Something About Nothing ... #12

B has her yearbook senior picture on Thursday. It just seems too soon.

Am I the only one here who doesn’t drink wine?

Little one had her senior picture last week too. Guess not too early.

And I rarely drink wine, as not a fan of it either. When I am gifted wine, I give it away to other in my family.

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like wine! IRL anyway........I know a couple on here not fussed.......

I don’t drink any alcoholic beverages. I usually just ignore those conversations. Can’t really contribute to something you know nothing about.

Little one had her senior picture last week too. Guess not too early.
Before school was out? And I thought ours were too early.

Yep, over a week before school over, Charade. Oh well, I don't think she's going to change much between now and graduating, well, except oddly, wants to cut her hair shorter. \

Ah the sun is out, but the tree is bouncing and leaves upside down. Guess we are not out of that band of rain quite yet. Hoping for a dry ride home, and once again, forgot to take my sunglasses. Yep, little one's are still in my car. So, at least I have a pair to wear if sunny when I go home.

Bleak day here, no sun in days. Made a pot of broccoli/veg/cheese soup. Nom

images
-hehe, what we should study. LOL

Keisha, thanks for the website. Yeah, not happy with the rates, and yeah, not cool with Priceline's changes either. I keep trolling Alamo, and looking for better coupons than the one I have, and hoping for insider free one upgrade. For now, I can live with what I have, but still not that happy about it.
I have a $25 that doesn’t require a sat overnight. Several $30 ones and class upgrades that tend to work out on shorter stays.

Hi everyone. I’m on lunch break right now. Not much going on today. It rained again last night and is gloomy out today.

The frozen ones aren’t that good in my opinion. We have neither Krystal nor White Castle near me, but I have eaten both in the past.

We had a Zaxby for a little while, but it closed after less then a year. The building is currently being converted into a Hardee’s.

B has her yearbook senior picture on Thursday. It just seems too soon.

Am I the only one here who doesn’t drink wine?

Guess I should get back to work. Don’t have much to do today.

What’s she wearing for the pic? Doing full package of shots?

Rarely drink (gasp lol) if I do one usually. Or as I say ‘well mixed drink you only need one’.

Wine tends to give me such headaches esp red variety’s

Always afraid some family crisis will hit the fan with members having serious health issues. Vacation I relax more

Keep a wine bottle at your desk in the drawer.
It will make the day go by faster.

Or, it could make you not care what you do that day.......
jk

Lol rum runners (little plastic bags with spouts) better than a flask. Lol

Lynne - If you haven't already, check Expedia and Orbitz regularly for Cabana Bay. They also sometimes have a 20% off coupon. Also, when using them, don't put kids under 18 on the reservation since they may charge more even though the hotel's actual policy is not to. Just make sure you aren't over max occupancy and it's easy to add in at check-in. We did that when we stayed once. We needed two rooms so I spent a lot of time checking. We were able to get the rooms for under $100 a night the third week of April then. (I think it was $94 before hotel taxes and fees, though $108 with). The one minus is that I had to pay upfront. I did make a reservation for the wrong dates at first so I did try out the refund policy and it worked out well. (It was all back until within the hotel's timeline that they say one night is owed). I don't remember if it was Expedia or Orbitz though since I kept checking both.

I thot Loews yanked the coupon eligibility last year for all properties

Thanks Kolby, I do try both. For now, Bookings had it the cheapest I could find, and only had to put one night down deposit, with full refund until 5 days before checking in cancellation. I do check every so often, as I also do for airfare, and rental car. So far, got CB at the rate my off site was, though no free breakfast, but I like the idea of staying onsite, even if no EP. Airfare, got almost 5,000 points back, so that was nice, but still no other savings, and rental, well, down about 40 dollars, but still higher then I ever expected.

2 incidents with bookings unsatisfactory. wound up with what I’d term worst view in my booked class & last time paid for 3 queen beds in Miami and wound up with 2 doubles and no roll always. So sad too bad from hotel and bookings they finally sent a coupon big hairy deal

I’d take my chances bidding on Hotwire or Priceline after careful
Study of amenities in better bidding a week or so out SF & CB tends to pop up in general

Sorry to hear of that Keisha, last and only time I used bookings, it was okay. Guess I had better cross fingers and toes.

Bleak day here, no sun in days. Made a pot of broccoli/veg/cheese soup. Nom

I have a $25 that doesn’t require a sat overnight. Several $30 ones and class upgrades that tend to work out on shorter stays.

What’s she wearing for the pic? Doing full package of shots?

Rarely drink (gasp lol) if I do one usually. Or as I say ‘well mixed drink you only need one’.

Wine tends to give me such headaches esp red variety’s

Always afraid some family crisis will hit the fan with members having serious health issues. Vacation I relax more

Lol rum runners (little plastic bags with spouts) better than a flask. Lol

I thot Loews yanked the coupon eligibility last year for all properties

2 incidents with bookings unsatisfactory. wound up with what I’d term worst view in my booked class & last time paid for 3 queen beds in Miami and wound up with 2 doubles and no roll always. So sad too bad from hotel and bookings they finally sent a coupon big hairy deal

I’d take my chances bidding on Hotwire or Priceline after careful
Study of amenities in better bidding a week or so out SF & CB tends to pop up in general

Janet, you lost me at broccoli and cheese in a soup!!! Can’t quite get to grips with that combination.....

With wine, I find I’ve never had a hangover for years but we always drink good quality wine at home and when we’re out for dinner or in pubs.........it’s the cheap stuff that makes me bad if I do ever drink it.........sometimes on vacation wine isn’t the best, but we just drink less and stick to cocktails............ not a bad alternative........:thumbsup2

Almost bedtime here......still light outside though......ish.......but quite tired tonight!

Still sending our Robo good thoughts........and those :grouphug:

I only really like Brie as a cheese....and cream cheese!

And never, ever in a soup. I don’t really like soup though........not a fan. Would never order soup out for dinner.......

You know me mac........it’s either shrimp or some other form of seafood as an app!!!

Hey all! Missed the wine talk, been having cocktails instead this week. Trying to convince myself that vodka is good for laryngitis- yep lost my voice. Actually don't feel bad other than an occasional stuffiness and can't talk.
Love a good broccoli cheese soup-winter soup for me,but make a double batch and freeze some for quick dinners, with beer bread...mmmm.

Senior photos...will be thinking about that again this time next year, better keep in good graces of our friend and neighbor (assistant head of photo dept at university in our town). He did oldest senior pics for a song and they were beautiful.

Postponed is always better than cancelled.

Haven't made it to universal yet. Thought we might go tonight but everyone is wiped out. Up at 630 am to make space mountain fastpasses, then stayed til almost 4 at MK. Grandson Jacob loves everything! Even the drop in Pirates, and Astro orbiter. Son and Jacob bonded- have several pics of Ben guiding Jacob and holding hands- think Ben likes being an uncle. Hit but great day. Very busy in MK but seemed people were in pretty decent moods and no rude behavior. A guy was walking by us while waiting on monorail platform and he stopped and said 'oh no we didn't mean to cut line'- nope dude- we awere hanging back cuz we were tired and no problem at all to walk on up and fill in open spaces. Saw more of that kind of thinking vs the entitled 'I deserve to be here' stuff.

Breakfast tomorrow at 1900 Park Faire with all the kids (DCP kid isn't going in til 315pm), then will likely finally get to Universal.
Had a dismeet with chunkymonkey too! So fun!

Racking up Marriott reward points - suspect if we get back next year to use Uni passes it will be offsite at a Marriott...

Attachments

• IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 7
Happy new week everyone!
We went camping this weekend, it was pouring most of the time and quite cold. But it was with my husbands friends and they are all scouts so trying to argue with them that the weather isnt good enough for camping is a no go. They would go if it was snowing and storming.

Oh how I long for a Florida trip, I just have to get my fix by reading trip reports :)

No. We just opted for the very basic package which is the yearbook photo (wearing the drape) and one casual shot. She bought a new dress for that one. I don’t think it was her best choice, but we’ll see.
I was so lucky when my two youngest graduated. My brother owned a successful photography studio and I got the "super duper photo package with assorted locations for absolutely $0.00. It was his graduation present to the kids. They even removed my son's braces and missing tooth from his smile. I have ginormous photos of my kids with special effects and they each brought a suitcase of stuff to wear. I didn't even know there was something called a "basic package". That makes so much more sense. I was fighting with those two about what shots locations and poses...o_O

I only really like Brie as a cheese....and cream cheese!

And never, ever in a soup. I don’t really like soup though........not a fan. Would never order soup out for dinner.......

You know me mac........it’s either shrimp or some other form of seafood as an app!!!
Schumi, such blasphemy! You are speaking to a Wisconsin resident that loves cheese of most types. Yes, a good Brie baked with cranberry jam is good. Cream cheese is good (read labels carefully) but there is so much out there!!!. Wisconsin has a cheese factory every 20-30 miles specializing in something and I have yet to find a homemade mac and cheese blend of cheeses I didn't like. The real stuff, not the fake orange stuff.

Woot, after lots of booking, then cancellations, now at RPR for October. Yay, as nice walks back with Mac to our rooms. Weeee, now to get rental down some more.

Tea for me. Oddly, tends to make me sleepy when drank at night.

Little one is so lucky. While we forbid her from taking a car to school, older one taxi was in service to tote home and back between finals. To be repeated tomorrow.

And I was a good person. Package on our doorstep that was not for us. Not even similar name, nor street number, nor street name. Older one kindly dropped it off to the address on the package, a place 10 minutes away on the other side of our township. What was the carrier thinking?

Makes me hope I have honest neighbors.

Hehe, just realized older one not watching the TV. Time to channel surf to a show he would not enjoy.

Most restful Monday night to all homies.

Agavegirl- I love cheese!! But you know what I've always wanted -a Green Bay Packers cheese head!!

Lynne- Yay for RPR in October! We'll have a lot of fun when we all meet!!

Ahem, as for my "postponed" vacation a little over 500 days away. DH and I are on board that since we have another year to save, and I am sad, we will add "enhancements". I already mentioned Club Level at Portofino. What kind of special things involving HHN 2019 should I consider? Remembering I have 500 days and a whole nother tax season to save up? My part time tax job is my vacation fund. It has no where to go in 2018. Private tour? Special Event? We won't be upgrading the Disney hotel because it is cost prohibitive and DH wants to stay at POR.

Is there a Brazilian Steak House in Orlando? Have any of you tried it? This is something DH wants to try. I guess I am starting to feel less "down". Should we rent a car and pay parking just to try new stuff? Should we just throw more into savings for Uber, Lyft and Taxis?

Well, It's not like I don't have time to figure it out.

Feeling more positive tonight. Thank you all for your support.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter