Something About Nothing............ #14

B111C19B-4381-494D-99C7-E02757E23480.jpeg

Yay, Mac’s dinner choice, may be at Taco Bell this Tuesday, even if it’s a fish eating night for Schumi.

Ah yes, that still up well before that sun. Not as cool as could be, as still not seeing the moon with the cloud cover. And another cloudy day we will have with that ooh shorts as high will be 70 in the afternoon. 61 out now, and our only rain chances are said to be on Saturday. So these clouds are just to make a gray looking day. But with Friday predicted to be partly cloudy and 82 the high, a nice weather warm up before the rain.

Terrific Taco Tuesday homies. Back to that routine and ever happy enjoying tea.

Good Tuesday morning Sans family :wave:

BA54A1FA-217E-4B10-80BF-A81FAECDA51D.jpeg

07B4277A-26FB-4ED0-916A-616631038337.jpeg

Tonight will be turkey tenderloins, acorn squash and the remainder of the fresh green beans. I'm planning on steak sandwiches tomorrow with peppers, mushrooms and onions (not for DH). And then slow cooking a pork shoulder for the weekend.

All your food sounds delicious. I need to come up with more options for meals.

I made your Apple Oatmeal cookies last week and they were a hit. Thank you for sharing the recipe with me Lori.

I want to say I had a wonderful time meeting up with Charade, Lynne, Robo, Sue, and Mac for dinners and park time. Everyone was so nice. I did get a chance to say hello to Dixuni and Keishashadow at their lunch which was nice. Look forward to more meet ups when peeps come to town. I finally got to see the Bourne show and The Horror Make up show. Brian and I enjoyed them and thanks to Mac we learned a lot of tips on where to sit and what to look for. It made the experience so much better.

Bobbie it was so nice meeting you too. I think it is so nice to meet up and have a nice time chatting and laughing.

We have countertops!!! Here’s a sneak peek. I’ll post full before and after pics once we get the floor done.

The counter tops are beautiful. Great choice. Your floor choice is nice too. Look forward to seeing your before and after pictures.

Kids arrived late last night. It was great that gd didn't make strange for too long. It took her a whole 2 minutes before she wanted Grammie to come play on the floor with her. She was upset when I had to leave to go to work this morning. Good thing I only have to work this morning, pick up the family from the airport and take them to their air bnb, then wait for us to all meet at the restaurant and surprise dh and kick off the weekend. Looking forward to spending time with my family not only celebrate dh's birthday, but my Mom turns 70 on the same day lol. It's turkey birthday weekend palooza!!!

What a lovely surprise for your hubby and Mom. So nice you were able to get your family together for the celebrations. Your granddaughter is cute and don’t they grow so quickly.

Busy day, has struck me that the longer one is away on vacation, the longer it takes to assimilate back into RL:sail:color me captain obvious

I have had a bit of a problem with that after this last trip. I was going to chalk it up to getting older.....not sure if that’s it or not. I had a wonderful vacation.

I need to go get ready for church. I’m taking 2 dozen mini cheesecakes in a giant pink cupcake.

That is the cutest cupcake holder.

Hi Friends!!! It's been for-evah since I last logged on. It's been a heck of a few last 19 months, huh? I am glad to report that (so far) we came through the pandemic unscathed and are all healthy and happy: Kids back in school for the 2nd full pandemic year, hubs finally allowed to return to his office in Orlando ( ok, maybe he isn't so happy about that, but...), I am back at work in person 3 days a week. We let our AP's lapse the last couple of years but they will be the "big gift" for the kids for Christmas this year so I will be on here more often looking for tips and possible meetups. Glad to "read" a lot of familiar names are still here as well!

Good to see you post again and so happy to hear your family faired well during the pandemic.

They will be over the moon with their AP Christmas gifts.

Got a lovely email from my goddaughter who had her wedding postponed last month. Her and her fiancee went to Barbados for 3 weeks and got married there!

So nice to hear they were able to get married. I know the pandemic really made a mess things for a lot of couples wedding plans. Sending wishes of joy and happiness to the newlyweds.

Buckeev hope you and your son have a great trip to Universal for HHN.

I’am sitting in my favorite spot looking out the window having my coffee this morning. Miss Muffett comes to mind, but I don’t think even a spider could scare me off my perch this morning.....LOL

Went to grandsons football game Friday. It was Senior parents night for the football team. So before the game started the Senior football players and their parents were introduced to the stadium. It was a nice little ceremony.

Thy won their football game 35 to 8.

Sadly I found out that my DIL mom passed away just before they arrived. It had been expected, but not this quick. I felt so sorry for my DIL. Loosing your mom is hard no matter how old you are.

We had a nice visit with grandson from Kentucky. He brought us some fresh eggs as they have chickens. He showed me pictures of the chicken house he built for them.
5B4B2293-47CB-4557-93DF-A6274AF699C7.jpeg
One of the eggs was huge compared to the others. I told him that chicken must have had a hard time laying that egg. He said it would be a double yolk egg and it was. He has a chicken that lays light green eggs. I told him we have a lady (Monyk) on the Disboards that shares stories about her chickens.

Granddaughter in law stamped the eggs with a chicken stamp.......LOL

132FD36C-AB5C-453F-A69C-3EB4015AF0CE.jpeg

Went to great-nephews birthday party week ago Saturday. He had such a fun time. It was such a nice celebration with family.

Grandson came over Sunday for a visit. I made Manhattan roast in the crockpot, mash potatoes and gravy, Italian green beans, caprese salad and a pineapple upside down cake. I made a lot so I could send home a meal for son and DIL to have at home.

Granddaughter also came by and had supper with us. Her hubby was busy trying out for a semi-professional soccer team. He coaches high school soccer and plays on a local soccer league team and works a regular job. He’s is busy.

I have been busy doing things in the yard. The deer had eaten all the leaves off the Hosta’s and the oak leaf hydrangeas have died back so I have been trimming them down. I like to putter around in the yard.

I watched my little great-nephew yesterday morning. He is the sweetest little fellow.

We had a quick storm pass over yesterday evening. It brought with it some cooler temps. It was 66 when I woke up this morning. Looks like it will warm up again next two days then we drop down in the upper 60’s. It had been warm here so weather correction was do.

I put some ground sirloin out to thaw for spaghetti sauce. Don’t make pasta as much anymore, but will make some this evening.

Will get some more of trip report done today then I have a few things to do in the house.

Have a Great Tuesday everyone.

Last edited:
Aww, enjoy hearing of family, Robo. Hope the coffee was good as was in your HHN mug, I expect. Sweet to watch the little guy, and all the visits. Yes, deer still around here. Was going to store near my sisters, and was not that late in the day, and ooh those deer on the side of the road are real. Glad they were too busy eating as we passed. My sister has issues with them in her gardens, as they have no fear of coming next to the house.

:wave2:Finally getting to do a stop in!!!

Was a very busy but great weekend with the whole family. It was great to visit with everyone. They live about a 12 hr drive away from us, so I don't get to see them often. I have missed out on most holidays and birthday celebrations. So it was nice to be able to spend this weekend and 2 milestone birthdays with everyone.

House seems quiet now without everyone in it - especially the littlest one. She loved her Grammie this weekend. Which is totally unusual for her...she isusually a Grandpa's girl. This weekend she didn't want to have anything to do with him. He was a little b*tt hurt :laughing: She also wasn't feeling the greatest and fighting off a cold. Typical toddler who is going to daycare - always fighting a cold and building their immune systems.

I was sad to have to go to work today. Tonight we are heading out to a local steakhouse for supper to celebrate dh's actual birthday. He opened the last of his gifts on Sunday when we were all together. He loved it...and we are in the planning stages of a longer stay in Orlando/Daytona areas. I was just planning a turn and burn long weekend trip...but now we are probably staying 7-10 days.

As projected, Covid has ramped up here. My mom is still ’enjoying’ that weekly nasal swab thanks to the (at Last count 15 more) infected/unvax employees Able to skirt the state edict, loophole based upon # of employees, each ‘hall’ in the community is classified as a separate entity.

daily infection numbers in our county back to March/April’s stats of 550 or so. Scary for the mr to come back to work and find 3 co-workers (in different departments, had no F2F contact with them at least) had died in a day or two of getting ill & being admitted to hospital. one of their wives has passed too, yes, there are minor children. informed Thursday that a handful more are now in the ICU. predictably, not a single one had vax. some good may come of it tho. Even the most hardened in their political beliefs say they are now finally considering getting the vaccine. Talk about taking the long way home.
Sigh. It's just sad to see, hear and know people who have died or have gotten so sick from it. Can we just rewind to 2018/2019 and fast-forward to 2023 to just be done with all of this already?
That's really sweet. I have something similar, but not as sweet. It's a coffee mug that has some statement about getting old on it. My father gave ot to my brother when he turned 50. My brother gave it to my BIL, who passed it on to my sister, who gave it to me. I've had it for almost 4 years. I'm the youngest, so I don't know where it will go from here.
It is a rock with the saying "50 isn't old if your a rock" :rotfl: on it. It's super cute. It will sit on the floor by my front door.
Saturday apple picking was fun too! We picked a 1/2 peck of Strawberry apples, a 1/2 peck of Snow apples, and a 1/2 peck of Macoun apples. A half gallon of apple cider juice, and a dozen apple cider donuts. And two unbaked frozen apple pies, to be made for Thanksgiving.
I'm guessing we went to the orchard hungry, lol!
'
That sounds like sooooooo much fun!!! Your food over the weekend sounded delicious.
We`ve seen the Northern Lights twice from Norway and a lesser show in Sweden some years back, very impressive to see, but even from here they can be spectacular and some local photographers capture them beautifully.
We are lucky to have northern lights dance often here. Apparently last night they were extremely active. I have seen so many pictures posted on FB that people took with their cell phones and they look like professional photos
Sadly I found out that my DIL mom passed away just before they arrived. It had been expected, but not this quick. I felt so sorry for my DIL. Loosing your mom is hard no matter how old you are.
I'm sorry to hear about that. Your right about loosing your mom. It doesn't matter how old you are, it is a profound loss. It sounds like you have a very busy weekend as well.
Yes, deer still around here. Was going to store near my sisters, and was not that late in the day, and ooh those deer on the side of the road are real. Glad they were too busy eating as we passed. My sister has issues with them in her gardens, as they have no fear of coming next to the house.
We have problem deer here as well. The city even has put screening around trees and shrubs in some of the parks to try to salvage some of them from all the deer wandering through the city. We have a small creek that runs through the city...and lots of wildlife live in and around there. It is not uncommon to see deer, fox, rabbits, even the odd coyote as well while walking the walking trails that run along the creek. I don't mind the wildlife...others not so much.

Well, I should head out a grab some lunch. Still have a few papers to shuffle today.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!!!!

Yay, Pumpkin‘s home with all the family, celebrating birthdays. Enjoy that steak dinner tonight, and hope grandkid is feeling better. Yeah, day care is where my kids built up their immune systems as well as DH and mine.

Car is done, bill paid, and both kids will be coming home in my car and older one’s. I certainly can see little one stopping for food. She was not impressed with cold pizza slices that were leftover from last night’s dinner. Was okay for me. Ooh and she’s better get some iced coffee for me, if she also stops at Starbucks, which I can see her going to that coffee shop too, on her way back home.

View attachment 612442

View attachment 612443

I made your Apple Oatmeal cookies last week and they were a hit. Thank you for sharing the recipe with me Lori.

Bobbie it was so nice meeting you too. I think it is so nice to meet up and have a nice time chatting and laughing.

The counter tops are beautiful. Great choice. Your floor choice is nice too. Look forward to seeing your before and after pictures.

What a lovely surprise for your hubby and Mom. So nice you were able to get your family together for the celebrations. Your granddaughter is cute and don’t they grow so quickly.

I have had a bit of a problem with that after this last trip. I was going to chalk it up to getting older.....not sure if that’s it or not. I had a wonderful vacation.

Good to see you post again and so happy to hear your family faired well during the pandemic.

So nice to hear they were able to get married. I know the pandemic really made a mess things for a lot of couples wedding plans. Sending wishes of joy and happiness to the newlyweds.

I’am sitting in my favorite spot looking out the window having my coffee this morning. Miss Muffett comes to mind, but I don’t think even a spider could scare me off my perch this morning.....LOL

Went to grandsons football game Friday. It was Senior parents night for the football team. So before the game started the Senior football players and their parents were introduced to the stadium. It was a nice little ceremony.

We had a nice visit with grandson from Kentucky. He brought us some fresh eggs as they have chickens. He showed me pictures of the chicken house he built for them.
View attachment 612473
One of the eggs was huge compared to the others. I told him that chicken must have had a hard time laying that egg. He said it would be a double yolk egg and it was. He has a chicken that lays light green eggs. I told him we have a lady (Monyk) on the Disboards that shares stories about her chickens.

View attachment 612463

Went to great-nephews birthday party week ago Saturday. He had such a fun time. It was such a nice celebration with family.

Grandson came over Sunday for a visit. I made Manhattan roast in the crockpot, mash potatoes and gravy, Italian green beans, caprese salad and a pineapple upside down cake. I made a lot so I could send home a meal for son and DIL to have at home.

Granddaughter also came by and had supper with us. Her hubby was busy trying out for a semi-professional soccer team. He coaches high school soccer and plays on a local soccer league team and works a regular job. He’s is busy.

I have been busy doing things in the yard. The deer had eaten all the leaves off the Hosta’s and the oak leaf hydrangeas have died back so I have been trimming them down. I like to putter around in the yard.

I watched my little great-nephew yesterday morning. He is the sweetest little fellow.

We had a quick storm pass over yesterday evening. It brought with it some cooler temps. It was 66 when I woke up this morning. Looks like it will warm up again next two days then we drop down in the upper 60’s. It had been warm here so weather correction was do.

I put some ground sirloin out to thaw for spaghetti sauce. Don’t make pasta as much anymore, but will make some this evening.

Will get some more of trip report done today then I have a few things to do in the house.

Thank you Robbie.....yes, so many plans have gone for a Burton this last 18 months and weddings have taken a hit in so many places. But, everything happens for a reason and they are so happy now.

You`ve had some lovely family time which is always special.......

Love the eggs and chicken coop.....the eggs from the farm next to us are light blue in colour at times, and yes, lots of double yolkers too. Tasiest eggs ever, will never buy store bought eggs again.

Hope you`ve had a lovely day too.

Was a very busy but great weekend with the whole family. It was great to visit with everyone. They live about a 12 hr drive away from us, so I don't get to see them often. I have missed out on most holidays and birthday celebrations. So it was nice to be able to spend this weekend and 2 milestone birthdays with everyone.

House seems quiet now without everyone in it - especially the littlest one. She loved her Grammie this weekend. Which is totally unusual for her...she isusually a Grandpa's girl. This weekend she didn't want to have anything to do with him. He was a little b*tt hurt :laughing: She also wasn't feeling the greatest and fighting off a cold. Typical toddler who is going to daycare - always fighting a cold and building their immune systems.

I was sad to have to go to work today. Tonight we are heading out to a local steakhouse for supper to celebrate dh's actual birthday. He opened the last of his gifts on Sunday when we were all together. He loved it...and we are in the planning stages of a longer stay in Orlando/Daytona areas. I was just planning a turn and burn long weekend trip...but now we are probably staying 7-10 days.

Sigh. It's just sad to see, hear and know people who have died or have gotten so sick from it. Can we just rewind to 2018/2019 and fast-forward to 2023 to just be done with all of this already?

It is a rock with the saying "50 isn't old if your a rock" :rotfl: on it. It's super cute. It will sit on the floor by my front door.
'
That sounds like sooooooo much fun!!! Your food over the weekend sounded delicious.

We are lucky to have northern lights dance often here. Apparently last night they were extremely active. I have seen so many pictures posted on FB that people took with their cell phones and they look like professional photos

I'm sorry to hear about that. Your right about loosing your mom. It doesn't matter how old you are, it is a profound loss. It sounds like you have a very busy weekend as well.

We have problem deer here as well. The city even has put screening around trees and shrubs in some of the parks to try to salvage some of them from all the deer wandering through the city. We have a small creek that runs through the city...and lots of wildlife live in and around there. It is not uncommon to see deer, fox, rabbits, even the odd coyote as well while walking the walking trails that run along the creek. I don't mind the wildlife...others not so much.

Well, I should head out a grab some lunch. Still have a few papers to shuffle today.

Family get togethers are the best, and spending time with the little one must have been wonderful. The celebrations sounded so good and you planned well.

Yes, the Northern Lights were ultra visible in places last night due to the huge solar storm hitting us......yes, some beautiful images around.

Enjoy the steakhouse tonight.

Busy day today, but all fun things which was nice.

Little colder than we thought, and did get caught in the rain just before we reached the car after our walk, but it was that drizzly stuff and not real rain.

Friend popped in for a cuppa and a chat, stayed longer than planned as she always does.

Enjoyed some beautiful sea bass for dinner and all 4 of us enjoy that, made a white wine sauce although it really is criminal to use a sauce for such a lovely fish, just had a little on the side. And enjoyed some lemon syllabub afterwards, yes everyone ate that despite grimacing at chicken piccata.

Heating is on now......getting cooler here.

Hello everyone. Slow day at work today. Nothing much to post about.

I took a survey about my stay at Sapphire Falls and got an email response back today. They say they will address the skipped housekeeping issue.

Yep, slept again like a rock.
I wish I could say that. I slept really well my first 2 nights at Universal though.

Terrific Taco Tuesday homies.
I think we might actually have tacos tonight.

Robo - You sound like you have been very busy with family. Congrats to your grandson and his team, and condolences to your DIL.

Tonight we are heading out to a local steakhouse for supper to celebrate dh's actual birthday.
Happy birthday to him.

I don't know how I missed the rock. Ok, so not quite as sweet as I originally thought.

We have our contractors coming back on Friday. Hopefully soon we will have everything finished except for the floor. DH has decided that he wants to build a storage room under our stairs. We have been referring to it as the Harry Potter room. I think that project will have to wait awhile.

lol....it doesn`t take much to put one off a dish when you`ve had a bad reaction to it....I think most folks have had that happen. I adore lemon in everything but don`t usually make main meals like that unless it`s just for me, but just felt like it tonight as we also had a glut of lemons, so will make some lemon syllabub for tomorrow too and maybe a lemon drizzle cake......and that`s why I`ll never be skinny :laughing:

We`ve seen the Northern Lights twice from Norway and a lesser show in Sweden some years back, very impressive to see, but even from here they can be spectacular and some local photographers capture them beautifully.

Hope your rain clears soon.......I did think of you earlier when our weather mentioned snow.......I did think.......shouldn`t Wisconsin get it first.......lol....that sounds so mean!!!!
We might not be first for snow, but we will get more than our fair share of it!! We average almost 50 inches each winter......plenty for me!
And that's way less that some of our Canada neighbors put up with.

High 70s into 80s here again thru the end of the week with few showers woot,

:cloud9:

Same, even in dead of winter I also crack windows in main areas of house daily for ten min or so. As my grandma said back in middle of last century, it kills the germs & ‘hardens you up’:teeth: Not one to mess with what’s worked for my family thus far Had to lol when I saw they were recommending lots of fresh air in air-tight homes during pandemic. Tough old bird was ahead of her time!
DHs grandma did the same thing. Must have worked, since she lived such a long life.

Happy Monday. Nothing much going on here today.

I asked B if she knew where she was going this weekend and she said no, but her dad told her to pack her swimsuits. I checked the weather report and then sent her this.
View attachment 612312

Ours is on most of the time too. The temps can change so drastically during the week.

Welcome back. You just missed several of us. I am already trying to figure out when I can go back.

Congratulations to the couple.

I had to look that up. We have one an hour away in Roanoke.

If you go during the end of September/beginning of October you won’t need an EP. Most of my rides were walk ons.

I need to find a local orchard. Dh loves apples but lately the ones in the store aren’t that great.

I would be happy to eat your chicken piccata. I like it as long as the lemon isn’t super strong.

I sympathize. I have gone months and even as long as a year avoiding certain foods because I got sick the last time I ate them. I still can’t eat the pico de gallo at my favorite restaurant even though I know that’s not what made me sick.

I am waiting for Dh to let me know if he will be home for dinner tonight. Usually he isn’t home until late on Mondays, but said he might come straight home from work today.
Great 80s meme!

I`d have liked your grandma!

Maybe if I tell Tom Janet does the same thing he won`t give me that "stink eye" (love that expression) when I do open the windows while the heating is on lol......

lol....haven`t seen that one before! I loved watching Columbo......

Hey....where`d you get that picture of my friend and I from back then......:rotfl:It actually could be!!! I miss high heels!!

Thank you....I can imagine how happy they are right now.

It`s not too lemony as you don`t want it to overpower the chicken, but just right. Hope you got something nice for dinner with your husband.

Even with the lights from our porch shining through our hallway, I still managed to stub a toe a little this morning from the table in the hallway! Ouch.......

Sleep well mac........

Yep, slept again like a rock. I do wake around 5.30 though....who needs an alarm! Guess I`ve had enough sleep by then.

Feel like making a quiche for lunch today, we have so many eggs left over and the next drop is due I know that.......not a fan of eating eggs for dinner so it`s only usually breakfast or baking we use them for, maybe a quiche will be nice today if I have time to make the pastry. Bacon and leek would work. I hate when I see brocolli in a quiche......bleurgh!

Walking as usual this morning, supposed to just be dull and no rain, but we`ll see.

Doing fish for dinner tonight, thinking of doing us each a sea bass if i can get them today, I`m sure I will. Thank goodness we all love fish!

Not much else going on.....getting through my new book, it`s better than I thought it would be although 4 of the women have already given up on it.....lol.....I knew they would! Greek mythology isn`t for everyone.

i-bbBBK4t-S.gif

cv5-S.jpg

cv87-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday!!!​
You're so lucky to have off the boat seafood at your doorstip!!

View attachment 612395

Yay, Mac’s dinner choice, may be at Taco Bell this Tuesday, even if it’s a fish eating night for Schumi.

Ah yes, that still up well before that sun. Not as cool as could be, as still not seeing the moon with the cloud cover. And another cloudy day we will have with that ooh shorts as high will be 70 in the afternoon. 61 out now, and our only rain chances are said to be on Saturday. So these clouds are just to make a gray looking day. But with Friday predicted to be partly cloudy and 82 the high, a nice weather warm up before the rain.

Terrific Taco Tuesday homies. Back to that routine and ever happy enjoying tea.
Never let your tea run out, lol!

View attachment 612442

View attachment 612443

View attachment 612473

View attachment 612463

You're welcome for the recipe! They really are a super cookie!

I'm very sorry for the loss of DIL mother.
My mom is a young 70, and I hope I have her for many years to come. But one never really knows....

Love the chick stamp on the egg! And yay for your grandson's football team!
Keep making those awesome memories!!

'

Sounds like your DH is having an epic birthday, with a grand meal tonight to top it all off!

Glad you'll be able to extend your Florida trip....much deserved, and long awaited...

Grammie is #1 :cheer2: It has to be your turn to be granddaughters favorite every now and again, right?

Thank you Robbie.....yes, so many plans have gone for a Burton this last 18 months and weddings have taken a hit in so many places. But, everything happens for a reason and they are so happy now.

You`ve had some lovely family time which is always special.......

Love the eggs and chicken coop.....the eggs from the farm next to us are light blue in colour at times, and yes, lots of double yolkers too. Tasiest eggs ever, will never buy store bought eggs again.

Hope you`ve had a lovely day too.

Family get togethers are the best, and spending time with the little one must have been wonderful. The celebrations sounded so good and you planned well.

Yes, the Northern Lights were ultra visible in places last night due to the huge solar storm hitting us......yes, some beautiful images around.

Enjoy the steakhouse tonight.

Busy day today, but all fun things which was nice.

Little colder than we thought, and did get caught in the rain just before we reached the car after our walk, but it was that drizzly stuff and not real rain.

Friend popped in for a cuppa and a chat, stayed longer than planned as she always does.

Enjoyed some beautiful sea bass for dinner and all 4 of us enjoy that, made a white wine sauce although it really is criminal to use a sauce for such a lovely fish, just had a little on the side. And enjoyed some lemon syllabub afterwards, yes everyone ate that despite grimacing at chicken piccata.

Heating is on now......getting cooler here.
I looked up lemon syllabub....now thats something I'd give a go!!

I took a survey about my stay at Sapphire Falls and got an email response back today. They say they will address the skipped housekeeping issue.

I wish I could say that. I slept really well my first 2 nights at Universal though.

Robo - You sound like you have been very busy with family. Congrats to your grandson and his team, and condolences to your DIL.

Happy birthday to him.

I don't know how I missed the rock. Ok, so not quite as sweet as I originally thought.

We have our contractors coming back on Friday. Hopefully soon we will have everything finished except for the floor. DH has decided that he wants to build a storage room under our stairs. We have been referring to it as the Harry Potter room. I think that project will have to wait awhile.
Wonderful that so much progress has been made on your home improvement projects!!

Dreary day, but managed to walk the dogs in between bouts of sprinkles.

Had my Pilates class, ran to the post office, picked up the dry cleaning, went to Costco, put gas in my vehicle and dropped a birthday gift off to a friend.
Lucky gal and her DH are flying to North Carolina on Thursday for a long weekend getaway and seeing
Zac Brown Band.

After being home for less than 30 minutes, got an alert that a prescription is ready at Walgreens. Isn't that how some days go? Probably just put that on tomorrows to-do list.

It's 5:05pm.....thinking of having a pre dinner cocktail or wine. Decisions, decisions!
LOL!

Hehe, I do like my tea, Paris. Sounds like a busy day, and yep, once home, not feeling like going out again. And while we do get snow where I live, I’d be more than happy to have that less than an inch total of snow Winter a few years ago, happen as the snow total for this Winter.

Quiet night, as not much of interest on the screen. Yay for a warmer, and maybe even seeing some sunny blue sky tomorrow. But now, very dark, as the cloud cover has remained even as this evening has started. At least with a cloud cover, the temps are not as cool in the overnight.

Happy birthday to him.

I hope you do get to sleep better.....I notice the more we walk the better I sleep.....but usually my sleep pattern is excellent anyway. It is horrible when you can`t sleep at all.

Love the Harry Potter room!! We opened up the area under our stairs and it`s a little sitting area, well, it has two little chairs and a lamp. It was closed off when we moved in, they used it for vacuums and things like that, but we use a cupboard in the laundry room for those things, it looks much prettier this way. But, extra storage is always ideal. You`ll be so glad to see it all finished.

We might not be first for snow, but we will get more than our fair share of it!! We average almost 50 inches each winter......plenty for me!
And that's way less that some of our Canada neighbors put up with.

DHs grandma did the same thing. Must have worked, since she lived such a long life.

Great 80s meme!

You're so lucky to have off the boat seafood at your doorstip!!

View attachment 612549
Never let your tea run out, lol!

You're welcome for the recipe! They really are a super cookie!

I'm very sorry for the loss of DIL mother.
My mom is a young 70, and I hope I have her for many years to come. But one never really knows....

Love the chick stamp on the egg! And yay for your grandson's football team!
Keep making those awesome memories!!

Sounds like your DH is having an epic birthday, with a grand meal tonight to top it all off!

Glad you'll be able to extend your Florida trip....much deserved, and long awaited...

Grammie is #1 :cheer2: It has to be your turn to be granddaughters favorite every now and again, right?

I looked up lemon syllabub....now thats something I'd give a go!!

Wonderful that so much progress has been made on your home improvement projects!!

Dreary day, but managed to walk the dogs in between bouts of sprinkles.

Had my Pilates class, ran to the post office, picked up the dry cleaning, went to Costco, put gas in my vehicle and dropped a birthday gift off to a friend.
Lucky gal and her DH are flying to North Carolina on Thursday for a long weekend getaway and seeing
Zac Brown Band.

After being home for less than 30 minutes, got an alert that a prescription is ready at Walgreens. Isn't that how some days go? Probably just put that on tomorrows to-do list.

It's 5:05pm.....thinking of having a pre dinner cocktail or wine. Decisions, decisions!
LOL!
View attachment 612559

Oh yes, you do get a lot od snow, hope it stays away for a long time yet!!

Well, the sea bass was from a fishmonger, we don`t get that off our coast, but yes, we love being able to buy the freshest of seafood so easily.

Lemon syllabub is divine!!! It`s quite creamy, so you don`t really need a lot, although it`s hard to make small portions......lol.......

Pre dinner cocktail sounds ideal Lori......or wine, doesn`t matter which......glad you are enjoying the pilates class so much!

I just booked another Disney vacation. We haven't mentioned this to B yet. I'm thinking of surprising her at Christmas. Just haven't figured out what to do yet.

Quite right too Charade....that sounds like a lovely idea and your daughter will be so surprised!

About 2 weeks till the clocks go back for us, but it`s already pitch black when I get up anyway. October is marching along now.....

Looks to be dry outside, will see what the sky looks like when it`s light, but think we`ll be ok to walk this morning, then, no idea, might be a day to catch up on some little jobs inside. And clearing older boots I no longer wear might be a good idea, we have some stuff for the charity store so they might as well get added too.

Will have a slice of toast to keep me going till we get back from walking, friends are busy today so no meeting for brunch or lunch, shame as we all wanted to get back into our Wednesday lunch routine.

And with that Wednesday is here again......almost the weekend....... ::yes::

i-xHgTXWq-S.gif

cv23-S.jpg

cv97-Th.jpg

Have a wonderful Wednesday 😁

Good Morning Schumi. Hope the weather held for a nice long walk this morning. Oh well, busy others for lunch, but I’m sure something good will be for lunch soon.

Ah yes, dark, but hey, yep, a Wednesday, so:

75B0C742-B1FB-4186-805A-F456AEC7B5ED.jpeg

Yay! The day of the week, camel’s soft colors are saying woot, warmer weekend for us, as still saying low 80’s the high on Friday. Woot, as get over this hump of a day, and yes indeed, that glorious weekend feeling is almost here.

But a repeat of a day is our weather this Wednesday. Cloudy day, with mid 70’s the high. Did put shorts on, but house feels a bit cool, so throw over my legs.

Yay for Charade booking Disney. Have a great trip as B will certainly will be excited. Nice gift. My friend has her under stairs area made for her dog, as then she can keep its bed and toys out of the way.

Ah yes, that most wonderful Wednesday homies. And yep Paris, has already started with tea. 😊

I just booked another Disney vacation. We haven't mentioned this to B yet. I'm thinking of surprising her at Christmas. Just haven't figured out what to do yet.
Awesome!!!! I'm sure B will be thrilled!

I hope you do get to sleep better.....I notice the more we walk the better I sleep.....but usually my sleep pattern is excellent anyway. It is horrible when you can`t sleep at all.

Love the Harry Potter room!! We opened up the area under our stairs and it`s a little sitting area, well, it has two little chairs and a lamp. It was closed off when we moved in, they used it for vacuums and things like that, but we use a cupboard in the laundry room for those things, it looks much prettier this way. But, extra storage is always ideal. You`ll be so glad to see it all finished.

Oh yes, you do get a lot od snow, hope it stays away for a long time yet!!

Well, the sea bass was from a fishmonger, we don`t get that off our coast, but yes, we love being able to buy the freshest of seafood so easily.

Lemon syllabub is divine!!! It`s quite creamy, so you don`t really need a lot, although it`s hard to make small portions......lol.......

Pre dinner cocktail sounds ideal Lori......or wine, doesn`t matter which......glad you are enjoying the pilates class so much!

Quite right too Charade....that sounds like a lovely idea and your daughter will be so surprised!

About 2 weeks till the clocks go back for us, but it`s already pitch black when I get up anyway. October is marching along now.....

Looks to be dry outside, will see what the sky looks like when it`s light, but think we`ll be ok to walk this morning, then, no idea, might be a day to catch up on some little jobs inside. And clearing older boots I no longer wear might be a good idea, we have some stuff for the charity store so they might as well get added too.

Will have a slice of toast to keep me going till we get back from walking, friends are busy today so no meeting for brunch or lunch, shame as we all wanted to get back into our Wednesday lunch routine.

And with that Wednesday is here again......almost the weekend....... ::yes::

i-xHgTXWq-S.gif

cv23-S.jpg

cv97-Th.jpg

Have a wonderful Wednesday 😁
I went with a cocktail....good choice I think!

The day we turn the clocks back is my least favorite day of the year. I despise how early the darkness comes...throws me into a funk

Good Morning Schumi. Hope the weather held for a nice long walk this morning. Oh well, busy others for lunch, but I’m sure something good will be for lunch soon.

Ah yes, dark, but hey, yep, a Wednesday, so:

View attachment 612660

Yay! The day of the week, camel’s soft colors are saying woot, warmer weekend for us, as still saying low 80’s the high on Friday. Woot, as get over this hump of a day, and yes indeed, that glorious weekend feeling is almost here.

But a repeat of a day is our weather this Wednesday. Cloudy day, with mid 70’s the high. Did put shorts on, but house feels a bit cool, so throw over my legs.

Yay for Charade booking Disney. Have a great trip as B will certainly will be excited. Nice gift. My friend has her under stairs area made for her dog, as then she can keep its bed and toys out of the way.

Ah yes, that most wonderful Wednesday homies. And yep Paris, has already started with tea. 😊
Good morning for a cuppa! Ha, love the word cuppa! Such a nice ring to the word.....Not sure if you can use cuppa for coffee, or only tea?

I have a 90 minute massage booked for this afternoon and I am excited!!!!!!
I'll get there early, to sit in the salt room for a bit. And after, I'll hang out in the eucalyptus shower until I just about doze off.
I hope to leave the spa feeling like jelly!!

An appropriate Wednesday camel for me, lol!

A massage sounds heavenly, Paris. I think I would use cuppa more for tea than coffee, but I do use a cup for both. Eh, I’d rather fall back in time than ahead. But starting to be that time of year, left in the dark, home in the dark.

Still gray looking out. DH once again asked if AC on. Um, no, but cool air coming through the vents. With 60’s the high predicted next week, I guess this weekend, heater will be turned on. That time of year. October is such a transition month. More cooler days than warmer, but can be everything from warmer then cooler, with days of rain, and one year, even snow that disrupted Halloween.

And so, a Wednesday it is.

Hello everyone. I am at work and bored out of my mind. It is super slow today.
Dh and B are leaving this evening, so I want to go home and get the house cleaned so I don’t have to worry about it this weekend.

We will probably use it as a coat closet. Dh has more coats and jackets than anyone else I know.

About 2 weeks till the clocks go back for us, but it`s already pitch black when I get up anyway. October is marching along now....
November 7 for us. I wish we would stop doing this.

Yay for Charade booking Disney. Have a great trip as B will certainly will be excited. Nice gift.
I’m just happy that she still wants to go to Disney at her age.

The day we turn the clocks back is my least favorite day of the year. I despise how early the darkness comes...throws me into a funk
Same here.

I have a 90 minute massage booked for this afternoon and I am excited!!!!!!
I'll get there early, to sit in the salt room for a bit. And after, I'll hang out in the eucalyptus shower until I just about doze off.
I hope to leave the spa feeling like jelly!!
Sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon.

I am watching the clock and waiting for lunch.

Never did cross off all the to-do’s yesterday. Going to concentrate on household & financial stuff today & chill in leggings & an old HHN tshirt

derm appt stretched on yesterday, wound up with 3 dings on my face. Taking great care to keep them doused in ointment & bandages to avoid dreaded scar. Have been lucky there, the expected lack of pigment issues typically fade within a year or two if I keep the sunblock applied

set up for procedure early November that requires stitches etc. mandatory at practice to use their outpatient surgical center. Glad we have great health insurance lol

spent remainder of day at body garage. Had a gentle reminder from that insurer to handle the repairs from when the idiot backed into me at WM parking lot end of July

I had gone back & forth on doing repairs. Car had subsequently passed state inspection. Thot it just needed scrapes rubbed out

nope, there’s a cracked bumper & grill. The front panelIs questionable ? they have suspicions something going on they won’t be able to verify until they rip it apart. Again, glad we have full insurance

Anything with mozza cheese and red sauce for the win!!
I 2nd that emotion!
I’d have liked your grandma!
She was a true Studda Bubba, complete with perpetual pristine white apron & a babushka. I make a mean soup or two, her’s were heavenly

I lament nobody bothered to write down her recipes
Need to Google that roast. Tried the Arkansas one with pepperchini. Not our cuppa despite enjoying the jarred peppers otherwise
DH has decided that he wants to build a storage room under our stairs.
Lol it’s the hime improvement version of Columba’s…just one more thing
Nice! When are u planning on visiting.
There always seems to be a post or two running on WDW side of boards here where people share their surprise announcements
have a 90 minute massage booked for this afternoon and I am excited!!!!!!
Aaaah enjoy
Um, no, but cool air coming through the vents. With 60’s the high predicted next week, I guess this weekend, heater will be turned on.
Still mid 70s. Will be sad to see it s finally drop down to mid 60’s. Won’t be turning that heat in anytime soon. Would like to avoid firing up the boiler for another month if possible

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter