Something About Nothing ... #12

14 innings for last game

Atlanta traffic can be unpredictable at times

Unpredictable is a nice way of saying that- the words I wanted to use to describe it was rather more unprintable...like serious racing 80 mph weaving and tailgating in traffic.

Ooh, coffee drinks for dogs. My boxer would have been bouncing higher than Tigger, though she used to jump as high as my face without any caffeine. Hhmmm, may hit Starbucks now, as kids are in camp required training.

Was up at 6, older one asked me to holler at little one. I reminded him, response would have been foul language, so you urge her to move faster. Pleadings until the door closed. Little one better not have early morning classes. Getting to school by 7:30 am has gotten her annoyance since starting at that time 3 years ago.

Now get to do errands, and cool and windy, feels like end of October, not even 60 yet. Rain to soak us later this afternoon.

How cool is that Squirlz. Looks like the weather was not too bad.

Speedy arrival time, and safe travels MonyK. I was lucky, no traffic on our 11 hours of total driving. Nice to meet up with family. Hehe, my DH does not like my lead foot and high speeds around way too many trucks.

Hope B does great in dance this last year.

Morning all. Robo, hope you and your DH are doing better.

Put the trash out, and had shorts on. Will change to pants before I leave.

With that, change of clothes, and off to coffee and grocery shopping.

Hello, it is Sunday here. Gray or grey color here too Schumi. I do not mind the diferent spelling, I just need help with some sayings that I am not familiar with. Not blowing as hard as a hoolie today. ::yes::

Lol.....the smell of the chicken and balsamic and honey right now is making me so hungry.......I can sympathise......

Sounds like a lovely trip ahead of you with your own DD, good you'll get to see a lot of her.........and nice you can all get together.........

Hi I promise I didnt forget about you, just have been more lurking and less talking.
Do you want a life update? Because you are about to get one.
Im graduating in june and got into the masters-degree program in social work. Hurray for finding out what I want to do when I "grow up".
Me and my husband also got married on the 26th of May. Had a surprise wedding when we celebrated both of our birthdays.
EQkk43Z.jpg

Hilmir our son was the ring bearer and there for he was dressed as a hobbit :)
daeC7pg.jpg

I have no idea how to make these photos smaller, sorry :/
We are also buying an apartement so there is a lot happening.

:welcome: Back Miss Mikkimus........

So glad to see you again.........

Congratulations on your wedding.....you make a lovely couple, and your baby boy is gorgeous! Only seems like yesterday you posted a picture of him days old........he looks adorable in his outfit!

Don’t be a stranger, we’ve missed you and your posts.......

Funny I just mentioned Iceland earlier today.......I believe it’s the only country in Europe, although it never looks like it’s in Europe, that we’ve never been to.........must remedy that one day.........

But, lovely to see you..........and your pictures are fine, beautiful!

:hug:
Hi I promise I didnt forget about you, just have been more lurking and less talking.
Do you want a life update? Because you are about to get one.
Im graduating in june and got into the masters-degree program in social work. Hurray for finding out what I want to do when I "grow up".
Me and my husband also got married on the 26th of May. Had a surprise wedding.

Mickey Mouse!!

So happy you came back to share your good news with us homies

You have been missed these past couple of years

Thanks for catching us up with your life and sharing the pictures
Sweet!
Congrats on the marriage

You said before you would come back and happy you did
We ♥️ hearing how our homies are doing

It’s June and you are graduating
Then more school
You’re on the road to a career

Sending you :hug:

.Alaska looks beautiful too!!

I highly recommend Alaska. It is so gorgeous there. My only complaint was that it rained a lot the week we were there. (Mid July) I took this on one of our sunny days. I liked it so much that I cropped off some of the bottom, had it enlarged and framed.
14wuaup.jpg

Yep, I know :thumbsup2.......it was pointed out recently to me by someone my spelling differences.........of course in the U.K. we do spell some words differently to Americans.........and as I have a degree in English Literature I wasn’t too happy with it being pointed out.......something I’d never do on a message board.
I have always used the word pyjamas instead of pajamas. I still have no idea why I started using that spelling. I have been corrected several times, but both spellings are correct.

Back on the road. Atalanta was a nightmare at 1030 last night. We knew there was a game but thought traffic would be long gone by time we go through. Figures it was multiple extra inning games. Plus delay in Kentucky when hwy 24 was shut down for bad wreck. We did get to see the dam area and there lots of resorts around there (detour)- so pretty.
The traffic is the one thing I do not miss about living there.

Hope B's recital goes smoothly. And I bet you August are ready for a bit of a break from the schedule too charade.
Yes. She will still have piano lessons, but that is only once a week.

Atlanta traffic can be unpredictable at times
Most of the time.

Mikkimus - Congratulations on your upcoming graduation and your wedding. Your little Hobbit is adorable.

I highly recommend Alaska. It is so gorgeous there. My only complaint was that it rained a lot the week we were there. (Mid July) I took this on one of our sunny days. I liked it so much that I cropped off some of the bottom, had it enlarged and framed.
14wuaup.jpg

I have always used the word pyjamas instead of pajamas. I still have no idea why I started using that spelling. I have been corrected several times, but both spellings are correct.

The traffic is the one thing I do not miss about living there.

Yes. She will still have piano lessons, but that is only once a week.

Most of the time.

Mikkimus - Congratulations on your upcoming graduation and your wedding. Your little Hobbit is adorable.

That is a beautiful picture...….looks a little like Scotland with the wild flowers...…

One of my Canadian cousins used to work in Prudhoe Bay......good few years ago now and he loved it. But, his family didn't...…..think he really wanted to be one of those Ice Road Truckers...….he was basically a Government employee......but high expectations.

Yes, as long as people know what I`m talking about I don't mind spelling being not so perfect on a website......just shows you how some people think :confused3

Been a busy weekend with travel plans...….

Managed to get our Scottish getaway booked for later this month...….and we managed to upgrade our July flight home from MCO up to Premium Cabin a few weeks ago......checked the website today and our outgoing aircraft to JFK has been changed and now has a Premium Cabin...….woohooo…….so got on the phone, and "eventually" got through to the call centre and upgraded that flight too...…..

Waiting for those call centre staff is a laborious process. But, glad it`s done...…..

Just finished dinner and it was worth waiting all day for...…..

DS starts his new job within his company tomorrow…....…very proud of him as always as he has done so well with this company. He has good bosses there which makes a difference and they think a lot of him.......couldn't be prouder of him.

Time for a cuppa then I`ve made mini lemon and mango cheesecakes........they seem to have turned out alright.......

Finally saw Avengers yesterday meh Banzi Burger @ Red Robin made up ffor it.

DISboards running so slow to post for me, excuse typos. Not about to wait for it to reload to fix lol

Steaks on grill, corn on cob, home fried taters & salad for dinner followed by watermelon. we arE all thoroughly stuffed puppies

Counting down to FTWD time :)
I'm ok with whatever it takes to get a vacation to happen!!

Yep- too far from Anaheim! :(

Went to the liquor store to check out the rums. Couldn't find the exact ones we liked from Strong Water, but I did find a spiced rum- having it in my Hard Rock glass so it's almost like I'm in Orlando! (not really, but...)

View attachment 326572

Did see that flights from SNA & LAX to those gateway Hawaiian cities plentiful in $70 range after digging around a bit yesterday on SWA

pattyw
I ordered a jack with coke in the parks last year and they brought me that same spiced rum

They remade my drink
And that is my one and only experience with the captain
Not a fan of spiced rum, including Malibu etc.

Got the pup bathed and the laundry done just in time ...we had thunderstorms again just as I brought in the last load.

The Braves beat the Nats again tonight :cool1:

Time for me to drink my bedtime tea and get some sleep as I have to get up at 6.

Good night Charade, mac and anyone else still up tonight :goodvibes :cat:

Tea doesn’t keep you awake ?

LOL! We're hooked! But we thank you for leading us to Strong Water and Maggie & Brittany for our new rum appreciation! We went to our local small liquor store where the selection wasn't great. We're going to hit up our specialty liquor store to look for others!

We're wine drinkers mostly, Joe some bourbon. So, it's nice to try something new. Next, we'll try mixing cocktails! I'm learning...:thumbsup2

You need to hit the islands, lots of interesting varieties/drinks there.
Schumi- I like to say we're alcohol connoisseurs!!

On my way to my salon appointment. I'm having a keratin treatment done- try to relax some of my naturally curly hair- that gets frizzy in humidity!! Have to have it sit for 2 hours! So, I'll be here on the boards on my phone to pass the time!!

It should work. My hair isn't thick- just naturally curly(very curly). My hairdresser said there are different strengths to the keratin treatment he did for me today. I had the lesser version. He said it should take all the frizz out and about 25% of my curl. So, I'll still have some waves. It supposed to last 3 months. There's the keratin shampoos and creams like Mac said, too. Those are very good! I'll report back on how my hair does in a few days once I wash and style it!

Sounds yummy! I'm good with vegetarian!

Keep feeding him with the winnings from the liquor raffle and you might get Christmas, too!:laughing:

It's almost over, Charade!! I'm sure it's a proud moment indeed watching DD!!

Yep- go with the keratin products!!

There’s the scary Brazilian type keratin with the fumes (eek) mostly to straighten crazy curly hair. then there’s the gentler forms sold in the salons as treatments that should last 3 months. Hairdresser should be able to recommend which for your hair type. Usually, they will try to sell with the take home products as an addon.

Used to have it done with every full head of color, then I discovered Olaplex! Night & day for me & far cheaper. My hairdresser says she didn’t recognize my hair after only one treatment :)

Recommend it highly, it has the straightening effect too, actually works a bit too well in that regard as I often like to have some curl in my hair. no longer need any sort of conditioning oils & rarely even need to condition my hair after washing as long as I use sulfate free shampoo. So easy now, just an application at home once between coloring touch ups & the day beforehand coloring. It’s mixed in with my color at the shop all in one process, saves so much time. Love it!!!

Party? Yes please. Dry hair here too. And poof with humidity. Oil used, but will have to try that keratin.

Heard a huge bang. Then a flash and another huge bang. Yep, thunder and lightning, but no rain, as it only poured on the other side of town.

Tired, and just chilling. Kids have to be out the door early tomorrow morning, and they asked me to wake them up. I said, may be tired, and in my own bed, may be a late sleeper. Nah, most likely I will be the first one awake.

View attachment 326821

Kid found a dinosaur. We ended up going to the museums right next to campus.

That is The Carnegie Museum of Natural History and he is our town’s beloved Dippy the Dinosaur

Carole - pretty sure London has their own Dippy, but fossil version?

Good morning. I was hoping to sleep in a bit later today, but no such luck. I should probably go to the grocery store sometime today. We really don’t have much food in the house. I hate trying to plan meals. I’m really not much of a cook. If I had the money I would have a personal chef.

I would love to be able to travel several times a year. I would go to Orlando (probably not every year, but more often than I do now) and I would go back to Alaska in a heartbeat. There are several places in the United States that I would like to visit, and I would also like to visit places in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.

B has one more recital today and then she is done with dance until September. I still can’t believe this wil be her last year.

I was drug kicking & screaming to brrrr Alaska via cruise ship. I left the same way, amazing experience. I mean, seriously, glaciers caving & eagles & bears ala pigeons-who knew? Don’t have that going on at home lol So much fun but so cold end of May. Next time, July into August to see the salmon run in Ketchikan.

Last edited:
Good Morning Mac, Schumi, Tink, pattyw and charade :wave2:

Beautiful Sunday morning here. Sun is shining and the birds are singing.

View attachment 326907

LOL! I think I've been recycled a couple of times!

Starbucks. It's just a short sized cup with whipped cream. So your cats would probably like it lol

I didn't know about that! I'll have to ask at Starbucks! Love their lattes!

Nope- I'm on vacation :)

Have fun!!

Quiet night- watching Columbo! With a pomegranate martini! (I'm cheating- bought it premixed at the liquor store) Need some pointers from Schumi about mixing my own!!

Me and my husband also got married on the 26th of May. Had a surprise wedding when we celebrated both of our birthdays.

Congratulations! Lovely picture!

I highly recommend Alaska. It is so gorgeous there. My only complaint was that it rained a lot the week we were there. (Mid July) I took this on one of our sunny days

That looks amazing! Always want to check Alaska out but living in Buffalo I can't seem to bring myself to go to a cold climate on vacation! I know summer can be warm, though.

Time for a cuppa then I`ve made mini lemon and mango cheesecakes........they seem to have turned out alright....

Sounds yummy!! Do you have a picture?

You need to hit the islands, lots of interesting varieties/drinks there.

Sounds like a plan!

Used to have it done with every full head of color, then I discovered Olaplex! Night & day for me & far cheaper. My hairdresser says she didn’t recognize my hair after only one treatment :)

That's interesting! I'll have to look into it! Anxious to see how my hair turns out tomorrow. Today was not a happy day- I couldn't wash it. I've not been in a good mood as I feel greasy with unwashed hair!

The tea is actually called Bedtime tea and has all kinds of herbs that make you sleepy.

Sounds good!

Nothing on, so b-ball game on. Meh, not my favorite sport to watch, but hey, I can play on my iPad instead.

Eh, the back to work and school tomorrow. Those short weeks are gone, full work week this week. Eek, may have to take Friday off. Baby steps, right? LOL

Rainy and windy, so no need to go out.

Yep, Keisha, and was a nice museum. We took a tour of Carnegie Mellon, too. I will say, the campus areas were a good, walkable one.

Tea does not keep me up, bedtime herbal kind or not. Making a pot now, house is almost cool.

I watched Fear at 9
Some other show came in after that I think
Had it in for a few minutes then turned it off
Watching the talk show now

Keisha......dippy???? Food sounds good as always...…….

patty, no I don't take pictures of food in real life.

Tink…...hope you managed to stay awake.....

Monday again...…...and we still have that very drizzly rain that really soaks you...….will head out later to see friends daughter as it`s her birthday today......it`s not far...….and apart from that......no real plans to do anything today...….

We did some housework this morning...….that`s about it...……

Wet, wonderful Monday morning to all the homies.

Nice to celebrate a birthday today, Schumi. At least that is something today, and it's also my DH's SIL's birthday today too.

Kid watched Walking Dead last night, have to ask him if he enjoyed it. He was slow getting up. Usually it's little one that's the slow one, but for some reason, she was up. Looked like something the cat brought in. Said she was still feeling not good. Said at 11 last night, that her head hurt badly. Gave her pills to knock her out, and hopefully, she got some good sleep, and headache gone this morning.

Back to routine for another week. In 2 more months, Orlando, 2 months after that, Orlando. 2 more months after that, not sure. Kids want to stay around home this Christmas. That's fine with me. But a countdown for 2, and that's a wahoo.

Time for tea, it's cool, wet, and windy. Sigh, and it's June. Yeah, in the 70's as a high temp. Um, lizard heat, please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter