Something About Nothing ... #12

Actually it may, Mac. That's the countdown to Christmas Day. We'll be enjoying the FLA sun, and no snow, 14 days after Christmas. No family holiday trip this year. Next year, already have RPR booked for end of year. I know, even if we all cruise then, we'll still have to visit Harry's parks.

We have at least 9 inches and the snow is still falling.

Eek- that's more than we have on the ground! Hope the weather turns better!:)

Hope tomorrow gets better....this vacation can't come soon enough.

Only 3 more days!!!:cool1:

:santa: counting down.......15 is the number

:goodvibes Yay!!!

Happy Monday all!!

img_6542.jpg

The snow is over. I think it finally stopped around midnight. We probably got somewhere between 9 and 12 inches. Everyone in my house is staying home today.

South is no fun with snow. When we were stationed in NC, a little bit of snow, lots of accidents, spin outs, and sliders. Locals rarely had all season, let alone winter tires. We both grew up driving in snow, and have always kept all season tires on our vehicles, no matter where located.

Where in NC were you? It snowed the first winter we lived in NC. B was only 3 and it was her first snow. We ended up spending 2 hours outside in the snow that day.

I arrived home and the satellite was out again so I crawled under the deck to make sure Jack hadn't been chewing again. It looked okay but the area where the pipe was taped together was bent but not chewed up so I did all the usual fixes and still no signal. I called directv and the earliest they can come is Wednesday morning so no TV for 3 days.

On no. Hope you can get that fixed sooner.

And hey, a hehe,
images
-- yeah, as I said, 25 this morning. Light weight winter coat on.

This picture is so true. When I lived in Miami people would complain that it was freezing when the temps got close to
70 or lower.

Eek- that's more than we have on the ground! Hope the weather turns better!:)
We are supposed to have some sun and temps in the 40s this week.

I guess I am going to have to help dh shovel some snow. He put ice melt on the driveway, but it was no match for yesterday’s storm.

We were in Ft. Bragg, Charade. Before kids. Glad to hear all home, with that amount of snow. Yep, have to help DH shovel too, when we get snow. I get the job of clearing off cars too.

So sunny right now. What? 37 degrees. Yeah, no frostbite, but warm coat on, with those sunglasses.

Airfare and rental car booked. 57 in Orlando right now. Better be at least in the high 70's next month. No matter, will still pack a bathing suit or two. Hey we will go to VB at least once.

Almost done shopping. No more baking, that's for sure. Decided you homies already wrapping, decided to start this week. I like bags, put the gift in, fluffy the tissue paper, and it's wrapped. We recycle those bags too. I have an old Mouse one that's a huge fabric one, and that comes out every holiday season time. Sometimes I have it, sometimes another family member does. Gosh, it's December all! From one holiday to another, woot!

Quiet for a Monday, just the way I like it. School buses still make the commute a tad longer. Like 10 to 15 minutes longer when school is in session.

Checking in too. Avoiding boss as I gave notice over weekend. Hate this part-obviously wouldn't leave if happy...ugh. Gave long notice til start full with new company though. Think 27 months is shortest I've stayed with a job...she will be in town on Wednesday and wants to talk...:sad2:

Did some shopping last night-from the comfort of my couch. Kids nearly done. Need to order some Universal GC for the ones who are coming, and just a check for the one who isn't. Flight prices with Frontier aren't bad at all right now if she wanted to come for a couple days (~$150 RT) especially flying into JAX and out of MCO.

Eek Tink hope the dish people can come sooner! Like mac-we changed to cable this year (after 10+ years with Direct tv). It is nice to watch the weather when the storms hit- especially with tornado season. Have weather radio but that just gives the warnings/watches.

Charade-wow-you guys got all the snow we didn't I guess!!
I am with Lynne-better be warmer in Orlando this year than last year!!

Six Flags for Holiday in the Park.
Sounds fun! but brrrrr. We haven't had season passes to Silver Dollar city in a few years, but we would go several times this time of year to see the shows/lights. Usually too cold for many rides-even if temps allowed for operation; going 60 mph when its 45 degrees out on a coaster is cold cold cold!

sigh-lunch over...

We were in Ft. Bragg, Charade.

My father was stationed there when he and Mom met. My mom is from Raeford, NC.

We got the driveway cleared. This is the only time of the year when I miss Miami. B’s school is closed tomorrow. I will probably go to work though I have a feeling that many of our clients won’t show.

That is so cool Charade. Nope, we are both from suburbs here, where we met in school. Followed him, but not to Korea, as I was pregnant with older one, and wanted him born here.

Guess B is happy to have another day off. Little one would like that, just not the snow. She is feeling better, had a prescription, but it is almost done, which is good, though it makes her sleepy.

Made delicious thick, strip steaks on the grill. Good thing the grill is right by the door. Cold is the word for today.

Sitting in a hotel near Leesburg FL, just had a nice visit with my 94 year old Mom. We went to Cracker Barrel and got ridiculous amounts of food. There is a microwave in our room so we brought back 2 boxes full of chicken and dumplins (their spelling) biscuits, mac and cheese and hash browns. As we were getting our stuff out of the trunk at the hotel a young couple walked up and asked if there was anything they could do for us...wash our windows, carry our luggage..he said they didn't want a handout, they were just trying to earn enough money to eat at the Ruby Tuesdays next door. So Molly gave him the leftovers. He said "Seriously?" and thanked us over and over. It was cool.

Very nice of you Squirtz, and also nice you had a nice visit with your mom.

Well, another balmy start. 24 degrees out. Darn it, ice scrapper needed again. But hey, I can see the stars. Took a longer than I thought shower this morning. Last night, I just could not feel warm. Fell asleep on the couch, and woke up when older one said, mom, it's 11:30, I'm going to bed. Yeah, and I'm right behind ya. Next thing ya know, I'm like where's the alarm? And then alarm goes off. Sweater on, here's hoping the inside temp is warmer than yesterday. We all know a Monday can be either a little too cold, or a little too hot. Tea is already on it's second cup. Sigh. The cold. Not particularly liking it.

But hey, what will warm you up, is to add jalapenos to your tacos. Schumi would like that. Yes, homies, Taco Tuesday is upon us.
images
Mac may be seen at Taco Bell today, as it's a Tuesday. I think they still have those rolled chicken tacos, so a spotting of her is in the cards. Me, maybe. There is yummy steak left over, so steak tacos? Maybe, that is, unless older one, who's now finished school, is home today, and hungry. Kindly let little one take his car to school. Don't think he's that kind to his sister though, it just means he doesn't have to do the taxi service by taking her to school, and gets to sleep in. --- see why he was up at 11:30 last night.

With that, pictures are needed, as pictures can be a better reminder of what day it is:

images
and
images
. But lest you forget, here's a wish that:
images
, I hope so, for all homies.
images

A quick good morning. I’m going to head out to work soon. Hopefully there isn’t too much ice on the roads. 21 degrees right now, but supposed to get up to 42.

So nice of you Squirlz!! :)

Ick on needing the ice scraper, Lynne! It's a balmy 27 here! Luckily, my windshield wasn't frozen this morning:thumbsup2 We're going to see the 40's by Thursday!!:cool1: Pool day!:laughing:

Have a great Taco Tuesday all!!

tuesday-meme-3.jpg

So nice to have temps of 42 than 21 charade

Pattyw, hope your area warms up to !

We are predicted to be in the 50’s this week
and hope no more rain

So nice to have temps of 42 than 21 charade

Pattyw, hope your area warms up to !

We are predicted to be in the 50’s this week
and hope no more rain

Anything above freezing is a blessing!:) Come on El Nino- give us a mild winter!:thumbsup2

Yay for 50's Mac!!:cheer2:

Good morning SANS family :)...Popping into say hi and see how everyone is:thumbsup2.

It was a cold start here this morning only 20 would love to be doing this right now :beach:. It should reach low 40's today or tomorrow. Anyway the band Christmas concert was last night. It was very nice and enjoyed it very much. Everyone played great there were a few instrument mishaps but everything was fixed.:banana:.

Today is catching up on stuff and trying to stay warm till I get a hot flash :sad2: then I have to get cold:scared:.

I think tonight's dinner will be pumpkin sauce over pasta with chicken. It is nice and easy and a cheat dinner. I think I will run up to Big Y they have a nice sale on steak for tomorrow.

Speaking of taco Tuesday. I drive by the new Taco Bell every day and it is getting closer to opening.:) The teens are very happy about this. My side of town doesn't have as much for take out.

Monykalyn I hear you on the cold cold cold at the parks. A couple of years ago we were at 6 flags in NJ on my favorite giga coaster in 32 degrees. I have never been that cold. We were going about 80 mph. I didn't know icicles could be so brutal on the face :(... but the lights were really pretty:D I hope you can have a couple of more comfortable weeks at your old job. It is such an awful feeling to be like that. Good luck!

Squirlz What a great way to help out someone in need :goodvibes. We have a gentleman here at one of our Dunkin and he is out there all the time. He seems like a nice guy and instead of giving money Brian buys him food and he is very appreciative. You can tell that he is genuine in his need. It stinks that people have to worry about their families and themselves getting hurt just to help people. Nice to hear you had a nice visit with your mom:goodvibes

Patty :dancer:... It's getting close!! Yay!! I had that frost on my car window this morning>:(.

Mac If you do the border run today I hope you enjoy it and your weather is good for you!:thumbsup2

Charade glad your storm is over and 42 could melt some of that stuff. I hope the roads weren't too icy. It's funny when Liv was little I wished for snow days now I do the "go to school dance" :teeth: because I want them to get earlier in June:yay:.

Lynne Great way to stay warm is with tea :cloud9:... LOL that's always a good reason to let someone borrow your car. I hope you got nice warm with your shower.:goodvibes

:wave2: to all the SANS family is absent this morning. I hope everyone is having a nice day in whatever they may do!!!

I think tonight's dinner will be pumpkin sauce over pasta with chicken

That sounds good! Please share your recipe!:)

We have a gentleman here at one of our Dunkin and he is out there all the time. He seems like a nice guy and instead of giving money Brian buys him food and he is very appreciative. You can tell that he is genuine in his need.

That's so nice of Brian!:)

Made it to work this morning. The roads were very icy. The streets were cleaned pretty well, but not the parking spaces. I managed to get one fairly close to the door though. We are supposed to have sun for the next few days and then warmer and rainy for the weekend. Hopefully all the snow will be gone by then.

Anyway the band Christmas concert was last night. It was very nice and enjoyed it very much. Everyone played great there were a few instrument mishaps
B’s concert was supposed to be tonight, but it is getting rescheduled to Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I am hoping for Wednesday. If it is on Tuesday then she will have to miss her piano lesson unless we are able to reschedule.

Charade, glad to hear you safely arrived. Icy roads are definitely not a fun ride. Hoping the sun and warmer temps rid you of the snow. Will be sloppy with all the melting and rain. We get a chance of rain tomorrow night, and then better chances as the week ends. Went for a lunchtime walk. 32 degrees out. Yay! Freezing. But full sun, though a breeze, so hat and gloves are the fashion needed with the sunglasses. Sad to say. LOL I need 80's right now.

It's a what for dinner. Both my kids, and probably me too, would not like the pumpkin sauce Bobbie. We like the old stand by, tomato based, and either my made or certain brands are the only choices. Little one is mighty fond of pasta. I guess it's from the numerous pasta parties held at end of school soccer these past 3 years. Me, I like pasta because it's an easy meal. And a cheap one too, as I always try to find the pasta on sale. Hey, I think I have some chicken in the freezer, if no one has gotten to it, may be it's not taco night, but chicken parm, and pasta. Little one will not eat the chicken though. That's okay, both the men in my house are good at finishing off anything left over. Which as predicted, no steak to be found when I come home. Older one found some rolls I bought the other day, so steak sandwich was on the menu for lunch. Complained he was without a car, but I reminded him, taxi service is part of that deal. Growl is all I got, and then was told he could go to the store for me, when little one gets home. Another growl. I did pick up some lunch stuff for him during my walk. Smart grocery store built it's store right across the street, and we have a full sized refrigerator, so it makes it might nice to do some family grocery shopping during lunch time, instead of a stop on the way home. Only thing, I forget sometimes, to bring it home. Then a change in dinner plans is usually needed.

It looks so lovely out. Bright, beautiful sun, but nope that thermometer doesn't lie. Warmth from the sun is not helping.

giphy.gif
::yes:: And of course, need a dog meme:
dog-winter-memes-21.jpg
and he's right. LOL

:surfweb: Large cup of coffee, hot. Yep, I need caffeine. ::yes::

Schumi
Was hoping you would post by now to let us know you made it back home safely

Hope all is fine for you, Tom and Kyle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter