Something About Nothing ... #12

Keisha, never tried making that Korean bowl dish, but there's a local Korean (no English menus) where I do get it every long so often. I point to what I like and say no to the stuff I don't. It is tasty, and I love looking at their food store on the first floor. Everything is so pretty there.

Darn, drank that coffee fast. Now time for more tea. Not gourmet by any means, but the water cooler has hot water, hot enough to make tea. So, I get my tea fix.

Mac.....I had my yearly check and 3 yearly dreaded lady exams yesterday.......turned up 25 minutes early and was taken straight away as everyone else had cancelled due to weather.......win win!!! Glad you didn’t have to wait long.....

Robo......I tried to log in earlier and it came up with licence out of date or similar.....but got on by bypassing it.....don’t like normally ignoring warnings on the computer.......Kyles pictures are held on his own computer, I don’t have them......but they are pretty cool! He’s after a new camera for the end of the telescope now.......wish he’d said before his birthday and we could have got him that!

Lynne, glad it’s not so cold for you......nearly Friday!!!

Keisha......yep, heaven help us from the sanctimonious among us!!! It didn’t go well with her today........it very rarely does though.......I think I bring out the worst in her and vice verse.......and my friend is so lovely, complete opposite.....and big meat eater!!! How she is somlim I’ll never know as she openly admits she eats like a horse......and never exercises!!!

Did I miss MonyK??? And big hello to everyone else.......can’t multi quote tonight.......

It is freezing today, tonight and to be even colder during the night and maybe snow tomorrow......not looking forward to that!

Went for lunch with friend and Tom......her vegan sister decided she wouldn’t go where we were going to have lunch, so friend happily dropped her off and said she’d see her later.........she complained she could smell the bacon as soon as she walked in my house......lol.......

Then my friend hadn’t seen all the changes we’d made to the house this year......so, showed them the kitchen changes, new downstairs bathroom, Kyle’s new bathroom, laundry room and utility room.......now, 3 out of them are variations of grey tones and effects, cabinets in utility are all grey.......but all rooms are different.........friend loved them all but vegan said oh grey will be so over in a few years............looked her in the eye and said then I’ll pay to get the rooms repainted and pay someone to rip them all out and replace them then if I feel like it......don’t you be worried, it isn’t going to cost you anything .........friend sniggered. Very negative and sanctimonious person.....not someone I care to spend time with. Thankfully she’s going back to Germany at the weekend......won’t see her for a couple of years again.....

Fun day though!! :D

Lazy night tonight........have a few things to organise for mum and I when we visit New York in June......just realised I haven’t booked the hotel yet!!! Oops......so, will do that and check out a few things for our March and May trips....

Hope your Wednesday is a good one.........

Oooh, I like gray in homes. Sorry such a negative person, friend's sister is. Bet your home is even more lovely, Schumi. Hope your snow does not stick around long.

Older one says large trench is in the street, across from our driveway. Sigh, may have to park on the other street too. And, may all cross toes and fingers that my heater guy can get into our street, and park in our driveway. I'm annoyed now.

Lynne
Sending mummy dust the dude can get to your street and drive way

You have waited long enough to get your heat back on

Schumi
Grey is a very popular room color where I am

I’m in no rush to repaint some of our rooms but when I do, a few of the rooms will be done with grey

When I say “when I do” the rooms, I won’t be doing the work but will hire a contractor for the work......

Quoted a few and typed a lot, but it did not show up. Dis is being wonky will try back later.

Robo, I clicked on your first post and could read what you did write out to us
I would have posted this earlier but just figured out what happened to you and your postings

Somehow what you posted after quoting other homies, became mixed into the post you quoted

You can do the edit on that post if you chose to

I have had that happen to me before when the Dis gets wonky
I type and find out it blended into a post I had quoted

Hope your day has been good and your temps are warmer

Thanks Mac. I went back and salvaged this mornings message. Thank you for your help. Was on my ipad.

Last edited:

Another Q for the group...

Has anybody flown either Alaska Air or Hawaiian? Just wondering if in same ballpark as to experience. Not finding much in way of comparisons online.

Keisha, never tried making that Korean bowl dish, but there's a local Korean (no English menus) where I do get it every long so often. I point to what I like and say no to the stuff I don't. It is tasty, and I love looking at their food store on the first floor. Everything is so pretty there.

Darn, drank that coffee fast. Now time for more tea. Not gourmet by any means, but the water cooler has hot water, hot enough to make tea. So, I get my tea fix.

Meant to say before that SAMS club now & again has the large boxes of Tim Hortons. I usually buy it a bit cheaper from Amazon, where I get the bulk of my kcups.

You are brave to order that way lol. Have always wanted to visit a city’s Chinatown, never anywhere that had one. Hope to rectify that this year :)

Schumi

I’m in no rush to repaint some of our rooms but when I do, a few of the rooms will be done with grey

When I say “when I do” the rooms, I won’t be doing the work but will hire a contractor for the work......

I always thought of grey as a neutral color. I get a kick out of grabbing handfuls of the paint samples & taping to my walls until I decide on new tones. Usually takes me a month or so to decide. Do love the actual process of painting, not so much of the clean up. Mr had a contracting business when times were tough back in 70’s and he’d get laid off. Humors me & hands me a brush till I tire myself out but pretty sure he paints over my work lol.

Chicken vegetable soup for dinner should warm us up a little.

I really like soup. I need to get better at making from scratch soup. Yours sound yummy.

Hi Bobbie :wave2:

We will take another half day on the trip to look at places in another area. I have narrowed it down to N/NE of Orlando and S/SE of Orlando. Roughly about 20 minutes or so from Orlando. I have about 10 places to look at and getting excited but nervous:woohoo:

You will know when you have found the right place. Part of the fun is visiting places to find out what fits for your family.

Robo, so glad to see ya post, and enjoy those minions too. Hoping you and your DH are feeling much better, and soaking up that Florida sun.

We are hanging in there....enjoying the warmer Florida weather for sure. Sending some Florida sunshine your way :sunny:

.Kyles pictures are held on his own computer, I don’t have them......but they are pretty cool! He’s after a new camera for the end of the telescope now.......wish he’d said before his birthday and we could have got him that!

Might just have to buy him a "just because your a great son gift".

Went for lunch with friend and Tom......her vegan sister decided she wouldn’t go where we were going to have lunch, so friend happily dropped her off and said she’d see her later.........she complained she could smell the bacon as soon as she walked in my house......lol.......

I laughed when I read this....:rotfl:

Oh Schumi, thanks for the morning laugh recounting your encounters with the vegan! Stay warm!

Lynne oh, that’s horrible about the trench. I hope heater people can get in, you’ve waited long enough with no heat!

Monykalyn congrats on your winnings and fixing garage door!

Mac BLT sounds good for dinner. I don’t always want a full meal at dinner. Sometimes we just have soup & grilled sandwiches open face. We may be getting a lot of bacon. Husband and friend have rigged up a smoker and are trying to smoke bacon. We had a sample of first effort today. Let’s say it needs a bit of work :rolleyes1
Yay for getting in early at Doc office!

Bobbie. Poor kitty! Hope the dental work goes well. My dog had to have several teeth pulled. I see a lot of Dunkin when we go to Fla, but no Timmies!

Robo I haven’t been to Mall at Millenia yet! Always have gone to the outlet! I’ve tried the Chick Filla? Can’t remember name right! But we like the strips, waffle fries yum and the lemonade. So yummy. I wonder if we have Popeye Chicken here, name sounds familiar. But haven’t tried it. Here we have Nandos and KFC. We don’t like the KFC.
I’ll take some of that 74 weather! 43 here!

Keishashadow :scared: that’s awful about the water coming thru the ceiling. Yikes. That happened to a friend. In her condo, one day there was a huge leak from ceiling above. Lots of water damage to her unit. Turns out and elder lady lives above her and forgot to turn off her tap. My friend was put up at a hotel (by insurance co) while her condo was being repaired. 3 weeks. Hope insurance company deals with it swiftly.
Alaska! That’s all I fly, great customer service. Flights run pretty much on time, and if they change schedule it’s only by a few minutes. Very reliable. I have their credit card, it gives you one companion fare/yr and zero baggage fee.
They also have direct flights to Florida from Seattle. So I either make the 3 hr drive to SeaTac or I catch the puddle jumper from here, part of the Alaska Family.

Good evening everyone. Another gloomy day today. I think we are supposed to get more rain tonight and tomorrow.

I got an email today regarding the room assignments for the upcoming band trip. I have the option of sharing a room with B, sharing with other moms, or having a room by myself (obviously the most expensive option.) I asked B, “You really don’t want to share a room with me do you?” She starts hemming and hawing so I finally let her off the hook. “No, you don’t want to share a room with me and I am not offended by that.” I’m okay with sharing with other moms, I just don’t know who else is going on the trip.

Enjoy your haircut Charade.....I get mine cut every 6 weeks or so....I have to or I’d feel like the wild woman of wonga!!!! My hair grows like wildfire though....not always length wise so it needs keeping in check.......
I had to google “wild woman of wonga” and discovered an old movie called “Wild Women of Wongo. It looks like something that should be on Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Napping has been my downfall too for getting a good sleep. Which is why I guess I’m up in the middle of the night on my iPad,
This is my problem too. If I take a nap I won’t sleep well at night. Then the next day I’m tired, so I take a nap. Then I can”t sleep at night.....

Brrrr! That’s so annoying. I hope you showed them your appt. card! Good thing you phoned to confirm.
I did bring the card with me. The girl at the desk asked if she could keep it to show to her office manager. As I was walking away I hear her say “This is the second one.”

Hope they come through with a raise!
Thanks Patty. Nothing has been mentioned yet. My boss is a big fan of raising the minimum wage to $15, but she isn’t paying me that much.

Tried pfaltzcraft (sP) but too heavy, same with Fiesta ware & dinner plates oddly shaped. Finally, decided we are a corelle family It takes a licking & keeps on ticking :)
When I worked in a department store I would occasionally get assigned to the housewares department. I thought some of the Pfaltzgraff patterns were really pretty, but the dishes were so heavy. We inherited some Corelle when my MIL moved to a nursing home and we have been using it ever since.

Happy Polka Dot day? Ok, gals (& guys) what’s your favorite polka dot color combo?
I don’t think I own anything with polka dots. A few years ago I almost bought B a dress that was orange with white polka dots. When she was 5 she saw a dress like that and just had to have it for Easter. I think I went to 3 stores before I found it in her size. She also wore it to her preschool graduation. If I find another one before the end of May I will buy it just to restage the graduation picture.

I am obsessed with Tim horton’s Coffee.
A few years ago dh had a student from Canada and she gave him some Tim Horton’s coffee and he was hooked. I know we have at least one TH here in Virginia, but it is in Virginia Beach. Too far to drive just to get coffee.

The conference that DH went to is in Orlando next year-decided we will take the kids and attempt to see Star wars land then. Will get it booked when we know conference dates for sure, hopefully same weekend in January.
A January trip will be fun. Dh has a conference every year, but it’s always in Vegas. I went with him once, but that was before B was born.

Love Cracker Barrel Sunday Dinner Special, Fried Chicken. Yum. So crispy. It comes with 2 breasts so daughter and I share and just order extra sides. I’ve only been to the one in Deerfield, Fl.
Olive Garden in Coral Springs on University was really disappointing. I’ve been in several in Washington and Orlando near WDW but that one was gross.
I love that Sunday chicken dinner too, but no one else will split it with me. I have probably been to that Olive Garden but it was so long ago.

Yes! Lowe’s finally opened in Canada. Love the Indy movie. Why is it always snakes, lol. The Indy ride in Disneyland is great.
I just looked up that ride. It looks like something I will be able to day. DH is already on board.

I had to put a call into the :cat: dentist today. I noticed one of mine has a weird smell from her mouth and she is older. This vet is the best dentist but lives far from me. Hopefully will get an appointment soon.
Hope she is okay and it isn’t too serious.

I see a lot of talk about TH...we use to have them around here but haven't seen them in years. We are over run with a Dunkin at every corner!! TH had great coffee!
We finally got a Dunkin a little over 2 years ago. It opened on Election Day. It took me longer to buy a donut that day than it did for me to vote for president.

Checked the weather for Sunday and the high in Orlando is predicted to be 64. I have never been to Universal when it’s been that cool. Kinda of looking forward to it. Even if it’s that cool and sun is out full shouldn’t be that bad. Will give this grandma a reason to wear my Gryffindor sweatshirt finally.
When I was there I was amazed at how many people were walking around in full house robes and even some scarves. I was in shorts and T-shirt and I was sweating.

she complained she could smell the bacon as soon as she walked in my house......lol.......
What a wonderful smell.

friend loved them all but vegan said oh grey will be so over in a few years.......
And her point is? We are seriously considering gray when we get around to repainting. Not because it is “in” but because we think it’s a color that will look good.

I’ve tried the Chick Filla? Can’t remember name right! But we like the strips, waffle fries yum and the lemonade.
Chick-fil-A is my favorite fast food. I grew up in Georgia where it was founded. I can remember when you could only find them in shopping malls.

Well, I think I’ve spent nearly an hour typing this post. I keep getting distracted my Mythbusters Junior.

That would be absolutely cool if you could find an orange dress with white polka dots for your daughter’s high school graduation!

A picture of her first graduation combined with her high school graduation would be something she would keep forever

You come up with great ideas !

That would be absolutely cool if you could find an orange dress with white polka dots for your daughter’s high school graduation!

A picture of her first graduation combined with her high school graduation would be something she would keep forever

You come up with great ideas !

Thanks. I can’t take credit for it though. I got the idea from seeing photo recreations online.

Bobbie
How did the vet visit go?
Or are is it coming up soon ?

Both of my cats have had teeth extractions
One cat at age 2, had most of her teeth extracted last April
Kitty has a generic condition and her gums and teeth enamel are not good

She does have two teeth still and has no issues eating
But we only give her can food and she lives to eat

Our other cat had two canines removed but didn’t have to wear the cone like other cat did

Dental work for cats is like putting a kid through college.... lol

Hope all the homies are doing fine
and have sweet dreams tonight!

Thanks. I can’t take credit for it though. I got the idea from seeing photo recreations online.

You’ll be doing all the work to get this project done and I applaud you for this special surprise for your daughter

It is a true act of love

Here is a picture of the original dress. Please excuse the crude photo editing. I would love to be able to find something similar.

v2qtlf.jpg

It’s adorable!

Hope you can make this happen as she will always remember it and all the love you put into this project for her

Schumi

Us too.....we don’t paint any more.......I used to enjoy it years ago and made not too bad a job of it.....but now.....yeah, we get the guys!!!

I always thought of grey as a neutral color. I get a kick out of grabbing handfuls of the paint samples & taping to my walls until I decide on new tones. Usually takes me a month or so to decide. Do love the actual process of painting, not so much of the clean up. Mr had a contracting business when times were tough back in 70’s and he’d get laid off. Humors me & hands me a brush till I tire myself out but pretty sure he paints over my work lol.

Grey is lovely.......I’m so happy with with everything we’ve done to the house this year and adding grey has only enhanced it........I used to humour Tom if he attempted to help when I used to paint a little.......I used to go over the bits he had proudly done......sssshhhhhhh!!! Don’t tell lol.......

I really like soup. I need to get better at making from scratch soup. Yours sound yummy.

Might just have to buy him a "just because your a great son gift".

I laughed when I read this....:rotfl:

Robo.....making home made soup is honestly the easiest thing in the world.......I’m sure yours would be fabulous as you do everything else so well. I don’t eat a lot of soup, but everyone loves it when I do......whether it be veg, a cream of anything soup, but most recently everyone loves my chicken noodle soup.......

Yes, I think we will get it for him.....but can’t surprise him as I don’t know the exact one to buy as it’s quite specific and I have no clue which one he would choose.........

The bacon may have been deliberate...........:rolleyes1

Oh Schumi, thanks for the morning laugh recounting your encounters with the vegan! Stay warm!

Robo I haven’t been to Mall at Millenia yet! Always have gone to the outlet!

Oh I’m so awful at times!! She is a lot of work and most folks like me and her sister don’t pander to her......which she doesn’t like.......but she’s never liked me anyway....lol.....although feeling is mutual. She is very passive aggressive and I call her out every time.......so it's never relaxing when she’s around.....which thankfully isn’t often!

Oh you have to go to Mall at Millenia.........one of our favourite places in Orlando. Stores are beautiful and good food options too........I even like the food court!!

Good evening everyone. Another gloomy day today. I think we are supposed to get more rain tonight and tomorrow.

I got an email today regarding the room assignments for the upcoming band trip. I have the option of sharing a room with B, sharing with other moms, or having a room by myself (obviously the most expensive option.) I asked B, “You really don’t want to share a room with me do you?” She starts hemming and hawing so I finally let her off the hook.

I had to google “wild woman of wonga” and discovered an old movie called “Wild Women of Wongo. It looks like something that should be on Mystery Science Theater 3000.

What a wonderful smell.

And her point is? We are seriously considering gray when we get around to repainting. Not because it is “in” but because we think it’s a color that will look good.

Rain is better than snow at least.........that’s what we have this morning.....lots of rain and we are above freezing which is always nice......

I’d go with the more expensive option of having a room to myself.......couldn’t share with a friend.....even my best friends and I always had our own rooms if we went for a girly weekend or even overnight.......

Wild women was a weird movie.......never actually watched it through.....

Yes, the smell was lovely........her problem is basically jealousy......always has been. She sees what others have and wants it, and begrudges anyone who has something she hasn’t......not a frame of mind I ever understand.....yes, we don’t go with what is popular we go with what we like and have a vision for with our home.......I don’t care if it goes out of fashion or isn’t popular......I prefer to do that usually.......

So, yes, we have rain......lots of rain.

Grocery shopping this morning and need to pick up a few items I’ve ordered for the bathrooms.......not exciting at all......

Very quiet day ahead I believe.........not sure what to do for dinner tonight........

Breakfast is toast and marmalade.......no sanctimonious vegans to annoy this morning.........:rotfl:

Have a great Thursday.........

Last edited:
Lots of rain here too. Been noisy at times. And sub pump working as well. Wash out indeed.

Kids are not moving very fast. House feels cool, so heater near me, even if already 52 out.

Gotta go, need that mom’s need for speed yell. Little one has midterms, so she was stressing late last night. Pond water moving can be shared by both kids.

Last edited:
Good morning :wave:...I get up every morning still even though I don't drive anyone any more. Liv can't get out of the house on time or without forgetting something. I still have to help her. It is rainy but warmer, so I will take it. :thumbsup2

Last night Charlie worked and Liv was home studying. Had an easy dinner pasta with tuna. I am thinking meatloaf tonight with mashed cauliflower/potato and corn. Everyone is home tonight. :-) It is rare that the teens have a day off together.

Last week our term 2 in the high schools closed. For the first time Charlie got straight A's:banana:. He was so happy as were we. It is so nice to see him on such a good path. He is making good choices, so fingers crossed it stays like that. Liv is stressing about her class ranking right now. She is in the top 4 and they are all close by like a tenth of a point. The problem is that if you take academic classes (art, computer, gym) your GPA actually goes downo_O. I have never heard of that. She took a nice creative writing class last semester and a photography class this semester. She is really enjoying it but has to worry about a GPA drop. We are hoping it doesn't effect it to much. You would think they would find a way to have this not happen. I think it is better they want to take some type of class verses a study hall.

Sue and Charade ... add me to the group of sleeping issues. I have the same problem and it is so frustrating. I did have a home sleep study but it was inconclusive so I have to try another one at the facility if my insurance will pay for it.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes for :cat: :goodvibes . ..I will post an update when I have one!

Mac thanks asking about the kitty:goodvibes. Well I went on the website for the vet and they have one of those put the information in and we will call you for an appointment. I did but they didn't yet. This morning I will be calling them for an appointment. I am giving her wet food right now ( I just do dry in my house) she really seems good and enjoying it:thumbsup2. I just want to make sure she is eating. If I don't hear from the dental vet I will call my vet. I am not happy with them right now and they don't do dental very well. I hope the specialist will call me. She is so good. I agree with :cat: dentistry and college:scared1:. Your cat would fit in here, we live to eat too:laughing: I am glad to hear your kitty does well. I am not sure how bad this is going to be yet!!

Lynne I hope you can post soon that you don't need a heater near you soon.:thumbsup2 I am glad that I am not the only one who has to do that in the morning. Oh I hear you on the midterms. Liv has her big final for her college class Tuesday and it is going to be a hard one. I hope little one does good on her mid terms. Our school system did away with mid terms.

Keisha I hope your DS gets somewhere quick with the insurance company. The insurance companies know how to act fast when it benefits them. I have had Korean food once and it is really good. The hot stone bowl recipe does sound really good. If you end up making it I would love to hear about it:thumbsup2

Schumi Glad that you had a nice lunch despite "the Vegan" lady. Sounds like you handled her very well :thumbsup2 We did put grey tint paint in our house and I really enjoyed it. Several years ago I wanted to do different colors in each room, so now we get to repaint them for selling. I think we are going to go back to a grey tint paint. I think it does a lot to a room. I would love to do more grey in it but they tell you to keep it as white as possible. How nice to be planning a trip with your mum, to visit family. New York in June should be very nice. I hope you get a hotel you want.:D

Robo Thanks and your right. I am excited to see all the new possibilities:goodvibes. We have a few ideas of what we want or need. The teens will be with us for awhile and I have the cats, which I need a certain set up for. I guess we will have to prioritize amenities we want. The biggest thing is the location. I really want to make sure I get it right. I hope the weather turns out good for you and you have a nice time. I know you are going to rock that Gryffindor sweatshirt:thumbsup2

Sue I hope the bacon smoker gets better:thumbsup2...Last year Brian used our smoker on our grill for the first time. He read for hours all the best tips:rolleyes:. He decided he would do my turkey I had. Now Turkey dinner is one of my favorite meals. It is one of those meals don't mess with>:(. Well I let him have my turkey and he wrecked it. I have never seen a turkey so dark and taste like burnt wood. It was one of the saddest things I saw on my dinner table:sad2:. He wants to try again but I told him, nope not with my turkey:D. Thanks for sharing about your dog's dental, I like to hear other people's stories.

Charade You are so much braver than me:D. I could not share a room with other moms. I can barely share a room anymore with my gang:laughing:. I hope it all works out for you, school trips can be stressful. I love the idea of finding the same type of dress. :laughing: that sounds like my Dunkin run every time!!!!

Patty Thanks and yes it is...I hope you are melting away up there:thumbsup2

I hope this family has a great day, stay dry or get warm:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter