I would take a 5:30 am flight, but only under certain conditions. It would have to be from my local airport, and the cost would need to be super low.

I do hope justice is served.

My sisters friend`s murderer was never charged with her death, but he was in prison for several other young girls murders. They knew he killed her though, but it felt unfinished knowing he was never actually sentenced for her brutal murder. I do hope there is proper closure for them though.

Hope so Charade

I arrive on the 11 th in September but only doing a 7 night stay this time
I have my cataract surgery two days later once back home for one eye and the second eye surgery two weeks later

Read online people say they can really see so much better then.

And I am hopeful that my driver license will be reinstated so I can then drive at night.
Right now I can’t legally drive once sun goes down.

My dad had his cataracts done and it did make a difference, and anyone who has had it say it makes a huge difference, so I`m sure you`ll see a massive improvement once it`s done.

Is anyone going to be at UO on 9/11?
Only reason i am starting my trip that date is due to low prices.
Think some have an issue flying that date due to the awful things that did occur on 9/11 years back.

and flight is cheap or least it was when I booked it.
Just checking around to see when any homies is there when I am.
this was another flight where I end uo with the low fare again for september

Many years back I flew out on 9/11 and totally shocked the next day before the attack.

when I was first browsed for my flight availability, the prices were a bit higher than I wanted to pay

I got over that date once I saw a quick rate drop
flying cheap on delta is really a win

I had missed the sweet super rates that Lynne locked in months out when she made her trip plans

I was not green with envey but schooled at such a low price
price can dropp days later at a sweet price that was good for my budget

I`d fly on Sept 11th, wouldn`t give it a thought. Once we`ve paid for the flight, we can`t alter it if airlines reduce the price, it`s a suck it up....pay and don`t look again.....lol.....although we have seen them rise massively too.

It`s nice when people share sweet deals!

And a good Monday morning from a rather damp UK. And last day of July!! Next two months are my busiest for birthdays and a couple of special ones coming up for folks!!!

Looks grey outside and we`ve been promised a lot of rain ahead for us next few weeks.....er, that`s nice!!! It has rained all night so our grass won`t be getting cut for us this morning, last weeks 35 hours constant rain and the heat have made it grow like crazy! Our gardens and lawns are always very green anyway, we`re in the UK of course they`re green, but everything has taken a massive shoot!

Today heading to a place a little like Costco, there are several things we like to get from there and they have some items gorcery stores don`t stock, always an expensive visit, but we do like a wander there.

Making Moussaka for dinner, I have some lamb mince I want to use up, so it was either Kofta style kebabs or that.....so Moussaka won. I just need to pick up some aubergines (eggplant) from the farm shop on the way home, I have everything else. Lunch is open sandwich BLTA`s.....just the BLT for Tom as he doesn`t like avocado.

So no walk today and with high winds predicted this week, not sure we`ll make it out walking at all...shame as we are keen to get back out.

Sipping a cup of tea and watching the rain slowly start again......an hour or so till breakfast which is toast and preserves this morning for both of us.

cv2355-S.jpg

cv2399-S.jpg

cv2426-S.jpg

Happy Monday :flower1:

Ooh great price you got Mac. I come in on the evening of the 17, so last minute hello maybe. When I first booked, it was in the low 300’s. Then I saw it drop to 225, so have credit to use. Since then, back to 300’s again. I would not care if I had to fly on 9/11. I guess maybe next year, if I decide to come then, may be even earlier than I have been coming. And yes, I have heard can see better after cataract surgery. My one aunt had it done and I think she did have good results seeing better. She did drive for years after it.

Ugh, a Monday, and the last day of July. Hehe, six extended family birthdays next month, with sadly one of those we lost him years ago now. But does include mine and little one’s. Yay!

Ah, that week day routine has started. At least the week, commuting is later in the week. And a nice weather week. Low 80’s, low humidity and no rain chances until Friday. And full days of wall to wall sunshine until clouds arrive Thursday, I guess to make it that rain chances in also cloudy Friday. And it means, when week ends, that much closer to our late August trip. Woot!

Most Marvelous Monday all.

Slow work day. One of the therapists is out today and tomorrow so there is less for me to do.
I had to leave the office for a little while. B texted me that her car wouldn’t start. I ran home and gave her a jump start. She hadn’t left the lights on, so I have no idea what drained the battery. I told her that if it doesn’t start when she gets off work today to give her dad a call.

When I saw flights dropped yesterday to $207 for total RT costs, jumped on that booking.
That’s a great price. I ended up paying $324, but also had a voucher for $125, so $199 total.

. I come in on the evening of the 17, so last minute hello maybe.
You get in the day after I do. We could possibly meed for lunch or dinner if you want. So far I have made no plans for when I get there.

I need to find something to keep me busy. I think I might have some papers to shred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter