Something About Nothing............ #14

:wave2: A quick Sunday night stop in!

Quiet weekend of putter in the house. I baked some muffins and a couple loaves of bread. Didn't get outside to wash the windows. It has been raining on and off here all weekend. I'll head outside to do that when the weather warms us later in the week.

Funny story, as I was leaving the grocery store and putting my groceries in my trunk, the car next to me was pulling out, the driver rolls down her window and tells me that my car scared the heck out of her and she had a laughing fit. I have pulled out my dead arm to hang outside of my trunk, Guess she wasn't expecting to see a dead hand/arm hanging out of a trunk :rotfl: I told her that is exactly why I decorate my car for Halloween. AND...also to remind dh and the guys I work with what I could be capable of :rolleyes1 lol. I always seen people giggling when they drive by me. Even an RCMP did a little honk and a laugh at me lol.

I know so many people who have a fear of water. It seems so common. We always tried to get our kids comfortable in water. DD is not very comfortable. Hopefully she will get more comfortable as she swims with our granddaughter. Hopefully some of you are able to overcome that. It is not an easy fear to overcome.

I still have a little bit of laundry yet to fold, enjoy having the remote and maybe do a little more planning and researching.

Have a great night everyone. I'll leave a light on for anyone having trouble sleeping and our crew from across the pond.

It is a beautiful day today. I have turned off the a/c and opened up the windows. This is the weather that I love.

I think I have figured out how we will tell B that we are going back to Disney World. I have been trying to come up with stocking stuffer ideas for her. I saw on the shop Disney site that I can get a gift card with her favorite princess on it, so I will put some money on a Disney gift card and put it in her stocking.

Thanks. I think owls are pretty cool.

Happy birthday to her. A friend of ours is having a birthday today. He and his wife are spending it at the Grand Canyon.

She looks quite creepy. How old is she?

We probably use ours too much. We want to get one to put over our stove so we can free up some counter space.

It's going to be a quiet, relaxing say of watching cars drive around in a circle.

That`s a lovely way to let her know about the trip...she`ll be thrilled!

I see American kitchens have that a lot, the microwave at a height above the stove......it`s not something we ever see over here. Only ever have them sitting on worktop space. We are lucky though and have more than enough....

It has been a cool and windy weekend here too....brrrr!
The lake water was all churned up and brown looking
View attachment 613960

Love Big Bang Theory!!!

Yes, I've always been happy with their food! Cheese curds are a must, lol! And the custard is sooooo yummy!

I'm guessing wolf ears is a treat of some sort? Guessing not real wolf ears....

Hoping the hail didn't do any damage! Nice to stay inside on a rainy evening.

Too bad Culver's was a miss for you......they are hugely popular in the Midwest and we have multiple within a 20 mile radius of my house. I like that they prepare everything to order, and not sitting under a lamp.

A very Happy Birthday to your sister!!!

Ok, she would legit scare me!
Brava!!

DH and I took dogs on an extra long walk this morning. Finally tired them both out! Not an easy feat for the lab, she's the energizer bunny!

Oh, your DD will really love finding that gem in her stocking!!

Never watched Succession, but it looks interesting. Enjoy the new season tonight!!

Had a relaxing weekend up north. It was nice to sit with the fire going in the house, while the wind whipped outside and churned the lake up.

DH actually surprised me with a Sweetest Day gift of sorts. He cleared his schedule to go to Florida! He needs to fly home 1.5 days before me...... but I'll take it!!

I booked the flights, R/T transportation with Tony H., and the hotel room this afternoon.
I wanted RP, but it was quite a bit more money than HR. No big deal, as I enjoy HR, but we had stayed there in May. I'll keep checking back...never know when something may open up. I'll need to make a few dining reservations, probably do that tomorrow.

Wishing a restful Sunday evening to all!

Still looks lovely Lori and a cosy fire with a wild night outside....one of my favourite types of romantic nights in............and what a lovely surprise DH is coming after all!!!! Fantastic news......

We both said that about Culvers, everything was incredibly fresh, and honestly the rather young staff all impressed us immensely with their customer service. We don`t eat fast food generally, especially in America as there are so many other choices we love, but we would give it try again at some point.

We are loving TBBT......honestly, I haven`t laughed at a show so much in years! And more or less missing it all those years, it`s all new......I`ve always loved Sheldon though, but I do get the whole show now.

Quiet weekend of putter in the house. I baked some muffins and a couple loaves of bread. Didn't get outside to wash the windows. It has been raining on and off here all weekend. I'll head outside to do that when the weather warms us later in the week.

Funny story, as I was leaving the grocery store and putting my groceries in my trunk, the car next to me was pulling out, the driver rolls down her window and tells me that my car scared the heck out of her and she had a laughing fit. I have pulled out my dead arm to hang outside of my trunk, Guess she wasn't expecting to see a dead hand/arm hanging out of a trunk :rotfl: I told her that is exactly why I decorate my car for Halloween. AND...also to remind dh and the guys I work with what I could be capable of :rolleyes1 lol. I always seen people giggling when they drive by me. Even an RCMP did a little honk and a laugh at me lol.

I know so many people who have a fear of water. It seems so common. We always tried to get our kids comfortable in water. DD is not very comfortable. Hopefully she will get more comfortable as she swims with our granddaughter. Hopefully some of you are able to overcome that. It is not an easy fear to overcome.

I still have a little bit of laundry yet to fold, enjoy having the remote and maybe do a little more planning and researching.

Have a great night everyone. I'll leave a light on for anyone having trouble sleeping and our crew from across the pond.

I love seeing cars with things like that......lol......

Yes, we made sure Kyle could swim at a very early age, I didn`t want him having any fear of the water. I do go in the water, well, a swimming pool and always enjoy milling around especially watching the Dive in movies at RP.

Always nice to have a night light on.......

Don`t know where Keisha`s quote went......Oh I hope she does manage to do it some more, it really does sound fabulous and she`ll be so enthusiastic.....you`ve definitely passed on the love of horror to her! She`ll be at HHN before you know it......

Oh I won`t bother looking out for that movie then.......haven`t watched that one in years!

Tom`s still trying to convince me to book the cinema to go see Halloween, but I`m so annoyed still with the mess they made of the new updated one last year I won`t go.......some things you can`t mess with and they ruined Michael Myers in this!

Still too dark to really see the weather this morning.....will make the most of it while we can, they`re predicting 40-50mph winds on Thursday.....might hibernate that day! I don`t mind it breezy, but no to high gusts.

Made chicken noodle soup from yesterday`s chicken last night, so that`s lunch today. Kyle has a days holiday in.....just because, so he can have some too, he is a fan of my home made soups especially that one, and dinner is still to be determined.

Think it`s croissants for breakfast today, nothing too exciting....well, it is Monday......

i-bBx32MK-Th.gif

cv73-S.jpg

cv80-S.jpg

Have a lovely Monday :)

Good luck with the rest of the items Son. Heels are rarely worn by me now. I gave away almost all my heels, as they are too small for little one and I know I’ll never wear again. I do have one pair of dressy ones I kept though.

Yay, you know when it’s that cooler time of year, as Pumpkin was in baking mode. Nice to have a relaxing weekend, and hope you have some dry days this week, with the rain you’ve been having.

Geeat looking pumpkin, DisneyLife. Yay, for lots of fun the last two weeks, was nice to say a quick hello to you when you arrived. Hopefully next year, we get more days to plan a get together.

Ah, Schumi‘a house should smell good with chicken noodle soup ready for lunch. My little one is that type of soup fan, with noodles and rice in it. Nice to have Kyle home today.

And so, that up before the sun by hours, and already been back to that week day routine for some time too. Yeah, welcome to Monday. But hey, decided needed a longer weekend, as this one went by too quick. So making this weekend a three day one. Woot!

That ever Marvelous Monday homies. Middle of month, and hehe, would have liked seeing Pumpkin’s car trunk as she drove by. Yay, the horror and happy haunting month.

Lynne....you put rice in chicken noodle soup? Never heard of that before......

What a lovely morning it turned out to be......sunnier and warmer than expected so we enjoyed a 7 mile beachfront walk and watched the smaller fisherman about to come back in with their catch of the day.

Yes, looking forward to lunch, made some bread when we came back in, should be ready soon, a simple cheese and chive but added some olives we had too. Dinner is spicy plum Chinese 5 spice pork fillet with stir fried veg.

I`m ready for lunch already and it`s not yet midday......

Good morning. I am super sleepy today. Caspian was in rare form last night and just would not settle down. It's quiet here now. I don't know where he has wandered off to.

B has given me a list of gift ideas for her birthday and Christmas. One of the things on her list is a new purse. I asked her if she has any particular style, size, color, or pattern in mind and she said no. Okay, that narrows it down to everything. I finally got her to tell me that she wants a crossbody, not to large (just need to hold phone, wallet, keys), and a cute, fun pattern. The search begins.

Soniam - Glad you had a great trip with family. I am not a big fan of dress shoes either, especially heels. I can't even remember when I last wore dress shoes.

Pumpkin - Too funny about the car.

Schumi - I mad sure NB started swim lessons at a very early age too. She has always loved water though.

DLPN - Cute pumpkin.

I am waiting for the contractor again. I hope he is able to finish up today. Friday an electrician is coming to fix some wiring problems and install new porch lights.

Yes Schumi, not unusual here to add rice instead of noodles in soup. I tend to use noodles more, but when have leftover rice, I’ll add that instead.

Charade, hope you find a nice purse for her. Little one has purses, but hardly ever carries any one of them, as she just sticks her phone in her pants or shorts.

The issue with a very early breakfast, is that it is that I’m already thinking what for lunch. LoL

Morning all. Burnt the candle last night between the Steeler’s nail biter win & tv. Decided i needed to rewatch the last episode of that show before starting new season. Wound up dozing off, finished it off this am before tackling the day.

need to grab the GD from school early dismissal for orthodontist check, then feed her (TBD) & haul her off to gymnastics by 5 pm. Figure that will be a good 120 miles RT. Will be great to spend some time, Probably should check the gas gauge first.

Thus far today made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, have a chuck roast in the oven for the mr. He enjoys it cold For some reason, will be suitable chilled when he awakes. wishing him a quiet day in the neighborhood. No way could I handle rotating shift work/sleep

stuffed a slab of corned beef in crockpot, will let it do it’s magic. Slice it down & make Reubens for myself & middle DS with plenty of leftovers.

need to settle upon something for the kiddo. Hoping i have some udon noodles lurking in the pantry. If not, she’ll get broccoli/cheese rice with some beef roast on the side. The combos my family enjoys can be interesting.

It has been a cool and windy weekend here too....brrrr!
The lake water was all churned up and brown looking
it still looks quite lovely. Interesting how vibrant green that grass is, all the way down to the water’s edge.
At some point, my husband texted me that their flight had been delayed from leaving ~7:30pm to ~9:30pm. So they weren't going to get in until really late. Eventually they cancelled the flight, Southwest :(
oh, no, i feel your pain
I had an amazing run through some of the houses, particularly Hill House.
can i say I told you so? :p :cloud9: Loved the detail, had quite the merry hunt securing that Tshirt. haven’t been tempted to purchase one since the Evil Dead year
We went to the AP lounge while it rained to figure out how they were getting home
last thing you want to juggle on a vacation
We found out that the fuel rods come with a really short cable, so DH got one.
they have a rather dismal life but, we are ‘legacy’ members, easy enough to swap them out in the parks. Was surprised to see a kiosk in the gift shop @ SF. Wasn’t aware they had them in the resort(s).
We saw No Time to Die
what did u think. glad I saw & nice send off for Bond but, ultimately unsatisfying for me.
One has a baby powder smelling scent for the puppet theater house.
oh, need to go & explore it later thanks. Never heard of that vendor.
also to remind dh and the guys I work with what I could be capable of :rolleyes1 lol. I always seen people giggling when they drive by me. Even an RCMP did a little honk and a laugh at me lol.
nwahaha
see American kitchens have that a lot, the microwave at a height above the stove......it`s not something we ever see over here
the bane of vertically challenged women everywhere. I refuse to deal with them. when selling homes actively, experienced more than a few people pass on purchasing homes because of that unfortunate placement Of MW.
Tom`s still trying to convince me to book the cinema to go see Halloween, but I`m so annoyed still with the mess they made of the new updated one last year I won`t go.......some things you can`t mess with and they ruined Michael Myers in this!
never did see last years due to the reviews. What I’ve seen thus far is encouraging. planning on catching it on small screen via peacock. I do enjoy the option to stream (non blockbuster sorts of) movies that also playing in the theaters
Made chicken noodle soup from yesterday`s chicken last night, so that`s lunch today. Kyle has a days holiday in.....just because, so he can have some too, he is a fan of my home made soups especially that one, and dinner is still to be determined.

Think it`s croissants for breakfast today, nothing too exciting....well, it is Monday......
i had one chocolate cookie, quality control thing. Then decided i would have a piece of Italian bread with butter & apple butter on top.

Pretty sure I’ve already exceeded my carb count for the day

hope Kyle enjoys his day off!
Ah, Schumi‘a house should smell good with chicken noodle soup ready for lunch. My little one is that type of soup fan, with noodles and rice in it. Nice to have Kyle home today.
I generally like small noodles in my chicken soup, alphabets, acini de Pepe or mini shells. Rarely use egg noodles for anything. Rice, even less. Not a fan of the texture after it sets/soaks up broth…well, other than in stuffed pepper soup - yum! Now that it’s getting cooler, time to pull out all those standards.
finally got her to tell me that she wants a crossbody, not to large (just need to hold phone, wallet, keys), and a cute, fun pattern. The search begins.
the loungefly Disney purse/backpacks are so popular & have so many different cute styles. Some more subdued than others. they can be switched to crossbody too. was gifted the daisy/Donald one by oldest DS’s family for my BD. It’s quite cute, love the characters but, nothing in heavy rotation for me lol. I appreciate their effort.

Yes Schumi, not unusual here to add rice instead of noodles in soup. I tend to use noodles more, but when have leftover rice, I’ll add that instead.

Charade, hope you find a nice purse for her. Little one has purses, but hardly ever carries any one of them, as she just sticks her phone in her pants or shorts.

The issue with a very early breakfast, is that it is that I’m already thinking what for lunch. LoL

So, chicken rice soup. Ah ok. I did wonder.

Morning all...when my mother used to make homemade soup she would put a lot of elbow macaroni in it...mainly because I liked it so much. We were never big rice eaters so she didn't make it very often.

I just heard about this today...did anyone else hear about it or did I miss it? https://insidethemagic.net/2021/10/fight-breaks-out-halloween-horror-nights-ad1/

No, not rice eaters in this house, especially in soup.

I do remember one soup my mum made with what you call elbow pasta, we call it macaroni.....lol....I wouldn`t eat it apparently....or so I`m told. Pasta isn`t much for me either......

Need to read your link......

Good morning homies
Late start for me today but here now to catch up!

Nice to relax mac.......

Morning all. Burnt the candle last night between the Steeler’s nail biter win & tv. Decided i needed to rewatch the last episode of that show before starting new season. Wound up dozing off, finished it off this am before tackling the day.

need to grab the GD from school early dismissal for orthodontist check, then feed her (TBD) & haul her off to gymnastics by 5 pm. Figure that will be a good 120 miles RT. Will be great to spend some time, Probably should check the gas gauge first.

Thus far today made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, have a chuck roast in the oven for the mr. He enjoys it cold For some reason, will be suitable chilled when he awakes. wishing him a quiet day in the neighborhood. No way could I handle rotating shift work/sleep

stuffed a slab of corned beef in crockpot, will let it do it’s magic. Slice it down & make Reubens for myself & middle DS with plenty of leftovers.

need to settle upon something for the kiddo. Hoping i have some udon noodles lurking in the pantry. If not, she’ll get broccoli/cheese rice with some beef roast on the side. The combos my family enjoys can be interesting.

it still looks quite lovely. Interesting how vibrant green that grass is, all the way down to the water’s edge.

oh, no, i feel your pain

can i say I told you so? :p :cloud9: Loved the detail, had quite the merry hunt securing that Tshirt. haven’t been tempted to purchase one since the Evil Dead year

they have a rather dismal life but, we are ‘legacy’ members, easy enough to swap them out in the parks. Was surprised to see a kiosk in the gift shop @ SF. Wasn’t aware they had them in the resort(s).

what did u think. glad I saw & nice send off for Bond but, ultimately unsatisfying for me.

nwahaha

the bane of vertically challenged women everywhere. I refuse to deal with them. when selling homes actively, experienced more than a few people pass on purchasing homes because of that unfortunate placement Of MW.

never did see last years due to the reviews. What I’ve seen thus far is encouraging. planning on catching it on small screen via peacock. I do enjoy the option to stream (non blockbuster sorts of) movies that also playing in the theaters

i had one chocolate cookie, quality control thing. Then decided i would have a piece of Italian bread with butter & apple butter on top.

I generally like small noodles in my chicken soup, alphabets, acini de Pepe or mini shells. Rarely use egg noodles for anything. Rice, even less. Not a fan of the texture after it sets/soaks up broth…well, other than in stuffed pepper soup - yum! Now that it’s getting cooler, time to pull out all those standards.

the loungefly Disney purse/backpacks are so popular & have so many different cute styles. Some more subdued than others. they can be switched to crossbody too. was gifted the daisy/Donald one by oldest DS’s family for my BD. It’s quite cute, love the characters but, nothing in heavy rotation for me lol. I appreciate their effort.

I was thinking of you last night with that game.....

Yes, long journey, but as you say nice to see the little one. Has she recovered from her busy weekend....although she is usually busy anyway......

Quality control is all important.....I love apple butter, but never make it for some reason......that sounds so good!

The height of the microwave up there would terrify me in case I pulled hot liquid over me...yes, I`ll keep mine worktop height!

You didn`t miss much with that Halloween movie last year....I came out so angry and felt so cheated!

Have a great day though.....and yes, time for all the delicious soups soon....I`m making for tomorrow (yes, won`t appeal to many) curried parsnip and apple soup. It is a very slight curry taste, but the sweetness of the apples just comes through beautifully. I`ve been simmering stock since yesterday.......lush!!

From soniam’s link…

Lol not sure if this is a good thing or noT as I’m now hungry for pizza fries :scratchin

“Truly the greatest snack of the haunt season is upon us! Pizza Fries.

Inspired by the popular snack at your favorite Halloween Horror event, this scent brings together the essence of sauce, cheese and pepperoni pizza toppings along with salted french fries.

Beware that it is a strong, savory scent, and only the bravest dare to take on this exclusively spooky-season offering.:

I do remember one soup my mum made with what you call elbow pasta, we call it macaroni.....lol....I wouldn`t eat it apparently....or so I`m told. Pasta isn`t much for me either......

Mom would make a huge pot vegetable soup...we would eat it all week. It was soooooo good....that's one of the dishes I miss.

So you wouldn't eat the soup with the macaroni in it huh? LOL

I love pasta...all kinds...I guess I'm part Italian. :D

Yay! Nice to have DH with you for trip, even if have to leave a little earlier than you, Paris. Still, a very nice picture of the lake.

Thanks for all my sister’s birthday wishes. She enjoyed our company and gifts. We had a good laugh and had lunch with her, including dessert. I stood in line for about 30 minutes to pick up three of these local, small batch, little sized cheesecakes, flavors: birthday cake, strawberry shortcake, and chocolate fudge. And even with the four of us sampling all three, there’s at least half left of each. I’m sure my sister will nibble on them the next couple of days.

And with all that eating, was not that hungry for dinner, so opened a couple of cans of chicken and rice soups, and that with crackers was our dinner. Though older one made a deli turkey sandwich too.

Nothing like a Sunday night. Calm and ready for the week days to come along. Trash cans are at the curb and no spooky like Keisha posted. Looked like fun, Keisha.

And yeah:
View attachment 614005

Sigh……
Yes, I'm happy that DH can make it:lovestruc

Sounds like a very nice bday celebration for your sister!

Ah, ok! Had something else pictured, lol!

Slept in Friday. Had a great ploughmans lunch for 1, pumpkin juice, fire whiskey, and butterbeer softserve. I must have bummed around for a bit. My local friend met me again, but for early S&S. Hill House again. We did more houses without EP. She left pretty early, and I did more houses and bought a Jack Jar and t-shirt at the Tribute Store. I also watched the Marathon of Mayhem lagoon laser show. It wasn't as good as 2019, but it was still very enjoyable.

At some point, my husband texted me that their flight had been delayed from leaving ~7:30pm to ~9:30pm. So they weren't going to get in until really late. Eventually they cancelled the flight, Southwest :( He couldn't find another SW flight to Orlando until Sunday night. They would miss our private RIP tour. He started looking for other airlines and other airports. The best option was a Saturday morning flight to Tampa, and then they drove. I was trying to balance all of my stuff, a Jack slider, and cocktail while texting/messaging between 4 other people. Luckily, the houses were relaxing:rotfl2:

They did miss the 3 house tour Saturday morning, but my other local friends joined me. The house tour was great! Love these. I was really disappointed that my husband and son didn't get to do it. However, they made it in the afternoon with plenty of time to do our RIP tour. Our 3 friends in Orlando joined us. We had a great time. Jordan was our guide. We did all of the houses and repeated some. Hit both bars. Saw the immigration room at MIB and rode it. We also rode Mummy. Got some snacks at the Tribute Store. I had an amazing run through some of the houses, particularly Hill House. It turned that house around for me. It was really a great night. I am so glad that my family got to join me, especially since it was my husband's first time.

We slept in Sunday. I only slept in until about 10:30, even though we went to bed about 2am. DH and DS slept until after noon. I have a hard time sleeping in on vacation, because I want to get going and see stuff. We did a late lunch at Finnegan's. We decided to skip S&S, since we had EP and didn't feel we needed to repeat any houses. We headed back to the room, packed up, and relaxed. We headed out about 7pm and did all of the houses again and the lagoon show. We had some food from the stands, like the turkey/butternut squash gyoza, pumpkin churro, and my husband's first pizza fries. I really wanted to get some twisted taters, since I have never had them. I think the pizza fries weren't sitting well though, and I knew that I would regret it later. So, maybe next year.

We hit IOA Monday morning at park opening for our last day. Hubby and son headed for Velocicoaster, and I headed for Hagrid's. The Hagrid's VQ never opened up, and the wait had escalated pretty quickly. So DH and DS didn't get to ride it this time. We have ridden it a lot though and will be back for Thanksgiving. We did some more rides and then ate at Confisco for the first time. We actually ate in the Navigator's Club. The lettuce wraps and pumpkin hummus were excellent. I think I might try to make the hummus sometime. We rode the Hogwart's Express to Studios and do some rides. Our phone batteries were really low after trying for the VQ all morning. My husband's cable had gone bad, so the brick battery couldn't charge his phone. I had one in the car but didn't bring it to the park.

We went to the AP lounge while it rained to figure out how they were getting home and how to get a phone cable for DH. We finally decided that they should take the AA flight from Tampa, since the SW Orlando flight was already delayed by 2 hours. DH and DS needed to be back Monday morning for work and school. I didn't have to be back, and the Tampa flight was sold out. We found out that the fuel rods come with a really short cable, so DH got one. He would need it, since they were going to have an hour and a half drive. I got dropped off at MCO about 3:30pm, but my flight wasn't supposed to leave until 8:30pm. I ended up leaving about 8:15pm, so I spent a lot of time in the airport. We all made it home though. DH and DS actually only arrived 15 minutes after me.

Just watched Carrie. Now watching the documentary. We saw No Time to Die last night. I love going to the theater. I am so glad that our numbers are dropping enough that I feel comfortable going. We have another movie next weekend, Dune, and then Eternals 2 weeks after.

I was getting stuff together for the dressy event next week and realized that my dressy sandals are messed up. The strap has gone wonky. Since they are heels, I was worried I would twist my ankle. So, I spent a ton of time on Zappos looking for something. They should arrive Tuesday. I wanted to go to Nordstrom's, but they didn't look to have much local according to their website. I hate buying dress shoes more than buying dress clothes. I might try to buy some nice earrings. I haven't been wearing them again until recently, so I didn't really like anything I had. Most of them are cheap and tarnished. I might try to find something at the mall Monday or Tuesday.
I'm sorry about the travel troubles your husband and son had. SW is not making any friends lately...
Really stinks when a vacation is just a quick getaway. Seems like you made the best of it!!

What a brilliant idea! I'll bet that does get some looks!!

That`s a lovely way to let her know about the trip...she`ll be thrilled!

I see American kitchens have that a lot, the microwave at a height above the stove......it`s not something we ever see over here. Only ever have them sitting on worktop space. We are lucky though and have more than enough....

Still looks lovely Lori and a cosy fire with a wild night outside....one of my favourite types of romantic nights in............and what a lovely surprise DH is coming after all!!!! Fantastic news......

We both said that about Culvers, everything was incredibly fresh, and honestly the rather young staff all impressed us immensely with their customer service. We don`t eat fast food generally, especially in America as there are so many other choices we love, but we would give it try again at some point.

We are loving TBBT......honestly, I haven`t laughed at a show so much in years! And more or less missing it all those years, it`s all new......I`ve always loved Sheldon though, but I do get the whole show now.

I love seeing cars with things like that......lol......

Yes, we made sure Kyle could swim at a very early age, I didn`t want him having any fear of the water. I do go in the water, well, a swimming pool and always enjoy milling around especially watching the Dive in movies at RP.

Always nice to have a night light on.......

Don`t know where Keisha`s quote went......Oh I hope she does manage to do it some more, it really does sound fabulous and she`ll be so enthusiastic.....you`ve definitely passed on the love of horror to her! She`ll be at HHN before you know it......

Oh I won`t bother looking out for that movie then.......haven`t watched that one in years!

Still too dark to really see the weather this morning.....will make the most of it while we can, they`re predicting 40-50mph winds on Thursday.....might hibernate that day! I don`t mind it breezy, but no to high gusts.

i-bBx32MK-Th.gif

cv73-S.jpg

cv80-S.jpg

Have a lovely Monday :)
Yes, DH came through....he's a good one!

Our microwave is mounted above our stove.

Chicken noodle soup sounds yummy!
Chicken and rice soup is common around here.....but rice or noodles, not both.

Happy day off to Kyle!!

Good luck with the rest of the items Son. Heels are rarely worn by me now. I gave away almost all my heels, as they are too small for little one and I know I’ll never wear again. I do have one pair of dressy ones I kept though.

Yay, you know when it’s that cooler time of year, as Pumpkin was in baking mode. Nice to have a relaxing weekend, and hope you have some dry days this week, with the rain you’ve been having.

Geeat looking pumpkin, DisneyLife. Yay, for lots of fun the last two weeks, was nice to say a quick hello to you when you arrived. Hopefully next year, we get more days to plan a get together.

And so, that up before the sun by hours, and already been back to that week day routine for some time too. Yeah, welcome to Monday. But hey, decided needed a longer weekend, as this one went by too quick. So making this weekend a three day one. Woot!

That ever Marvelous Monday homies. Middle of month, and hehe, would have liked seeing Pumpkin’s car trunk as she drove by. Yay, the horror and happy haunting month.
We have a 7 foot top hat wearing skeleton that we used to put in the front window. It had animatronics, so it moved as well. So many kids were scared of it when they came up to the house, that we finally kept it in the basement. Plus, Hatley is afraid of it too....what a baby, lol!

Good morning. I am super sleepy today. Caspian was in rare form last night and just would not settle down. It's quiet here now. I don't know where he has wandered off to.

B has given me a list of gift ideas for her birthday and Christmas. One of the things on her list is a new purse. I asked her if she has any particular style, size, color, or pattern in mind and she said no. Okay, that narrows it down to everything. I finally got her to tell me that she wants a crossbody, not to large (just need to hold phone, wallet, keys), and a cute, fun pattern. The search begins.

Soniam - Glad you had a great trip with family. I am not a big fan of dress shoes either, especially heels. I can't even remember when I last wore dress shoes.

Pumpkin - Too funny about the car.

Schumi - I mad sure NB started swim lessons at a very early age too. She has always loved water though.

DLPN - Cute pumpkin.

I am waiting for the contractor again. I hope he is able to finish up today. Friday an electrician is coming to fix some wiring problems and install new porch lights.
Vera Bradley, Kate Spade, Loungefly are a couple suggestions

Morning all...when my mother used to make homemade soup she would put a lot of elbow macaroni in it...mainly because I liked it so much. We were never big rice eaters so she didn't make it very often.

I just heard about this today...did anyone else hear about it or did I miss it? https://insidethemagic.net/2021/10/fight-breaks-out-halloween-horror-nights-ad1/
What the heck!!! I wish I could say something even nastier, but this is a kind board.
What is wrong with people???

oh, no, i feel your pain

nwahaha

Glad your Steelers won!
The Packers played enemy #1 yesterday, Da Bears!
Our neighbors across the street are Bears fans. Each rival game, we light up our team signs in the window....and then we proceed to "heckle" text back and forth during the game! All in good fun though...they're aware that Da Bears 'still suck' Haha!!

So, chicken rice soup. Ah ok. I did wonder.

Nice to relax mac.......

I was thinking of you last night with that game.....

Yes, long journey, but as you say nice to see the little one. Has she recovered from her busy weekend....although she is usually busy anyway......

Quality control is all important.....I love apple butter, but never make it for some reason......that sounds so good!

The height of the microwave up there would terrify me in case I pulled hot liquid over me...yes, I`ll keep mine worktop height!

You didn`t miss much with that Halloween movie last year....I came out so angry and felt so cheated!

Have a great day though.....and yes, time for all the delicious soups soon....I`m making for tomorrow (yes, won`t appeal to many) curried parsnip and apple soup. It is a very slight curry taste, but the sweetness of the apples just comes through beautifully. I`ve been simmering stock since yesterday.......lush!!
I'd give that soup a try! Sounds nice!

I trimmed and cut up a roast, added some good stock, cut carrots, and potatoes. Threw in some frozen peas, and later will add some fresh mushrooms. Let it simmer in the crockpot all day long... A nice hearty stew for supper tonight!!

I ordered something for my DH and his brother for Xmas back in August....They finally came in!! Geez, good thing I planned this out extra early....I'll run to the shop this afternoon to pick them up.
It's a tiny, one owner place. She doesn't ship things out, you must get it in person. She doesn't even have a computer that I saw...she wrote down all my contact information in a notebook!

Well, I better scoot! Several errands to run today!
Happy Monday!

:wave2: A quick snowy morning check in

Yup...woke up to a light dusting of the white stuff already :sad: It won't last long, but still. It will just make more of a mess than anything else. Oh well, pulled the coat out of the closet to slip on this morning, as I don't like freezing.

Working a shift tonight...so I told dh and boys they are on their own. Sounds like they are drawing straws to see who pays for supper tonight :laughing: .

YUM!!! I love a good pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. I whipped up turkey noodle last night with the left overs from turkey dinner last weekend. I also made 3 pints of stock. I still have one piece of carcass to make one more big pot of stock yet. A good bowl of chicken noodle soup makes a person feel so good.
It's great you got your long walk in today. It's great when the weather surprises us. I love those extra days of warmth and beautiful weather - before the cold sets in.
Wife’s first pumpkin for the season!
That is an awesome pumpkin!!!!!!
hehehe. She sounds like dd when I asked her what type of purse she wants. Good luck with finding the perfect one for her.
Truly the greatest snack of the haunt season is upon us! Pizza Fries.
Yum!!! Those sounds delicious.
hehehehe...it was the best 3.00 I spent at the dollar store. Dh asked if I really needed to have it hanging out....and I replied " YUP!!!" It makes people laugh. We all need more laughs right now.

Well, I should get to shuffling some papers and spreadsheet completed.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!

Mom would make a huge pot vegetable soup...we would eat it all week. It was soooooo good....that's one of the dishes I miss.

So you wouldn't eat the soup with the macaroni in it huh? LOL

I love pasta...all kinds...I guess I'm part Italian. :D

lol.....no, I was never fussy, but soup I liked as thick with no lumps, or clear like chicken noodle soup......nothing inbetween.....I know what you mean though, I miss my mum`s soup and some of her dishes too.

Yes, I'm happy that DH can make it:lovestruc

Sounds like a very nice bday celebration for your sister!

Ah, ok! Had something else pictured, lol!

I'm sorry about the travel troubles your husband and son had. SW is not making any friends lately...
Really stinks when a vacation is just a quick getaway. Seems like you made the best of it!!

Yes, DH came through....he's a good one!

Our microwave is mounted above our stove.

Chicken noodle soup sounds yummy!
Chicken and rice soup is common around here.....but rice or noodles, not both.

Happy day off to Kyle!!

We have a 7 foot top hat wearing skeleton that we used to put in the front window. It had animatronics, so it moved as well. So many kids were scared of it when they came up to the house, that we finally kept it in the basement. Plus, Hatley is afraid of it too....what a baby, lol!

Vera Bradley, Kate Spade, Loungefly are a couple suggestions

What the heck!!! I wish I could say something even nastier, but this is a kind board.
What is wrong with people???

Glad your Steelers won!
The Packers played enemy #1 yesterday, Da Bears!
Our neighbors across the street are Bears fans. Each rival game, we light up our team signs in the window....and then we proceed to "heckle" text back and forth during the game! All in good fun though...they're aware that Da Bears 'still suck' Haha!!

I'd give that soup a try! Sounds nice!

I trimmed and cut up a roast, added some good stock, cut carrots, and potatoes. Threw in some frozen peas, and later will add some fresh mushrooms. Let it simmer in the crockpot all day long... A nice hearty stew for supper tonight!!

I ordered something for my DH and his brother for Xmas back in August....They finally came in!! Geez, good thing I planned this out extra early....I'll run to the shop this afternoon to pick them up.
It's a tiny, one owner place. She doesn't ship things out, you must get it in person. She doesn't even have a computer that I saw...she wrote down all my contact information in a notebook!

Well, I better scoot! Several errands to run today!
Happy Monday!

I only ever see chicken rice soup in those dreadful cans in the grocery store......but chicken noodle made right is lush!!

I`m making the soup tomorrow, but won`t eat it till Wednesday as by the time we get back in tomorrow, I need to roast the veg off first, then cook and blend. So, Wednesday it is, always better the next day anyway.

I love stores like that, you get the best personal services from independents at the best of times.

:wave2: A quick snowy morning check in

Yup...woke up to a light dusting of the white stuff already :sad: It won't last long, but still. It will just make more of a mess than anything else. Oh well, pulled the coat out of the closet to slip on this morning, as I don't like freezing.

Working a shift tonight...so I told dh and boys they are on their own. Sounds like they are drawing straws to see who pays for supper tonight :laughing: .

YUM!!! I love a good pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. I whipped up turkey noodle last night with the left overs from turkey dinner last weekend. I also made 3 pints of stock. I still have one piece of carcass to make one more big pot of stock yet. A good bowl of chicken noodle soup makes a person feel so good.
It's great you got your long walk in today. It's great when the weather surprises us. I love those extra days of warmth and beautiful weather - before the cold sets in.

That is an awesome pumpkin!!!!!!

hehehe. She sounds like dd when I asked her what type of purse she wants. Good luck with finding the perfect one for her.

Yum!!! Those sounds delicious.

hehehehe...it was the best 3.00 I spent at the dollar store. Dh asked if I really needed to have it hanging out....and I replied " YUP!!!" It makes people laugh. We all need more laughs right now.

Well, I should get to shuffling some papers and spreadsheet completed.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!

No to snow......we are supposed to get some too, well maybe way up North, far too early.....

I love making my own stock, time consuming but so worth it. And yes, winter warming time is close. Our weather is very mixed at the best of times, but freezing one day and warmer the next is confusing! Never know what to wear for walking....I`m either really cold or boiling hot....never happy......

Hope your shift goes fast......

It slipped my mind that pumpkin lives north of me

We don’t use that word where I am
White stuff/snow is only in the areas far away from
where I live ..in my past life

You did get it bad where you used to live......I`d prefer where you are now too.....you get the best weather!

Off to bed soon......we are both yawning our heads off again.

Plan to be up and out very early tomorrow as rain is forecast mid morning, whether it turns up is entirely different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter