Something About Nothing ... #12

Yep, I definitely have a new friend........although I don’t want my own dog, and I’d never have a cat......it’s nice to be able to borrow a friends dog now and again......with none of the hard work!

MonyK.......enjoy that trip, sounds lovely.......yes, I believe dogs know too.........and yep, I ignore all negative comments.......can’t be bothered with that nonsense........

Charade, glad you got your issue with client sorted.......these things take time........and glad you got the dogs approval all those years ago!

Rapstar, that movie does look good!! Wish it would be in our movie choices on flights later this year......they usually hit the IFE quite quickly.......

Up early as DS leaves early today.......doesn’t look great outside..........no sunshine yet.......

But, got friend coming round this morning, that’ll pass a couple of hours.......

And it’s Wednesday.........

Friend visited......sorted out the world and it`s problems...….nice morning. Although she had a crying grand daugther this morning.....dropped her off at nursery and made the mistake of telling her she was visiting me......bless her, she wanted to come too...…..gorgeous little girl!!!

Now to shop...….

Lunch first. Although did have a rather large slice, or two, of home made butter cake......oops!!! So nice though, my friend is a much better baker than I am.....

Have a great Wednesday...…...

images
Yep,
images
, it's a hump day, Wednesday it is. The middle of the week, and get over the hump of this day, and the rainy weekend will be here. You heard that right, another weekend of rain. Weather guy thought weather waits for weekends to rain. Well, it rained yesterday, and seems to be gray still today. They are saying no rain today, but cloudy, damp, and cool. 71 is the high. What? No, coworker, the ice box office is not enjoyable, I would not rather be cold then hot. Sigh. Sweater on, over long sleeve blouse, and soon, my winter jacket will replace the sweater. It's an AC on overdrive. Come on, lizard heat, just consistent 80's would be nice for June.

With that, just after noon for Schumi, hope you have a nice afternoon and a lush lunch, and glad to hear your friend's visit was enjoyable, and included homemade cake. Sweet that you get to walk that dog.

Mac, hope you are sleeping and the cats are behaving.

Tink, hope you are having strong coffee. Watched a little of our town's baseball too. But was so tired, heard they won, but since not at home, I am not sure when they ended.

Have a wacky, wine filled Wednesday. Wash that Tuesday's tacos down.

Thankfully I was able to reprocess all of the claims (17 total)with the correct policy number.

That's great, Charade that you figured this out!!

Hope everyone has a great night's sleep uninterrupted by snoring spouses

Not a bad night at my house! Guess I was very tired and the rum helped!

Although did have a rather large slice, or two, of home made butter cake......oops!!

Who's counting??

Have a wacky, wine filled Wednesday

I like that!

Instead of a cat meme, here is my Smokey! We rescued him from the SPCA when he was about 2 years old. He had a lot of anxiety when we first brought him home. I think it was from losing his home! He follows me everywhere! So sweet- but he is an attention hog- as soon as I pay attention to the others, he's right there!

So, Happy Wednesday all- from Smokey!!:cat:
upload_2018-6-6_7-55-52.jpeg

Oh that's too funny Patty. My brother had a cat, Smokey, that was a black stripped tabby, that he also got from the SPCA. Was a big love bug too. And large, was 18 pounds.

Oh that's too funny Patty. My brother had a cat, Smokey, that was a black stripped tabby, that he also got from the SPCA. Was a big love bug too. And large, was 18 pounds.

He's on his way to 18 lbs!!

I like the name now. All of my other cats (past and present) I've had from kittens and I name them people names. I was going to change his name- but that was the name he was used to so we kept it!

Patty, yeah, we tend to give people names to our pets too, but I am not sure if Smokey was the given name or not. He also took Smokey's sister, which he named Victoria, though routinely both had been called Smoke man and Tori. Both lived almost 20 years. Tori was not a nice cat, but Smokey was. Your guy has such a cute face. I hope he realizes it's his forever home. I don't go to the SPCA much, as I want to take all of them home. Maybe when both kids are away in college we will get another dog. DH likes labs, though we do not regret having a boxer. Just that the labs we had were more mellow, and mellow is what we probably need this time.

Patty, yeah, we tend to give people names to our pets too, but I am not sure if Smokey was the given name or not. He also took Smokey's sister, which he named Victoria, though routinely both had been called Smoke man and Tori. Both lived almost 20 years. Tori was not a nice cat, but Smokey was. Your guy has such a cute face. I hope he realizes it's his forever home. I don't go to the SPCA much, as I want to take all of them home. Maybe when both kids are away in college we will get another dog. DH likes labs, though we do not regret having a boxer. Just that the labs we had were more mellow, and mellow is what we probably need this time.

Yep I stay away from the SPCA! This was a satellite site at the mall so we went in. I know- I could take them all! We don't usually have to adopt from the SPCA- I think there's a signal that emits from our house welcoming stray cats!!

We've never had dogs, but I do love them. I think I wouldn't be a good dog mom as I'm not a good disciplinarian and couldn't train them well!

Oh I like cats too Patty, but DH is severely allergic to their danger. So, no cats for us. Luck that dog danger doesn't bother him. And thankfully, though not, older one's allergies are only organic, pollen, not animals.

I am so cold right now. Gloves will come with me tomorrow. Still no sun to see either. And yep, this is June. 10 degrees below average for days now.

Wednesday already?
Long day yesterday. Slide was fun, nice to relax - actually felt cool with a breeze blowing when wet from pool. Finally had to drag the boy out to get dinner. Steak on the grill- lot s of leftovers, thinking steak and eggs for breakfast...
Made s'mores at campfire, hen middle wanted to go to MK for couple hours, DH and son went to arcade for a bit then back to cabin after watching water parade. Middle and I caught HEA fireworks from dock and boat on way to MK. love getting to magic kingdom by water, especially as the lines for busses and monorail were extremely long leaving the park last night. Managed to get ther in time to do haunted mansion, pirates and people mover. Could have jumped into space mountain line before closing but decided to head out instead.

Lazy morning, then afternoon and evening at Magic KIngdom. And oldest is off for today and tomorrow! Speaking of cats. She has been sending me all these pics of kittens that need foster or permanent homes- she wants a kitty bad. Not ready to take on a new animal yet...

My answer to those that are not liking their weather

Take a long vacation and many of them to Orlando

Just avoid their monsoon season

Only into the mid 60’s today, had to dig for a hoodie, brrr

You do have an adorable lil hobbit, with perfect feet:)

From my market PIT, there is a bit of a price war among 2 carriers that connect into Reykjavik. Helped one of DSs friends plan a trip to England last year. Found her a September flight for $48 USD one way to meet her online boyfriend for first time (actually went well, she’s going back this fall too). Coming back was closer to $200 but a steal.

Thank you.
Those are great prices.

Happy Humpday everyone:flower:

Monyk- So glad you are having a blast at Disney!! Enjoy DD on her days off!

DD's trying to wear you down about a kitten!! Yes- it's a big responsibility to add a pet family member! You need to be ready for them!

But they bring such joy to us! My cats make our house a home!!

Mac, Orlando vacation sounds so nice but will have to wait for sometime.
But when I have finished my masters and work some then we can think about it :D

Happy Hump day everyone:D ! I love all the memes you guys put up! It's nice to be back on and try and catch up! It seems when things happen it is all at once and multiple things. I like finding solutions and moving on:thumbsup2

Agavegirl1- Sorry to hear about postponing your trip! I have put surgery on hold for a bit it all can be overwhelming. I will be sending positive thoughts and as soon as you know it you can start planning that trip again. Meanwhile any Island vacation sounds nice too!

Mikkimus- Hello! I am new to this thread but congratulations on your wedding and many happy anniversaries. What a wonderful time in one's life. It must have been so great to have your son in the wedding.

Robo56- I am so glad to hear that the cardiac rehab is going good. What a relief and joy to have a loved one getting better. I have found at this later stage in life any trip is a great trip!

LynneG- I am just starting the college tours. It's hard to get in the head she has to apply in the fall! I am a little late to the game. My DD is set on University of Central Florida even though we are taking our first tour in a couple of weeks. Any advice on this journey is appreciated! I am going to try and get her to look at a couple of others.

pattyw- I love your cat pic! Any rescue is a great one! I understand about the homing beacon. Actually I think there is a kitty hot line about our house in the neighborhood:laughing:.

pattyw and macraven- Boy do I understand the snoring situation so much better! I have been going crazy switching things around with accommodations because of DD's BF snoring:sad2: last night I heard DH snoring on the recliner:sad1:. What's funny is DH says I snore, really? Anyway he let me listen to an audio recording one day and said he recorded me snoring. I wasn't in the video. Hmm! It actually sounded like the snore machine recording from Ferris Bueller's Day off :rotfl2:It am going to have to invest in fan and noise machine companies:P

pattyw and Lynneg- I have cat names from every source possible. However, my favorite names are people names. We have changed almost all of our rescues names except for one. I really thought it fit her so we kept it (Cora). Most of the rescue organizations we adopt from come up with some strange names.

Monykalyn- Glad to hear about your vacation. Hope it continues to be a good one. I will have to check out your pictures of your pet chicken sounds awesome!

schumigirl- It's great you are able to travel so much to a place that you love. My philosophy is "life is too short, so enjoy it while you can". Jealousy can be an ugly emotion and it's to bad that people waste their time on it. Enjoy those walks with your friend's dog.

Charade67- I understand they can be distracting with your cups when you are doing things. I have a cat who likes to drink coffee out of our mugs! He also pulls the tray out of the Kuerig machine to lick the remnants of coffee drops:crazy2:... I only have one that likes water from faucets or fountains. He is a pain when we pour water from the jug to the dish he gets in our way. He like to drink from the stream.:-)

Sorry if I missed anyone I always seem to be in a hurry and busier when school is in. I actually have a less hectic schedule when school is out. In a week we are done party:then it's on to packing:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter