Something About Nothing ... #12

mac.......safe travels to Atlanta.......bacon sandwich was lush!!! Same tomorrow as we will be partaking in a little wine and song tonight........hop on over.........:thumbsup2

I love fog Janet......just not if any of us have to drive in it.......you always get muppets who don't realise they need to adjust their driving accordingly........treadmill blues??? Not worth it.....I got back on mine Monday and promptly went too fast (walking only) for too long......hips are killing me.......take it easy on your new one........too much exercise is definitely not good for you.......I'm sticking to that!!!
Don't normally have a rainy season over here......just been one of those winters.......better than snow and ice, think it's on the way though.....
Yep, party tonight of sorts........got some friends coming that we missed over Christmas.....ie the Boxing Day crowd.....had late night last night so it'll be fun ::yes::......just having loads of pizza, couple of appetisers and couple of desserts......no trifle on the menu..........:laughing: I really shouldn't still be sitting here........still got few things to get ready, but I seem to be on a go slow right now.........:snail:

Got LI hotel sorted yesterday.......my cousins gave us some good suggestions, so all sorted now......was looking everywhere for reviews and suggestions Janet......to the point I was overthinking it......but, go that booked and changed our City hotel too.......one we really wanted had availability appear, so got it snapped up and a bargain too, relatively for NYC in June.....lol......

Hope everyone has a good weekend too...........:wave2:

what, no triffle? lol i did find one that was mostly pound cake soaked in booze. no, i didn't make it. have fun at the belated party. Football playoffs start today here woohoo. I'm make new dish. popcorn chicken type with cajun seasoning, beer batter then fried w/pepperchinis def not low cal = more treadmill time. Congrats on selecting a property. Are u the type to change it up to the last minute? i'm guilty as charged, something always greener over the fence type.

mac curious, how big do the fire ant mounds get? have a nice road trip! have never steped outside the ATL terminal, looks like an interesting city at least what i've seen on real housewives of Atlanta haha.

decided to go out and take down the xmas decorations in yard before the real cold hits.

Yeah, lucky us Keisha. 60 tomorrow, and 36 on Monday. We got your fog, heavy fog tonight. I told my DD looks like we could see a walker out there. Boring kid, she said, no, just looks spooky. Late night game for her. I hate driving at night, with wet streets and the fog. Two scary cars, both came the wrong way on the one way street I was traveling on. Thankfully I was going slow, and gave them my what the hell look. I hope they realized it after I passed them.

Safe travels to Mac. Have fun there.
Schumi, now I have a bacon hankering. Thanks for the thought. That may be our meat tomorrow morning, as I expect to be home for some time in the morning due to heavy rain and thunderstorms to continue from the early overnight tonight.

Have a good week-end all!

Lol definitely no trifle for us........that dish you cooked sounded gorgeous.....could eat that right now.......and go back for extras.......did it go down well with the fam?? Bet it did........
Not guilty at changing hotels usually......only changed the city one as the one we really wanted became available......now I just don't look anymore........maybe I should........

mac, 13 inches?????? That's gotta hold a lotta ants!! Yikes........though about you as we had brunch today (never made breakfast :blush:) last folks left around 3am........so I have an excuse.....lol......but bacon sandwiches, well, we had rolls actually.......gorgeous!

Lynne.....glad you avoided the muppets going the wrong way! Hate driving in that weather.

So, yes, another lazy day.........this is becoming a habit........think next weekend will be quiet one.........:cheer2:

Off for another cuppa tea.........have a great Sunday all........

Janet......after saying I don't usually change hotels.........:rolleyes1 Woke up this morning and changed our hotel on Long Island..........:blush:

Decided on a better one.......not that there was anything wrong with one we booked, but just got a feeling I wanted to change.........just did it online soon as I got up.....just told DH when he came down and he said he knew I was going to do that for the better hotel......lol......he knows me so well........strange, I feel happier with this one.....

Housework day today I think..........80's music on loud as no-one else is home to complain about it.........lol.......

Have a great Monday........

th

Kinda feels that way. After shorts and Tshirts yesterday in the rain, it's hats and gloves needed, with below freezing temperatures this morning. Ahh, I see the sun is finally rising. At least it will be a sunny, windy, very cool day. And lucky us, snow showers this evening.

Hah, Schumi. Change is good. I'd probably pick the better hotel in the end too. I do like comfort.

Well, back to my nice cup of hot tea. I may be a two cup morning.

Hope all are enjoying this second Monday of January.

Janet......after saying I don't usually change hotels.........:rolleyes1 Woke up this morning and changed our hotel on Long Island..........:blush:

Decided on a better one.......not that there was anything wrong with one we booked, but just got a feeling I wanted to change.........just did it online soon as I got up.....just told DH when he came down and he said he knew I was going to do that for the better hotel......lol......he knows me so well........strange, I feel happier with this one.....

Housework day today I think..........80's music on loud as no-one else is home to complain about it.........lol.......

Have a great Monday........

i'll be listening to some bowie today, he will be greatly missed.

when u get those feelings best to act on them:p My DH rarely asks where he'll be resting his head until i start packing:ohe knows how i roll.

lynne - do you do the annual scramble for ice scrapers at your house the first sign of bad weather? Every single year 'some people's' here go missing. :confused3 Beyond me how you can lose something in your trunk that's nearly 3 feet long.

Kiesha, nope. The ice scraper stays in my car year round. No need to hunt. No sure why you'd want to remove it. It's not a very big item to roll around in your car when not in use. I was such a weenie this morning. Used the windshield wiper fluid to remove the ice. I was in a hurry, ya know. LOL Stay warm, I can't wait to Wednesday, as we'll never get above freezing the whole day. Oh joy, for the heater to run more constantly. It is sunny, so there's that to be joyful for.

Was sad to hear of David Bowie passing. So young, and another sad death to cancer. His music will live on, and so many of his songs are iconic. A big loss of a music legend.

And with that, I need another cup of tea. And maybe some chocolate, that blueberry muffin just isn't sweet enough. Yeah, it's that kinda day.

i'll be listening to some bowie today, he will be greatly missed.

when u get those feelings best to act on them:p My DH rarely asks where he'll be resting his head until i start packing:ohe knows how i roll.

I can imagine your DH just waiting to see where he ends up sleeping on trips......lol.....not a bad way to do it, I'm finding out.........Tom hasn't even asked how much more expensive this one is.........:rolleyes1

Bowie will be missed........true star and gent. I only saw him perform live during Live Aid in London all those many, many years ago.......would love to have seen him properly live on his own........Jean Genie, Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes if I had to choose just 3 favourites..........affectionate mention to Heroes.........you got a fav Bowie song Janet.........

His ex wife Angie is on the UK celeb BB right now.......she hasn't been very nice about him........they were telling her this morning off camera......hadn't spoken for many years. Respect for him living his life so privately......seemed like a really cool guy........someone who wouldn't show up for the opening of an envelope........

It's freezing here......actually freezing.......in Celsius though, so about 32 in Farenheit......bliddy cold in any temperature........been doing housework all day though, so never noticed it much......very misty and frosty outside now.......sitting down for cuppa tea.........

Wish it was summer............

just saw a blurb on news re bowie's ex getting word. Don't know much about the ex but going to guess if on BB she's a bit of a handful.

oh, i've got more than a few favs of the white Duke. love, love, love Labryinth and its songs, fav is (Dance) Magic Dance. Just thought of one of my fav bowie video clips, he & bing crosby singing little drummer boy/peace on earth. He was never, ever boring and always a class act. ps u saw live aid live? im jealous:).
mac not sure how i missed u post a foot high mound, don't want to think how many ants would be lurking in there.:faint: run run as fast as you can

Angie seems to be a bit "out there" she certainly fits among the Z listers they have in there usually.......although I like David Gest surprisingly........he's quite funny and mentioned Michael Jackson in every other sentence when he was in another reality series over here a few years ago......expected to hate him but he was so funny........but, she's certainly earning her money apparently.......I don't really watch the show, not since around 2005......utter drivel.

Nice Bowie choices :thumbsup2 Live Aid was just amazing! The days before mobile phones and selfie sticks filming every single moment.........fantastic!

We have to get an arctic blast this week :eek: it's certainly colder than we have had all winter so far............won't be going far.........got to get some more birthday stuff for DS and that's about it this week..........

Happy Tuesday.........:wave:

Hi everyone :wave2:

Long-ish time no speak.

Really sad to here about David Bowie. He will definitely be remembered tho which is one thing.

Don't know about anyone else but I'm in need of a bit of warmth and sun. I miss the sun lol :cold:

It seems like many of us are getting a piece of the cold weather.
School has started again and Im just trying to juggle school and a baby and I have to start working out again.....

Stay warm everyone :goodvibes

Where on LI?

Family live in Oakdale.

Hi everyone :wave2:

Long-ish time no speak.

Really sad to here about David Bowie. He will definitely be remembered tho which is one thing.

Don't know about anyone else but I'm in need of a bit of warmth and sun. I miss the sun lol :cold:

Hey Rachel.......nice to see ya back........freezing here this morning......least sun is shining but, can't see the sea for an eerie mist......like something out a spooky movie!

It seems like many of us are getting a piece of the cold weather.
School has started again and Im just trying to juggle school and a baby and I have to start working out again.....

Stay warm everyone :goodvibes

Hey Miss Mikki.........:wave2: Hope you and little baby are doing ok..........think you might be a "little" colder than us as usual........lol.......good luck with school and taking care of little one.........we always like to see pics of babies....::yes::

As said, it's really cold here today.......not going out but have friend popping in for a coffee later........trying to be healthy and she always brings home baking........ I can never resist :blush:

It's Wednesday isn't it..........yep.......days are blending into one right now......but, think it's getting slightly lighter in the mornings........still so dark in evenings though........yearn for summer...........

th
It is Wednesday Schumi! And yes, we're around 20 degrees or about 6 to you. Cold. And we have a nice sunny start to the day. Had to brush the snow off my car. It snowed just enough to cover everything last night. I'm glad the roads were clear though. Your misty sea must be a sight to see. Just clear and cold for us right now.

Thankful not as cold as Mikki. Keep that little one warm and good luck with the school work.

And to make sure Mac and Keisha knows it's Wednesday: The Camel:

th

lynne - i celebrate hump day each week, carryover from when i was in the real world. Next favorite was the 4 pm countdown each day lol

single digits outside, there's not enough coffee in the world to make that better although something sweet might take the edge off it.

.like something out a spooky movie!

I love mornings like that. Fog just adds such a moody atmosphere, its great. Like when they pump the fog into HHN's scare zones, although that seems like a distant memory now.

single digits outside, there's not enough coffee in the world to make that better although something sweet might take the edge off it.

I could get you both coffee and sweet off in one hit, today at work we're commissioning the coffee truffle on our new production line. It smells amazing in the factory. Its such a good thing we're not allowed to eat in here or I'd be as big as a house.

BagO - haha, don't get Keisha on a sweet triffle. She and Schumi don't see eye to eye on an oreo one. Actually, me either. I'm not an oreo fan. That does sound good, a coffee truffle. That should sell well.

Keisha, yep, it's cold. Tea for me though. And no, there's never enough coffee to keep warm.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter