Something About Nothing............ #14

Good Wednesday morning everyone :wave:

View attachment 698455

View attachment 698457

View attachment 698458

View attachment 698459

I wonder if all Costco’s sell food in their food courts that have menu items from the local food favorites. Poutine sounds interesting.

Sounds like a nice way to pack.

Safe travels to your overnight hotel. Enjoy your salon time.
I’am sending a plane for you tomorrow. I love the saying on it.

View attachment 698461

Keisha for sure time spent with family is precious.

Lynne enjoy your tea this morning. Your countdown for HHN is starting too.

Mac hope you and your hubby are feeling better.

Up early this morning. Need to accomplish some things today. I have a foo foo day at the Beauty salon this morning. Hair, manicure and pedicure. My hair really needs a good touch up.

My older sister and her hubby arrived yesterday afternoon. We all got together for a nice meal out yesterday evening. We are leaving tomorrow to travel up to Iowa for her youngest sons wedding on Saturday.

It looks like the weather will be great for their outside wedding Saturday.

I need to pack to my suitcase this afternoon and do some banking.

Starbucks is supposed to have their pumpkin cream cold brew back. I will make a stop there this morning before my salon appointment.

I put up my Halloween trees.

View attachment 698465

View attachment 698466

View attachment 698471

It’s never to soon to celebrate Halloween.
View attachment 698456

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone.
Oh My, Am telling everyone there are still days left before Autumn. Enough with the Pumpkin Sptice. We are fans , however, there are limits.

If you live in the South, you will be still wearing shorts…
September can have a range of hot, cool or rainy weather here.

Close your eyes and hope you haven’t over or under dressed

I usually take shorts and slacks and and plan what to wear the morning I wake up

My guess is Lynne will be in shorts no matter what the temps are

Hehe, yep, Mac, most of the times in September, I’m in shorts all day and night. Sometimes at night, it once in a while, gets cool enough I’ll be in lightweight pants, and keep my t shirt on. Made the mistake wearing pants one time at HHN, and almost wanted to shop and buy shorts, as was way too warm feeling that night. But I always arrive in pants and leave in pants, mostly because early morning and evening flights, and the airplane to me, feels cool enough I’m more comfortable with my legs covered. I do always change to shorts after arriving at MCO though.

Ah, a Saturday and early birds DH and I are up and ready for the day. Popped in a pod in our coffee maker and put the teapot on the stove. Both of us are enjoying some eggs, with bacon and toast, and coffee and tea. Older one works, so he will be up in about 3 more hours. Little one? I think I heard a good night around 4 am this morning. So I highly expect to not hear her until around noon.

But as is most of our Saturdays, it’s that laziest of days for the three of us. No real plans, as we don’t need much, so with little one’s rising, I don’t see us getting moving until after lunchtime. Though I may hit the grocery store early, as it opens at 8 am this morning. 64 out, but will still be in shorts and flip flops. 86 the high. And sunrise was not as bright and full of sunshine like yesterday. Cloudy skies now, and expected all day. But they are not rain carrying ones. So sunglasses will still be worn, as even with this cloud cover, still bright enough I see better with shades.

So have a super duper stupendous Saturday. ::yes::

You were scolded......oh dear!! They aren`t too bad here apparently. We just like to drive somewhere different and find somewhere different.....haven`t done that for a while though.

It was impressive, I think they still might be seen tonight, but not for me.....one late night is enough for me!!

I`m decent making the sauce, but eggs can be overdone at times, he likes them barely cooked so they are incredibly runny, did ok this morning!! I got a 10/10.....he`s so kind.

Funny old day here.......started off lovely, then the fog rolled in from the sea and hung around for several hours....finally cleared and it is beautiful again, warm and sunny with a slight breeze....so washing out on the line and it`ll dry in no time at all.

Back outside now. That fog is creepy the way it rolls in slowly and deliberately. I think we may get this back and forward next few days.

Time for a Saturday treat........red or white........🍷
My husband likes his eggs- loose is a kind way of saying it. Makes me gag lol!

Team win, beautiful night. Rare to wear shorts to a 🏈 game.

Low key weekend ahead, aaah

I overpack, period lol HHN screams for my goofy Halloween themed leggings & shirts. At least the leggings can be pushed up as capris.

More often than not, I’m in my park uniform: lightweight shift sort of dress or wicking tees & shorts/skirts

Can’t believe it’s only 3 weeks since we’ve been home! Seems like it’s been longer lol. It’s not fair that you wait for and anticipate your vacay, then it goes by in a flash, and only takes a few days to feel like you’ve never been away!

Hottest Aug on record here apparently. Yesterday we were outside on the patio and today I’m cold! Too much of a temp change for me but the husband is loving it! Yesterday was 90ish, today only supposed to go up to low 70’s. Supposed to rain tomorrow, and we can use it. we are so dry, and several fires in the interior.

Took me a week to get over my hitch hiking virus! By following Thursday I was neg, but 2 more days of fatigue. By Saturday I felt normal.

Hard to believe my youngest is getting married soon, Oct 1. Hope for good weather as the ceremony is outside. Long range forecast is rain the day before but partly sunny on the day 🤞 went dress shopping and found my dress, but needs alterations and don’t get it till week before wedding. Oldest dd dress fits her well. Went shoe shopping too. Didn’t want to spend alot, for shoes that wouldn’t get much use. Goal was under $100. We don’t go out to fancy occasions much. Oldest and I both found shoes that will work. We also have a family wedding in March down in S. Fla. Already have our fav beach hotel in Deerfield booked!

Deep in wedding preps. Have to get together with daughter when she gets back from weekend trip to find out how she wants The Arch decorated.

My brother and wife are coming from NY. Bought a futon. Unfortunately they aren’t staying long, under a week!

Mac sorry I missed your birthday! Hope it was nice.

Woot! Wedding planning. Yep, less than a month away now, Sue. Glad to read your shopping went well. Don’t blame you for not wanting to spend way too much money on clothes and shoes you will rarely wear again.

Sun did come out some. Hot enough feeling, shorts are still being worn. Flip flops too. Costco run, as little one did not rise and we were out the door until after 1 pm. Sigh. I did do that early morning grocery run. The grocery store up the street from me, has a couple things family really likes. So just after they opened, I did my shopping and got outta there quick. Costco was crowded, but fast checking out with no line, with you checkout self kiosk. We only needed a few items. So I don’t mind doing my own scanning.

Time for some tea. Ah. Ac was running, and house feels just right. Hehe, Goldilocks here.

Yahoo!! 68 dollars cheaper flight, and another good price reduction on car rental. Definitely have enough airfare credit for another flight later this year or early next year. I’ll still be repeating my check and rebook until the day I leave. Drop in car rental and flight was welcome so far. Wish my hotel reservations did that. Oh well. First three nights are at least in a little lower AP rate.

And here we are, on an early Sunday morning. A mostly cloudy day, with no rain to fall, and humidity picking up, so our close to 90 high temp this afternoon will make some pool time feel wonderful. And since all but my one sibling, the rest of my family and siblings’ family will be enjoying an early dinner together. Yep, a family get together where little one and me celebrate our birthdays with almost all.

Thus, no cooking dinner for me. Yay!

But I very much enjoy this very quiet Sunday morning, with biggest tv remote, and my tea. Will make pancakes this morning shortly, as DH says he’s hungry. So pancakes with some fresh strawberries, as were on sale this week, and maybe I’ll toast some nuts to add. Savory and sweet pancakes. Yep. Hehe, whip cream on mine. Should make a lemon glaze to pour over, but that whip cream is easier. Breakfast time.

Hope all have a most serenely lazy Sunday today. And hope Schumi has adjusted to the local time, and is enjoying some park fun, and maybe some spooky HHN tonight.

And it's Friday :cheer2: :cool1: Thank goodness!!! And I'm only working half a day today...so even better. There is not much sitting on my desk - so the paper shuffling is light today.

We have another beautiful day on the horizon. We are almost ready to head out for the weekend. Pack the food and clothes then we will be ready to head out.

It's great to hear you made it safe and sounds and enjoyed an evening chatting in one of your favorite hangouts! I hope you were able to get a little more sleep.

I am happy it's Friday too!!! It's great that it's a long weekend to boot! Enjoy your weekend!

Well, I should shuffle some papers, and answer some emails with more papers lol.

Have a great day everyone!

Thanks pumpkin, yes, sleep is back to a normal pattern…..although every night has been a late one so far and still early mornings……it’ll catch up though, can’t keep that up for a month……lol……

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Well ‘ello, you. Going to try to catch the redo on the launch tomorrow?

rarely wear lipstick, like the Chanel for ‘feel’ and staying power.

I’m the person that started to toss open mascara and eye liner within a month or so upon doctor’s recommendation. This, after having a couple of eye infections.

history of cosmetics is rather interesting, recently read of this 17th century woman’s “contributions” :rolleyes1 Giulia Tofana

Yes, we did plan to watch from the car park roof yesterday……but, well, change of plans obviously…….shame, especially for the 400,000 folks who went to the coast to watch!

I agree with changing mascara often. I hear some folks use if for 6 months or more…….yuk! Never heard of that 17th century thing before…….interesting.

Another quick hello. I am taking a break for the rest of the evening. I have completed all of my book work and writing for the week. I just have my photo assignment left to do.

I know Schumi is in FL right now and Mac and Lynne will soon follow. I'm still planning to go too if I don't get too stressed over the next few weeks. Anyone else going to be there 9/20-9/24?

Charade, hope you get all your projects done and then be done for your trip……you must be so excited.

Team win, beautiful night. Rare to wear shorts to a 🏈 game.

Low key weekend ahead, aaah

I overpack, period lol HHN screams for my goofy Halloween themed leggings & shirts. At least the leggings can be pushed up as capris.

More often than not, I’m in my park uniform: lightweight shift sort of dress or wicking tees & shorts/skirts

I love your themed leggings! Especially the Tartan ones……::yes::

Have a great holiday weekend…….

Yep, another hhn last night.

A lot quieter than I’d have thought for the first Saturday of the event, Friday was busier. But it was so good…..we didn’t take a single picture last night, just enjoyed it completely……but will get pictures of course next times, we just felt we didn‘t want to last night.

It was so hot last night, came out and showered before heading to Strong Water for a late dinner and drinks. Then slept like babies all night.

Going to chat to Kyle soon, he did a 10k race this morning so want to hear how that went, he did one on Friday night too and did well, so hope he enjoyed this one too.

Haven’t decided what we’ll do today yet…….no parks yet for us as I think we’ll take our friends advice and avoid till after Monday……it is busy.

But have a great Sunday……..

And here we are, on an early Sunday morning. A mostly cloudy day, with no rain to fall, and humidity picking up, so our close to 90 high temp this afternoon will make some pool time feel wonderful. And since all but my one sibling, the rest of my family and siblings’ family will be enjoying an early dinner together. Yep, a family get together where little one and me celebrate our birthdays with almost all.

Thus, no cooking dinner for me. Yay!

But I very much enjoy this very quiet Sunday morning, with biggest tv remote, and my tea. Will make pancakes this morning shortly, as DH says he’s hungry. So pancakes with some fresh strawberries, as were on sale this week, and maybe I’ll toast some nuts to add. Savory and sweet pancakes. Yep. Hehe, whip cream on mine. Should make a lemon glaze to pour over, but that whip cream is easier. Breakfast time.

Hope all have a most serenely lazy Sunday today. And hope Schumi has adjusted to the local time, and is enjoying some park fun, and maybe some spooky HHN tonight.
lynne
you and your girl will have a swell birthday to enjoy!
hope you save some of your cake for the homies

Morning all. First load of laundry in, living the dream

It’s not fair that you wait for and anticipate your vacay, then it goes by in a flash, and only takes a few days to feel like you’ve never been away!
Truer words never spoken. I do have my suspicions a certain sort of person lays in wait to pounce when you return to let the air out of one’s ballon lol
Took me a week to get over my hitch hiking virus! By following Thursday I was neg, but 2 more days of fatigue. By Saturday I felt normal.
Ugh, good to hear you rebounded nicely
Hard to believe my youngest is getting married soon, Oct 1.
wow, that is exciting!
Oldest and I both found shoes that will work.
Both stylish & comfy I hope. Do love when the brides wear converse or vans
Yahoo!! 68 dollars cheaper flight, and another good price reduction on car rental.
Nice. Have seen exactly one price drop this year on SWA. refused too pay over $200 a pp heading down next trip. Booked a cheapie on Spirit, the sort where the checked bags cost more than the flight…figuring I’d abandon it when/if SWA dropped.

ha, not. yesterday was $550 pp. sounds like every pittsburgher & their brother will be that week.:crazy2:
Haven’t decided what we’ll do today yet…….no parks yet for us as I think we’ll take our friends advice and avoid till after Monday……it is busy.
And there is the beauty of a long trip, enjoy.

I have some time to kill before church this morning. That rarely happens. I sent most of yesterday trying to find things to photograph. DH and I decided to take advantage of $3 movie day yesterday. I don't think I'll do that again. I haven't seen the theater that crowded since Avengers Endgame. We saw League of Super Pets. It was cute, but I think I would have preferred to watch it at home once it went to streaming.

And we can certainly meet up for a meal, and some park time if you need company.
We can do either or both. I'm not too picky on restaurants, but I won't ride the big coasters. Hagrid's is my upper limit.

Enough with the Pumpkin Sptice.
I agree. It doesn't need to go in everything. I'm waiting for the pumpkin spice memes to start showing up on my Facebook feed.

My husband likes his eggs- loose is a kind way of saying it. Makes me gag lol!
Eww. I'm not a huge fan of eggs anyway. I only eat them scrambled.

Team win, beautiful night.
Congratulations!

today only supposed to go up to low 70’s.
Sounds wonderful to me. I would be happy if we could just get some lower humidity.

Yahoo!! 68 dollars cheaper flight, and another good price reduction on car rental.
Great to know that prices are going down.

Charade, hope you get all your projects done and then be done for your trip…
I might actually use this trip as part of an assignment. I need to look ahead and see what I will need to photograph that week.

Keisha, my flight down went down to 99 dollars. I jumped on that when I saw it yesterday. Haven’t ever really seen that low a fare lately. But at least my credit should not expire a year from when I first booked in March. This was the second drop, though my fare back did not change in price. Still, a good drop less than first booked. I feel for ya. The lack of any non stop flights on the week days, and only two or three non stops in the weekend. I may see if little one is up for Frontier or other on way down, and will book SW on way back. We still have some time to think about that. But the lack of non stops, which is a 2 hour flight, is so very very annoying to have to even have one stop, maybe even transferring, which makes the travel 5 hours or most times, more like 6, or 7 hours total. Rental, even though lowest I have seen so far, but still double what I paid last year. Travel crowds are back. City airport was showing very busy weekend. So I guess all want to travel this Fall. Glad I booked hotel next year, still most I’ve paid, but after the non availability this year, and the fact that the rate is now almost doubly what I booked at, next year will be just as busy. So much for finding any AP rates, though am at least happy I got three nights of such at the start of my trip. Hoping they can let me stay in the same room.

Stil quiet, as DH went over mum’s, but he’ll be back shortly. Older one does work today, so I can see him up before little one. As such, I’m in that wonderful lazy mode. Woot!

Glad I booked hotel next year, still most I’ve paid, but after the non availability this year, and the fact that the rate is now almost doubly what I booked at, next year will be just as busy
Wait, you already booked for 2023? o_O Long as you can modify; it can’t hurt!

We caught a sweet spot for SF in mid June. AP rates significantly higher. No need for EP for us on fall trip as all about HHN then

I do think things will stabilize once everyone gets that pent up travel out of their systems.

Via this board, sounds as tho many are taking their first trip since Covid this fall & winter

Combine that with a possible less than stellar buzz for HHN this year, thinking all rates will normalize until new park opens.

Yeah, Keisha, I think they are being relatively fair, as can cancel and get my one night’s payment refunded until 5 days before the check in day. Last year, scored a great AP rate in early December that 5th day, cancelled and rebooked that same day. Saved a good bit. Not to be had for in a few weeks, I’m sure. With graduation in December, I’m not really booking anything for December this year yet. I do hope to get to a Spring trip one of these years. Only booked September next year, as this year slim pickings when I was ready to book months ago, scared me enough to book over a year out. But as most, I’m well versed in the rinse and repeat. Saving is not a bad thing. I do hope rates next Fall go back to the rates we are more used to seeing, and lots of AP rate rooms available then too.

Tea. Yep, lots of it. Little one is still not up. Hmm. Guess no breakfast or lunch for her. I will say, food coma will start mid afternoon. We do a full meal. Appetizers, and snacks, meal, and desserts.

Oh and yeah, Keisha, got SF at a decent rate, then more recently, got the first three nights at an AP rate that still seems to be available. But no availability on the rest of the 9 more nights I’m there. AP rate is lower, but not that much lower. But will take it. Was thinking of doing that mouse parks for 4 days instead, but the hotel prices I could find, are even more than SF, and I’d have to buy that military ticket, so would cost me even more. Older one does want to go to the mouse one of these days. When he’s ready, then I will bite the bullet, and book the mouse. I’m sure I can get him to add a few days at the dark side too.

So will be at SF when you are there. Give a shout out if you’d like to meet up. Did buy thst FF ticket, so will be there that Sunday night I arrive, and the long weekend mid stay. Good thing, covers when I’m doing that private tour. Thus, will be wandering the park the other nights, including using my free one that last Thursday or Friday.

Looking forward to the end of September, and meeting up with friends.

Hard to believe my youngest is getting married soon, Oct 1. Hope for good weather as the ceremony is outside. Long range forecast is rain the day before but partly sunny on the day

I will get the bus loaded up so all the homies can join the wedding!
If there is food and drink, double the order for as your friends here that love to eat and drink
lol

anywho, hope the wedding is spectacular!!

If you live in the South, you will be still wearing shorts…
September can have a range of hot, cool or rainy weather here.

Close your eyes and hope you haven’t over or under dressed

I usually take shorts and slacks and and plan what to wear the morning I wake up

My guess is Lynne will be in shorts no matter what the temps are
CARGO Shorts! 😀. Howdy Mac! 🤠🤠🤠

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter