Something About Nothing............ #14

We all do seem to be busy bees! A lot of different plans seem to be coming up for us.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, @Lynne G. It's always hard going back to work. Try to stay warm!

Today, I got a surprise. One of my co-workers announced yesterday prior to leaving she was not going to be in today, so I thought I was going to be on my own for work. However, they got someone to cover her which is good. I hope today is a slow day, or at least non-complicated day.

Hope all the homies have a good Taco Tuesday!

View attachment 444144 Clear and colder feeling commute. Dark as could be, as car kept putting the high beams on. Frisky, 50 decree start. And cool enough inside, thinking sweater over my lighter sweater is needed. And tea. Hot tea.

Ooh, and View attachment 444145 yeah, but at least that means, View attachment 444147 ::yes::
Finally, since it is a Tuesday, Mac should be doing a Taco Bell run, or two. Yep, Taco Tuesday is here.

View attachment 444157 Indeed, sound a cheer, eat a taco or three today. Make it a wonderful one too. And hopefully having a warmer day than mine.

Schumi's weather certainly supports the use of the kitchen, to make and bake such lush meals. Hope Kyle got home quick enough for a warmer winter style meal. Oh I hear yea, warn kitchens are so nice when it's cool and cold out. Same with more winter kinds of meals. And a hehe, yesterday, older one asked if I has coordinated with my Dsis as to the date for our holiday baking week-end. Um, no, that's in December. Yeah, I guess I'd better soon enough, though she's in birthday mode, with her birthday on Friday. See, she has a friend in FLA, who's present is a round trip ticket for a 5 day week-end to visit her. So, I won't be asking until later next week.

Ooh, Schumi's got a December countdown, Dix has an October one, single digit no less, and I've got a January one. And a yay, paid that January cruise in the Gulf off, as I was enjoying this FLA one. WOOT to more travels for all the homies.

That includes Squilz doing that KW style. Hope you are still enjoying that island fun.

Follow on. Good Morning and Good Afternoon to you all.

It was dark as midnight when Kyle left for work this morning.....he did leave a little earlier than usual, but even so.....winter is upon us.

Been raining all day......that drizzly stuff that soaks you...but we still had a walk into the village...….I agree, baking and cooking on a winters day is lovely, and very relaxing.

Yes Lynne, it`s nice having a countdown...….this autumn has been dreary so far, apart from a few nicer days here and there.....

Beef cooked in Guinness tonight…...I hate Guinness...hate the smell and taste, but cook diced beef in it and it`s gorgeous......especially done in the Aga or slow cooker.....melt in the mouth. Along side mashed potatoes...…..yep, winter warming dish!!!

Enjoy some hot tea Lynne....and hope you feel much better now....

:wave2: Hello Everyone!!!!

It's been a busy weekend here...and it was a long weekend to boot. It was our Thanksgiving weekend. I picked up a couple of shifts at the second job and worked both Sat and Sunday. Saturday was the hubby's birthday. So I worked my shift, picked up the last of the items for our turkey dinner ( which we had on Sunday ) got my turkey into the brine to turn into even better yummy goodness, made desserts for the birthday boy ( a blueberry cheese cake and pumpkin pie...both his favorites ) then we went to go have a quick meal out and then went to go see Joker. It was a busy day!!!! lol. The movie...honestly...I didn't care for it. Not my type of movie...but it makes a person think about those who fall through the cracks and don't get the help they need. But he is a weird actor to begin with...and it was just a weird movie. Maybe because it is not the type of movie I enjoy.

Sunday was just as busy...got my turkey stuffed and ready for before my shift. The dh and boys had to just turn it on and baste it a bit while I was working. Came home,,,put on the potatoes and veggies. It was probably the bestest turkey I have made yet! When the boys are nodding their heads while stuffing their mouths...you know it was good :laughing: Cleaned up the dishes, and picked up a few things around the house.

Yesterday...thank goodness I had the day off. Took the dh to the airport as he is just outside Atlanta for work this week. So it was a nice relaxing day yesterday. It was snowing a bit in the morning...which turned to rain later in the day. It has warmed up a bit again...but that snow is in the forecast for late next week again. So I started reorganizing my spare room closet...figured out what I needed to get it more organized...and ran over my lunch today to pick up a few items. Now to go home tonight and see how those work...then do a little more arranging.

Schumi your weather sounds like ours. It was nice to just cook my turkey this weekend. We love a good turkey supper and I probably make it at least once every 2 months.

Lynne...I'm glad you had a wonderful trip and I hope that your on the mend. Those travel colds are hard on the system to get over.

Disxuni...it sounds like you had an awesome little weekend get away! And your count down is almost done for your cruise!!!!!

Squirlz...I love KW. I want to go back SOOOO BAD. There is just something about it. I enjoyed our cruise stop there...and now I want to go back. Enjoy your trip there!!!

Charade...I love those lazy days. We usually have football and Nascar on the tv on Sundays. We are redneck enough to love Nascar. I hope to get to a race one day soon.

Well everyone else I missed...have a great day :wave2:

Hey Pumpkin.......

I love the sound of your weekend!!! And some of my favourite dishes too.......love turkey........blueberry cheesecake......pumpkin pie........lush!!! And a belated Happy Birthday to your husband........sounds like a perfect weekend......

We won’t watch the Joker movie......I know what you mean.

Your weather doesn’t sound like fun at all.....yes, pretty miserable here and won’t get much better I’d guess. Love a good afternoon organising closets and drawers........glad you had a lovely weekend.........

Dinner was beautiful........very warming indeed. Now, watching some tv....Kyle has gone out swimming tonight, nearest swimming pool is quite a drive away, but they like it.

Won’t be late in bed tonight.......been yawning my head off all night as I’ve had a couple of strong pain relief tablets, as I have a bit of toothache......will call dentist in the morning.......

Hope it’s been a good Tuesday.........

Glad to hear from you @Pumpkin1172! It sounds like you might have had a very busy, but good weekend. It's always good to spend time with family. Glad your boys seem to enjoy the grub! It's also nice to hear you eventually had your day off.

A swim sounds nice right about now @schumigirl. Hope you get some good rest.

For me been a busy bee at work. I finally caught up with emails and have less of an hour of work. So, now it's just what pours in afterward and any calls that continue to come in.

I decided spur of the moment to book a night at Cabana Bay the day after my birthday. No park day, as my friend that's going would be unable to afford to go, but just an enjoy the resort and chillax. To be honest, I never done anything like that before and always wanted to, so it'll be nice. The few times I have stayed on property it's always go, go, go. Also, never been to Cabana and I've been wanting to go since it opened. It will be the first hotel staying at other than the HRH. While I checked out RP while visiting @macraven and it was amazing, I never technically stayed anywhere else.

Last edited:
Nope, us too. My comic loving older one has said, not interested in the new Joker movie, and neither am I. In fact, lately, there has not been much we want to see in the movies.

Thank you all for the well wishes, I am feeling better, just a cough here and there and a sore nose.

Steak on grill dinner, yay! I am sure to cover the grill when cool though. Rainy rainy Wednesday is predicted, with the heaviest to be during the going home commute. Inches falling before we dry out on Thursday. Only good thing I can say, is my car is dirty, hope the rain acts like a car washer. And ooh, high on Thursday to be 50. Hello jacket and sweater. Brr.

Happy Tuesday All,

Hope everyone's week has started off well. I had off yesterday for Columbus day but DH and DS did not so nice day at home, minus the morning doctor's appt.

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to my northern neighbors. Looks like there was some delicious meals have been prepared recently. No cooking for me last night. Was going to do chicken wings but did not take them out of the freezer in time so I will hold those til tomorrow. Instead we went to a Mexican restaurant close to home. Not my favorite but it is close and DH and DS like it. Not cooking tonight either. Have meeting with my children's hospital fundraising group. It is always potluck so I will just run by the Chinese place and pick up a couple of quarts of beef and broccoli to share. Works out for me since I am low carb.

Have a great evening everyone!

@Lynne G, definitely ditto over here in regards of the Joker movie. There doesn't seem to be much going on in the movie verse. Going to see Maleficent with the girls I'm going on the cruise with right before we go. I want to go since spending quality time is always fun with friends, but for the movie, I'm on the fence about it. I'm interested in what they're going to do, but at the same time it seems like two steps back. Very conflicted.

@cam757 I've been craving wings for some time and the mention of wings makes me want them even more. :laughing: I usually have to go out to get them. I wish I can make them myself, but I can't. My mom is allergic to poultry and the smell of fried chicken she can't handle in the house.

In a little bit I'm about to get off work, so I'll probably post next time in the AM. I should try to pack...

I hope everyone had a good day and everyone has a good night!

Yeah, Dix. I saw the first one, and are not a fan of Ms. Jolie. So not impressed with the trailers for the second one, so I may wait to see it when it is free to see.

Yay, so tasty, grilled steaks and they cut like butter. Medium rare, my favorite cooked level. Grilled corn cobs, cut off the corn, and mixed with cut in small pieces of fresh tomatoes. Then made a nice pot of mashed, with the remained of the taters I had. Hoping some is left over, but DH is not home yet, and I am sure the first words out of his mouth will be what was for dinner?

Awesome weekend and yum food served for your holiday, Pumpkin.

Evening Cam, yep, Chinese food always good to bring to a pot luck. Hope the wings are lush tomorrow. Like BBQ wings. Slightly hot tasting too.

Glad you are almost done work, Dix. Hope you have a peaceful night.

No swimming for me Disxuni....it was Kyle, I can’t swim.

Cam......chinese for a pot luck is always popular! And sounds like a very good cause you are fundraising for.......hope you do well.

Lynne......glad you’re feeling better......it does take some time to get over these things......sounds like we have similar weather right now.....

Yes, a rainy Wednesday ahead.......won’t be doing much today as I did get an emergency dental appointment for later this morning.......I have a tooth right at the back that’s been bothering me back and forward.....it’s now loose and sore when I eat anything.......even mango.......so hopefully they’ll whip it out. Not looking forward to it though as the old gag reflex is a nightmare when dealing with the back of the mouth!

Hope it’s over quickly.........

Have a great Wednesday all........

444522 Yes, a Wednesday is here.

Ooh, Schumi. I hope that tooth issue gets fixed pronto, and you are not in pain. Hope your dentist visit goes fast, too. Sending good thoughts.

Yep, a soaking rain to fall today, more than 2 inches before the clock strikes 12 midnight. Will be a messy commute coming home. Right now, dark as can be still. Again, car turned high beams on. So dark and almost muggy out. 52, so a bit warmer start, but cool enough inside, I still have my jacket on. Windows were foggy from the dew, so had the blaster on, to clear. Was annoying for a bit, before windows cleared.

So, homies, gets over this hump of the day, and we get to see another Friday come upon us. Dix will certainly be smiling when this Friday comes. Woot!

Time for lots of tea. And a cleaning out office day. Wee, I've got a good handle on it, but will be tossing more and consolidating other. Did bring a box to put all pen and pencil bits in. Don't want them rolling around in a bigger box, with other stuff.

Follow on. And Rock this Wednesday!

Thanks Lynne.......hope you get something nice for lunch today........

Tooth out, X-Ray was fine as it was a newer machine and much easier......tooth came out easily thankfully.

Now no eating for 3 hours or so, and guess who’s starving.......yep, I had breakfast so early this morning!

Tom just went to get me some Cornish creamy Custard......cold and no chewing involved! And tasty.........will count the time till I can have it!

Wednesday...this week seems to be dragging and flying at the same time. Meeting went well last night. Lots of fun events planned. The hospital is building a new pediatric mental health wing so that is what our funds will be earmarked for this year. Beef and broccoli was a hit. I was able to keep a little to the side for my lunch today, which works out since it is rainy today so I don't have to go out. Buffalo wings with homemade blue cheese dressing for dinner, glad I took my prilosec this morning. :tongue:

Yay, so tasty, grilled steaks and they cut like butter. Medium rare, my favorite cooked level. Grilled corn cobs, cut off the corn, and mixed with cut in small pieces of fresh tomatoes. Then made a nice pot of mashed, with the remained of the taters I had. Hoping some is left over, but DH is not home yet, and I am sure the first words out of his mouth will be what was for dinner?

Sounds delish!!! Nothing like a good steak off the grill!

Tooth out, X-Ray was fine as it was a newer machine and much easier......tooth came out easily thankfully.

Glad it was an easy pull. Hope you are feeling better soon. Enjoy the custard in the meantime.

Have a great day!:sunny:

Nice your meeting went well, and great you are helping such a good cause, Cam. Enjoy those buffalo wings. Goes good with blue cheese. I am not fond of blue cheese, so I don't use it when I do bbq flavored wings. Ranch dressing is what I usually have. Yep, steak on the grill is yummy, and so easy to clean up. I use aluminum foil, that I spray with Pam, and they cook perfectly. Learned from a cooking show, how many minutes on each side, and don't touch or turn over, until the time has gone by. Makes lovely just perfectly a bit crusty, and I only use salt and pepper. No matter, all was eaten last night. Thinking chicken or chipped beef sandwiches for dinner tonight. With the rain and wind coming, not thinking of stepping out tonight either. Saying with us so dry these last days, flooding is a chance, when over 2 inches are expected. Then 30 mph winds to follow. With the weather giving us the chance of rain the rest of the week, good thing is, while cool today and tomorrow, high 60's after tomorrow's high of 50. Yeah, sweater on, cool inside, and jacket will be worn at least today, and surely tomorrow.

Wednesday...this week seems to be dragging and flying at the same time. Meeting went well last night. Lots of fun events planned. The hospital is building a new pediatric mental health wing so that is what our funds will be earmarked for this year. Beef and broccoli was a hit. I was able to keep a little to the side for my lunch today, which works out since it is rainy today so I don't have to go out. Buffalo wings with homemade blue cheese dressing for dinner, glad I took my prilosec this morning. :tongue:

Sounds delish!!! Nothing like a good steak off the grill!

Glad it was an easy pull. Hope you are feeling better soon. Enjoy the custard in the meantime.

Have a great day!:sunny:

Thanks so much......custard was lovely. Strong painkillers are wonderful!

What a wonderful thing to fundraiser for.

I love honey mustard with wings......don’t like blue cheese or ranch.....at could eat some wings right now! Spicy ones though.......

Laid along sofa watching tv........

Bomb Cyclone over us, with lowest pressure we have seen so far. Would be a Nor’Eastern one, but given the name as coming from the SW. Either way, glad not snow. Winds are going to feel like a 1 hurricane level. Still may see tree branches, trash cans, etc. airborne tonight. Noisy rain. Means time for dinner.

Hope all are doing well tonight.

Quick pop in-Wow Lynne that sounds like a storm!
Been sick with a horrible cold past two weeks-in the breaking up and cough all the time stage now.
DD is 17 today-dashed in door after school and promptly to bathroom-yep sick -so birthday celebration on hold. Gave her benedryl and she's zonked out now - hope she is better tomorrow.

Glad the tooth was taken care of Schumi! Reminds me need to make dental appointments soon.
Cam-fundraising for a pedi mental health wing is fantastic! My husband and I are involved with our local Sertoma clubs that do fundraising for local children's charities.

Thinking bed soon....

Oh Schumi...I hope that your not in too much pain. I HATE the dentist. Just thinking of going makes me anxious and want to run and hide. It is not something I willing do. I hope your not down for too long
Buffalo wings with homemade blue cheese dressing for dinner, glad I took my prilosec this morning. :tongue:
Yum,,,,except the blue cheese...not a fan. But I do love to have some good chicken wings and maybe a beer or a glass of sangria with them. Now I want to have wings!!!!!
Ranch dressing is what I usually have
Lynne...I'm a ranch fan too. Your way of making steaks sounds delicious.
I do hope that the storm you have is not too bad and that your morning commute is smooth sailing.
Been sick with a horrible cold past two weeks-in the breaking up and cough all the time stage now.
DD is 17 today-dashed in door after school and promptly to bathroom-yep sick -so birthday celebration on hold.

Monyk...I sure hope your on the mend soon. That does NOT sound pleasant. Those chest colds can be hard to get rid of. I hope that both you and your daughter get better soon.

Had a quiet and uneventful evening. Not much energy to do much. A phone call to my mom, hear about all the going on around there. Chatted with the dh. He is enjoying the Atlanta weather. He and his co-worker he went with rented a convertable mustang....and today the weather was warm enough for them to put the top down :cool: :car: I can just picture the two of them cruising around :laughing: He of course is rubbing it in about the warmer weather and all the good food he is eating. He sure does love his business trips down there.

The youngest ds was sick during the night last night and part of today. He seems to be better now...and holding down some food. I whipped up some chicken noodle soup for him...and made some grilled cheese sammies to go along with it for the other ds. Not a gourmet meal...but it will hopefully help the youngest to feel better.

Well... I should head to bed soon. Hopefully the weather forecast is correct for tomorrow...and it will be a nice warm day again. Today turned better in the late afternoon...the sun finally peeked out and the clouds disappeared. So hoping tomorrow is a nice sunny day. I'm needing a nice sunny day again. It does my soul good.

Good night everyone :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter