Something About Nothing ... #12

mac....hope you`re doing ok, docs appointments are never fun, sending lots of hugs your way....…. :hug:

Charade is it this weekend you go on your trip?? I thought it was August you left...….who am I thinking of...….if I miss you have a wonderful trip with your family...…..

bobbie….congrats to your daughter again......she is so like you!!!! Sounds like a wonderful night, and happy tears are always good tears......enjoy that buffet tonight.....

Fish pie is lovely......usually a winter warmer dish, but friends were down as the boats came in this morning and handed in some fresh fish and I had some shrimps and other fish, so fish pie it is......mashed potato on top with a beautiful creamy sauce inside.....it was lush!!!! Yes, don't know anyone who uses a travel agent anymore.....it`s so easy to do everything yourself......but these friends haven't been to the USA before as they have lived abroad for many years, and know how often we have been so pick our brains for their upcoming trip...…they`re staying for a month so I have a lot to plan...….yes, I did volunteer to plan this......lol......

Keisha.....spot on with your assessment as usual...….some of the boards on this site I have never even clicked on????

Yes, SW will be amazing.... I doubt I`ll ever see it, but I still like the idea of the hotel when it`s up and running.....I think that could be a real treat for Tom...…..yes, I`d suffer like that for him..….:rotfl:

Oh DL doesn't sound much better!!!! But, glad you got what you wanted......pleased to hear that......you`re definitely our resident expert on all things like that!!!! And other things of course.....:thumbsup2

Tofu...…..🤢🤢🤢 I put a piece in my mouth in the club lounge from a salad ......thought it was a large piece of chicken......oh lordy!!!! I wasn't very ladylike...….out it popped like someone had performed the Heimlich manoeuvre on me...….😉 Nope not for me...…..

Beautiful evening here......did go for a little walk along the beach this afternoon...….too nice a day to stay in.......we were only gone an hour or so, and missed three phone calls to the landline......of course.

Having a dark and stormy tonight......just the one...….ironing is all done, fish pie I cooked was delicious...….just enough for two and Kyle loved his mac n cheese........so, a lazy evening ahead...….trying to decide what to watch on tv tonight...…..

Sitting at the back of the house enjoying the last of the sun before it sets....and it is warm!!! Not sit outside warm.....but in our garden room it`s lovely.....time for rum!!!!

Tink - that is sad story but inspirational, thanks for sharing. Nice to know there are real hero’s out there, somewhere.

Carole Fish pie eh? IDK, not a fan of pot pies in general after eating far too many in my childhood when times were lean, filled with ‘mystery’ ingredients

Doing a 180 here for a Friday funny. Reminds me of my boys...I did’t do it mom laments

lol...….no mystery ingredients in this dish....I know what you mean though...

This is roughly what I make it with...….it`s a cookbook recipe I adapt a little.....

2 large shallots or 1 onion, peeled and chopped
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 40g butter
  • 1 large thyme sprig, leaves only
  • 4 tbsp Noilly Prat, dry vermouth or white wine
  • 4 tbsp plain flour
  • 250ml fish, chicken or vegetable stock (a stock cube is fine)
  • 200 ml milk
  • 4 tbsp double cream
  • 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
  • Monkfish tail chopped
  • 180g skinless salmon fillets
  • 250g skinless cod or haddock fillets
  • 200g queen scallops
  • 150g king prawns
  • 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Mashed Potato Topping
  • 750g Desirée potatoes, peeled
  • 75g butter, cubed (usually more is used)
  • 50ml hot milk
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 100g medium Cheddar cheese, grated
I think double cream is your heavy cream and king prawns are shrimp....large shrimp...…..and I miss out the thyme and add chives....and kind of use less milk and more cream......luscious dish!!!!

Always love when Tom looks like he wants to lick the plate...…😍

That is a cute funny.....beautiful dogs that breed!! Who used to have those type of dogs......was it Bonnie??

Good afternoon. Caspian survived his trip to the vet. He is in good health and has had his rabies vaccine for the year.
Went to the mall to do some shoe shopping. B found a pair that she liked very quickly. They are pink Skechers. I decided to get some more jeans since it looks like we will have some cool nights in CA. I had gone into the dressing room to try on a pair. As I was putting my old jeans back on the button popped off. I quickly paid for the new pair and then went back into the dressing room to put them on to wear home. I gues I was lucky that it happened today instead of next week while walking down Hollywood Blvd.
While I was shopping B decided to get me a little gift.1022AB95-F36E-4351-BC89-AF979F60BC74.jpeg

LOVE Cabana Bay, I’ve stayed in Disney Values too, but his has sooo many more amenities (including pool slides, hot tubs etc). We are in Thunderbird building, high floor facing pool. So easy to glance out and see if chairs available. Love the kitchenette-cup of coffee in hand, yogurt for breakfast, water chilling for later. We did buy pool drinks yesterday with the souvenir cup- hoo boy were they strong, but good. I think I drank two bottles of water to make up for it. Lazy river surprisingly isn’t too crowded!
Cabana Bay sounds really nice. I wouldn’t mind staying there sometime. Dh wants to stay at the Hard Rock next time just because it’s Hard Rock.

Morning:wave: It was a busy two days getting ready for Liv's scholar award last night. It turned out very nice. We had some family and friends join us so it was nice to share. For this event they pick the top 10 students from the 2 high schools. It was nice they gave the recipients a corasge with the school colors. There were a lot of family and friends as well as teachers. It was nice some of the teachers that Liv listed as influential for her came and they brought her cards and gifts. It was such a surprise but a wonderful thought. Liv was beaming all night and I had some tears (happy)through mine. The food was good and overall a great night.
Sounds like a really special night. I wish we had something like that here.

Back home from doc appointment and failed the test
Back Tuesday to the hospital for 4th test
Sorry to hear that Mac. Hope things are better next visit.

Near perfect evening in my book, he is so easy on the eyes. Did u see last Avenger’s movie Hahahaha what a hoot he is in it
I saw it, but was not happy about it. I hope thinks change back before the next movie. If there is going to be another Thor movie.

Saw a ton of that style of Skechers at ross this week on heavy discount, none in my size though. Would be hesitant to order online, they always seem to run huge.
I wish I had read this before going shopping. I may stop by our Ross anyway and see if they have any.

Charade is it this weekend you go on your trip?? I thought it was August you left...….who am I thinking of...….if I miss you have a wonderful trip with your family...
Thank you. We leave on Tuesday. Tomorrow and Sunday B has her final dance recital. This year’s theme is Hollywood.

Apologies for any mistakes. I had to switch from iPad to phone. I don’t really like posting on a phone.

EA886CD2-547C-4D20-B3D5-3D9F53D3D177.jpegNot sure how to fix it but view this afternoon. We are actually in Starlight building lol, not thunderbird. Thunderbird corner to Castaway is actually super close to walkway to Sapphire falls. I think we are in corner furthest from everything, but after Staying at Pop, Saratoga Springs and Coronado Springs it’s not bad at all. If you line up through slide tower we are on top floor there.
Went to parks for a bit saw Horror makeup show- different people than last time, and crying from laughing. No WAY that show would fly at Disney! Did ET. Checked out UOAP lounge- got our buttons for May and June will be there tomorrow. Betelgeuse came rushing into lounge while we were there- hilarious. Also saw MiB peeps: fab characters although did get interrupted by Scooby gang -minus scooby- who were looking for Scooby. Love love love the characters interactions at Universal! Spontaneous and hilarious! Thinking we may hit Bayliner Diner and head back over for a couple hours. Or not...no guilt over missing fast passes planned 60 days in advance here!
Back home from doc appointment and failed the test
Back Tuesday to the hospital for 4th test
hoping 4 is the charm! Hugs to you!
Oldest DS treating to celebrate my Mr’s BD, woot. Nothing much else planned for this weekend as Mr is working it. Somebody has to pay for those vacations.
sounds really nice!
I’m trying to wrap my head around trying CB but have a few reservations. Akin to the disney values some of the rooms seem so far flung from pool & bus stop. Decidedly not a fan at end of long day to have a longer hike back to room. Let’s just say I walked to parks once from RP and let it end there lo
I guess cuz I’m used to Pop and Coronado it’s no time bad at all. Bus situation is certainly better than Disney. We stayed proffered at All Stars and even then I think walk was longer.
Have you walked over to SF & hopped on the boat to parks? Wondering how long that whole process would take.
no but I’m tempted. Our building would still be a walk, but we could park the car right at walkway and then drive back. I think sapphire bus or water taxi would Ben just as fast as CB bus at end of night simply sienna to number of people waiting for CB bus. Long line but moved quick as busses line up one right after another. But it’s HOT there with no breeze.
I will always remember Michael as the little boy I took fishing every time he came to visit his Grandpa and for the awesome man he grew up to be.
wow what an actual hero! True heroes have lasting stories like these, what’s forgotten is the pain of the families coping with their loss, and families should be recognized for their pain. Hugs to you!
lol...….no mystery ingredients in this dish....I know what you mean though...
mmmm sounds very like a seafood casserole I make. I love it’s but family not as much.
Caspian survived his trip to the vet. He is in good health and has had his rabies vaccine for the year.
another battle won! I’ll be looking forward to any pics and posts you can do!

Hope you figure out the bonus trip Lynne, am renewing mine and middles pass, so looking to sneak in another trip (after HHN) with her before she hops off to college next fall

View attachment 404986Not sure how to fix it but view this afternoon. We are actually in Starlight building lol, not thunderbird. Thunderbird corner to Castaway is actually super close to walkway to Sapphire falls. I think we are in corner furthest from everything, but after Staying at Pop, Saratoga Springs and Coronado Springs it’s not bad at all. If you line up through slide tower we are on top floor there.
Went to parks for a bit saw Horror makeup show- different people than last time, and crying from laughing. No WAY that show would fly at Disney! Did ET. Checked out UOAP lounge- got our buttons for May and June will be there tomorrow. Betelgeuse came rushing into lounge while we were there- hilarious. Also saw MiB peeps: fab characters although did get interrupted by Scooby gang -minus scooby- who were looking for Scooby. Love love love the characters interactions at Universal! Spontaneous and hilarious! Thinking we may hit Bayliner Diner and head back over for a couple hours. Or not...no guilt over missing fast passes planned 60 days in advance here!
hoping 4 is the charm! Hugs to you!
sounds really nice!
I guess cuz I’m used to Pop and Coronado it’s no time bad at all. Bus situation is certainly better than Disney. We stayed proffered at All Stars and even then I think walk was longer.
no but I’m tempted. Our building would still be a walk, but we could park the car right at walkway and then drive back. I think sapphire bus or water taxi would Ben just as fast as CB bus at end of night simply sienna to number of people waiting for CB bus. Long line but moved quick as busses line up one right after another. But it’s HOT there with no breeze.
wow what an actual hero! True heroes have lasting stories like these, what’s forgotten is the pain of the families coping with their loss, and families should be recognized for their pain. Hugs to you! mmmm sounds very like a seafood casserole I make. I love it’s but family not as much.
another battle won! I’ll be looking forward to any pics and posts you can do!

Hope you figure out the bonus trip Lynne, am renewing mine and middles pass, so looking to sneak in another trip (after HHN) with her before she hops off to college next fall

It certainly seems to be unusually hot...….fabulous isn't it!!!! I`m sure you`re loving every second……..

It`s a lot thicker than a casserole, and you definitely know you`re eating a pie...….::yes:: It`s not really a summer dish, but so delicious, well Kyle doesn't think so....lol.........and yay on the extra trip planned!!!! Always good to do...….glad you`re having such a lovely time......and cruise still to come.....

Looks to be a lovely day here...….sun is shining and I`ve had first cup of tea.....think I emptied the teapot by myself!!! Will have breakfast soon when we are all up......well, Kyle and I are up...…..

No plans today, but I`m sure we`ll go for a drive out somewhere......we all need a turn…..think Kyle has driven most so far...…..we love it!!!!

Bacon and croissants on order this morning...…..:thumbsup2

Morning, all. Heartbroken this morning for VA.....this one hit close to home.

@Charade67 Getting excited for you!! Tuesday will be here before you know it! Hope you're able to check in and post the occasional pic while you're gone. :-) Glad Caspian AND you survived the trip to the vet!

@Monykalyn That pic just fuels my fire for 173 days (not that I'm counting or anything) to fly by! And YAY for an extra trip planned!!

@keishashadow I hated what they did with Thor in Endgame! I live in the Appalachian region....I can see that in WalMart! :rotfl2:

Other than a birthday party for my 3 year old nephew, not much going on here today. Hoping to find some time to spend in my sewing room to finish up a couple of quilt tops.

And speaking of extra trips planned. Nothing concrete yet, but I'm trying to work out dates to plan a brief solo trip in late September/early October to do HHN and quite possibly meet some of you happy shiny people. I'll know more after school starts back and we get the schedule for Homecoming week.

Happy Saturday, homies!

No fish fan here’s, so would never make any seafood pie or other. When we used to go to a holiday business dinner, the host always served a seafood stew. After several years of me not really eating it, the host asked why. I said I was not fond of fish, nor the smell of it, but I didn’t mind the meal. Next year, she served me a beef filet. So nice of her. I will eat shrimp if it is very fresh and cooked.

Happy Birthday to Pooh’s nephew. 3 year olds are so cute. I hope there is lots of cake and fun.

Gray start, but rain to hold off until later in the day. Not much planned. Little one is doing camp work, and older one wants to watch Godzilla, so tickets for him and I for the evening show. Little one is taking a pass.

With that, great picture MonyK, and nice gift from B to her mom.

Tea, why thank you.

Super Saturday to all the homies.

No fish fan here’s, so would never make any seafood pie or other. When we used to go to a holiday business dinner, the host always served a seafood stew. After several years of me not really eating it, the host asked why. I said I was not fond of fish, nor the smell of it, but I didn’t mind the meal. Next year, she served me a beef filet. So nice of her. I will eat shrimp if it is very fresh and cooked.

I made a fish stew many years ago....we had pizza that night. LOL! We've never met anything that swims that we won't eat, but it MUST be fresh.

I'll be anxious to hear what you think of Godzilla....we're still on the fence.

Morning, all. Heartbroken this morning for VA.....this one hit close to home.

@Charade67 Getting excited for you!! Tuesday will be here before you know it! Hope you're able to check in and post the occasional pic while you're gone. :-) Glad Caspian AND you survived the trip to the vet!

@Monykalyn That pic just fuels my fire for 173 days (not that I'm counting or anything) to fly by! And YAY for an extra trip planned!!

@keishashadow I hated what they did with Thor in Endgame! I live in the Appalachian region....I can see that in WalMart! :rotfl2:

Other than a birthday party for my 3 year old nephew, not much going on here today. Hoping to find some time to spend in my sewing room to finish up a couple of quilt tops.

And speaking of extra trips planned. Nothing concrete yet, but I'm trying to work out dates to plan a brief solo trip in late September/early October to do HHN and quite possibly meet some of you happy shiny people. I'll know more after school starts back and we get the schedule for Homecoming week.

Happy Saturday, homies!

It really is dreadful to see what happened there. It never ceases to be shocking.

If you do get dates for a trip then, pop over to the thread where many are listing their dates.....there are many of us who will be around over September.....

Happy Birthday to Pooh’s nephew. 3 year olds are so cute. I hope there is lots of cake and fun.

Gray start, but rain to hold off until later in the day. Not much planned. Little one is doing camp work, and older one wants to watch Godzilla, so tickets for him and I for the evening show. Little one is taking a pass.

With that, great picture MonyK, and nice gift from B to her mom.

Tea, why thank you.

Super Saturday to all the homies.

Oh we love fish in this house!!! Always have done......we have always been lucky enough to live beside fishing areas so everything has always been fresh and tasty...….I`m only not keen on heads on fish like Sea Bass and always have that in filets...….

Have a great Saturday...….

I made a fish stew many years ago....we had pizza that night. LOL! We've never met anything that swims that we won't eat, but it MUST be fresh.

I'll be anxious to hear what you think of Godzilla....we're still on the fence.

lol......I agree it has to be fresher than fresh.......we sometimes notice the smell in grocery stores of fish, which it shouldn't...….and wonder why folks buy it......we have fisherman down the beach that sell fresh as they land......always the best way. And our area is famous for crab....some of the nicest around!!!! Now I want crab...….:P

Funny thing is I don't like fish stew...….or fish casserole......but make it creamy in a pie....lovely!!! My friend makes an amazing bouillabaisse according to Tom, but I don't eat it.....not sure what it is......we all have our little idiosyncrasies I guess........::yes::

Last edited:
Good morning. Today is day 1 of recital weekend which means I will be gone almost all day. B has to be at the auditorium by 11:30. They have a show at 1:00 and then another at 7:00. I usually just attend one of the shows during the weekend, but since this is her last recital I decided to attend them all.

MonyK - I saw the whole Scooby gang when I was last at Universal. I’ve loved that show since I was a kid, so I just had to get a picture with them.

Pooh - Happy birthday to your nephew. I know I won’t be going to Orlando in the fall, but would like to meet if I’m ever in your area. If I remember correctly you live near the Natural Tunnel? I would like to see it someday.

Lynne - Dh wants to see Godzilla. B and I are going to pass.

Not a huge fish fan here, but I do like some. My favorite seafood is scallops though I don’t get to eat them often.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

You watch the coverage of the numerous gun violence on the tv so often, it’s difficult not to become just a bit numb, which should never happen in a sane society. no easy answer as to how to prevent but something has to be attempted to try.

All the fish talk had me tempted to post the fish heads video:duck: but going for good karma today :)

Last night dinner at neighborhood place that’s best in the area, near the rural far-flung ball field. they specialize in italian & bar food. Wings are quite awesome. Long wait, they have a small kitchen and struggle when crowded, but not an issue when you are in good company and in no particular rush IMO

What was rather gross was the fried fish smell that was literally permeating the dining room...Friday special:hyper: Not sure if the oil was overdue to be switched out (wings were great as usual?) or they needed new exhaust fan in kitchen but I feel the need to wash our clothing pronto, can still smell it, lingering. Yuck.

Hoping the Mr gets home from work early enough to sneak in Godzilla before the hockey game. Hey, it’s a classic lol loved since a kid, have sat thru all the schlocky offerings over the years

Charade - Lol re the hammer

Monyk -sounds like you are having a great time! CB is starting to tempt me.

Charade - Lol re the hammer
She also gave me a Wonder Woman keychain. I put WW with my keys and have the hammer hanging from the side of my purse.

B is trying my patience this morning. We need to leave in a few minutes and she isn’t even close to being ready. I have no idea what she has been doing all morning.

Janet, I think you need to adopt Tom every now and again......

He loves things like Godzilla and Star Wars type movies.......youse guys would be good company for him to go see all those that I really, really don't enjoy...…..I saw Godzilla as an 8 year old with my two cousins and they were whooping with excitement......I actually think it was the first time in my life I remember being excruciatingly bored...….:faint:

Food place sounds good last night, well minus the odour of over fried fish...….never nice!! Love a local place though that's worth waiting for. Enjoy the movie if you see it and the game.....

Three different meals tonight...…..Kyle had pizza.....he needed the oven at one temperature.....Tom was having oven cooked fish and chips....all frozen......and the oven needed to be higher.....we have a double oven with loads of shelves and an Aga......yet, they were rowing over who gets to cook on one single shelf.....lol...….Kyle won...….

I had spicy chicken, ginger and pineapple stir fry in lemon sauce....with plain boiled rice......it was so spicy, but delicious.....loads of fresh sliced ginger which Tom hates...…..lush!!!!

We all managed to eat at the same time too which we always do if we are all in.

Not sure what we`re doing tonight...…..I`m half asleep already and it`s 6.30pm...….no going out with friends tonight I think.

Ooh B had that pond water movement this morning. Enjoy her last recitals. Makes for a long day.

Some errands with the older one, now just relaxing. Some stores were hot inside. You can bet, I am enjoying our AC on, both in car and home.

A what for dinner. Our usual Chinese or other. Pizza does sound good, hope Kyle enjoyed eating his, since he won the oven war.

Ick, Keisha, I hate that fried stuff smell. I would taking a shower and washing my clothes pronto. I do that when my clothes smell of smokers’ smoke too. Air out the car as well. Two smells I also don’t like. At least the food was good.

Made chicken nuggets for lunch, with some bacon. Older one put his on a roll. I did not. Still have not heard a peep from little one. Guess they are not done the camp setting up work. I am thinking she will be home around 4 or 5 tonight. Then we do a quick dinner, and leave her with her iPad screen.

Will let ya know my thoughts on Godzilla.

And so sad to hear of another shooting of people in VA Beach last night. We should never stop trying to stop such horror.

We are at intermission of the first recital show. I enjoy watching the dances, but wish the show wasn’t so long.
I got a pleasant surprise today. Each year the studio awards a couple of small scholarships and other awards to a few of the dancers. There is one award, The Spirit of [Dance Studio] award, that has only been awarded twice since it was created. Today B became the third recipient of that award.

Intermission over.

Big Congratulations to B, Charade. That is awesome she received that award.

Well, it is a go. Another summer AP night, here we come. And now have to buy older one an AP. Hmm, couple of days before our January cruise? AP use.....

So, pizza won out, plus Parmesan Bites. When picked up, car smelled like garlic. Such a late dinner.

Well Godzilla was okay for me, I thought was too long, but my more loving monster kid thought was a great movie. And what added to the length was 50 minutes of previews. All but one, X Men one, was a definite no.

Quiet night, and both kids have camp work tomorrow. The mom alarm will most likely sound, as they have to be out of the house early tomorrow morning.

Mac, hope this finds you well. Sent an email to Tony, and got a response fast. May use him for our quick trip coming up in a couple of months, and still thinking about using him in the Fall.

Booked a last minute summer trip, late night flights both ways. The hotel at the airport was so expensive, was cheaper to add night to our hotel when gettin in. And to surprise my older one, a little bit more to stay at the Portofino over RPR. Not that he does not like RPR, but likes the Portofino style more, and he was not happy that last year, little one and I stayed in the Portofino, and had stayed with him at RPR. I figure I would rather not have to pack up and check out to check in, then to just check in very late night, and hope room ready, then we can crash and nothing planned for the next day. That is the plan, anyway. Flights and hotel booked.

Have a good night all!

Hope MonyK is enjoying her cabin, lucky duck.

403C57ED-C017-405C-8831-8846FF4FD0E2.pngB49A246D-0304-4363-B2C8-3C25F1B0F566.jpegF0726305-805C-4432-B1E5-F3101B05668A.gif

Sunday it is, and kids are almost out the door. Wash day it is, The sun is out, and another chance for storms. Even more humid, and again in the 80’s. Here is hoping we do not get those storms, like yesterday, all wet stayed North if us.

Hope all are doing great, and Schumi has a new driveway now, or soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter