Something About Nothing ... #12

Wow Mac it never ends huh? I hope everyone is ok. Glad to hear you are in the new house now. Things will get better and back to normal soon. :flower1:
Robert I'm so glad to hear your mom is doing better. I know how hard that is.
Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a great weekend.

Welcome to GA Mac....fender bender capital of the world...hope all are doing well and everything else goes smoothly from now on.

Robert...glad to hear mom is doing better...hang in there and take care of yourself.

A cold start to the day but temps are going to be in the 60s today...I'll take it.

Have a great day homies :goodvibes

Low 40's here Vicki, but after the storm we had yesterday and last night.......happy it's just calm!

So much damage and flooding around us, thankfully we only had a small part of a fence blow away......get the guy out tomorrow to fix it. But it was so scary at times.

Got all trees and decorations up yesterday though......house looks so Christmassy now.......outdoor ones up this morning.......DH and DS spent couple of hours getting them done........looking forward to it getting dark now.....

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend........

Glad you made it through the storms safely and with minimal damage Carole...sounds like a scary time :scared1:
At least you're all decorated now...I got the tree up but am not happy with my bedraggled Angel treetopper...Trey made a comparison to a certain Dr Who weeping Angel...I told him "don't blink" ...time to get that star I've been admiring.

Checking in with the dis family. Still not feeling totally up to full strength but, getting there. Still have abdominal drain. See doc again on Thursday. Hoping drainage slows down so it can be pulled. If not possibly more surgery. On the bright side the doc said I could make the trip up north with my sister for our annual shopping trip for a couple of days. I had a great time good thing I was wearing my abdominal binder. I laughed so hard at the great fun my sister, cousin and I had. Laughter is good medicine and a wonderful balm for the soul.

Robert have been remembering your mom and you in my prayers. Glad to hear she is progressing. Sorry to hear you had the flu. It is hard to shoulder all the responsibility of caring for a parent when other siblings won't contribute. You are a good son.

Mac glad you are in your new home safe despite the fender bender. Hope you are ok? We drive through Atlanta a lot when heading back home to Florida can't tell you how many times I have seen people in cars and trucks texting in bumper to bumper traffic :scared1:

Schumi I take it Christmas is not a dirty word now LOL sounds like you are all in the Christmas spirit with shopping and decorating. Did you find your champagne for your tasting for Scotland trip?

Mrsbluer hope you are still on the mend and looks like you all will be at Universal for Christmas. Have a great time.

Hey Keisha, tink, Lynne, Gina Gina, Tinyd, If I missed someone hope everyone is doing ok and enjoying the holidays.

Cdn beautiful puppies

Mikkimus congratulations on your beautiful baby boy.

BagOLaughs hope you are enjoying the wedding planning.

Last edited:
Welcome to GA mac! I'm near Augusta, GA.

I drove in the opposite direction myself today - home from Universal. Now time to plan the next trip in April. I've never gone twice in one year. Our last trip was two years ago before this one. I suppose that's how the addiction starts.

I'm very impressed with all of your Christmas decorating. My plan is to start tomorrow. One year, we bought the tree less than a week before Christmas. Hopefully, we do better than that this year.

Schumi Glad you came through the storm ok.

My exam is in 2 hours and we have some crazy weather coming, they are calling it a hurricane :scared:
If I finish the exam in a reasonable time I will hopefully beat the storm home by an hour.
Kross your fingers for me.

Stay warm everyone:)

Last edited:

Mikkimus, hope you do well on your exam, and stay safe coming home, hopefully before the storm.

Schumi, glad to hear you and family are ok from that storm. It must have been scary. Last night, the news showed pictures from England. Terrible the flooding. Good that the fence can be fixed.

Robo, laughter is always good medicine. I hope you are feeling better and have more energy soon. I am so glad you could travel and enjoy some northern family time.

Kolby, yay, another homie addicted to mummy dust. Yep, that AP does lead to multiple trips a year.

Mac, sending good wishes that all is getting settled in, and getting ready for Christmas in a new place. No snow I hope.

And for Robo, a funny:
th

And, since it is Monday, and my teen is mildly getting excited about Star Wars:

th

Have a great day, all! And stay warm. While it is freezing temperatures this morning, the sunrise gave me one of the darkest pink skies I have ever seen. So pretty. So, now it's sunny, and will be most of the day, but not much warmer. Hugs and coffee for those who need it.

Last edited:
No internet set up yet so using iPhone which I don't like to do

Will reply once it gets established

Robert...hugs for you
Hope mom continues to improve and you too!

Miss all the homies

Hope everyone is doing good and anyone that is sick getting better. DW has been filling me in with everyone here.

I see Mac got to the new house but with a bump in the road or should I say back. Sounds like it was not too bad.

We are counting the days till Universal Xmas as we did not go last month so getting the itch. Still been busy down here with work as most of my residents are here for the winter. Then for the past 6 weeks been working on my brothers backyard and bar. Thought I would share a few pictures. Still not finished and need to do the electric work.

32E5F53D-A87D-4F67-834E-0783FF8B57C6.jpg

807BDC76-078E-4985-96D2-02ED8504CED7.jpg

Plus DW got me my Xmas gift early (well I ordered it and she said merry Christmas ) lol. So I have been trying to get flights in this past week too.

8AC64EA8-6E04-4978-8815-AA04B0DEDB2E.jpg

Robo......Christmas is not a dirty word at all for me.......I adore Christmas......in December.

mac.......least you still got email.........if you're reading my last one I sent this morning on your phone it'll take you forever......lol.....it's a long one :hyper2:

Miss Mikki.........good luck on the exam and avoid that weather.........send it North please when it's done in Iceland.......don't send any more bad weather to us.............

Britain is now naming storms now.....it used to just be called winter........:confused3

Lynne, yes it was awful in some areas, those poor people I can't imagine. Thankfully we have no such issues....although we live next to the sea, we're higher up and we don't live near rivers that flood. Fences are easy to fix.

Bluer.....nice work......your brother must be so pleased with that.......when is it you leave for Christmas trip?

Everything calm here now........but cold. Kept the fence guys constantly sourced with hot drinks all morning.....all done now.......should last a while.

Have a good Monday :wave2:

Vicki.....never saw you there.......lol at the weeping angel........yes treat yourself to a new one.......:santa: Although our new Angel we bought this year for the main tree is a bit too realistic at the moment........I've turned her around so she is facing backwards.........Although I am creeping myself out imagining walking back into this room and she's turned herself around.......:eek:

Vivid imagination.

Carole...Like I told Trey...don't blink:littleangel: :D

Lol......I won't.......none of my two have noticed when they came in tonight she's back to front.......will see who's first to notice her creepy face isn't looking down on us from high.......:D

Just started my Christmas cards tonight........it's sad every year there always seems to be at least one person missing from previous years. I make a new list every year, as I hate scoring people's names off of old list. Will get them posted this week sometime.......got all the American ones away last week........

Winds getting back up here......hope Miss Mikki isn't sending us her hurricane :P

Geez, I should check in here more often! Mac, that is so exciting that you are moving out of the great, white north! Are any of your boys in that area? Are you in northwestern GA?

Have sons in Wi, Va, In and one moved with us to Ga

It will take me a month to unpack everything......maybe 2.......

No tv, phone, internet, washer/dryer yet
All that comes around the 16th, with exception of dish

Found out the hospital here closed down last week

Wow Bluer nice gift from your wife. That is a impressive looking drone. Great looking bar to celebrate with family.

Lynne thanks for the Java funny. Gotta have the coffee jolt in the morning.

no hospital!!! maybe an urgi care or drive not too long to next closest one. That's a big change from living in city, i'm sure. Good luck

carole - they've been showing a picture of a grand estate hit by the storm on news here. Said they started to name the storms to get locals to pay attention to them and be proactive. IDK we're bit of weather junkies here. Always nice to see somebody else getting the storm mentality lol.

lol SW might see a spike in attendance based upon the sampling here.

lynne - is your trip coming up soon?

robo - get better! Sounds like you had major surgery, slow & easy wins.

tink - :rotfl:only thing i asked for this Xmas was a weeping angel tshirt. Are you watching this season? I was blown away by the last 2 episodes.

steve - your bar is coming along great and what a sweet drone. I had one ready to purchase, decided to run it past the hubby since he's not back to work - yet. Unfortunately, he shot it down:rolleyes1 I said it would be convenient to check the roof & gutters, didn't hook him. A man in our area bought one to tape his kids' soccer games. Was testing it out in neighborhood and buzzed his neighbor. She picked up a rock and killed it. Said she felt threatened, it didn't have the blade covers on it. Interestingly, in addition to paying damages so it can be repaired, the local magistrate sentenced her and she now has a record! Probably will be more incidents of this sort of thing the day after Xmas.

Robo......Christmas is not a dirty word at all for me.......I adore Christmas......in December.

mac.......least you still got email.........if you're reading my last one I sent this morning on your phone it'll take you forever......lol.....it's a long one :hyper2:

Miss Mikki.........good luck on the exam and avoid that weather.........send it North please when it's done in Iceland.......don't send any more bad weather to us.............

Britain is now naming storms now.....it used to just be called winter........:confused3

Lynne, yes it was awful in some areas, those poor people I can't imagine. Thankfully we have no such issues....although we live next to the sea, we're higher up and we don't live near rivers that flood. Fences are easy to fix.

Bluer.....nice work......your brother must be so pleased with that.......when is it you leave for Christmas trip?

Everything calm here now........but cold. Kept the fence guys constantly sourced with hot drinks all morning.....all done now.......should last a while.

Have a good Monday :wave2:

2 weeks, can't wait. This will be our first xmas up there because of the great rate we got. I just can't see spending $400+ when we're there all the time.

I say we have a holiday unpacking party at your house.

Nice handy work that you do Bluer, and nice present from the Mrs. B.

Thank you.

Yep, DW is a keeper, that's why we have been together for 23 years now.

Wow Bluer nice gift from your wife. That is a impressive looking drone. Great looking bar to celebrate with family.

Lynne thanks for the Java funny. Gotta have the coffee jolt in the morning.

The Black Friday bit me and been eyeing them for over a year now.

Still have a bit more with the bar but it's been a great hangout with friends and family. My brother and his family now spends more time outside than in, lol.

no hospital!!! maybe an urgi care or drive not too long to next closest one. That's a big change from living in city, i'm sure. Good luck

carole - they've been showing a picture of a grand estate hit by the storm on news here. Said they started to name the storms to get locals to pay attention to them and be proactive. IDK we're bit of weather junkies here. Always nice to see somebody else getting the storm mentality lol.

lol SW might see a spike in attendance based upon the sampling here.

lynne - is your trip coming up soon?

robo - get better! Sounds like you had major surgery, slow & easy wins.

tink - :rotfl:only thing i asked for this Xmas was a weeping angel tshirt. Are you watching this season? I was blown away by the last 2 episodes.

steve - your bar is coming along great and what a sweet drone. I had one ready to purchase, decided to run it past the hubby since he's not back to work - yet. Unfortunately, he shot it down:rolleyes1 I said it would be convenient to check the roof & gutters, didn't hook him. A man in our area bought one to tape his kids' soccer games. Was testing it out in neighborhood and buzzed his neighbor. She picked up a rock and killed it. Said she felt threatened, it didn't have the blade covers on it. Interestingly, in addition to paying damages so it can be repaired, the local magistrate sentenced her and she now has a record! Probably will be more incidents of this sort of thing the day after Xmas.

Hubby should get one after back to work. I cannot even explain the fun it is to fly and the video footage is just jaw dropping.

I'm still thinking of bringing it to Orlando in 2 weeks. Get some video of around RPR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter