Something About Nothing ... #12

Switzerland is my favourite country in Europe.......summer and winter. Been many times.

Been to ski resorts and didn’t go skiing, just enjoyed the Resort and the apres ski......also enjoyed a few Spa hotels there around the lakes......beautiful.

I used to think Paris was my favourite European city, mainly because that’s where Tom proposed to me, but we went so many times and then the last time we were there it had changed a lot. Didn’t feel like it was the same city anymore. I doubt we’ll ever go back.

Our rain seems to have stoppped. But, the forecast is grey and miserable all week........

Got a few things on this week to pass the time, morning with a friend on Wednesday, and then all day with one of my closest friends.....we’ve finally managed to co-ordinate........always love a get together with her. We could spend a week together and never stop talking........

Out a Wednesday night as usual.......then something on Friday I forget right now........need to check the calendar.........

Time for a cuppa.........

Thank you all <3

We are finally getting some summer here in Iceland. That mean that today we had 12° C (about 54 F) so the kids at the kindergarten where I work all went outside in just shirts. Thats way better tho then the wind and rain, and occasional snow, we have been having for the last couple of weeks.

Schumigirl you should definitely visit Iceland someday. I would recommend either in the middle of summer, late June, July or August to enjoy the 24/7 sun or middle of winter to get the total darkness and the northern lights.

Thank you all <3

We are finally getting some summer here in Iceland. That mean that today we had 12° C (about 54 F) so the kids at the kindergarten where I work all went outside in just shirts. Thats way better tho then the wind and rain, and occasional snow, we have been having for the last couple of weeks.

Schumigirl you should definitely visit Iceland someday. I would recommend either in the middle of summer, late June, July or August to enjoy the 24/7 sun or middle of winter to get the total darkness and the northern lights.

Your summer sounds like ours in Buffalo! And yep- no jackets for us if it's over 50F!

Nice to meet you @Mikkimús ! I'm fairly new to this thread!

Happy Monday Homies.

Monyk, I envy your being on vacation. I don't have much in the way of summer plans for anything fun. Congrats to your hubby on his raffle win.

Schumi, you have reminded me to replenish my sad little liquor cabinet which currently contains a bottle of Rye, a bottle of Triple Sec and a bunch of fancy bar tools and gear for making cocktails.

Pattyw, I have been interested in getting a Keratin Treatment for my terminally frizzy, naturally curly hair. Hope it really lasts 3 months as claimed

Lynn, good luck on the college hunt.

Welcome back Mikkimus! You have a lovely little family. Congratulations on your real life updates!

Keisha, I miss those AirTran upgrades too.

Charade, you can take a well deserved break from the lessons and recitals.

I will be having my surgery July 24th so seven long weeks away. Recovery will be long but most people I have talked to are so happy they did.

Got up to 87 degrees F here in Wisconsin. Not the least little smidge of humidity. We are having take out broasted chicken and making potato wedges in the air fryer with sauteed summer squash. I don't cook much because I can't stand up very long. We simplify when we can and DH loves to cook.

Nice you get to enjoy a summer day and lush meal, Agavegirl. Will be sending lots of well wishes and mummy dust next month, and hope your surgery is successful and gives you no back pain.

Did not know what for dinner, so ended up with some chip beef, and steamed broccoli. I added mine to some lettuce and cheese, kids made club roll sandwiches. I think I got little one’s headache, so took some medicine and now I am sleepy. Not much on the tv, so it will be an early night for me.

Hehe, forgot my sunglasses when I went to work. Remembered little one left her sunglasses in the car, you know, the ones that I bought for me, that look better on her. So, rocked them on the ride home. Was not that sunny, but yeah, needed .

With that, iPad in hand, and readying for bed. Will mostly listen to a movie, then drift off to sleep.

Have a mostly memorable good night sleep this first Monday in June. Er what? It is June already.

Pattyw, I have been interested in getting a Keratin Treatment for my terminally frizzy, naturally curly hair. Hope it really lasts 3 months as claimed

I'll give you updates on how it's lasting!

I will be having my surgery July 24th so seven long weeks away. Recovery will be long but most people I have talked to are so happy they did.

Sending a lot of prayers and good wishes your way!! We are here to keep you busy while you recuperate

Er what? It is June already

I know- we're going to blink and it'll be Labor Day! So-no blinking anyone!!

Happy Tuesday all!! Dreary morning here and cool! Wish I could climb back under the covers- but off to work now!

upload_2018-6-5_6-56-8.jpeg

upload_2018-6-5_7-4-50.jpeg and
images

Good Morning homies, the sun is shining, I could see the name of the plane way up high in that bright blue sky, it is so gloriously sunny out. Hello high weather system, about time you pushed that rainy low away for some sun today. 60 percent chance of rain later today, but hey, we're used to rolling the dice on pop up thunderstorms. And not that warm either, won't see 80 anytime soon. Boo. June. Yeah, the months we sashay into summer, with the summer solstice arriving in a few weeks. And that means, summer work for the kids. Oh yeah, bring it on.

Good Morning Patty, up early and I hear ya, the week is already unfolding, but with at least with a bigger chance of rain, I'm still loving the need for sunglasses from sunrise.

Tea is ready, so have a taco or two, or three. Yep, terrific Tuesday to all.

Thank you all <3

It is in the plans at some point to go to Iceland, especially for the Northern Lights...….but we do like the idea of seeing the midnight sun too.....may have to visit twice...…:D

You have a round the same temps as us right now...….doesn't feel like summer yet...…..

Agavegirl…...yep, you need to keep that cabinet fully stocked!!!! Ours is almost embarrassing and comments have been made about how we could operate a well stocked functioning bar in our home...….lol......hope you`re doing ok...…..

Had dental appointment this morning......all good and no visits for another 6 months...…….

Had brie, turkey and cranberry grilled sandwiches for lunch...…….salmon for dinner......always feel better when I know the food options are sorted for the day...…...

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. I’m up and ready for work early today (don’t know how that happened) so I actually have some time to post. I’me Having a little trouble though. The cat keeps trying to drink from my water glass. He has a perfectly good fountain.

Nothing much to post about today. Summers are usually pretty boring around here. Guess I’ll go to work and see if there is anything to do there.

Morning Sans family :wave:

I took hubby to French Lick Indiana for a overnight on Sunday. It was a gorgeous day for a drive. We stayed at the French Lick Resort. It is a beautiful historical Resort that was refurbished as was the West Baden Resort down the road a number of years ago.

Here are some pics from my phone.

5C824A40-06C4-4FFC-A333-878C1B41BD88.jpeg

D3E84840-38B8-42AF-85F3-FEAC03AD3587.jpeg

62FFB885-0B0D-433F-8707-44EC3B52277C.jpeg

66492603-A79B-4951-B9AE-3B75E0760E91.jpeg

B09A1B7E-738B-4216-8E80-A7D1E8AF09A0.jpeg

8C1CA846-95E9-47B3-9AFE-F39BBA4976FA.jpeg

3121477B-B8ED-4FD5-9115-A619F15D4504.jpeg

Beautiful hotel Robo, and such a nice getaway for you and DH. Glad the weather is so nice, and sitting out on that porch looks wonderful right now.

It was so nice sitting on the porch rocking in the chairs enjoying the lovely weather. He really enjoyed it.
He is doing great in Cardiac Rehab.

Agavegirl1 I’am praying all goes well with your surgery and you will be on the mend soon and planning a vacation after you are all recovered.

Mikkimus congratulations on your wedding and your little boy is the cutest little hobbit ever.

Nope- I'm on vacation :)

Back on the road. Atalanta was a nightmare at 1030 last night. We knew there was a game but thought traffic would be long gone by time we go through. Figures it was multiple extra inning games. Plus delay in Kentucky when hwy 24 was shut down for bad wreck. We did get to see the dam area and there lots of resorts around there (detour)- so pretty.

Sounds like you are having a great time minus the issues with the travel down. Kentucky Lake does have some nice resorts. We used to have a sailboat at Lighthouse Landing many years ago.

LOL! I think I've been recycled a couple of times!

Yep, me too.....LOL

Last edited:
I had to come up to office to the desktop. There is still a glitch with mobile devices on disboards. This has been going on now for a few weeks. I think it has to do with the adds that are loading at the bottom of the pages.

That hotel is amazing, Robo! Looks like a palace!

It is a beautiful hotel. They did a fantastic job of refurbishing it and the West Baden Springs down the road. This is a vary laid back beautiful place. We kept up with the restoration over the years and have stayed here a few times.

Beautiful hotel Robo, and such a nice getaway for you and DH. Glad the weather is so nice, and sitting out on that porch looks wonderful right now.

It was so nice sitting on the front porch just rocking and enjoying the nice weather.

Now that I have caught with reading all the posts,can only say.....

Me too, as all of you posted what I would have said

I think you are mind readers
Lol

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter