Something About Nothing............ #14

Yep, that’s the longest I really like it.......I’m just glad it straightens really well now!

Has your son finished college now Lynne? I’m so sorry I forget whether he has or not, but sounds like you’re getting your daughter sorted for next Autumn.

Enjoy that tea!!

Got our bacon......and yes, a few other items we can squeeze into the chest freezer!

No bacon for lunch as we had some for breakfast, but it looks lovely. Split it into portions and will have some on the weekend.

Rain supposed to be heading our way later.......we did plan to grill out tonight as long as it’s dry, but rain May stop play.

Spicy pork on kebab skewers for lunch and some home made potato salad.......Kyle just wants a turkey sandwich......simple!

No plans due to weather later........

I have a few minutes before I have to get to work.

As much as I love sunny weather the humidity is just not my friend.
I agree. Humidity and my hair do not get along.

Trying to get back on the program. 2 day of treadmill in a row, though I blew it with homemade mashed taters. Carbs just taste too good. Indulging in another guilty pleasure.
Carbs are my downfall too. Why do they have to taste so good?

received notice my drivers license has to be renewed this month and they are still closed
Are they offering any online options?

So, this is the after picture.....just over 3 inches inches off and about 25lbs of the stuff she thinned!!

It`s still quite long, but much easier to handle.....didn`t take me almost half an hour to straighten this morning!
Looks great. I can never get my hair that straight.

Charade, great news mom is going home. Hope all are feeling better. Good we decided to keep little one home, at least for the Fall semester. First, while I think it is better to be with other kids, and have that college experience, to pay for her to do her online classes about a 1/2 hour train ride away, does not make financial sense. And, even if we did, it would only be for until Thanksgiving break, then all online and classes and dorms closed, for the rest of the term, and finals. Lastly, last time she looked at her classes a few days ago,, as before when she checked a few weeks ago, only one class said would be in person, now, all are listed as an online class. Hope B stays safe when your DH and her return to school for the Fall session.
I think the plan right now is to resume regular classes with restrictions in place. B is no happy about wearing a mask to class, but will have to adapt. Like other universities, they will dismiss at Thanksgiving and go online until finals are over.

My morning just took a turn. Many of you may remember that back before Christmas I mentioned one of our clients who had been diagnosed with kidney cancer for the second time. (She had already lost one kidney.) I got to work this morning to discover that she passed away yesterday. I’m sitting here trying not to cry. I didn’t know her really well, but always enjoyed talking to her when she came in. She was a really sweet lady.

:hug: Aww, hugs Charade, such sad news. Terrible to hear, and sympathy to her family and friends, and those who knew her.

Schumi, almost, older one is in his last year of college. Yes, for one more year, I have 2 college kids. Funny, my DH asked when I would retire, as he is 5 years older than me, and thinking he would work less than 10 more years. I told him, when kids are done school. And with little one highly thinking of post graduate study, I am on the 10 year plan. Maybe a year or two earlier, but thinking almost 40 years working at where I do, is enough. It will be 29 years this Fall.

So bright out. Sunny day. Lunchtime walk will be quick, as no sweating for me, and ooh, sunglasses and suntan lotion, as I am so fair, no red for me. And I would burn, with this sunny Summer day.

@Lynne G studying is tough for them with all the changes. My (adult) daughter has been studying - retraining in teaching and has really missed her lectures at uni - all online and Zoom etc hasn’t filled the emotional need but she’s battled on.

@macraven up and out today Mac. Paperwork and closed offices etc has caused us no end of issues over recent months. Feel for people here who were unable to register births. We were able to do deaths online and phone which was actually easier than attending the register office in area of death.

@schumigirl we love proper butchers. I go to one at a farm a few miles away and a local one in the next village - both excellent. Haircut looks good. I’ve had mine chopped very short - grandson said it’s too short!

Had a memory bear made for Mum and just had a call that my one for Dad is ready for collection. So pleased with him. Dad was always a shirt and tie man and had a great collection of caps!

Attachments

• 96C1DEC8-4E6B-4142-ADDE-C98085724424.jpeg
    96C1DEC8-4E6B-4142-ADDE-C98085724424.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 5
That’s a very nice memory bear!
And very thoughtful of you making it.

All’s good here, just another hot humid day
Having ac and staying inside works for me!

Lynne, yes many can renew their DL during the closing of the DL stations but my email stated I have to do the written test before I can renew mine.

Plain crazy..

Charade, hugs
It’s a bit of a shock when one of the patients you know pass.

Hope all are having a good day and I’ll be back here later to catch up more on all the posts.

Such a great looking memory bear, Real. You are talented.

Ack, Mac, I guess because of your age? Luckily, no requirement here. My mom renewed hers at 89 years old, no written test needed. Hope you get an extension, as I am sure yours expiring is not the other one.

Walk was nice, as beautiful sunny day. Though was almost too warm.

Decided I have to clean out my bureau drawers, as looked in them, and realized, not wearing much in there, so off they go. And added some of my mom’s things to the top. Including a small picture I always liked. Got a plate holder to put it on. Guess I need to look at my closet again, and do more pruning of it. Our local resale shops are open for donations now. Summer cleaning I guess. Kids did most of their closet cleaning months ago. Told DH, since I am going to drop off, check his closet. I bet he has some to donate too. Always good to refresh.

A what for dinner. Meatballs and pasta was the request last night. And so it was. Maybe chicken tenders with mashed, and peppers. Don’t have broccoli right now, I think we ate it all the other day. Peppers with chicken sounds like all will eat, so my plan I guess.

Hope Mac enjoys her Taco Bell dinner today.

@Lynne G we had chicken stir fry with Singapore noodles. Just us two tonight as grandchildren with their father and daughter eating with a friend. I’m getting too fond of “nursery” meals to suit the children so try and do hubs favourites when they are away!

Nice, and yum, Real. We tend to chicken many meals as it’s one food little one will eat, and easy to make lots if different meals with it. I have potatoes to use up, and since noodles yesterday, mashed or baked will be our carb/ starch.

Yoo Hoo, Keisha, your dinners are always lush. Schumi’s are too. Then there’s McK, with good meals as well. Ooh, so fun to talk and see food posts.

My morning just took a turn. Many of you may remember that back before Christmas I mentioned one of our clients who had been diagnosed with kidney cancer for the second time. (She had already lost one kidney.) I got to work this morning to discover that she passed away yesterday. I’m sitting here trying not to cry. I didn’t know her really well, but always enjoyed talking to her when she came in. She was a really sweet lady.

Sad news Charade. Never nice to hear of anyone passing.

:hug: Aww, hugs Charade, such sad news. Terrible to hear, and sympathy to her family and friends, and those who knew her.

Schumi, almost, older one is in his last year of college. Yes, for one more year, I have 2 college kids. Funny, my DH asked when I would retire, as he is 5 years older than me, and thinking he would work less than 10 more years. I told him, when kids are done school. And with little one highly thinking of post graduate study, I am on the 10 year plan. Maybe a year or two earlier, but thinking almost 40 years working at where I do, is enough. It will be 29 years this Fall.

So bright out. Sunny day. Lunchtime walk will be quick, as no sweating for me, and ooh, sunglasses and suntan lotion, as I am so fair, no red for me. And I would burn, with this sunny Summer day.

Ah, I remember now about your son. Yep, retire as early as you can......we can both thoroughly recommend early retirement..........best job we ever had!

@Lynne G studying is tough for them with all the changes. My (adult) daughter has been studying - retraining in teaching and has really missed her lectures at uni - all online and Zoom etc hasn’t filled the emotional need but she’s battled on.

@macraven up and out today Mac. Paperwork and closed offices etc has caused us no end of issues over recent months. Feel for people here who were unable to register births. We were able to do deaths online and phone which was actually easier than attending the register office in area of death.

@schumigirl we love proper butchers. I go to one at a farm a few miles away and a local one in the next village - both excellent. Haircut looks good. I’ve had mine chopped very short - grandson said it’s too short!

Had a memory bear made for Mum and just had a call that my one for Dad is ready for collection. So pleased with him. Dad was always a shirt and tie man and had a great collection of caps!

Cute bear RFF.

We are incredibly lucky here with a wonderful selection of local butchers, one in our village, farm stores and two very good wholesale places although they are a much longer drive away, but worth it. Spoiled for choice! As our full freezers show....

Yes, I don`t like hair too short, I don`t suit it. Tell him yours will grow :thumbsup2

That’s a very nice memory bear!
And very thoughtful of you making it.

All’s good here, just another hot humid day
Having ac and staying inside works for me!

Lynne, yes many can renew their DL during the closing of the DL stations but my email stated I have to do the written test before I can renew mine.

Plain crazy..

Charade, hugs
It’s a bit of a shock when one of the patients you know pass.

Hope all are having a good day and I’ll be back here later to catch up more on all the posts.

You definitely win the highest heat award for where you live mac......I`m not jealous at all :sunny:.....have fun...AC sounds good though!!!

After a cloudy afternoon with some of it spent in a friends gazebo chatting, we came home and did manage to grill outside.

Spicy pork kebabs and some very agreeable steaks......filet for Kyle and I and Tom had a rather large T Bone.....I did sneak a taste and it was lovely too. Only had some potato salad and regular salad as the steaks were rather large.

And the sun came out, but not really warm enough to sit outside.......after we were done the rain came on slightly.......nice timing.

Quiet night tonight.......glass of wine with some tv.

Janet you`re one meal away from being a deli!!!
Lol seems that way at times. Today have a beef roast in one crockpot and chili in another. Happy as I can escape cooking tomorrow.

will be a Long day At the dermatologist for 6 month check Yippee-ki-yay

Aaaaah, only thing missing is a cold brew! Enjoy
They said the sky was yellow. Yeah, time to be inside.
Oh yeah, time to batten down the hatches

I’m doing a rain dance here, anything to break the humidity & heat
One of my favorites was The Great Movie Ride. That was my get out of the heat and off my feet ride. I hope the ride they replaced it with is good.
Trying to avoid spoilers but I do enjoy the wit of new MM cartoons. Still, they’ve got really big shoes to fill there
[
received notice my drivers license has to be renewed this month and they are still closed

I guess it’s not a sticky issue as I have not driven but a couple of times since March
Received a auto message from
Them I need a written test to extend my license I
the drivers license office is closed but l
need to get it soon
Going to guess ur state has online website to schedule appts at ur local site, same as PA.

Most have extended expiry dates of licenses too

That’s a test u want to ace!
And this morning we are driving over to a larger town to a butcher we like to visit now and again......he has some bacon we like! That’s our only thing to do today.....
Any excuse to get safely out is good for mental health imo
You can spot us Brits a mile away in Florida where they just get the most amazing storms ever!!! We`re out watching it oohing and aaahhing at all the lightning.....lol.....
the alabaster skin helps too :)
Hopefully, by then, the lines for pictures, will not be long. See, the license place breaks down lines, so you only have to wait for others that want what you want
At ours everyone was initially Lumped in one small room. Got crazy crowded with real ID deadline, since extended. My understanding they will be attempting to schedule visits
think the plan right now is to resume regular classes with restrictions in place. B is no happy about wearing a mask to class, but will have to adapt. Like other universities, they will dismiss at Thanksgiving and go online until finals are over.
Seems reasonable considering the circumstances
I’m sitting here trying not to cry. I didn’t know her really well, but always enjoyed talking to her when she came in. She was a really sweet lady.
Aw, imo it does you a world of good to take the time for a good cry.
I’ve never heard of this practice. Quilts, yes. A very sweet idea indeed

Lol seems that way at times. Today have a beef roast in one crockpot and chili in another. Happy as I can escape cooking tomorrow.

will be a Long day At the dermatologist for 6 month check Yippee-ki-yay

Aaaaah, only thing missing is a cold brew! Enjoy

Oh yeah, time to batten down the hatches

I’m doing a rain dance here, anything to break the humidity & heat

Trying to avoid spoilers but I do enjoy the wit of new MM cartoons. Still, they’ve got really big shoes to fill there
[

Going to guess ur state has online website to schedule appts at ur local site, same as PA.

Most have extended expiry dates of licenses too

That’s a test u want to ace!

Any excuse to get safely out is good for mental health imo

the alabaster skin helps too :)

At ours everyone was initially Lumped in one small room. Got crazy crowded with real ID deadline, since extended. My understanding they will be attempting to schedule visits

Seems reasonable considering the circumstances

Aw, imo it does you a world of good to take the time for a good cry.

I’ve never heard of this practice. Quilts, yes. A very sweet idea indeed

Alabaster....love it....sounds much better than pale white lol........yes, we try to get out every day even if it is a quick visit somewhere......I`m like a caged lion after a few days, much as though I love my home.....I love to get out!!

Yippee-ki-yay.......now I`m hearing Bruce Willis in Die Hard in my head 😁......love that movie!!!

Hope derm appointment goes well.....and not too long a wait......and yep, you got the food sorted for a couple of days!!! I can send you some of our rain if you need it......we have plenty!!!

Woot !

Taco Bell dine in reopened today.

It was growing old doing the drive thru pick the past 3.5 months.
Impossible to reheat the food once we we got it home.

Woohoo!!

Glad you get to eat in again instead of takeout..........some food just doesn`t work.

We are "thinking" of maybe eating out next week sometime at our local pub with two other couples......they have halved the amount of tables in the dining room and reservations only, which they have always done for their dining room anyway. And no more than 6 at a table. So......we may go, it would be nice I have to admit.

Enjoy it mac......

Don’t feel like cooking, going to steal one of Keisha's pots. LoL. House must smell good with all that is cooking away. Good luck with the derm appointment tomorrow.

Ooh, Mac gets to eat her tacos warm! Yay, Mac. Ours are open too, but not sure I am ready for eating in yet.

Schumi, yes I want to retire in enough time to enjoy life for quite awhile. And a hehe, my DH knows me well. When we were discussing retirement, he said yeah, we will be at Discovery Cove, in a cabana. Yeah, hoping to travel quite a bit, like my two retired brothers have been doing.

Made the mistake of putting some cheese in the with chicken. Picky eater was in rare form. Mind you, cheese was not on all the chicken pieces. No matter, it’s all gone now. Including the peppers and taters.

The local govt just put out press release stating they are updating/modifying my county’s CV restrictions tomorrow

um are we trying to build suspense here? Ridiculous

One adjoining county where GDs family resides just announced on Thursday they will stop all interior dining for 2 weeks.

This whole politically influenced sporadic Thing, county by county isn’t working out, let alone in states where they have heads buried in sand

Thanks to my geographic location and handy highway system, I can be in at least 5 other counties within30 minutes’ drive. They have to implement a regional approach in each state or we r going to keep bouncing around, in & out of restrictions

deep cleansing breaths lol

Ack, Keisha. Other than the City being more cautious, my county has all open, though with restrictions on number in stores and restaurants. Went past a bar, and saw all the cars there, and I was like, no way! I do get emails saying that we are open and those saying open and serving food. While I want to go to other stores, no need to do other than bring food home. My Taco Bell does have outdoor seating, so maybe we will try eating there, rather than in car.

Went to get some water ice, and the walk back was buggy and sticky feeling out. Opened our front door, ahh, cool air. Just chilling now, so a perfect evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter