Something About Nothing............ #14

Never heard of Herr's:scratchin

It does take a good chunk of the evening; however, I figured it would save time and frustration waiting in line for the parade, the Grinchmas show, and the castle projections. We only have 2 nights, and it's close to Thanksgiving. I think this trip is going to be very busy.

Boy, I bet Alex Baldwin really needs that drink right now. What a shame.

Onions, particularly raw, really get me now. I have to get them removed usually, unless they are caramelized.

The Vespa is out of commission. It won't start, even with the battery charged, and the high beam isn't working. So, no inspection or registration right now. The battery is probably bad after sitting for so long. I decided to take this opportunity to have it serviced, since it has been years since the fluids were changed/checked. Have to get it towed though. They can't fit it in until after Thanksgiving though. Oh well.

It sounds an ideal tour if you only have a few nights, I do like the idea of it. Yes, it`s going to be busy...we`ll be in no rush to hit the parks as we arrive the day before Thanksgiving.

Herr`s are for sale in Wawa and I think Target.....one of the TM`s at Strong Water told us to try them, they are lovely.

Oh onions can cause so many issues for many folks. I can have onion/garlic if they`re pulped down as in curries, or in seasonings.....the allium family in general I have to be careful with, long as its pureed or pulped, I`m fine, any other way is a big no no...and I love onions and garlic!! But, could be worse........it could be wine I have issues with :scared1:

Productive evening here......got a load more Christmas presents ordered, and more wrapping paper and gift tags bought too. I`m getting there with presents for this Christmas.

Not cold tonight either which is nice for November.

Enjoying a small pink gin as we just felt like having one after the cheeseboard which was lovely, I wish I could make chutney`s like my friend, but mine always ended up a little runny.

Not sure of plans for tomorrow.......might walk, might not.

Carole - I thought you would get a kick out of this...it's from MCO yesterday and their welcoming back of Virgin Atlantic. I'm going to send this to you.

So, who watched that game last night? squeaked by yet again, phew.

Finally, parts are in for my car. Have been waiting since July for them.

The insurance company notified me a few weeks ago that the dippy doo in huge SUV that backed into my car @ WM parking lot (locked onto my grill and pulled me back into her parking spot with her) was assigned 100% of blame. Nice that since in-house, both with same insurer, I had zero deductible. :dance3: Had to drop off my car so early this am, almost feels like it‘s bedtime now.

Oh yes, the salt and vinegar chips are great too!!
right up there with old bay :)
In America we love Herr`s crisps and usually buy Lays which are the same as Walkers over here, but with different offerings.....honey bbq!!! And they don`t use MSG like Walkers too. So many do use MSG, even on the plain ones.
my go to is Synder’s brand. They have a nice honey BBQ, their regular is bit tangy

not sure if Utz brand is national or not now. You would love their Zapps Voodoo chips, traditional plus other flavors. not a heavy kettle chip but, there is a crunch. A rather poetic review:

https://www.utzsnacks.com/products/zapps-kettle-potato-chips-voodoo?variant=9157553553452
“It starts off with the vinegary nose of a salt and vinegar chip before settling down with the smoky sweetness of sweet barbecue sauce. There's a sharp, fresh, jalapeño-like finish, and perhaps a touch of that Old Bay aroma that lingers after you've made it about halfway through the bag.”

i may have to crack open a bag of chips tonight & call it dinner. some sliced up celery can pass for a green veggie

Yes, we looked at it but decided we didn`t want to donate a whole evening to it, it does look like fun though, especially the Grinch!
bit the bullet & booked, 1/4 the price of a MVMCP tix if anybody is counting. Ridiculous.
Hopefully a less frustrating day than yesterday with phone calls......I`m going to leave a review on the company who just don`t answer their phone or emails today, had a quick look and they get about 60/40 positive, but many having the same issues. Won`t use them again.
what a day!
have some capers
why are there no caper flavored chips? I may be onto something
It does take a good chunk of the evening; however, I figured it would save time and frustration waiting in line for the parade, the Grinchmas show, and the castle projections. We only have 2 nights, and it's close to Thanksgiving. I think this trip is going to be very busy.
my thought exactly. We are always at WDW first that time period, guessing the Saturday after Thanksgiving is going to be a zoo; especially for offsite guests.

my go to is Synder’s brand. They have a nice honey BBQ, their regular is bit tangy

not sure if Utz brand is national or not now. You would love their Zapps Voodoo chips, traditional plus other flavors. not a heavy kettle chip but, there is a crunch.
I like Utz and Snyder's...both are really good.

Us too, we almost always have some flavor of chips in our home. I like the bbq ones, sometimes. Salt and vinegar was the last bag we had.

Hello again. I'm too lazy to go back through a week's worth of posts, so I will just start again with today.

We are getting close to finishing the home improvements. Today started work on the front of the house. Here are my new front steps.

And so, that sunny conditions will persist all day, making it a high temp of 69. Ooh ever that close to 70. But once the temp goes past the mid 60’s, you will surely see most people wearing shorts. Today, I am in shorts. Yay! Warmer day. But yes, as it’s getting that ever so much closer to the Wintertime, we will be back into the 50’s as the highs, with rain also predicted to make the weekend a wet rainy one. Happy that is not that snow.
We had a very warm day today and I made the mistake of wearing long sleeves. We should have another nice day tomorrow, and then the temps will start to drop again.

Will begin the "before I leave for vacation" house cleaning today, lol! Does anyone else do this?
Always. I hate coming home to a house that needs to be cleaned.

It`s funny I don`t get upset tummies from spices. But, chunks of onion will hurt like hell.....lol...
We are opposites. Foods that are too spicy will give me acid reflux, but onions don't bother me at all.

The Vespa is out of commission. It won't start, even with the battery charged, and the high beam isn't working. So, no inspection or registration right now. The battery is probably bad after sitting for so long. I decided to take this opportunity to have it serviced, since it has been years since the fluids were changed/checked. Have to get it towed though. They can't fit it in until after Thanksgiving though. Oh well.
Ugh, auto repairs. Never a good time for those.

I wonder if they were with my flooring. Glad you are finally able to get your car repaired.

I noticed you have been missing here…
Was about to send out the doggies to find you !
Sorry about that. I'll make it up to you in a couple of weeks. I should have some awesome pics to use for night lights.

I'm really sleepy, but it's not even 10:00 yet, and I'm trying to finish a book. Hmm...sleep or read?

Last edited:

Carole - I thought you would get a kick out of this...it's from MCO yesterday and their welcoming back of Virgin Atlantic. I'm going to send this to you.

Thanks Todd....I hadn`t seen that one posted. They really did go all out on celebrating International travel opening up again. I read a review on a motorsport forum I am a member of, from a family who were on that first flight, they said it was incredible and so many folks crying happy tears.......

The insurance company notified me a few weeks ago that the dippy doo in huge SUV that backed into my car @ WM parking lot (locked onto my grill and pulled me back into her parking spot with her) was assigned 100% of blame. Nice that since in-house, both with same insurer, I had zero deductible. :dance3: Had to drop off my car so early this am, almost feels like it‘s bedtime now.

not sure if Utz brand is national or not now. You would love their Zapps Voodoo chips, traditional plus other flavors. not a heavy kettle chip but, there is a crunch. A rather poetic review:

https://www.utzsnacks.com/products/zapps-kettle-potato-chips-voodoo?variant=9157553553452
“It starts off with the vinegary nose of a salt and vinegar chip before settling down with the smoky sweetness of sweet barbecue sauce. There's a sharp, fresh, jalapeño-like finish, and perhaps a touch of that Old Bay aroma that lingers after you've made it about halfway through the bag.”

i may have to crack open a bag of chips tonight & call it dinner. some sliced up celery can pass for a green veggie

bit the bullet & booked, 1/4 the price of a MVMCP tix if anybody is counting. Ridiculous.

what a day!

my thought exactly. We are always at WDW first that time period, guessing the Saturday after Thanksgiving is going to be a zoo; especially for offsite guests.

Glad she was assigned complete blame......what an idiot she was!

Never heard of Snyder`s, will look out for them...love a good bbq flavour!! I struggle to find a favourite as there`s not many I don`t like! We have many brands, but one called Yorkshire Crisps and Pipers are among some we will seek out, very moreish!

Haven`t seen caper flavour added yet......hmmm. Yes, gap in the market....strange as they have every other flavour on the planet available! I do like the sound of the Voodoo ones, most of the hot and spicy ones we get all have msg as do most of the bbq ones too.

Good job on booking the Holiday Tour!

Hello again. I'm too lazy to go back through a week's worth of posts, so I will just start again with today.

We are getting close to finishing the home improvements. Today started work on the front of the house. Here are my new front steps.

View attachment 621370

We had a very warm day today and I made the mistake of wearing long sleeves. We should have another nice day tomorrow, and then the temps will start to drop again.

We are opposites. Foods that are too spicy will give me acid reflux, but onions don't bother me at all.

I wonder if they were with my flooring. Glad you are finally able to get your car repaired.

Sorry about that. I'll make it up to you in a couple of weeks. I should have some awesome pics to use for night lights.

I'm really sleepy, but it's not even 10:00 yet, and I'm trying to finish a book. Hmm...sleep or read?

It`s annoying as I love onions, but I can eat the green of the salad onion, all explained in the Fodmap plan. Different parts have different sugars and they way they react with your body is interesting. Well, it`s not really it`s quite dull, but it explains it well.

Glad you have your new steps, you`ll be done soon hopefully.

Sleep.......books can be read anytime.

Read or sleep?

Think it would be better if you found chocolates or something sweet to eat

I had a craving for something sweet last night around 9pm which is unusual for me......had a pink gin instead lol.....that`s quite sweet!

Wednesday again and a rather dull day ahead. It`s still pitch black, but looks damp as if it`s been raining. Will see when it gets light whether we`ll walk, I`m sure we will especially as the wind has completely gone.

Made an Indian curry yesterday for dinner tonight, used some of my friend`s peach chutney in it too, think it`ll be lovely, if I have time I`ll make some sweet naan breads. None of us are fans of rice unless it`s from the Indian restaurants themselves, plain rice is boring, never eat it.

Croissants for breakfast with some baked ham and fruit, I`m ready for it now!

i-TxmCQWs-Th.gif

i-SFdWcvH-S.gif

cv91-S.jpg

Happy middle of the week Wednesday 😁

Good morning Schumi. Dull day does not sound so sunny. Here, we have high clouds ahead of the cold weather system arriving soon, to drop the temps and bring rain. But yay, still in the 60’s with 66 the high, and mostly sunny day is our Wednesday. Your breakfast sounded tasty. While we do offer ham at breakfast, most either offer bacon, sausage or steak. Hope you gave a great Wednesday, and that pink gin sounded like a perfect sweet evening drink.

And yep, as middle of week days, and who do I see

233B07B4-858C-4494-9B24-E2E75390249F.jpeg

Ah yes. camel is here. And saw that Schumi posted, and of course, a hump of a day you can enjoy some wine too. LoL

Thus, enjoy this wonderful hump of a day, and maybe even drinking some wine. All to say, yay, Friday is ever that so much closer. Two days from now. Woot!

But still a routine day for me, which already includes up before that sun, screen viewing for awhile, and a one of the first things: teapot on the stove. And ah yes, a holiday day tomorrow. The day we all should remember and thank our veterans.

More tea? Why yes, it’s that time. Hope this finds all healthy, safe, and happy.

Good morning. Getting ready to leave for what will probably be another slow day at work. I really shouldn’t complain though.

Today I will be meeting more strangers from the internet. These people are local though and from our university parent group. I haven’t been able to go to the last 2 lunches, but I can finally go today. We are going to a restaurant just up the road from my office.

love a good bbq flavour!!
I’m not usually a big fan of BBQ chips, but our Kroger stores have one that I love. I think it’s a store brand.

It’s such a nice day today. I wish I could spend it outside, but off to work I go.

Such a gorgeous doggy!!! Looks so comfortable and well looked after......

It`s funny I don`t get upset tummies from spices. But, chunks of onion will hurt like hell.....lol......We do like very, very hot and spicy, but still like flavour too. Food has to have both if it`s meant to be spicy. Good Indian restaurant food, you`ll feel the heat build slowly, not just burn your mouth off! I do like medium spiced food too on occasion.....depends on the dish.

Several times in America I`ve ordered something and waiter warns me....ooh it is very hot....I tell them I would hope so, and I`m usually disappointed. Exception being the Hot sauce in Strong Water Bar......that was decent!

Oh you`ll love the decorations......I saw some Twitter sites were posting pics of the tree going up yesterday and other areas around the park.....looks lovely. Tree is still huge even without the decorations.......

Did they tell you the Hard Rock is having some roof work done? I don`t think it`ll interfere with guests too much but it started either this month or last month and will go on for around 11 months.

I think this info will be posted on the HRH website, but I haven`t looked to see if it`s there yet.

Beautiful day here and so warm for the time of year......we made 62F which for Mid November is almost tropical for us.

Enjoyed a long walk and bought some chunky cod for dinner, have some capers so will make a tartare sauce for a change.......friend dropped off some of her home made chutney`s this lunchtime, so popped out and bought a mini cheese selection for later. There`s a sweet and spicy apple with ginger and a peach one. Will enjoy an after dinner cheeseboard tonight.

Getting a little duller now, but it`ll be dark in just over an hour.

Pot of tea time.......
No, I hadn't heard anything about the construction at HRH. Since I was there in the beginning of summer, I hadn't been on the HRH thread...oops on me! Hopefully it won't be an impact on anyones stay.
I double checked RPR a few days ago. They only had the Captains Presidential Suite available at the AP rate...

Hi everyone. Quick drive by while I am at lunch. I realized that I haven’t posted in a week. Just dealing with life right now. Back later.
Hey Charade, you've been missed!

Never heard of Herr's:scratchin

Boy, I bet Alex Baldwin really needs that drink right now. What a shame.

Onions, particularly raw, really get me now. I have to get them removed usually, unless they are caramelized.

I've heard of Herr's, but it's not readily available in my area.

Sorry to hear the Vespa is out of commission. Fun to run around on!

what a day!

Glad the person who hit your car is getting assigned 100% responsibility....as it should be!

I was actually considering booking the late night holiday thing at WDW. But my night is already sold out, so I guess that is that...

Hmmm...I like capers...

View attachment 621370

New steps!!
You're gonna have a whole new house when all is finished!!

Thanks Todd....I hadn`t seen that one posted. They really did go all out on celebrating International travel opening up again. I read a review on a motorsport forum I am a member of, from a family who were on that first flight, they said it was incredible and so many folks crying happy tears.......

Glad she was assigned complete blame......what an idiot she was!

Never heard of Snyder`s, will look out for them...love a good bbq flavour!! I struggle to find a favourite as there`s not many I don`t like! We have many brands, but one called Yorkshire Crisps and Pipers are among some we will seek out, very moreish!

Haven`t seen caper flavour added yet......hmmm. Yes, gap in the market....strange as they have every other flavour on the planet available! I do like the sound of the Voodoo ones, most of the hot and spicy ones we get all have msg as do most of the bbq ones too.

Good job on booking the Holiday Tour!

It`s annoying as I love onions, but I can eat the green of the salad onion, all explained in the Fodmap plan. Different parts have different sugars and they way they react with your body is interesting. Well, it`s not really it`s quite dull, but it explains it well.

Glad you have your new steps, you`ll be done soon hopefully.

Sleep.......books can be read anytime.

I had a craving for something sweet last night around 9pm which is unusual for me......had a pink gin instead lol.....that`s quite sweet!

Wednesday again and a rather dull day ahead. It`s still pitch black, but looks damp as if it`s been raining. Will see when it gets light whether we`ll walk, I`m sure we will especially as the wind has completely gone.

Made an Indian curry yesterday for dinner tonight, used some of my friend`s peach chutney in it too, think it`ll be lovely, if I have time I`ll make some sweet naan breads. None of us are fans of rice unless it`s from the Indian restaurants themselves, plain rice is boring, never eat it.

Croissants for breakfast with some baked ham and fruit, I`m ready for it now!

i-TxmCQWs-Th.gif

i-SFdWcvH-S.gif

cv91-S.jpg

Happy middle of the week Wednesday 😁
We do have Snyder's brand in my area. Gosh, all this potato chip talk is really weakening my resolve to eat better, lol!!!

I've still never eaten a curry dish. But I did roast some cauliflower with mild curry and paprika seasoning. Turned out quite well!
Tonight is roasted parsnip with our chicken...cluck, cluck!

Good morning Schumi. Dull day does not sound so sunny. Here, we have high clouds ahead of the cold weather system arriving soon, to drop the temps and bring rain. But yay, still in the 60’s with 66 the high, and mostly sunny day is our Wednesday. Your breakfast sounded tasty. While we do offer ham at breakfast, most either offer bacon, sausage or steak. Hope you gave a great Wednesday, and that pink gin sounded like a perfect sweet evening drink.

And yep, as middle of week days, and who do I see

View attachment 621412

Ah yes. camel is here. And saw that Schumi posted, and of course, a hump of a day you can enjoy some wine too. LoL

Thus, enjoy this wonderful hump of a day, and maybe even drinking some wine. All to say, yay, Friday is ever that so much closer. Two days from now. Woot!

But still a routine day for me, which already includes up before that sun, screen viewing for awhile, and a one of the first things: teapot on the stove. And ah yes, a holiday day tomorrow. The day we all should remember and thank our veterans.

More tea? Why yes, it’s that time. Hope this finds all healthy, safe, and happy.
Well, since it's Wednesday.....I'll have that glass of wine tonight, lol!

Good morning. Getting ready to leave for what will probably be another slow day at work. I really shouldn’t complain though.

Today I will be meeting more strangers from the internet. These people are local though and from our university parent group. I haven’t been able to go to the last 2 lunches, but I can finally go today. We are going to a restaurant just up the road from my office.

I’m not usually a big fan of BBQ chips, but our Kroger stores have one that I love. I think it’s a store brand.

It’s such a nice day today. I wish I could spend it outside, but off to work I go.
Hope that it is a nice lunch get together!
Enjoy your beautiful day!

Suitcases will be brought out either today or tomorrow. Hatley will NOT be happy! She completely understands what a suitcase means....we are leaving, and she is staying home. She's totally fine with my parents...heck they spoil the pets worse than I do! But Hatley has severe FOMO, and never wants to be left behind.

They lawn service is dethatching our yard today. DH had to mark the sprinkler system heads, so they aren't damaged by the machine. Hopefully he remembered them all!

I need to pop out for a few errands!

No, I hadn't heard anything about the construction at HRH. Since I was there in the beginning of summer, I hadn't been on the HRH thread...oops on me! Hopefully it won't be an impact on anyones stay.
I double checked RPR a few days ago. They only had the Captains Presidential Suite available at the AP rate...

Hey Charade, you've been missed!

I've heard of Herr's, but it's not readily available in my area.

Sorry to hear the Vespa is out of commission. Fun to run around on!

Glad the person who hit your car is getting assigned 100% responsibility....as it should be!

I was actually considering booking the late night holiday thing at WDW. But my night is already sold out, so I guess that is that...

Hmmm...I like capers...

New steps!!
You're gonna have a whole new house when all is finished!!

We do have Snyder's brand in my area. Gosh, all this potato chip talk is really weakening my resolve to eat better, lol!!!

I've still never eaten a curry dish. But I did roast some cauliflower with mild curry and paprika seasoning. Turned out quite well!
Tonight is roasted parsnip with our chicken...cluck, cluck!

Well, since it's Wednesday.....I'll have that glass of wine tonight, lol!

Hope that it is a nice lunch get together!
Enjoy your beautiful day!

Suitcases will be brought out either today or tomorrow. Hatley will NOT be happy! She completely understands what a suitcase means....we are leaving, and she is staying home. She's totally fine with my parents...heck they spoil the pets worse than I do! But Hatley has severe FOMO, and never wants to be left behind.

They lawn service is dethatching our yard today. DH had to mark the sprinkler system heads, so they aren't damaged by the machine. Hopefully he remembered them all!

I need to pop out for a few errands!

View attachment 621485

Someone else just mentioned they`re also painting the exterior and may have some effect. Might be worth giving them a call and see what they say, but normally when work is done at the hotels, they do minimise disruption to guests.

We love curry! All variations including Thai, Chinese and Indian and all freshly made, but it`s one of those things you either like or you don`t. Got to make it advance though for flavours to develop.

Oh suitcases down!!! Exciting, but poor Hatley.......they do know don`t they.

We have been to our bulk buy place similar to Costco and stocked up on crisps ....just in case......lol......we did pop into a grocery store this morning, and yes, some of the shelves were completely empty of some branded crisps, namely Walkers, but they did have Prawn Cocktail and salt and vinegar.....we`d be sorted.......lol.....

Have a good day Lori......

It is so mild today, walk was lovely and we managed 8 miles, came home showered and changed and headed out for some bits and bobs and even a visit to the grocery store....I do like seeing all their stores starting to get Christmassy......

Made the Naan breads for tonight, stuffed them with ground almonds, brown sugar, coconut and sultanas all ground up together and stuffed into the Naan.....sweet!

Does feel cooler outside this afternoon, I think we`re due some cooler weather next week, not fun to look forward to that!

:wave2: Early morning stop in. Just waiting on the front guys to fix some paperwork, then I can process it. The life of a paper shuffler lol

Well, winter has arrived here. Woke up to a light dusting of snow on Monday morning that made my morning commute interesting. We really didn't get much snow, but just enough to make the roads extremely slick. It's been colder, but no more snow. I finally pull out the winter coat.

Went to the city to visit the kids last weekend. Grandbaby was happy to have Grammie and Gramps to boss around and play with. She is growing like a weed, and we see huge changes with each visit.

I finally made my first meal with the spoils of dh and ds's hunting. It was very yummy. I made moose stroganoff in the instant pot over egg noodles. It was delicious. Very tender, no gamey taste at all. The texture was slightly different with the first bite...but that was the only time I noticed it. Crossing my fingers that some of the other cuts will cook as beautifully as this one did. We did purchase a new crock pot, as I wanted a new one and the crock pot function on the instant pot doesn't cook nearly the same as an actual crock pot.

I did not get the job I went for the second interview for. They went with the other candidate. Which is alright, as it was not in the field that I would like to be in. So, I gained great interview experience to get the job I am seeking. As well as, the fact that I was one of two top candidates for such a great federal government job, I know that I am interviewing well and my skills are being seriously looked at. I'm on the right track now ;)

Well, the guys just handed me back some papers they had to fix. Off to shuffle more papers around and fill out those spreadsheets.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!

Oh no, snow for Pumpkin. Um glad I’m only to be getting rain on Friday. Sweet to spend time with the Grandbaby. And sorry did not get the job, but hope you do find a new job you will enjoy working there.

Hmm, lunch for Metro. We had hamburgers, as little one fried them in my large frying pan. Hope whatever you chose, was delicious.

Paris getting luggage out soon. Yay for trip getting daily closer. Yay!

Ah shorter day as the holiday one tomorrow. Nice. 😊

:wave2: Early morning stop in. Just waiting on the front guys to fix some paperwork, then I can process it. The life of a paper shuffler lol

Well, winter has arrived here. Woke up to a light dusting of snow on Monday morning that made my morning commute interesting. We really didn't get much snow, but just enough to make the roads extremely slick. It's been colder, but no more snow. I finally pull out the winter coat.

Went to the city to visit the kids last weekend. Grandbaby was happy to have Grammie and Gramps to boss around and play with. She is growing like a weed, and we see huge changes with each visit.

I finally made my first meal with the spoils of dh and ds's hunting. It was very yummy. I made moose stroganoff in the instant pot over egg noodles. It was delicious. Very tender, no gamey taste at all. The texture was slightly different with the first bite...but that was the only time I noticed it. Crossing my fingers that some of the other cuts will cook as beautifully as this one did. We did purchase a new crock pot, as I wanted a new one and the crock pot function on the instant pot doesn't cook nearly the same as an actual crock pot.

I did not get the job I went for the second interview for. They went with the other candidate. Which is alright, as it was not in the field that I would like to be in. So, I gained great interview experience to get the job I am seeking. As well as, the fact that I was one of two top candidates for such a great federal government job, I know that I am interviewing well and my skills are being seriously looked at. I'm on the right track now ;)

Well, the guys just handed me back some papers they had to fix. Off to shuffle more papers around and fill out those spreadsheets.

I`m so sorry you didn`t get the job, but you`re correct to be confident you`re doing something right in the interviews to get as far in them. Something that`s perfect for you will be just around the corner.

And glad you had some nice time with little one......I`m sure you see massive changes in her every time.

Can you please keep your snow and not send it over here.....pretty please!!! Although who doesn`t love a winter coat!!!! I do have a new red winter coat I`ll enjoy wearing when it gets colder.....wasn`t sure it was the right red, but I love it now.

I love my slow cookers....have 3 in different sizes, but even the small one holds a decent amount of food. The Instant Pot didn`t work out for me at all, didn`t like it.

Hope your day goes well......

Curry was indeed delicious, it got hotter as we ate further into it, very tasty. The chutney did add something extra. Naan breads could have been better, little too doughy.....but very edible.

This is actually a seal in the sea this morning.....it was just bobbing along quite near the shore.......it does look like a dog though, but we could see it clear as day. Phone camera pics are never as good as real cameras I know, but it just didn`t capture that it was a seal.

CB3E7AD7-6B8B-4B2A-ADBE-A00A5E75B50E-S.jpg

Enjoying some 80`s music tonight in the background, nothing on tv at all so it`s music time. Love hearing something I`d forgotten from many years ago.....

Enjoying a cranberry juice with fizzy lemonade tonight.......

Nothing wrong with 80s music! I listen all the time...I still can't believe it but today's music just stinks!

Cranberry juice with lemonade sounds very good!

Someone else just mentioned they`re also painting the exterior and may have some effect. Might be worth giving them a call and see what they say, but normally when work is done at the hotels, they do minimise disruption to guests.

We love curry! All variations including Thai, Chinese and Indian and all freshly made, but it`s one of those things you either like or you don`t. Got to make it advance though for flavours to develop.

Oh suitcases down!!! Exciting, but poor Hatley.......they do know don`t they.

We have been to our bulk buy place similar to Costco and stocked up on crisps ....just in case......lol......we did pop into a grocery store this morning, and yes, some of the shelves were completely empty of some branded crisps, namely Walkers, but they did have Prawn Cocktail and salt and vinegar.....we`d be sorted.......lol.....

Have a good day Lori......

It is so mild today, walk was lovely and we managed 8 miles, came home showered and changed and headed out for some bits and bobs and even a visit to the grocery store....I do like seeing all their stores starting to get Christmassy......

Made the Naan breads for tonight, stuffed them with ground almonds, brown sugar, coconut and sultanas all ground up together and stuffed into the Naan.....sweet!

Does feel cooler outside this afternoon, I think we`re due some cooler weather next week, not fun to look forward to that!
I just got off of the phone with a person at HRH. The lady I spoke to had no idea of any work going on at the hotel. She said there was work happening at Cabana Bay. I have no idea...

Glad you got to see the grandbaby!!

And moose stroganoff sounds divine!!

Wasn't the right job for you.....the perfect one will come your way!

Oh no, snow for Pumpkin. Um glad I’m only to be getting rain on Friday. Sweet to spend time with the Grandbaby. And sorry did not get the job, but hope you do find a new job you will enjoy working there.

Hmm, lunch for Metro. We had hamburgers, as little one fried them in my large frying pan. Hope whatever you chose, was delicious.

Paris getting luggage out soon. Yay for trip getting daily closer. Yay!

Ah shorter day as the holiday one tomorrow. Nice. 😊
Do most people get off of work for Veteran's day? I know my DH is working.

I`m so sorry you didn`t get the job, but you`re correct to be confident you`re doing something right in the interviews to get as far in them. Something that`s perfect for you will be just around the corner.

And glad you had some nice time with little one......I`m sure you see massive changes in her every time.

Can you please keep your snow and not send it over here.....pretty please!!! Although who doesn`t love a winter coat!!!! I do have a new red winter coat I`ll enjoy wearing when it gets colder.....wasn`t sure it was the right red, but I love it now.

I love my slow cookers....have 3 in different sizes, but even the small one holds a decent amount of food. The Instant Pot didn`t work out for me at all, didn`t like it.

Hope your day goes well......

Curry was indeed delicious, it got hotter as we ate further into it, very tasty. The chutney did add something extra. Naan breads could have been better, little too doughy.....but very edible.

This is actually a seal in the sea this morning.....it was just bobbing along quite near the shore.......it does look like a dog though, but we could see it clear as day. Phone camera pics are never as good as real cameras I know, but it just didn`t capture that it was a seal.

CB3E7AD7-6B8B-4B2A-ADBE-A00A5E75B50E-S.jpg

Enjoying some 80`s music tonight in the background, nothing on tv at all so it`s music time. Love hearing something I`d forgotten from many years ago.....

Enjoying a cranberry juice with fizzy lemonade tonight.......
Oh wow, it does look like a dog! How far out in the water was the seal?

About 3 minutes until 5pm, so I'll be pouring that Wednesday wine...

The dethatching went well. A large load of dead under grass was hauled away. Gosh, I do love those perfect lines on the grass! Maybe have a tinge of OCD, as I get a thrill out of that sort of pattern/order.

Time to put the chicken in the oven and get the parsnip ready to roast. Thinking some Christmas music might be nice to start the evening!

Having of those days that make me appreciate the mostly good ones. :crazy:My go to is to clean, rid out 2 corner cupboards in dining room, filled up a large trash bag
Here are my new front steps.
I love the smell of cut wood. Whomever picked out that load did a great job
know that I am interviewing well and my skills are being seriously looked at. I'm on the right track now ;)
Absolutely!
Phone camera pics are never as good as real cameras I know, but it just didn`t capture that it was a seal.
No, way! That is so cool
Maybe have a tinge of OCD, as I get a thrill out of that sort of pattern/order.
IDK it’s alway been on my wish list to have. Mine is mostly mint, no idea how that happened as I’ve never grown it. Next door neighbor has same issue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter