Something About Nothing............ #14

@Sue M I wish I was evacuating to WDW, or a Universal resort, but no, just a little farther away in town away from the east side of 95 / beaches. I could if I could afford it though. While for people who pay hundreds to thousands of dollars it wouldn't be paradise, but as someone who's ridden these out before, it seems like the place to be.

I will need luck today. So, crossing my fingers! Today, is the last day before before the weekend / Dorian coming, due to the change of the track a lot of people are going to panic and call for greeting changes and call forwards for their businesses, medical facilities, police / fire depts, not including the people who do not have to worry about that and will make last minute calls to change something for Labor Day on Monday for their facilities / companies.

Hugs to all of you in Dorian's path. Stay safe!

We have rain here in the midwest, and I'm looking forward to hanging out at home with a book.

We had back to school events almost every night this week. Then on Wednesday I was helping my youngest in the garage, tripped over a broom and face planted the garage floor. Cut my lip and did some damage to one of my teeth. Had to call the dentist for an emergency visit on Thursday afternoon. I'm legit afraid of the dentist. he's a really great guy who has tirelessly worked with me to make me comfortable but I doubt I'll ever be able to walk into his office and not be nervous. DH was wonderful, I texted him I was leaving work and how nervous i was. I was sitting in the dentists chair talking to him and I feel someone take my hand. He had left work to come sit with me and hold my hand! :love: There's a reason we'll celebrate 20 years married this October.

Dentist didn't feel the damage was permanent, and that i got off lucky. Soft foods for the next few weeks.

Whatever you do, Dix, stay safe. Along the coast is not where you want to be, when the storm arrives. Hopefully, that storm goes more out to sea then expected.

Ooh, so sunny out, so wash hung out. Waiting for older one to come home, and I think DH will be around too, soon. He tends to work a shorter Friday.

Oh Bethany10, hugs. That is scary. Hope your mouth feels better soon, and teeth back to good with harder food. Nice your DH was able to be with you.

@Sue M I wish I was evacuating to WDW, or a Universal resort, but no, just a little farther away in town away from the east side of 95 / beaches. I could if I could afford it though. While for people who pay hundreds to thousands of dollars it wouldn't be paradise, but as someone who's ridden these out before, it seems like the place to be.

I will need luck today. So, crossing my fingers! Today, is the last day before before the weekend / Dorian coming, due to the change of the track a lot of people are going to panic and call for greeting changes and call forwards for their businesses, medical facilities, police / fire depts, not including the people who do not have to worry about that and will make last minute calls to change something for Labor Day on Monday for their facilities / companies.
Sending you lots of luck today. Agree, I wouldn’t want to be on the east side of 95 either.
Worried for my mom, and cousins who live down south in Coral Springs area and Coconut Creek. With new path hitting WPB, they’re a little too close for comfort.

Good morning everyone. I was going post yesterday, but by the time I got home from work I didn't feel like doing much of anything. The boss was off yesterday which gave me the opportunity to finish some things that really needed to get done. I spent a lot of time working on one therapist's, I'll call him therapist N, files. He only has a few clients, but his files were such a mess. This therapist is really nice, but I sometimes wonder how he ties his own shoes in the morning.
This morning I slept in a little and just finished paying bills. The bills from my medical procedure back in July are rolling in, and I haven't even gotten the big one from the hospital. Later today I'm taking my car for an oil change. Such an exciting day off.

Had a quiet day at work today. Put on youtube videos on Disney and Universal and shredded paper!!!! Such a hard day lol.
There is something kind of therapeutic about shredding paper. I filled the shredder bin twice yesterday.

Besides, considering all the stories I heard of Disney resorts (I never heard many stories of Universal resorts) of what they do during a hurricane, it sounds like a lot of fun compared to being at home. If I had to be anywhere during a hurricane it would be at one of those resorts if I could afford it.
If I had to get stuck in a hurricane, I think Disney would be the best place to be. I wish we had thought to evacuate to Orlando when we lived in Miami and experienced hurricanes.

Liv is waiting for a friend to come by for a few hours. Most of her friends from high school are doing local colleges so she can still see them.
So nice that her friends are still close by. Most of B's friends have scattered across the state, and a few out of state.

There are a few people I could not get stuck with for a few days!:laughing:
This is why I never vacation with family other than dh and B. My sister once wanted to come to Disney with us. I'm not sure how well I would have survived that trip.

We are supposed to fly in to MCO on Tuesday evening........the airlines are waiting till there is more definite news......sensible decision. If we arrive a few days later......so be it.....we’ll still get there. I’m more worried about friends over there.
Do you have stops in other cities before Orlando?

We have fall like weather where it is warm, low humidity, and sunny clear blue sky.
Sounds wonderful.

Been in parks since 7:30 just had best character breakfast at the plaza. Lost count of the ‘mostly rare’ characters. Slow, fig most in SWGE. Capt hook snuck up behind me, almost had heart attack lol

View attachment 430741View attachment 430742View attachment 430743View attachment 430744
Great pictures. I have never seen Captain Hook or Fairy Godmother any of the times I have been to Disney parks.

FiL is taking his step dd and kids to Disney next month and innocently asked “did something new open at Disney today?
That is too funny.

Nice that there will be some older one and me time today. He has one morning class, then free for the rest of the day. Usually, both kids are in school, and while I enjoy some alone time, little one is more the company I get, then older one. So nice that older one has already said, he would like to go with me in my errand running. Lots of sales this holiday weekend, and with men at home, grocery shopping will be one of the errands today.
Enjoy your day together. Do they have school Monday? B's school doesn't take Labor Day as a holiday, so I will have the day to myself.

I wish I was evacuating to WDW, or a Universal resort, but no, just a little farther away in town away from the east side of 95 / beaches.
I used to live just west of I95 in Pompano Beach. I was really nervous when we had our first hurricane. One of my coworkers kept telling me that I would be fine because I lived "west" ( was less then 10 miles from the coast). Finally I asked her if the hurricane knew it was supposed to stop at 95. Thankfully we were just west enough that we didn't ge much impact.

Then on Wednesday I was helping my youngest in the garage, tripped over a broom and face planted the garage floor. Cut my lip and did some damage to one of my teeth. Had to call the dentist for an emergency visit on Thursday afternoon. I'm legit afraid of the dentist. he's a really great guy who has tirelessly worked with me to make me comfortable but I doubt I'll ever be able to walk into his office and not be nervous. DH was wonderful, I texted him I was leaving work and how nervous i was. I was sitting in the dentists chair talking to him and I feel someone take my hand. He had left work to come sit with me and hold my hand! :love: There's a reason we'll celebrate 20 years married this October.
Ouch, Bethany. Hope the damage isn't too bad. your husband sounds like a keeper.

I think I will take an early lunch and maybe clean out my car. It's not bad, but could use a vacuum.

I hope all of you who are in or headed to Florida stay safe from the storm. I will be checking on the friends I have there.

Morning Sans family :wave2:

Happy 18th birthday to Lynne’s daughter

14B8429A-16CC-41DE-BDFB-2C5F06580585.gif

E164376D-8439-476F-8E7F-AADD8CBB172F.gif

Happy Birthday to Keisha’s granddaughter

3E677309-CBDA-4F32-A2CB-C6212850EED4.gif

ADE18794-820D-4B79-9A11-71163E73258F.gif

16 days to go, almost time to pack!

Wow....you start thinking of packing way ahead of your vacation. I usually have a good general idea about what I’am taking and pack the day or night before.,

Friend popping in for lunch as her office is in next town.......she thinks I don`t know she`s coming to check I`m going to Bath & Body and bringing back stuff for several friends.......we play this game every trip......lol......I love my friends, but they`re so obvious at times!!!!

That so funny.......she is making sure to get her order in before you leave.

Not much else going on today......hair tomorrow morning.......cannot wait to get that done!!!!

It’s always nice to have all the beauty treatments taken care of before a long trip.

Then on Wednesday I was helping my youngest in the garage, tripped over a broom and face planted the garage floor. Cut my lip and did some damage to one of my teeth. Had to call the dentist for an emergency visit on Thursday afternoon. I'm legit afraid of the dentist. he's a really great guy who has tirelessly worked with me to make me comfortable but I doubt I'll ever be able to walk into his office and not be nervous. DH was wonderful, I texted him I was leaving work and how nervous i was. I was sitting in the dentists chair talking to him and I feel someone take my hand. He had left work to come sit with me and hold my hand! :love: There's a reason we'll celebrate 20 years married this October.

Sorry to hear of your fall and injury. Hope all goes well and your dental issue gets better and your lip heals quick.....sounds like your husband is a sweet guy.

Disxumi glad to hear you have a place to go not far from your home...all the big hotels have good generators to keep things up and running. Praying for you and your families safety.

I’am presently at my home in Indiana right now. We are very fortunate to not be at our home in Florida right now. Have been in contact with the guy who watches our house for us while we are away. Storm shutters are going up. I’am more concerned for my elderly neighbors across the street. Everyone who’s homes are in the path of this monster storm can rebuild if needed, but you cannot replace a lost life.

There are so many uncertainties, but everyone is taking the needed precautions I have been told. I have an older sister who lives east of Orlando proper and they are prepared as best they can be.

I’am praying for all our friends and families safety as we continue to await the news of the path of this storm. I pray it turns back out to sea and everyone is ok.

Worried for my mom, and cousins who live down south in Coral Springs area and Coconut Creek. With new path hitting WPB, they’re a little too close for comfort.

Prayers for your mom and family Sue......if their area gets the order to evacuate....tell them to go.

Schumi, no! Not packing quite yet, just thinking about it! I will start next week though. I like to take everything out I think I’ll take! Sort thru and hopefully put some back! I wash everything so everything is fresh. Then I’ll start packing. About a week before. It’s a process, lol!
I roll and use the packing cubes. Love them. I ordered 2 sets on Amazon. Makes unpacking so easy. Just take cubes out and put in draws. Then pop them back in luggage when it’s time to leave.

Will have to look at icecream makers again! Sounds fun.

I love Wendy’s burgers. It’s the only fast food I indulge in. Can’t stand McD, Burger King, etc. They all give me heartburn. And the Frostys are so good. Thick milkshakes. It’s my guilty pleasure! I only go maybe 2-3 times a year.

Any news on flights yet? On my Airline site they’ve posted for travel 9/1 & 9/2 they are offering free changes or cancellations.

Lynne enjoy your day with older one. Bacon breakfast yum! We’re having oatmeal. But bacon tomorrow. Reminds me to bring some out of the freezer!

Bethany oh no! That sounds awful, but glad damage isn’t permanent. Soft foods sounds like an excuse for milkshakes to me lol!

Charade oh no, yet another therapist to baby sit! What’s with these Therapists? Sounds like none of them can organize themselves!

I hear you on vacation with some other people. If I had to vacation with my MIL I’d have to keep well lubricated lol. :drinking1

In WDW I see Fairy God Mother around MK. At DL had a funny experience with Hook. My friends cell phone case was Hook. He saw it and came right over to her madly gesturing, it took her a moment for the penny to drop, we were all laughing.

That’s funny about hurricane stopping at i95! You must have been near my moms old condo. She lived in Coconut Creek very close to the Turnpike exit. But wasn’t far from Atlantic. I used to go down Atlantic lots toward 95. She was in Wynmoor. Now she’s in assisted living in Coral Springs. Glad it’s further inland. But still worried.

Weather here turning overcast. Sunday looks like the worst day. Today sun is supposed to appear in the afternoon.
Have my last morning office shift at the church office today. Hopefully next week won’t be as busy.

Tomorrow night bro in law coming for dinner. I believe burgers have been requested!
Our visiting family should be back sometime this weekend. They are off on adventures touring Vancouver Isl.
I think they have one day back here before they fly home. We’re thinking of all going out to a local Chinese restaurant for their last dinner.

Robo, glad to hear you’re not in Florida! Hopefully the neighbours will all look after the elderly neighbour. I haven’t heard anything about evacuating for my mom. She lives in an assisted living facility and I know she gets the best of care. She’s further away from the coast. I did send them an email asking to keep me informed.

Coffee finished. Time to tackle the day!

Last edited:

I wish I was evacuating to WDW, or a Universal resort, but no, just a little farther away in town away from the east side of 95 / beaches. I could if I could afford it though. While for people who pay hundreds to thousands of dollars it wouldn't be paradise, but as someone who's ridden these out before, it seems like the place to be.
I have never come close to experiencing anything like that...and honestly I don't know if I would want to. This is when I'm glad I live where the air hurts my face when it's -40 and my biggest worry if having to run from a building to a vehicle to another building. I don't like storms to begin with ...so this would not be fun for me at all!!!! I'm glad you have a safe place to go. Stay Safe...and hopefully the aftermath is not too bad.
Sue...sending lots of positive thoughts for their safety. I know I would be worrying also.

Last edited:
Sue - This is where I lived when we had our first hurricane. http://www.cfhgroup.com/islandclub/?utm_source=GMBlisting&utm_medium=organic

Then we lived here for 4 years. https://www.apartments.com/napoli-gardens-coral-springs-fl/t5bmlrc/

It used to be an apartment complex called Coral Club. I think it’s condos now.
Yup I know both those areas, when mom had her Wynmoor condo on Coconut Creek Pkwy & Lyons I used to go to the Walmart on Atlantic, and to get on 95.
When mom moved to the assisted living in Coral Springs I used to stay at The Courtyard on Atlantic & University. Now I prefer to stay in Deerfield Beach and commute!

To all those in the hurricane path, sending good thoughts and praying all are safe, and no damage to homes.

Who knew so many want lunch out? Waiting for food, and salad for me.

Weather is gorgeous and got two of three errands ran.

Yay, food here. Later.

Charade, both kids colleges are closed for Labor Day. Why little one is coming home Sunday, and leaving Monday.

@Pumpkin1172 Thanks for the wishes, sometimes I wish I was up north where it sounds like you are. I love the cold weather, but I'm sure like a lot of people up north get sick of it.

@Charade67 Yeah, a little west of 95 is actually where we're staying, which is better than being East of 95, especially when you're closer to the beach on that end. Glad it worked out for you and I'm sure you're glad to no longer deal with Miami heat, or hurricanes.

@Robo56 We stayed at the hotel last time and we went out, but not nearly as long as we'd been at home (we kept track of the house and it was out for six days). So, little time is better than that long of a time. Things might be different since it'll take awhile for it to pass, but crossing my fingers! I'm glad your place seems safe down here, I'm sure the couple will be fine. They got each other and probably have experienced this a lot.

@Sue M While your family seems to be in the path, but I'm sure your family is going to be a-okay. I'm assuming they're staying in and not evacuating?

@Lynne G Mmm... Food, that reminds me... Lunch time. Haha.

Charade, no we only ever do direct flights. Never wanted to make the journey longer just to save a few bucks.......almost 10 hours plus the hours before at the airport are long enough......I agree, never considered going to Florida or anywhere with family......although my sister and brothers have never asked either.....nope vacations are for just us......

Sue, I’ve always been a last minute packer......I did try once to pack early, ended up unpacking to check what was there......so, day before is plenty of time.......

Robo.....glad you’re up in Indiana.....I thought you were still there......hope the home in Florida is ok. Hope your sister is ok too......such a worry for them.

We have had a beautiful and warm day, but now clouds are rolling in and a little rain is hanging around.....

Had lovely lunch with friend, went on a little longer than planned.....but she’s the boss so that’s ok........she did get her order for Bath & Body in though......it’s a short list!

Quiet night tonight........up early for hair appointment tomorrow......nice way to spend 3 hours!

Schumi ~ Hope all goes well with your flight schedule.

Pumpkin ~ Yes, fresh sheets are the best! ((hugs)) on the upcoming weekend.

Lynne ~ Happy belated Birthday to your baby! Glad dorm life is going well for her.

Squirlz ~ Oh my goodness, what a cutie!

Keisha ~ Looks like you guys are having a fabulous time!

Bethany ~ Ouch! I am also terrified of the dentist. So sweet of your DH to show up and sit with you!

I suppose I need to also schedule a hair appointment before our trip. I always do that but this one is sneaking up on me. Since this will be our first trip without the kiddos (celebrating our 25th), I suppose I should at least put forth the effort to look nice, lol.

Trying to get back into the fall schedule here and it has been crazy. Our eldest just started her 1st year at MTSU & she is working there as well. I am grateful that she decided to stay home instead of moving into the dorms, but since her car is not running at the moment, dorm life might have been a better option. Our middlest has been promoted to shift leader at her job and is also dual enrolling at the local community college, so her schedule is busy….and she doesn’t drive yet. Luckily, our youngest decided he wanted to take a season off from playing baseball. I am not sure I could handle driving his sisters everywhere AND handling ballgames and practices. We also have a side business that is completely booked for the next few months. I think we are just figuring out how to get through day by day at the moment. And since we didn’t have enough going, we decided to get a puppy. Thinking we must thrive on crazy around here!!

One of my favorite things today was while in the Disney forums of people talking about Hurricane Dorian (and not thinking it's that serious, or being oblivious) was someone wrote about how they have to move their dates and how it's going to be impossible to get FOP FPs now.

I didn't say anything, but suddenly someone wrote along the lines of, "You're worried about your FPs!?!?!?!?!?!?!" It's a good thing I was working from home, because that made me laugh way too loudly. The stares I would have gotten in the office.

Kind of bored this evening. Got the oil changed in the car and then took 2 shirts to alterations to see if she can fix the holes the cat put in them. Dh is watching the Motortrend channel. Ugh, how many car restoration shows do we need?

I just read that the Orlando International airport will be stopping flights as of 2 a.m. Monday.

OIA is closing commercial flights 2 am Monday
It’s on Twitter

I haven’t read back to see if this was already posted

I’m in a small town and went to pick up a carry out over an hour ago

What normally takes me 5 minutes, took 30

41 (Dixie highway) was packed, bumper to bumper.
It wasn’t until I got back home I realized peeps are traveling north out of Florida

House, I so remember having to be at 2 places at once, and the continuing mom taxi. Yep, kids, no matter how old. Nice to see ya post.

Mom, what’s for dinner. Um, I have to get up, I suppose.

Scary for those that will be in the hurricane. Let us hope it stays more and more out to sea. And yes, fully expected the airport to close in the wee hours of Monday. No need to risk any plane or people in landing and taking off in high winds.

I will never forget, a flight on a commercial plane, and I knew we were in trouble, as we were flying so much lower than the pilot let on. The stewards were so scared, they were in their seats right from the start of the flight. As we came in for the landing, there were fire trucks, police and ambulances on the tarmac. Seems when we successfully landed, we had very icy wings. When we exited the plane, we had heard a sister flight had just crashed in the nearby airport.

Yeah Mac. The I need to get out now, combined with normal Friday evening traffic, and more traffic and those out and about.

Hmm, maybe that should be me, Have to ask what in mood for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter