• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Rub it in Raven, we are at least 69 today. Like Keisha, we are having a mini heat wave. Very odd for this time of year. I am in short sleeve shirts today and tomorrow. Loving it.

Aye aye aye ayea yae. HOW IS IT TRIP TIME ALREADY! I'm jumping for joy... and for my suitcase... where did I leave that thing? :yay::rolleyes2

You are missing 72 temps

We had 1C last night......just above 30f for you........same this morning......frosty outside! Wanna swap.........

Actually we've had a fairly mild winter so far with not a lot of snow (keeping my fingers crossed it'll stay that way) but then January isn't here yet LOL

Hopefully the move went smoothly and you are all settled

Hope it stays that way for you Bonny.....but yep, January and February can be beasts of months.........

Not sure why I'm up this morning......everyone is sleeping in and I'm awake.......

Had lovely night last night with friends......Indian food and cocktails.......and cheesy Christmas music......good night though.......we kept the karaoke machine in the box......best place for it at times.........:rolleyes1 2 stayed over so when they get up its easy option of pancakes and bacon for everyone.......they should be up soon......

Out for a few bits later today then tomorrow, I think, is final big Christmas shop from the stores.......done plenty online but I still like to do a bit of real life shopping too for presents.......it's just so busy everywhere.

Have a great Sunday :)

You are missing 72 temps
you're alive! all better?:crutches:Got internet provider yet set up?

lynne i had capri pants on today :banana:, gloomy day but still warm, no complaints. Starting to see 30 degree days pop up in forecast. na na na na i'm ignoring it.:bitelip:

carole - I would miss onions lol Afraid to bake when it's humid or raining, seems to mess with the quality. Promised i'd take a stab at making the mr's divinity candy he loves this week. Always hold my breath hoping it sets up right.

spent 3 hours on phone w/comcast inquring as to why my wireless has such slow speeds for last few few months. Did one test after the other, reinstalling the modem & router. Via the online series of tests they had me perform re the speeds: Desktop is 'blazing' (and i use the term very losely lol) fast but wireless device sitting a foot from the router is 7/8th slower. Final words of wisdom were to use my desktop. ummmm can i have those 3 hours of my life back?:hyper: Any one else have comcast and any recent issues? Last thing i want to do is to buy another one, let alone figure out which router to select as a replacement.:confused:

I wish I had internet
Using wifi on phone in order to keep in touch here

Janet we loved Comcast and never had any of the issues you are going through
Chicago area is a high market with Comcast

We used airport instead of their router

Can't get it where I am as we are less than a mile where they do not have service
But will have fiber optic connection which will be sweet

It will be sweeter when we do start to have it .......

Hope you get it fixed as poor connection for internet really suxs

th
that's what it looks like this morning. Fully expect to see the headless horseman come out of the fog. Well, all I saw was headlights. Oh well. Another day to wear shorts and then a raincoat for the heavy rain that is to arrive at dinner time. Oh joy, a ride home in the pouring rain. Thunder too. Even more joy, it will be over 20 degrees cooler by the time the rain ends tomorrow morning. Well Keisha, we had a mini heatwave, and totally loving it. Did you get the rain?

th

Oh, that's right, It's Monday,
th

And off to get a cup of tea.

I hope Mac finds an internet provider soon. Wi-Fi on the phone is not fun. I hate typing on my phone probably just as much as my ipad. Apparently my small hands still are too fat fingered.

Egad, two weeks, and we'll all be saying Happy New Year to each other!
th

and then I agree with Bonny and Carole, the coldest and best chance of snow is January and even more, February.

Schumi That sounds like fun, the karaoke machine does not belong in a box :p
Hope you find everything you need on your shopping trip.

Mac Hope you will find a internet provider. I really cant be bothered to write on my phone, it takes so long and I always write the wrong letters.

Lynne That fog sure looks spooky. Hope you dont get too wet :)

It has been extremely cold here, -10C which is about 14F and lower.
But it is "warmer" today around 0C or 30F. My little boy got his name on Saturday.
Here in Iceland babies often dont get their name right away but at a christening or naming ceremony when they are few months old.
His name is Hilmir (which means king and LOTR return of the king is called Hilmir returns home in Icelandic)

Also I got an A on my class:cool1:

Have a good monday everyone

A double wahoo to Mikki! Beautiful name for your little boy, and an A on your test. So glad to hear about both. Glad to not have those low temperatures so far. We may be around freezing later this week, but those low temperatures don't usually arrive until February. I'm hoping we have an unusually warm, and little snow winter. A girl can hope.

Give that little Hilmir a warm hug from me. He's such a cutie.

Schumi That sounds like fun, the karaoke machine does not belong in a box :p
Hope you find everything you need on your shopping trip.
It has been extremely cold here, -10C which is about 14F and lower.
But it is "warmer" today around 0C or 30F. My little boy got his name on Saturday.
Here in Iceland babies often dont get their name right away but at a christening or naming ceremony when they are few months old.
His name is Hilmir (which means king and LOTR return of the king is called Hilmir returns home in Icelandic)

Also I got an A on my class:cool1:

Have a good monday everyone

Congratulation miss Mikki on the A for your exam........:cheer2: fantastic.......and congrats on naming your son.......bet the way you say it sounds better than my accent.......lol........sounds a lovely name for your baby..........don't forget to post pictures of him so we can see our little Icelandic baby grow.........:hug:
We started the day at 1C it went up to an almost mild 7c.....44f for non metric folk........but it's grey and miserable.

Janet......I did miss onions to begin with......a lot!!!! Now I'm not bothered at all........hate the smell of them now, same with garlic, hard to cook some dishes without them and the other things I have to cut out, but I adapt.......we've had those phone calls too with our internet provider......it's an eternity getting through to them then when you finally speak to a human....it's not the one you need.......yep.....lost hours of our life dealing with them!! Hope you're sorted out...........

Lynne.......nice atmospheric fog picture.

Finished our Christmas shopping for everyone else today.........now to wrap it all and wait for stuff I ordered off the internet.......then concentrate on what I still have to get for DH.......DS is sorted, almost.......best bit was shops weren't too busy this morning....was quite fun for Christmas shopping........had nice lite lunch out too......always good!

Roasting a duck for dinner tonight......hoping I don't overlook it as we like it pink.......fingers crossed!

Have a great Monday........almost dark here already, just after 3pm ::yes::

Please keep the cold weather up north this year! Comcast home service was always a nightmare for me. Many hours of my life lost on the phone and waiting on service techs. However, I have have used them for years for everything at my business and it has been great. Sure do miss hearing hulk roaring. My view from RPR is off the parks and it looks strange to see the hulk tunnel with no track coming out of it. I keep trying to get my kids to ride the "new" version but they won't lol

Saw doc this past Thursday. Drain is out. Saw doc today then have appt this Thursday. Ultrasound tomorrow. Hope things keep looking up. Looking forward to Family get together Christmas Eve. Getting stronger each day. Christmas really lifts the spirits.

Lynne neat picture. Looks like something from sleepy hollow. Christopher Walken :scared1:

bluer thank you for the information on the drone. That is a pretty awesome gift from Mrs bluer.
Bluer did you see that the FAA said everyone that have drones that weigh between 0.55- 50 pounds have to register their drones by 2-19-16. Said if registered within first 30 days they will wave $5.00 fee. Very interesting. Obviously the government wants to know where all the drones are. :confused3

Tinyd you will have to update us on your trip. Have a great time.

Mikki congratulations on your A and naming your little one. Awesome name. LOTR is a classic.

Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season.

Last edited:
Please keep the cold weather up north this year! Comcast home service was always a nightmare for me. Many hours of my life lost on the phone and waiting on service techs. However, I have have used them for years for everything at my business and it has been great. Sure do miss hearing hulk roaring. My view from RPR is off the parks and it looks strange to see the hulk tunnel with no track coming out of it. I keep trying to get my kids to ride the "new" version but they won't lol

We used to think it was just us.......but it's everyone who has nightmare dealings with these companies!!! Yes, we missed the Hulk roaring too.....it's very odd not to hear it........you're kids are so cute!

Duck was gorgeous last night......but my goodness I forgot how match fat spits off it.......had to clean it from oven last night, couldn't leave it..........so some housework this morning but want to be finished and plan to sit and watch first British astronaut to go on the ISS.......they're showing it live on tv this morning.........love all this "space stuff" as my friends 13 year old daughter describes it........we have quite a powerful telescope in attic room as we do watch the skies at night.....showed it to her once and we were explaining what planets and such we could see.......and all she said was.......I could probably see my school from here.......:confused3

I think I'm one of the few people on the planet who has never seen a Star Wars movie..........but, all this hype about the new movie I may just have to watch it.......not sure about going back to watch the old ones though.........:faint:

Have a great Tuesday.........oh mac.......yay :surfweb: :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Bad hair day alert. The thundering storm last night was blown out to sea, and an absolutely sunny start to today, with a brisk wind. I'll take it.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Robo. Hope the ultrasound shows good results today and your strength returns soon.

Schumi, duck is not my favorite food, but I have heard there's alot of fat when cooking it. My DS will eat it, I will not. How exciting to see another astronaut arrive at the ISS. I gave a good telescope and space book to my DS to use. He's only used it a few times. Doesn't interest him much either. Kids.

Nice pictures of the family pcstang. I agree, it was very odd not to hear Hulk. My kids both are roller coaster fans. DD even more than DS. I watch and hold the items. Ride weenie I am.

One week, before we leave. So much to do. Forever tidying the house. Some days I wonder:

th

Since today is Tuesday, with the brisk wind, I kinda am giving this squint eyed smile:

th

And with that, I'll get my cup of tea, and wish that you all have an enjoyable day.

Thought I heard my name called out

To get internet fiber optic set up this late afternoon today and w/d delivered, also pest control will come today
Nice to get 3 things taken care of on same day

A big shout out to all the homies here
For the sickies recovering from medical stuff and to all that post

Schumi, I love duck
Let me know the next time it is on the menu and I'll get the row boat out

To get internet fiber optic set up this late afternoon today and w/d delivered, also pest control will come today

Schumi, I love duck

Lol........served it with sour cherry sauce and not a drop of fat in sight......perfect......Tom gets rid of all that for me.......I don't eat fatty meat....ever.........You have an open invitation anytime :thumbsup2......get the oars ready.......kept the legs and other strips and stripped them down and made mini duck spring rolls with it.......perfect little snack for parties........

Glad you're getting some stuff sorted all in one day.........back to normality soon......it's awful being without Internet..........

Schumi, I love duck

th
Hi Mac! Sounds like a busy day. House will be in order soon!

I think it will take me two months to see past the boxes and then shop for furniture for the house .......

We cancelled Christmas and New Years already
Might block out Vday

Yea, it's a zoo here. Lol

We close on out house up north today which our lawyer is handling
Nice not to have to be there for it

I promise not to whine about weather anymore
But I will never forget what minus 12 feels like

Have a good week homies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter