Something About Nothing............ #14

View attachment 606345

Taco Tuesday it is. And a beautiful morning. Walked on MIB twice, and sigh, suit? Most people bad shooters. Busier even today than I expected. Left around 8:15, no need for early entry, and had a very full boat. Though this family cut in front of me to get to lower looking line, the big family in front of me didn’t have tickets, so I was taken before that family, and their first person was having issues. Haha. Karma baby.

Will be meeting up with MonyK and Robo soon.

And MonyK and I got very lucky, that early evening downpour was just as we got on the boat. Ran from boat and enjoyed a very leisurely time enjoying some food and drinks at Strong Water. By the time we said goodbye, rain gone, and easy stroll back to my room.

Sue, I’d pack comfy clothes, as been so sticky and rainy. I brought a pair of pants to wear in airport. Planes always feel a bit cool, and the AC usually cranking at the airport I go from. But always use the restroom and change to shorts, before taking that fake monorail when I arrive and go back.
great taco Tuesday pic! We went to the truck last time. Many seem to love it, but ours were terrible. Very grisly.
I always wear long pants, at the very least capris on plane. A light hoodie, and a fleece travel blanket! Lol. I’m always cold on planes. Plus this time I booked an exit row, which always seem colder. But extra leg room just incase I don’t get my free upgrade! These days with reduced flights what is flying is packed so those upgrades are not plentiful! At least I get priority seating so can book the extra legroom exit row.
Yes that Florida humidity really hits you when you step off that plane! Comfy clothes is a must!
Say hi to Monica & Robo for me.

View attachment 606353

Cosmically Averaged, silly people. LoL

And Potter for MonyK and I:
View attachment 606354

Smile!
Great pics! Don’t push the red button lol! I’m afraid I’m cosmically average! My friend I go with is such a good aim. She always beats me! On MIB, Buzz Lightyear, TSMM!
That girl on Potter looks a bit scared! Honestly every time I see my pics I wonder why they can’t find a better camera angle!

Completely overrated. I do like online shopping though whatever time of year!

I haven`t heard of Chinese lanterns for a long time here, many set them off at New Years......first time we saw them we thought we were looking at aliens.....lol....no idea what a cluster of orange lights was doing so high in the sky. Farmers are trying to ban them here due to damage to barns and animals.

Thank you so much , it was kind of you to think of us......well, we have flights booked for Nov 24th, so fingers crossed! Finally some good news for everyone wanting to see family and friends as well as vacations.

Thanks Lori....as said above, Nov 24th is our flying date for now all going well.....we cancelled our September flights before VA did as we knew we wouldnt be going months before, and we did consider cancelling the Nov flights a few weeks ago, glad we didn`t now. We even have 2 dining reservations in place......lol....never done that in my life before in Orlando.

(maybe time to start that pre trip report :scratchin)

I detest sales of any kind. I used to have a friend that would get up at 4am Boxing Day to go a chain store that started their sale at 6am, and yes she would line up. She spent a fortune on clothes and as far as I`m aware she seemed to take them all back! Seems pointless to me. No, crowds of folks fighting for stuff fills me with dread......not for me.

Enjoy pilates......I know you were unsure, but you`re giving it a good chance. Is it doing your back any good? Hope you enjoy it anyway.

Just back from an ice cream parlour in a town a little bit away from us, but a new coffee/tea room has opened in our village that we completely forgot about as it`s never really been open properly yet. It is now, so we`ll have to give it a try as sometime as they have homemade ice cream too.

We`re all full so maybe no need for dinner tonight, just snacks. Ice cream was just ok, nothing overly special, but the theme was fun.
Yay for Nov 24 booking! I love going to Universal at that time. The Christmas decorations are so pretty!
A girlfriend and I used to drive down to the US for Black Friday weekend and stay in Seattle. Some good finds at Macy’s and Nordstrom for Christmas presents but we never did anything crazy like go to stores at 3am! Just went on Sat/Sunday normal hours. It was a good excuse for a girls weekend!

We have several homemade icecream places that popped up in my town. Only one has something I can have. The Italian gelato place makes a sugar free dairy free gelato. It’s pretty good. Only 1 flavour but I’m grateful for anything!

I don’t think we’ll have time but if we can see you on Saturday we can help you get that score up!!!!!

Real happy even the oldest boy is going to be able to make this trip!!!

Remember aim high!!
any hints you have for better score will be appreciated!

Today we have blue skies. Gardener just finished our yard. Maybe 2 more cuts to go.
Have to go out and enjoy the beautiful day. And then start pulling out shorts and capris to wash and set by suitcase for packing later. Or maybe I should do that first so I can hang outside to dry. The sun is glorious today. Need to get it done cause rest of week is pretty busy.
Tomorrow is a hike with friends then dinner together. Thurs is lunch with the neighbourhood ladies, hopefully on the patio if this weather holds up. Friday is pre trip mani/pedi day! I love how she does dip nails. They survive theme parks without so much as a chip!

Got airport transportation handled! Husband is getting up in middle of night to drive me! I’ll get there by 4:00 for my 6:00am flight. Then my daughter who lives closer to Airport will pick me up. It’s our Thanksgiving and daughters BFF (my unofficial daughter) is hosting Thanksgiving this year. They’ve been friends since grade 9 and through the years our families have become friends.
So dd and fiancé will pick me up, then continue on to friends house to help her with dinner. We will arrive later. I can grab a nap and shower up before we have to leave.

Happy Taco Tuesday! I’ll be having leftover meatloaf. Made a big one last night.
Will the Universal crew be going to Bumblebee Truck?

great taco Tuesday pic! We went to the truck last time. Many seem to love it, but ours were terrible. Very grisly.
I always wear long pants, at the very least capris on plane. A light hoodie, and a fleece travel blanket! Lol. I’m always cold on planes. Plus this time I booked an exit row, which always seem colder. But extra leg room just incase I don’t get my free upgrade! These days with reduced flights what is flying is packed so those upgrades are not plentiful! At least I get priority seating so can book the extra legroom exit row.
Yes that Florida humidity really hits you when you step off that plane! Comfy clothes is a must!

Great pics! Don’t push the red button lol! I’m afraid I’m cosmically average! My friend I go with is such a good aim. She always beats me! On MIB, Buzz Lightyear, TSMM!
That girl on Potter looks a bit scared! Honestly every time I see my pics I wonder why they can’t find a better camera angle!

Yay for Nov 24 booking! I love going to Universal at that time. The Christmas decorations are so pretty!
A girlfriend and I used to drive down to the US for Black Friday weekend and stay in Seattle. Some good finds at Macy’s and Nordstrom for Christmas presents but we never did anything crazy like go to stores at 3am! Just went on Sat/Sunday normal hours. It was a good excuse for a girls weekend!

We have several homemade icecream places that popped up in my town. Only one has something I can have. The Italian gelato place makes a sugar free dairy free gelato. It’s pretty good. Only 1 flavour but I’m grateful for anything!

Today we have blue skies. Gardener just finished our yard. Maybe 2 more cuts to go.
Have to go out and enjoy the beautiful day. And then start pulling out shorts and capris to wash and set by suitcase for packing later. Or maybe I should do that first so I can hang outside to dry. The sun is glorious today. Need to get it done cause rest of week is pretty busy.
Tomorrow is a hike with friends then dinner together. Thurs is lunch with the neighbourhood ladies, hopefully on the patio if this weather holds up. Friday is pre trip mani/pedi day! I love how she does dip nails. They survive theme parks without so much as a chip!

Got airport transportation handled! Husband is getting up in middle of night to drive me! I’ll get there by 4:00 for my 6:00am flight. Then my daughter who lives closer to Airport will pick me up. It’s our Thanksgiving and daughters BFF (my unofficial daughter) is hosting Thanksgiving this year. They’ve been friends since grade 9 and through the years our families have become friends.
So dd and fiancé will pick me up, then continue on to friends house to help her with dinner. We will arrive later. I can grab a nap and shower up before we have to leave.

Happy Taco Tuesday! I’ll be having leftover meatloaf. Made a big one last night.

Hit high targets like crazy including windows, shoot the blinking lights on top of opposite ride car, and push the red button.

Lynne I meant next Saturday

Completely overrated. I do like online shopping though whatever time of year!

I haven`t heard of Chinese lanterns for a long time here, many set them off at New Years......first time we saw them we thought we were looking at aliens.....lol....no idea what a cluster of orange lights was doing so high in the sky. Farmers are trying to ban them here due to damage to barns and animals.

Thank you so much , it was kind of you to think of us......well, we have flights booked for Nov 24th, so fingers crossed! Finally some good news for everyone wanting to see family and friends as well as vacations.

Thanks Lori....as said above, Nov 24th is our flying date for now all going well.....we cancelled our September flights before VA did as we knew we wouldnt be going months before, and we did consider cancelling the Nov flights a few weeks ago, glad we didn`t now. We even have 2 dining reservations in place......lol....never done that in my life before in Orlando.

(maybe time to start that pre trip report :scratchin)

I detest sales of any kind. I used to have a friend that would get up at 4am Boxing Day to go a chain store that started their sale at 6am, and yes she would line up. She spent a fortune on clothes and as far as I`m aware she seemed to take them all back! Seems pointless to me. No, crowds of folks fighting for stuff fills me with dread......not for me.

Enjoy pilates......I know you were unsure, but you`re giving it a good chance. Is it doing your back any good? Hope you enjoy it anyway.

Just back from an ice cream parlour in a town a little bit away from us, but a new coffee/tea room has opened in our village that we completely forgot about as it`s never really been open properly yet. It is now, so we`ll have to give it a try as sometime as they have homemade ice cream too.

We`re all full so maybe no need for dinner tonight, just snacks. Ice cream was just ok, nothing overly special, but the theme was fun.
Oh yes, start the TR up again!!

I took a Pilates cardio class this morning. Like it, and signed up for next week again!

Sounds like a fun and busy pre-trip week! Enjoy it all!

View attachment 606447

Current mood. Going to head out for lunch. It's warmed up, but was another chilly morning. Oh well, the season change. I can roll with it...but you will hear me complain.

Have a great day everyone!!!! Stay safe. I can't wait to see more pictures!!!!
Oh goodness! We've all had those kind of days!!
Hope the tacos and tequila helps!!

Selfie:
View attachment 606461

And dragon picture never gets old:
View attachment 606463

Just have to have fun with that mummy, even if snake is blocking me. LoL
View attachment 606464
The fun continues!

Just got back from a Target run....always dangerous to the wallet, lol!
I bought 2 bags of candy for Halloween, since they were on sale. As if!! They will not make it to next week, much less until Halloween, LOL!!!
DH has the sweet tooth in the house. I will admit to nibbling on the fun size treats occasionally...

Spaghetti and meatballs will be for supper tonight. My friend gave me a jar of sauce that her DH canned from tomatoes and herbs in their garden. Really looking forward to trying it!!

My mom used to can a variety of foods when I was a kid. I've never done it myself. But the taste always seems to be worth the labor!

I took a Pilates cardio class this morning. Like it, and signed up for next week again!

I bought 2 bags of candy for Halloween, since they were on sale. As if!! They will not make it to next week, much less until Halloween, LOL!!!
DH has the sweet tooth in the house. I will admit to nibbling on the fun size treats occasionally...
I used to do a core intensive yoga class that I loved, but the instructor moved away:sad: I have been doing some other intensive flow yoga classes off and on over the last 2 years. The covid stages around here have led me to temporarily stop, since it's indoors in a small little room with very little ventilation and the heater running and no mask required. Hoping to start up again soon. Still not the same as the first instructor though.

I bought our Halloween candy all at once and said that was all I was going to buy. Then I stick it in bags at the very top of the pantry, step stool required, so that no one remembers what it is until Halloween:rotfl:

3D1A4891-054A-45A0-A636-0F7D9787401A.jpeg

Dar Arts show is back. Still a very sticky evening, with rain earlier in the day, as cut my pool time just around 5 this afternoon, and by the time I left for Islands around 6:30, the pool was still closed.

Hope all are good this Tuesday evening.

I’m in pre trip mode, doing everything but that I should be doing to get ready for the trip.
The funeral on Sunday was simple and lovely. The gun salute and folding of the US flag were touching and appropriate.
glad to hear it went well
After the service, we went to the lake house for a few hours. It was a relaxing sort of afternoon. And this pup has relaxation as a middle name!
he has chillin down to an art form!
And speaking of buying dog gifts.....this little guy turned 15 years old today!! Yes, he's getting 2 new toys and an extra special birthday meal tonight!
Barney is my little buddy and I love him dearly
what a cutie pie. Looks pretty spry for a senior. give him a (gentle) hug from me.
Now just waiting on a confirmed date.
talk about out the blue! :dogdance: :cloud9::car:So happy for you, has been ages
And more good news, looks like Kyle will be back in the office soon. He`s off on a weeks vacation this week, but his boss sent him an email......he is so looking forward to getting back. And we get our office back.......lol.......
good for him. Funny, my youngest DS still loves working from home now.
Are you kidding me? Dad started shooting because he was asked to transport presents:eek: There are no words.
so true, you can’t make that stuff up. That fireball not in an awful neighborhood, it was the riff-raff that rented it for the baby shower that brought that chaos to that quiet little neighborhood.
Several years ago I established a family anti-Black Friday event. We try to find fun things to do that are not shopping.
say it ain’t so lol. Shopping is my sport. Even tho I now travel that day instead of shopping B&M. Online shopping is easier Anyway, let’s just say my phone gets a workout that day

I also avoid Black Friday shopping. There is no gift/item I'll get up at 3am for and stand in a crazy line....
lol i was of the same mind then…

I was suddenly a single mom with a deadbeat ex. Thank you BF for affording me the opportunity to still have some decent gifts under the tree For my boys who surely deserved them after dealing with all a divorce can entail.
maybe time to start that pre trip report :scratchin)
Of course it is!
I detest sales of any kind.
see above. I’m still of the mind unless it’s a staple, if it’s not on sale, I’ll bide my time lol. habits die hard with me.
it literally smacks you upside the head hauling luggage across road into the parking garage ugh
Got airport transportation handled!
ooh, the price “is” right. Lucky you. i extended my trip, the boys are coming home as originally planned. Accordingly, we are taking 2 vehicles to airport parking. My flight arrives at an odd time, all will be at work. Actually, cheaper to just pay to park it than Uber as it’s so far from home. Go figure.
Current mood. Going to head out for lunch.
lol I’ve seen some scary places in Mexico Along with lots of federales with semi machine guns. like your sentiment, think I’d head for a different country tho. Now I’ll be musing that one over the rest of the night :)
took a Pilates cardio class this morning. Like it, and signed up for next week again!
nice, that’s quite a work out. Have you tried cross fit?
bought our Halloween candy all at once and said that was all I was going to buy.
I’m so late, haven’t gotten a thing yet. Last few years I make sure to buy only candy the Mr won’t eat. He has a problem, he can quit anytime no he can’t lol That way I have a fighting chance it will still be there by the big day.

Oh yes, start the TR up again!!

Sounds like a fun and busy pre-trip week! Enjoy it all!

Oh goodness! We've all had those kind of days!!
Hope the tacos and tequila helps!!

The fun continues!

Spaghetti and meatballs will be for supper tonight. My friend gave me a jar of sauce that her DH canned from tomatoes and herbs in their garden. Really looking forward to trying it!!

My mom used to can a variety of foods when I was a kid. I've never done it myself. But the taste always seems to be worth the labor!

lol....I need to come up with an appropriate name for this one as it`s been almost 2 years......or maybe not, who cares what it`s called!

I`d love to can some food sometime, but apart from making preserved lemons a couple of times for cooking, I`ve never done it.

As we don`t have folks up here round for Halloween, we very rarely buy any except we do have kids Halloween parties in the village or church hall so we buy for them and it all goes in together. But, again, this year it`s not happening which is a shame, really no excuses this year.

Glad you`re enjoying the pilates! I owe you an email too...... ::yes::

I’m in pre trip mode, doing everything but that I should be doing to get ready for the trip.

what a cutie pie. Looks pretty spry for a senior. give him a (gentle) hug from me.

talk about out the blue! :dogdance: :cloud9::car:So happy for you, has been ages

so true, you can’t make that stuff up. That fireball not in an awful neighborhood, it was the riff-raff that rented it for the baby shower that brought that chaos to that quiet little neighborhood.

say it ain’t so lol. Shopping is my sport. Even tho I now travel that day instead of shopping B&M. Online shopping is easier Anyway, let’s just say my phone gets a workout that day

I was suddenly a single mom with a deadbeat ex. Thank you BF for affording me the opportunity to still have some decent gifts under the tree For my boys who surely deserved them after dealing with all a divorce can entail.

Of course it is!

see above. I’m still of the mind unless it’s a staple, if it’s not on sale, I’ll bide my time lol. habits die hard with me.

it literally smacks you upside the head hauling luggage across road into the parking garage ugh

ooh, the price “is” right. Lucky you. i extended my trip, the boys are coming home as originally planned. Accordingly, we are taking 2 vehicles to airport parking. My flight arrives at an odd time, all will be at work. Actually, cheaper to just pay to park it than Uber as it’s so far from home. Go figure.

lol I’ve seen some scary places in Mexico Along with lots of federales with semi machine guns. like your sentiment, think I’d head for a different country tho. Now I’ll be musing that one over the rest of the night :)

I’m so late, haven’t gotten a thing yet. Last few years I make sure to buy only candy the Mr won’t eat. He has a problem, he can quit anytime no he can’t lol That way I have a fighting chance it will still be there by the big day.

I hate crowds Janet and some of those sales crowds terrify me!! I`m a wimp.....lol.....but not bad if you can pick things up in sales. Over here the sale stuff always seems to be the stuff no one wants, except in rare occasions when it is a genuine sale, but very few things that make it worth it.

Yes, it`s been a long time coming......still fully prepared for something to be a last minute hitch of course.....again, these are things if I can`t change it, I won`t worry about it but planning is in motion now....think I told you we already have two dining reservations at The Palm and Eddie V`s, never been heard of me making them so far out!

Rental car and travel insurance today........😱

Beautiful moon last night, till the cloud came in of course, so summer being officially over yesterday, I guess this is autumn now. Love it.

Still summery today we`re told, which could mean anything. Sun is just coming up now but hopefully another nice one.

Tom mumbled I was rambling in my sleep last night, he couldn`t make out much that made any sense (how unusual) but I did mention planes, so I guess I know where my mind is right now!

Booking an airport hotel for the night before our flight proved to be difficult, we got one though but our usual one for the last few years has some terrible reviews and the restaurant we like there is closed and the bar isn`t open as normal. Other one attached to the airport isn`t taking reservations yet as they still seem to be a quarantine/essential travel only place still. Other ones we won`t consider staying in, so we got one we hope is ok. It`s for one night.

Muffins for breakfast and some fruit, got some of those candy floss flavour grapes yesterday, will try not to devour the lot!

i-Hxs394t-S.gif

cv16-S.jpg

cv13-S.jpg

Happy Wednesday

Lovely to see the trip photos. Keep them coming!

Charade it sounds like you are really doing well with your renovations. It will be so good to be finished for Thanksgiving.

We have another beautiful morning here. Kev keeps saying he will continue with the outdoor work while it’s so nice but he ha a contractor round yesterday to quote for digging out the driveway as time is moving on and we now have a delivery date for the caravan just 5 weeks away.

Yesterday I took delivery of a new bed for J. So all his room needs tidying and sorting today. It looks really nice but is a super strength bed for people who “stim” or need to bounce. Hoping it will last longer. He was away last night but we prepared him for the change.

Kev and I have dentist appointments first thing so we will get that over with then be another busy day.

Need to think what to have for a quick meal tonight as the girls have to be out for Brownies.

Hope everyone has a good day.

I must have been really tired last night. I wrote a post but forgot to actually post it. Here it is now and I'm going to try to go back to sleep.

Good evening. Super slow day at work today. I don't know what I am going to do tomorrow. I don't even have any reminder calls to make.

We had some major panic at our house today. I have mentioned that dh takes a martial arts class 3 nights a week. Before class he always removes his jewelry. Last night he took off his watch and rings and put them in a pocket in his cargo vest. This morning when he went to put them back on the watch was there, but not the rings. He has his wedding band and his class ring he bought after getting the Ph.D. We looked everywhere but couldn't find them. He was in a major panic. The class ring can be easily replaced, but the wedding band had belonged to his father. He eventually got in touch with one of the studio owners (who is in quarantine) who contacted the other owner. The other owner went to the studio and thankfully found the rings. I think he is going to be a little more careful with his stuff now.

Walked on MIB twice, and sigh, suit? Most people bad shooters.
I am a terrible shooter. If you ever want to feel good about your score just ride with me.

Several years ago, we were at UO HHN timeframe, during the daytime only. DD and I are chickens too!
Another recruit for the chicken club.

we have flights booked for Nov 24th, so fingers crossed!
Cool. You can be here in time for Thanksgiving.

No candy for us this year. We haven't been handing out candy for the past few years because we only get a few kids each year. We are also going to be out of town on Halloween this year.

Dar Arts show is back.
I have not seen that one yet.

I worked in retail for several years. After working many Black Fridays I want nothing to do with them now.

Since I posted earlier about the Chinese lanter festival, this can be tonight's night light. 9077FF70-B37C-4624-99AB-A2D0F7B36310.jpeg

I used to do a core intensive yoga class that I loved, but the instructor moved away:sad: I have been doing some other intensive flow yoga classes off and on over the last 2 years. The covid stages around here have led me to temporarily stop, since it's indoors in a small little room with very little ventilation and the heater running and no mask required. Hoping to start up again soon. Still not the same as the first instructor though.

I bought our Halloween candy all at once and said that was all I was going to buy. Then I stick it in bags at the very top of the pantry, step stool required, so that no one remembers what it is until Halloween:rotfl:
There is a studio nearby that does yoga. Might give that a try too!

Of course it is!

Barney is quite fit for 15 years old. He's losing his hearing, but listening was never his strong suit, so it's not a huge difference really <lol!!
I will give him that hug...thanks!!

I didn't mean to dump on BF...it's just not for me. And in your past situation, it was completely understandable. Seems like your current DH was worth the wait:lovestruc

lol....I need to come up with an appropriate name for this one as it`s been almost 2 years......or maybe not, who cares what it`s called!

I`d love to can some food sometime, but apart from making preserved lemons a couple of times for cooking, I`ve never done it.

As we don`t have folks up here round for Halloween, we very rarely buy any except we do have kids Halloween parties in the village or church hall so we buy for them and it all goes in together. But, again, this year it`s not happening which is a shame, really no excuses this year.

Glad you`re enjoying the pilates! I owe you an email too...... ::yes::

I hate crowds Janet and some of those sales crowds terrify me!! I`m a wimp.....lol.....but not bad if you can pick things up in sales. Over here the sale stuff always seems to be the stuff no one wants, except in rare occasions when it is a genuine sale, but very few things that make it worth it.

Yes, it`s been a long time coming......still fully prepared for something to be a last minute hitch of course.....again, these are things if I can`t change it, I won`t worry about it but planning is in motion now....think I told you we already have two dining reservations at The Palm and Eddie V`s, never been heard of me making them so far out!

Rental car and travel insurance today........😱

Beautiful moon last night, till the cloud came in of course, so summer being officially over yesterday, I guess this is autumn now. Love it.

Still summery today we`re told, which could mean anything. Sun is just coming up now but hopefully another nice one.

Tom mumbled I was rambling in my sleep last night, he couldn`t make out much that made any sense (how unusual) but I did mention planes, so I guess I know where my mind is right now!

Booking an airport hotel for the night before our flight proved to be difficult, we got one though but our usual one for the last few years has some terrible reviews and the restaurant we like there is closed and the bar isn`t open as normal. Other one attached to the airport isn`t taking reservations yet as they still seem to be a quarantine/essential travel only place still. Other ones we won`t consider staying in, so we got one we hope is ok. It`s for one night.

Muffins for breakfast and some fruit, got some of those candy floss flavour grapes yesterday, will try not to devour the lot!

i-Hxs394t-S.gif

cv16-S.jpg

cv13-S.jpg

Happy Wednesday

Magic 8 Ball says there will be no hitches this time Carole!!!

Lovely to see the trip photos. Keep them coming!

Charade it sounds like you are really doing well with your renovations. It will be so good to be finished for Thanksgiving.

We have another beautiful morning here. Kev keeps saying he will continue with the outdoor work while it’s so nice but he ha a contractor round yesterday to quote for digging out the driveway as time is moving on and we now have a delivery date for the caravan just 5 weeks away.

Yesterday I took delivery of a new bed for J. So all his room needs tidying and sorting today. It looks really nice but is a super strength bed for people who “stim” or need to bounce. Hoping it will last longer. He was away last night but we prepared him for the change.

Kev and I have dentist appointments first thing so we will get that over with then be another busy day.

Need to think what to have for a quick meal tonight as the girls have to be out for Brownies.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Sounds very busy and productive at Real's house!! Hope J likes his new bed!

I must have been really tired last night. I wrote a post but forgot to actually post it. Here it is now and I'm going to try to go back to sleep.

Good evening. Super slow day at work today. I don't know what I am going to do tomorrow. I don't even have any reminder calls to make.

We had some major panic at our house today. I have mentioned that dh takes a martial arts class 3 nights a week. Before class he always removes his jewelry. Last night he took off his watch and rings and put them in a pocket in his cargo vest. This morning when he went to put them back on the watch was there, but not the rings. He has his wedding band and his class ring he bought after getting the Ph.D. We looked everywhere but couldn't find them. He was in a major panic. The class ring can be easily replaced, but the wedding band had belonged to his father. He eventually got in touch with one of the studio owners (who is in quarantine) who contacted the other owner. The other owner went to the studio and thankfully found the rings. I think he is going to be a little more careful with his stuff now.

I am a terrible shooter. If you ever want to feel good about your score just ride with me.

Another recruit for the chicken club.

Cool. You can be here in time for Thanksgiving.

No candy for us this year. We haven't been handing out candy for the past few years because we only get a few kids each year. We are also going to be out of town on Halloween this year.

I have not seen that one yet.

I worked in retail for several years. After working many Black Fridays I want nothing to do with them now.

Since I posted earlier about the Chinese lanter festival, this can be tonight's night light. View attachment 606498
Glad the rings were found...I'm sure he'd be crushed to lose them permanently.

Beautiful light!!

View attachment 606564

Well not quite a 🐪, but a yellow guy none the less, to wish all a wonderful Wednesday.

Cloudy start, but sun now coming out. Such a warm start still, with rain chances this afternoon, so poncho in my bag just in case.
Well, when in Rome....lol!

Miss Hatley is at the vet for a dental cleaning. I'll pick her up later this afternoon. She's only been under anesthesia once when she was 'fixed' as a puppy. Hoping it all goes well!

We had 80 degrees on Sunday, and it's 56 outside currently. That is such cliche weather for Wisconsin...and appropriate that it's the first day of Fall too!!

Thinking some sort of chicken for supper tonight. Just need some inspiration for the prep. Also have some gnocchi I'd like to use. Maybe Italian style?

Happy Wednesday!! This week seems to be going by quickly!

:wave2: Quick morning stop in before paper shuffling happens.

Last dh and I decided to get another booster shot for covid. With travel restrictions lifting and proof of vaccination needing to be provided - dh and I have received both shots. BUT, they are mixed dosing. We had one shot of AZ and one shot of Pfizer. Due to supply, the whole mess of expiry dates and reactions to the AZ. The WHO and probably the CDC don't recognize that mixed vaccinations as " fully vaccinated" :confused3 I don't want to be turned away at any point because we were only able to get mixed doses at first. Luckily our province allows those who received a mixed dose or need another booster because your immunocompromised.

I had hoped to go for a walk last night, since we had an absolutely beautiful day yesterday, but it rained last night. I'll have to mention to dh that it might be time to invest in a membership to our city rec center that has an awesome fitness room and walking track. With the cold weather setting is already, I have a feeling we are in for a long cold winter. I will need to find a place to be able to keep up my walking.

:banana: You will get it all ready in time!!!! I'm so excited for all of you who are getting ready to leave or already on your trips!!!!
:banana::banana: :banana: :cheer2: Three dancing bananas and some poms for you!!!! Sooooooooooooo exciting. You have patiently waited to be able to travel. It's TIME!!!!!!!
It is so great that items like this - that are such a much needed item - are more readily available for people to buy. I am glad you found one, and have prepared him for the changes. He is lucky he has family around him to help navigate the world in ways that he needs ( if that makes sense) Sending you alll lots of hugs for all the little daily challenges you all face.
I'm glad he found his rings. I'm sure he was relieved.
We had 80 degrees on Sunday, and it's 56 outside currently. That is such cliche weather for Wisconsin...and appropriate that it's the first day of Fall too!!
That seems to be the going theme around here too. One day is glorious, the next is cold, windy and gross. I know you'll enjoy all the warm days you get.

Well, I should get to shuffling some papers.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter