Something About Nothing ... #12

Good evening everyone. It’s raining (again) and the thunder has started. I don’t remember ever having this much rain to start off the summer.
Woke up this morning with sore back muscles. I have no idea why. I didn’t do anything strenuous at the water park yesterday.

Eating out is always better.
So true, but I think we eat out too much. I hate cooking and I’m not very good at it.

survived the idiot trying to zoom around me and seeing all the brakelights in front of me (yea **** that is why people were slowing down on wet roads:sad2:, but I'm sure you thought the highway was out to inconvenience you personally:sad2::sad2:).
Ugh! I hate drivers like that.

Finally got the bathroom painted except for the trim work and whatever I mistakenly swiped on the ceiling...I'm not the best painter but I'm cheap.
Can you come over and paint my living room? :p We want to repaint eventually, but have no idea what colors. We currently have an orange accent wall that we aren’t too fond of.

sugary unhealthy butter tablet
I googled this. Looks good.

Scotland is such a beautiful country and when the sun shines it’s even more gorgeous. And food is so good!
I really hope that I will be able to visit someday.

I always think of Wednesday in the Addams Family old tv show when it IS Wednesday

Anyone else watch that tv series back in the 60’s?

Or did you not exist at that time?
I didn’t exist until the end of 1967. But I remember watching in syndication.

I remember watching the Addams family, the Munsters and Dark Shadows as a kid
I watched Dark Shadows in syndication too. It really creeped me out when I was a kid.

We got a kitty yesterday!
Congrats! Name? Pictures??

I was so tired yesterday that I fell asleep while watching Twilight Zone. I need to go back and watch what I missed so we can continue our binge watch tonight.

People are talking about the summer not coming to Iceland at all.
Well at least not to the south-west side of the country.
My little man has a fever so Im off work with him, but only one week until summer vacation starts :D

Hey it’s mickey Mouse time aka Mikkimus

Hope the little guy’s fever breaks soon
It was always a worry for me when my boys were littles and kept a fever

Charade, I’m tired of cooking
also

I used to love to cook but Mr Mac can’t eat certain foods anymore as it bothers his digestive system.
So can’t make dinners with peppers, onions black pepper, spices, tomatoes, and the list goes on

I can make fried food maybe once every two months for him
So eating out is when I can get dinners that I can’t make at home for us
Cooking has become boring for me...

Kohlby, tell us more now that you are a cat woman

Nice thing about cats is you don’t have to walk them or bathe them

Monyk, Vicki I hear you on bad drivers
I don’t like them either

And to all the other homies, including Wednesday (aka Wendy) have a peaceful evening!

Drama, drama everywhere. Ah wine helps-especially with the procrastination part. Pop booked for August, flights probably booked tomorrow, and hope to have September flights/hotel booked by Monday- or should I wait and see if holiday sale?. Cuddle chicken just laid another soft shell egg and is now eating it- she's been getting tums everyday so not sure why that isn't helping.
She got her head stuck in our table last night. It took us 10 minutes to free her. Now she's being watched at all times to try to avoid power tools being needed
Oh my:rotfl2:. Sounds like fun:jumping1:

My little man has a fever so Im off work with him,
Oh hope the lil dude is feeling better soon!
Wow airlines advertises low rates to Europe with a stopover in Iceland- about have hubby convinced this is the way to go in 2 years when we go to France. Iceland is a definite bucket list place for me!

Hubs and I were talking about plans for rest of year (after drama in his family- again) and I asked where we are going for Christmas this year. He didn't say anything but the seed is planted...just need to be patient now...he's getting a huge bonus check in September...I mean why else did we get Premier Uni APs if we aren't going to use them?:thumbsup2

Ugh mosquitoes are bad this year and they loooove my blood- time to go back inside

Vicki, tablet is a very sweet item like fudge only harder. It kind of snaps when you break it. Very grainy but the most delicious thing ever........made from condensed milk, butter and sugar.......there’s a few variations. But, quite hard to make........you have to boil the ingredients to an exact temperature, then beat the living daylights out of it for an absolute age, and when it finally reaches the exact consistency pour it into a tray to set and cut into squares. It can go so wrong.........lol........but lush!!! It’s one of the reasons Scottish children had such bad dental health in the past.......lol........

Thursday............

Busy morning again.........and it is gorgeous again! Loving this sunshine and heat..........

Got new decorator coming to give a quote and see when he can come and do the rooms we’ve had changed.......he’s been recommended by our joiner, so I know he’s reliable.

But, time for breakfast then out...........

Have a great Thursday..........

Good Morning all! upload_2018-6-28_6-52-55.jpeg

Thanks for explaining Schumi. We make quick fudge with condensed milk, etc. and beat the crap of out it. Maybe not as hard a boil, because fudge that way is firm, but not hard, unless you don't keep it sealed in a bag, then if it gets hard, we throw it out. I make peanut butter and chocolate fudge, but haven't done so in some time. Rarely in the mood for it now. I do like sweet though.

Well, that was a nice way to start the day. A red colored blob over us, in the radar. Yep, nice bang rocking the house at 5 am, what was that? Another bang rocking the house at 5:30, time to go to the shower. As turning the shower on, mother nature did too, only twice as hard. Ugh, it's now 6, and I have to leave. Just as umbrella up, sky turns white, and I see a very vivid streak of lightning. Track race to the car. More fun, so many large puddles on the street, I drive in the middle, every time I don't see oncoming traffic, which thankfully is quite often. Hey, not as hard raining here. Open umbrella, 100 yards, Charade's bucket dump happens. Quick as bunny, I'm inside. And it's cold. Sigh. And two comments: kid, with backpack and no umbrella, you look soaked, and the slowest walking is not helping, and guy with the dog, pulling him across the street is not going to make him or you less wet or faster. :laughing:

So, upload_2018-6-28_6-55-16.jpeg. And a funny:

images
::yes:: :rotfl:

I hope you feel less sore Charade.

That goes for Robo too, I hope you and your DH are doing better, not sore.

Ooh, a kitty, yes Kohlby, name, picture? She sounds like a handful, but that's good. So nice she'll be taken care of when you move.

MonyK, I hate bugs. And I'm also the one to get bit first. Hope your mosquitoes go away quick.

Mikkimus, I hope you have better weather, and the little guy breaks his fever, and is feeling better now. A Woot! for a week countdown to vacation.

Oh I can cook and bake, but eating out is at least once a week. After a long day, like when soccer practice, 1/2 hour away, is 6 to 9. Yeah, it's then I'm most likely to buy a meal.

Okay, tea and blanket ready. Hello sun, I'm ready for ya. Heat index on Saturday is over 100 degrees. Yes, that's summer to me. Bring it on.

:coffee:

Happy Thursday all!! I'm a little behind reading here, but yesterday was travel day so very busy. Joe and I are home from Ft. Lauderdale. Kyle and Erin's apartment is in good shape- no furniture yet. The big move is in a few weeks! But we cleaned, painted, put curtains up! Do have to say I was a little teary thinking about my boy being so far from home! :sad1: But visiting him in a sunny, warm, beach city makes me feel better!:sunny:

Off to work! I'll be glad to sit at my desk! My old(ish) bones are tired from all the manual labor!

In my skimming I see Carole is home Yay!! Your trip is next week I think?

And Kohbly- a new kitty baby!!:cat:

Mikkimus- hope your little one feels better soon!

And all the going out to dinner talk sounds great to me!!

Patty, glad your back and all is well with family near and far. Yeah, when I told little one she could be a doctor where it's warm, she said she likes the cold and changes in weather. She's my kid? LOL Hope your coffee is hot.

Patty, glad your back and all is well with family near and far. Yeah, when I told little one she could be a doctor where it's warm, she said she likes the cold and changes in weather. She's my kid? LOL Hope your coffee is hot.

When I was young I didn't mind the cold and snow, either! But I've grown tired of the extreme temps here! And if I live somewhere warm, I can take a trip to see leaves changing and snow! Then I can return back to my warm place!

People are talking about the summer not coming to Iceland at all.
Well at least not to the south-west side of the country.
My little man has a fever so Im off work with him, but only one week until summer vacation starts :D
Hope he feels better quickly! Hopefully he will be fully back to health by summer vacation.

My daughter has been saying for years that she's going to move some place cold when she grows up. She says she loves the cold and the snow. (However, she struggling whenever we had a cold day when we lived in South Carolina. I think she likes the idea more than the reality). I told her I'd visit her only during the warm months.

Lynne- Wow, that sounds like quite the storm. So rude of it to start so early! The weather says 3-5 inches of rain for us starting in the next hour or so but we shall see since that's not exactly normal weather and I've given up believing the weather forecast.

No kitty name yet. My daughter had her heart set on a different foster kitty before this and had a name for that one - Marshmallow since it was mostly white. But then we visited my friend and she had this other kitty and it was so playful and loving that we knew she was now the one. She's a tabby who doesn't have enough white to be Marshamallow. Daughter wanted Smores but we are realizing that's not quite as easy to say. Katniss is a possibility being discussed right now too.

Kohlby, hope your storm is not as downpour as mine had, little over 2 inches in 2 hours. But, the sun is out, most of the wet is gone, and oh so muggy. After a walk for lunch, the A/C actually feels good for now. I'll be complaining of the cold soon enough, though. Aww, I like Smores for a name. I'd say not hard to say. Smoo for short. LOL Still would like a picture. And yeah, sometimes pets pick us, as much as we pick them. I always like spunk in my dogs.

Thanks Kohlby -- such a cutie. With those white paws, I'd say Boots for a name. From the face, yep, a spunky one. And I love tabby cats, I have had gray and orange ones.

Charade, you’d love Scotland.......it is a glorious country and for me the prettiest in the United Kingdom......we have palm trees on some of our beaches on the West Coast which surprises some people.........gorgeous country.

Miss Mikkimús........hope your little guy feels better soon.......it’s not nice when they’re feeling poorly.......I wish we could send you some of our very unusual heatwave weather........I hate the cold and yearn for weather like this all year.........hope it’s nice when we visit Iceland for that midnight sun!!

Lynne, yes, tablet is so much nicer than fudge which I don’t care for.......a real sweet treat.

Patty........two weeks tomorrow we fly to NYC then down to Orlando following week........glad you had a nice trip to see your sons........

Kohlby, hope you don’t get too much rain.........

MonyK........hope you get your flights booked for September! Always nice to get them sorted.........

I love cooking. Enjoy all aspects of it and if I do say so myself, I’m good at it...... not a great baker though.......the Aga makes things easier there for me.......but for regular baking......hit and miss.........friends and I enjoy doing different cookery days when they occur around us. Did enjoy three single day courses with a British lady chef called Rosemary Schrager a few years back. She was fun!!!

But, I’m a huge believer in eating out whenever we feel like it........:D we have some fabulous seafood places around us and lobsters and crabs are plentiful. Can’t go wrong...........

Finally in from garden, been out there most of the day..........enjoyed dh grillingnoir food tonight in garden........little bit of a sea breeze coming in now, but forecast is still good into next week........:sunny:

Time for wine...........:D

Mac.....enjoyed the Addams Family as a kid......maybe I was around 6 when we first saw it, around 1973........I remember Lurch freaking me out a little........

Much preferred The Munsters though.........although Addams Family theme tune is more memorable of the two......

Kohlby- Such a cutie!! The first kitten we adopted when we got married over 30 years ago looked like yours! Her name was Maddie!

Mac & Carole- I'm a Munsters girl! Watched them both- my favorite was Cousin Itt on Addams Family! But Herman Munster won my heart- his laugh was contagious!

We got rain and it was a gusher

Bad thing about the storm was driving in it

Had water come down from the sunroof

Had to pull over as could not hit the switch while driving

I finally got the cover closed but the glass dome will not close but halfway

Once home called the dealer and have appt tomorrow for it to be taken care of

Since the dealer is in another town, making plans on where to do lunch later tomorrow

There’s always a silver lining when it comes to car repairs!

Aw Mac, that is ashame, but at least it will be fixed, and lunch out, at least one win.

Little one opened older one’s moonroof, when he told her not to, as it was acting up. Well, we could not get it closed. Dealer was able to close it, after trying for almost an hour. Said the motor for it was shot, and mega money to replace it, as old part, car is 11 years old. I said, is it closed? He said yes, and I said is motor unhooked, meaning if pushed button nada happening, and he said yes. Paid him for getting it closed, not much, thankfully. Older one does not care, he really never used, nor did I. With all our rain, I was happy it could be closed, even if for good.

Now what for dinner? Pasta or taco with chicken. Will ask the kids, though I think little one will come and leave again, for her other job.

Happy Thursday afternoon everyone :wave2:

Now I’am playing catch-up.

We had a friend stay over last night on our couch due to a bad domestic situation...wish we had room to let her stay longer until she can figure out what to do but we only have 2 bedrooms. It

Tink what a nice friend you are to offer her a place to sleep.
I think I read here that someone else here (maybe monyk) suggested a women’s shelter. We have one locally that is for women who are victims of domestic violence. They provide safe accommodations, Social Workers and medical care and financial assistance to help them get back on their feet. I hope your friend gets the help she needs.

some health related stuff I'd rather not discuss. I have some people, also, who need my support right now and I had to jump in. I will jump in and catch up and of course I care about you all....but Stuff Happens. And it kind of did....

Dear Wendy I hope things are settling down for you a bit as you prepare for your back surgery. Sending continued prayers for your peace and healing :hug:

Lol..........no cake, but loads of Scottish shortbread, sugary unhealthy butter tablet and many other unhealthy Scottish treats! You’d love em............::yes::

Wow sounds yummy. I have a weakness for Scottish shortbread. Developed it when we were in Scotland a number of years ago.

The butter tablets sound like the sugar candy melting discs we having in cake decorating shops here in US.

Scotland is a beautiful place.

Diet was totally destroyed.........:blush:

Diets are no fun if you don’t get to have some goodies once and awhile ::yes::

I always think of Wednesday in the Addams Family old tv show when it IS Wednesday

Anyone else watch that tv series back in the 60’s?

Or did you not exist at that time?

Mac I loved watching The Addams Family, The Munsters and Dark Shadows.

I liked Johnny Depps campy take on Barnabus Collins. Well of course Alice Copper was on there too

A5181DFE-B34D-41C4-B785-002E5EF3DEB0.gif

Hope your little fella gets to feeling better soon.

I love cooking. Enjoy all aspects of it and if I do say so myself, I’m good at it...... not a great baker though.......the Aga makes things easier there for me.......but for regular baking...

I like to cook too. Hubby has been a willing subject to my experiments with heart healthy diet menus.

Last edited:
More rain coming tonight so not getting food out

Found spaghetti sauce in the freezer
I can thaw that out quickly

Now to search for pasta in the pantry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter