Something About Nothing............ #14

Not good where you are?

Nope, overcast and 46 F degrees out. Plus a wind that is 20 to 25 mph to make that feel just a wee bit cooler then it is. Had my jacket on and was moving fast for my lunchtime walk. Tried my sunglasses, but not needed, as just gray out. Saw Orlando said a full day of sun. So yeah, I’d like that, including the almost 30 degrees warmer.

Nope, overcast and 46 F degrees out. Plus a wind that is 20 to 25 mph to make that feel just a wee bit cooler then it is. Had my jacket on and was moving fast for my lunchtime walk. Tried my sunglasses, but not needed, as just gray out. Saw Orlando said a full day of sun. So yeah, I’d like that, including the almost 30 degrees warmer.
Sorry to hear that...we are in the rollercoaster months now...temps are all over the place and there is no way to plan anything. This week isn't too bad so going to the Studios Saturday evening would be a great weather evening.

https://www.clickorlando.com/weather/

:wave2:Finally getting to do a quick stop in!

Busy week/weekend here. Bil and fiance came here as well as DD (without the GD - it was a little getaway weekend for her) and so we had lots of family togetherness this weekend. We actually got together, to make our own homemade sausage. So it was a busy weekend. You just can't take the old-school german roots out of our family ;) lol. Went to our favorite steak house for an amazing meal as well. Got to have the prime rib this time, and it was delicious!!!

Our weather was incredibly warm for Remembrance (Veteran's day) here and rest of the weekend. Woke up this morning to cold and about a foot of snow on the ground :cold: It happens every year, this year is no different. Life in northern Canada.

Well, I should get to shuffling more papers. There seems to be more papers to shuffle lately, which is a good thing ;) . Hoping to read back a few pages to catch up

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!!!!

Our weather was incredibly warm for Remembrance (Veteran's day) here and rest of the weekend. Woke up this morning to cold and about a foot of snow on the ground :cold: It happens every year, this year is no different. Life in northern Canada.
Sometimes I wouldn't mind some snow like we used to get in Virginia...as long as I didn't have to drive in it. There is nothing better than to sit in front of a nice fire and watch the snow come down...everything is so quiet since the snow absorbs sounds. I used to love that...but again...only if I didn't have to drive in it.

Sometimes I wouldn't mind some snow like we used to get in Virginia...as long as I didn't have to drive in it. There is nothing better than to sit in front of a nice fire and watch the snow come down...everything is so quiet since the snow absorbs sounds. I used to love that...but again...only if I didn't have to drive in it.
And if I don't lose power and water have to use the snow to flush toilets :rotfl2: Actually, I guess that's not a joke, because that's what happened last February here. We lucked out and didn't lose power, since we are near a hospital and fire station. But no water for days.

Yep, we had loss of water and power over the years where I live, too Son. The life of living in the North, and close enough to the sea, Nor’easter storms can bring way too much rain, or lots of snow. And good old blizzards we’ve had too.

As was with my DH in our young marriage, and he was stationed in NC. Well, an inch of snow fell, and none but us knew how to drive in it.

Ooh did not know how late it is, cry for dinner. What are we having? Um, guess I’d better go see what interests me in cooking.

Today was such a Monday. I called to check on my floor and was told that it will be delayed until mid December. I am beginning to wonder if we will ever get this floor installed.

This afternoon I made the mistake of answering a potential spam call from Orlando. It was Hilton offering me a 4 day/3 night stay in Orlando for only $259. I would just need to sit through a 2 hour timeshare presentation. No thanks.

Woke up this morning to cold and about a foot of snow on the ground
Yikes! I don’t think I would function well in a Canadian winter.

I’m in central VA and the snow is so unpredictable here. We get anything from a dusting to a foot or more. I’m with you though. I do not want to drive in it.

And if I don't lose power and water have to use the snow to flush toilets :rotfl2: Actually, I guess that's not a joke, because that's what happened last February here. We lucked out and didn't lose power, since we are near a hospital and fire station. But no water for days.
I can’t even imagine that. This thread is making me want to move farther south again.

As was with my DH in our young marriage, and he was stationed in NC. Well, an inch of snow fell, and none but us knew how to drive in it.
We southerners are famous for our lack of driving skills in the snow. Once when I was living In Georgia it started snowing when I was leaving work. It took 2 hours for what should have been a 30 minute commute, and the snow wasn’t even sticking.

I think I have found another shirt I need for my next Disney trip. I think it’s appropriate considering where I work.

And the bugs down south and the boa snakes there are not for me.

Oh no Charade. Yeah, think so many items are in delay. Hope the floor does come sooner that now saying when to come.

Already have my pajamas on. Tea almost done for the night. Pasta dinner. Used up last box of pasta, leftover cheese, and used most of the tomatoes sitting around. Yay, cleaning out kitchen dinner.

Have a good night all. I’m a fading fast homie.

4B65350D-9A98-4CE4-9620-707E2DAD7899.gif

Ooh a big thank you to Metro. A full day of sunshine and 49 the high. Hehe, weather guy said clear conditions all day. So while not as warm as could be. I’ll take that full day of sun. Particularly with a clear sky, yep, we are at freezing temp today. 32 days the thermometer.

And a yay today. Taco Tuesday is here. Hehe yep, no turkey today. Have a taco or two. Okay, a turkey meat taco is fine.

As a Taco Tuesday, Mac can do her Taco Bell diner. Had a Taco Bell stop the other day, seems both kids much enjoy that new grilled cheese thing. I had nachos. More like a light dinner for us.

Though today, being routine, up hours before the sun, and screen viewing with a cup of tea next to the screen. And woot! Based on the early weather report news,Yes! Rocking those sunglasses on my lunchtime walk and will be enjoying that clear blue sky with blazing sun. Woot!!!

Have that terrific Taco Tuesday homies. And hope you have a most perfect weather day, and an enjoyable one too.

Thanks for the update Lori.....I`ve been waiting to update the HRH thread.....do you mind if I copy your pictures and put them on the thread, or you can if you like......I was told, as I told you they would try and limit disruption of course, but yes, it`s certainly an eye sore.

One person told me works would be complete by May, another said it would be longer.....who knows.

Glad you landed safely and are all settled in....and it sounds lovely with all the Christmas music and atmosphere.....have an absolute blast and welcome to your DH.......
Yes! Please feel free to use the photos! I can post a few others too

Glad you made it in and are having a good time. Ugh! about the renovations. Is the scaffolding on the pool side rooms? We have a pool view room. Well, at least I paid for one. It might be a scaffolding view now:( If we are on a high floor, which we usually are, we just take the elevator to the lobby, cut down the outside stairs near the Palm, and cut through the parking lot. I know they say you are not supposed to, but no one has ever said anything. Plus, we always have a car parked there, so I feel I have plausible deniability about going that route.
Yes, there is some scaffolding on the pool side. And fencing with brown tarp...

I do know about the parking lot shortcut. I took it my first morning. There was a security van sitting near the "out of bounds" area....unoccupied.

Sorry for lack of updates....
We had an emergency back home. My dad injured his knee and was in the hospital for over 15 hours yesterday. Since my parents were staying at our home to take care of our animals, I had to arrange for people to take care of the pets and feed the dogs. Not the easiest task from from so far away, and on a moments notice....

Dad was release with pain meds, crutches and will have to see the ortho surgeon today. Hoping for some ok news there! Mom's already nervous he will do further harm to himself with crutches, lol

On to the good stuff!
We are having a super time! The weather has been sunny and pleasant, each day creeping up a few degrees warmer!

We've eaten at Mythos, The Kitchen, Finnegan's, Red Oven Pizza, and some quick service places.
The lemon blueberry crepe from the stand in Studios was divine!!!!! Stop at this crepe stand!!
All the food and service has been really great so far---really no complaints at all.

We've been a bit unlucky in regards to ride delays. I realize its always possible for a ride to experience a delay, but it's been more noticeable during this visit for some reason. We've experienced delays of 15+ minutes on Rip Ride Rocket, Gringotts, Fast and Furious, Velocicoaster (twice), Hogwarts Express train, and Hagrids.

We watched the Macys Parade last night, it's as cute as ever!
Bonus: No wind and temps held out, so I didn't need to buy a sweatshirt after dark, lol!

Oh no, hope your dad is okay, Paris. Yeah bad news sometimes happens when you are away. Glad you were able to find others to mind your pets. Great picture of the Santa in the parade. Always fun to see the floats.

Ah, connectivity issues persist since yesterday. Same today, with no resolution time stated. Uh, training yesterday was cancelled, same with today. Training I’m doing tomorrow will be a pain if I have to do it on my phone. Was sketchy yesterday when we were doing a dry run. Will try to do it later this morning. I’m skeptical all has been fixed. IT issues. Connectivity is great, when it’s working.

Still enjoying that very bright sunny look out the windows.

Good Tuesday morning everyone :wave2:

44DC82B7-61A1-4F21-A7C0-3AB29F2768B7.jpeg

763E078E-ED0A-4840-9F29-2F289C46B591.jpeg

A73B8935-A4D8-44E0-B762-EBC2CC5DECD3.gif

317E7089-51D1-4A50-8059-931B600B7704.jpeg

Busy week/weekend here. Bil and fiance came here as well as DD (without the GD - it was a little getaway weekend for her) and so we had lots of family togetherness this weekend. We actually got together, to make our own homemade sausage. So it was a busy weekend. You just can't take the old-school german roots out of our family ;) lol. Went to our favorite steak house for an amazing meal as well. Got to have the prime rib this time, and it was delicious!!!

So nice to hear you had a great visit with your family. Prime rib sounds yummy.

Wow a foot of snow already.

Dad was release with pain meds, crutches and will have to see the ortho surgeon today. Hoping for some ok news there! Mom's already nervous he will do further harm to himself with crutches, lol

Lori I hope your dad’s knee will be ok. Prayers all will go well.

Great to hear you are having a good time and your meals have been good at all the restaurants.

Thank you for sharing an update.

I had a nice lunch yesterday with granddaughter. It was so nice to spend some time with her. I did get an idea for a couple Christmas gifts.

I need to get some house keeping and laundry done today.

Thanksgiving is a week from Thursday seems like the holidays are coming fast this year for some reason.

Our weather will be a tad warmer today. The sun is shining. Need to get scootin before I talk myself out of the things I need to accomplish for the day.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone.

Take it easy, Robo, but yeah, housework has to be done some day. Hope you at least get out sometime before the sun sets, to enjoy that sunshine.

Ack, not even lunch and yep, and dry run was cancelled, as still no word from the IT people. Highly suspect tomorrow’s training will be cancelled or maybe will do it at my work, as they can tape to play later. Guess more direction will be given later today or tomorrow. I don’t mind coming in, if need to. At least will most all not commuting, parking will not be the issue if we come in at a later time.

Woot! 9 days out until that food coma and the present buying starts in earnest.

Bundle up homies. While the sun is shining brightly, it’s definitely not warm feeling here. Sigh, the shorts will remain at the back of the drawer.

Pasta dinner. Used up last box of pasta, leftover cheese, and used most of the tomatoes sitting around. Yay, cleaning out kitchen dinner.
It's always a good time for pasta! I made sauce Sunday and used a new bottle sauce...Rao's marinara. I kept hearing how great it is and all that...it wasn't any better than Prego...it all depends on what you put in the sauce. But...I can eat Italian food all day every day. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter