Something About Nothing ... #12

Quick, Early Saturday Morning check-in with a Friday Night Football update:

We're moving on to the Semi-finals, after a 47-34 win. It was a back and forth football game, with a bit of a twist...we scored two touchdowns, then they scored two touchdowns, then we scored two touch downs, then they scored two touchdowns...both teams missing an extra point along the way. The scored was tied 27-27 in the third...then we scored two more touchdowns, then they only scored 1 more touchdown, and we scored a final one.

While that was going on, the Number 1 team, in the state, lost 8-9.

So, we are now the Number 1 team in the state.

Interesting tidbit: although we have been ranked Number 2, in the state, the past several weeks, we've been picked to lose in all three of our Playoff games (except by our very local paper)...even though we have been the higher seeded and higher ranked team each week. Remember a few weeks back, when I mentioned papers were saying we were among the 'pretenders' and not the 'contenders'...well, we have beat all of the teams that were listed as 'contenders' (one of them, we have beaten twice in the last five weeks). So, still 'pretenders'...we'll see when their articles come out.

Last edited:
Congrats on the latest win wags, I think the ones that called your team a pretender will eat their words now. Our local team advanced in the playoffs too this week so :cheer2::cheer2: for our teams.

Time for me to get ready for work. We received our first shipment of live trees this week...what fun and the nursery smells like Christmas :santa:

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :flower1:

Yay, for both teams winning in the playoffs. Yeah, prentenders, and these are kids. I will be rooting for both to win it all.

Ah, the smell of pine. One thing I do enjoy is all the smells of Christmas. Morning Tink!

With that, arguing kids, means time to leave for little one’s tournament. Off to find a larger umbrella.

Have one awesome Saturday homies.

Some of you are aware that one of my children was a police officer for over a decade before he developed severe medical issues. Broke his heart to have to leave the job.

Admit i breathed a huge sigh of relief when he switched careers. My worst fear was a traffic stop woud go terribly bad. we live near a main route to a small city that developed drug problems after being driven out of the big city nearby. My son & his coworkers, along with other local-small town departments made many large busts over the years; but it's akin to putting a finger in the dyke to try to stop the flow of death & destruction.

Last night a new, 25 y.o. Rookie Officer was slaughtered after a stop/foot pursuit. Suspect(s) abandoned car, which was probably stolen, and is a fugitive. Massive manhunt underway. Thus far, nobody in a densely populated neighborhood saw a thing. Perhaps the reward for information leading to the apprehension will convince someone to come forward and do the right thing.

RIP Officer Brian Shaw.

Last night a new, 25 y.o. Rookie Officer was slaughtered after a stop/foot pursuit. Suspect(s) abandoned car, which was probably stolen, and is a fugitive. Massive manhunt underway. Thus far, nobody in a densely populated neighborhood saw a thing. Perhaps the reward for information leading to the apprehension will convince someone to come forward and do the right thing.

RIP Officer Brian Shaw.

There are no words that seen adequate at a time like this. Prayers for his family and that the fugitive is caught quickly.

Last edited:

So heartbreaking to hear that news Janet. Just saw it on the news. A sweet young life taken to soon. Being a police officer in the US has increased in its danger in past couple years. Prayers going out for his family and his fellow officers and community. I hope they catch the monster who did this evil thing.

That is awful to read Janet. Truly heartbreaking another Police Officer has been murdered. His poor family having to deal with this.

Sitting by the HRH pool with my first cocktail of the trip, a lovely mojito. It’s lush!!! I’ve been waiting for WEEKS to say that!!!! DH has a glass of wine, Corey has an orange Fanta and we’re just kicked back and chilled out while we wait for our room number.

We tossed around the idea of flying this week, but I’m so glad we didn’t. We’ve had so much fun on the drive down!

Congrats on the latest win wags, I think the ones that called your team a pretender will eat their words now. Our local team advanced in the playoffs too this week so :cheer2::cheer2: for our teams.

Time for me to get ready for work. We received our first shipment of live trees this week...what fun and the nursery smells like Christmas :santa:

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :flower1:

Awesome...congrats...gives me another team to root for this week.
Some of you are aware that one of my children was a police officer for over a decade before he developed severe medical issues. Broke his heart to have to leave the job.

Admit i breathed a huge sigh of relief when he switched careers. My worst fear was a traffic stop woud go terribly bad. we live near a main route to a small city that developed drug problems after being driven out of the big city nearby. My son & his coworkers, along with other local-small town departments made many large busts over the years; but it's akin to putting a finger in the dyke to try to stop the flow of death & destruction.

RIP Officer Brian Shaw.

That is terrible, and your concern about your son hits close to home. My oldest had said since he was a freshman that he wanted to go into law enforcement. As a late junior, he changed his mind and wanted to start focusing on video production...especially dealing with sports. He started college classes, this fall, with a focus on the later. He also started training to be a volunteer fire fighter...which he graduates his first course with on Tuesday (been out since 7am training on site, today). My wife told me, yesterday, that he disclosed to her, earlier in the week, that he was thinking about changing course and steering back toward law enforcement. This kid has a huge heart and I know how much he wants to help people (this is the kid that humbled me, when he was 6, by starting a charity to help people affected by natural disasters). I will never try to change his mind, but like you, it worries me, especially in today's environment. He wants to focus on Criminal Justice and detective work, but that doesn't help me worry less. Still, hard to be more proud of this young man for what he has become.

We'll pray for the officer's family.

IMG_2645.jpg This helps to illustrate the type of police officer he was. This little boy approached him while on his lunch break in a fast food parking lot. Showing him his toy handcuffs his mother had bought him since he had broken his arm. She reports that he spent time with him and let him look at real handcuffs...then told him how proud he was of him for not being afraid to come and talk to him.

The picture below says it all...his Chief and the slain officer's Mom. Just breaks your heart in a million pieces.IMG_2647.jpg

View attachment 284032 This helps to illustrate the type of police officer he was. This little boy approached him while on his lunch break in a fast food parking lot. Showing him his toy handcuffs his mother had bought him since he had broken his arm. She reports that he spent time with him and let him look at real handcuffs...then told him how proud he was of him for not being afraid to come and talk to him.

The picture below says it all...his Chief and the slain officer's Mom. Just breaks your heart in a million pieces.View attachment 284033

Heartbreaking pictures Janet.

I read about the Brian online, such a genuine young man with total compassion and dedication to his chosen career. How do they even begin to heal from this, not just his family but his colleagues too, who only have wonderful things to say about this young man. So cruel. And I do hope they get whoever was responsible. No way on a forum to describe the feelings towards whoever murdered this lovely young man.

Last edited:
Sitting by the HRH pool with my first cocktail of the trip, a lovely mojito. It’s lush!!! I’ve been waiting for WEEKS to say that!!!! DH has a glass of wine, Corey has an orange Fanta and we’re just kicked back and chilled out while we wait for our room number.

We tossed around the idea of flying this week, but I’m so glad we didn’t. We’ve had so much fun on the drive down!

Glad to read you`re having such a good start to your trip.........cocktails by the pool sounds perfect!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your time there.........:wave2:

We really need a wine or cocktail smilie for this board..........::yes::

Beautiful day here today........sun is shining and it`s 2.5c......which is around 39F.........but crispy cold and very frosty even right here by the sea.........

Have a ham in cooking for dinner, big enough for leftover sandwiches tomorrow..........and load of veg roasting off to make butternut squash for soup for lunch.......have made enough to freeze a load of it......

Not much else going on today.........ironing and that's about it.......may go a walk this afternoon if it stays so nice........

Have a lovely Sunday whatever you`re doing..........

Ham I am. Sounds lovely Schumi.

No sun for us as huge rain all last night, so out to sea this morning. Still raining, so game delayed. Marathon in town today, so more traffic around early. Unless thunder, race on rain or shine.

Heartbreaking pictures Keisha. Senseless killing is so hard to comprehend. Lots of prayers for his family, his fellow police force, and all that mourn the loss of such a good person and policeman.

Off to wash up and find some tea. Umbrellas are ready.

I’m up at 7:00 because the cat decided it was a good time to run through the house meowing loudly like there was some sort of catastrophe. Well, the food dish was empty so..........

Wagman - congrats on your wins. We finished the year 6-6 :(.

Pooh - Sounds like you are off to a good start. I can’t wait to get there too.

Schumi - Ugh, ironing. I try to avoid it whenever possible.

I’m going to try to get back to sleep.

Glad to read you`re having such a good start to your trip.........cocktails by the pool sounds perfect!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your time there.........:wave2:

We really need a wine or cocktail smilie for this board..........::yes::

Beautiful day here today........sun is shining and it`s 2.5c......which is around 39F.........but crispy cold and very frosty even right here by the sea.........

Have a ham in cooking for dinner, big enough for leftover sandwiches tomorrow..........and load of veg roasting off to make butternut squash for soup for lunch.......have made enough to freeze a load of it......

Not much else going on today.........ironing and that's about it.......may go a walk this afternoon if it stays so nice........

Have a lovely Sunday whatever you`re doing..........
Remind me again, what's an iron?

IMG_2648.jpg

You say "iron", we say beer, here :). Old skool brew, also good for stripping wallpaper & taking paint off tools lol

Week ramping up for me. The banquet folding tables have made their appearances throughout the house in order to seat all. Double-checking menu/pantry, love this time of year.

GD off school this week, have her overnight a few times so i don't have to greet 5am. Plan on taking her up to see my mom tomorrow am, then putting her to work. she's still young enough & loves to be a helper. I dread the surly tween phase that's right around the corner lol.

Expect to see some snow today, ground still warm enough it won't stick, yea! Stay warm all.

Last edited:

Lol........I don’t mind ironing......love to see everything crisp and properly ironed hanging up........I’m very much my mother’s daughter at times.........glass of wine is nice at the same time though.......:D

6 days till you leave Janet.......I just noticed your ticker........maybe your GD won’t have the surly tween phase......we didn’t with Kyle.......we didn’t have a stroppy teenager either........think we got lucky with him, when you see what some have to deal with........I thank my lucky stars every day.........

It’s cold. We are just above freezing here right now.........opened one of the kitchen windows when I was cooking dinner and an icy blast met me! Won’t be going out tonight..........DH fancied walking round to the village pub.......will leave it. Sky is beautiful though..........very clear stars.

Night in front of the tv I think.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter