Something About Nothing ... #12

:disrocks:

Many thanks to youse homies.
Nice to have BD wishes from Schumi, tink, Lynne, Keisha, pattyw, ckmiles and Tgrgrl.

I laughed at the smilies Schumi, pattyw and Lynne sent my way.
I do love those minioinions, and cats

And of course love the smilies from tink, ckmiles and tgr

Keisha slays me with her poetry.......

Thank you all!

Schumi, I know many civil service and federal employees that retire at age 50.
Common once you have the required number of years in on the job and be able to retire with medical benefits in some cases at 50.

And then there are some companies that also allow with 20 years in on the job to retire at 50 with specific benefits.

Some take on a new career or part time work or just stay retired.

You are never too young to retire ...........

Schumi, I know many civil service and federal employees that retire at age 50.
Common once you have the required number of years in on the job and be able to retire with medical benefits in some cases at 50.

And then there are some companies that also allow with 20 years in on the job to retire at 50 with specific benefits.

Some take on a new career or part time work or just stay retired.

You are never too young to retire ...........

Lol......I was 35 when I retired!! Although did help my friend out with her firm of podiatrists and surgeons for longer than planned......you remember that I know lol......bless her! Although I should add even then I hadn’t worked full time since before Kyle was born.........I was very lucky I just did some work now and again for fun and pass some time while he was at school........:thumbsup2

So many seem to be saying they have to work beyond when they want to work........I would hate that!!

Hope your birthday has been a nice one.........:D

Funny day again.......weather changed every half hour!!!

24 sleeps for us till our trip.............yours is even closer Lynne!!!

Hi Sans family!! I got back late last night and had to clean up till the wee hours in the morning. The cats made a nice mess for us and I can't go to bed until it is clean.

The trip was lots of fun! The teens that have not been there loved the park and the rides. We got to do everything we wanted even though we did battle rain for two days. I was a little disappointed in our hotel this time. The club level has changed a lot and I really didn't feel it was worth the money this time. I spoke with the woman who runs it that we have become friends with through the years. She said the new CEO is all about cutting stuff. She is not happy because regular guests like us won't want to return in the future. I will not go back to the club level there after our October trip! There were a lot of gnats like walls of them at night. It was really gross. Their season is late this year so we were smack dab in the middle of it. We didn't go to the park after the first night. The best part was seeing how happy the teens were. The coasters are amazing and we always enjoy them! I got to ride the new Steel Vengeance. It is the world's tallest and fastest hybrid coaster built by RMC. It was amazing and it lived up to it's hype. All of the other coasters we wanted to ride were open. Last time we went Top Thrill Dragster was closed and I was so sad. It is a launch coaster at 120 mph and goes up 420 feet straight up then down. It is amazing! It was a successful trip and can't wait to go back in October for Halloweekends.

Hi Mac I am so glad I was able to get on today to wish you a Happy Birthday and have a great day! Sorry about the blood draw I totally understand. Thanks again for everything you do on the boards and for us.

orange cat bd.jpg

Schumi I am glad you love your new cordless vacuum it sounds really nice. It sounds like your breakfast with your friends was very nice, I enjoy when that happens.

LynneG- I am sure you are excited and I hope you have a great trip and safe travels! I can't wait to hear about it!

Pattyw - I am so glad to hear how happy you are having your son home for awhile. I can only imagine how it must feel! I am not sure if I will ever know we joke Olivia may never leave home. LOL!

Buckeev- thank you and I hope your trip continues to be great!

Keisha- Sorry you had some bumps getting started at the hotel. I hope everything goes great the rest of the trip! I was sorry to hear you had a problem with Breakers. We haven't encountered any cleaning problems at breakers. We like indoor water parks and usually stay at Kalahari in Ohio or Penn. I will have to look into Castaway Bay! This trip was strictly the dry park.

Tink1957- I was sorry to hear about the fire ants and the bites. I have never experienced it and hope I don't have too. I hope all is better now.

Charade67- It would be so great if you can get selected to chaperone the band trip! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Kohlby- Thanks for the good trip wishes it worked!

:wave: to Robo, Ckmiles,Tgrgrl, Monykalyn and I hope I didn't miss anybody!!

I am off to finish lots of laundry and order some take out!

Thanks Bobbie!
I appreciate you and all the homies!

Sounds like you had a great trip with the exception of the hotel club room.
Isn't it nice to have another trip planned for that park already!
Halloween will be a good time to hit their decorations and entertainment they have for the event.

You know you are back to real life when you mention doing laundry........lol

Hi Sans family!! I got back late last night and had to clean up till the wee hours in the morning. The cats made a nice mess for us and I can't go to bed until it is clean.

The trip was lots of fun! The teens that have not been there loved the park and the rides. We got to do everything we wanted even though we did battle rain for two days. I was a little disappointed in our hotel this time. The club level has changed a lot and I really didn't feel it was worth the money this time. I spoke with the woman who runs it that we have become friends with through the years. She said the new CEO is all about cutting stuff. She is not happy because regular guests like us won't want to return in the future. I will not go back to the club level there after our October trip! There were a lot of gnats like walls of them at night. It was really gross. Their season is late this year so we were smack dab in the middle of it. We didn't go to the park after the first night. The best part was seeing how happy the teens were. The coasters are amazing and we always enjoy them! I got to ride the new Steel Vengeance. It is the world's tallest and fastest hybrid coaster built by RMC. It was amazing and it lived up to it's hype. All of the other coasters we wanted to ride were open. Last time we went Top Thrill Dragster was closed and I was so sad. It is a launch coaster at 120 mph and goes up 420 feet straight up then down. It is amazing! It was a successful trip and can't wait to go back in October for Halloweekends.

Hi Mac I am so glad I was able to get on today to wish you a Happy Birthday and have a great day! Sorry about the blood draw I totally understand. Thanks again for everything you do on the boards and for us.

View attachment 344898

Schumi I am glad you love your new cordless vacuum it sounds really nice. It sounds like your breakfast with your friends was very nice, I enjoy when that happens.

LynneG- I am sure you are excited and I hope you have a great trip and safe travels! I can't wait to hear about it!

Pattyw - I am so glad to hear how happy you are having your son home for awhile. I can only imagine how it must feel! I am not sure if I will ever know we joke Olivia may never leave home. LOL!

Buckeev- thank you and I hope your trip continues to be great!

Keisha- Sorry you had some bumps getting started at the hotel. I hope everything goes great the rest of the trip! I was sorry to hear you had a problem with Breakers. We haven't encountered any cleaning problems at breakers. We like indoor water parks and usually stay at Kalahari in Ohio or Penn. I will have to look into Castaway Bay! This trip was strictly the dry park.

Tink1957- I was sorry to hear about the fire ants and the bites. I have never experienced it and hope I don't have too. I hope all is better now.

Charade67- It would be so great if you can get selected to chaperone the band trip! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Kohlby- Thanks for the good trip wishes it worked!

:wave: to Robo, Ckmiles,Tgrgrl, Monykalyn and I hope I didn't miss anybody!!

I am off to finish lots of laundry and order some take out!

Kalahari in Sandusky had camel rides last time there. Like how they have the various suites & primos there. Glad u got to ride the new ride

Bobbie, so glad your trip was a hit, even with rain and not so good club food.

Keisha, hope you have survived Epcot and pool or whatever GD roped you into. Enjoyed seeing your party pictures.

Luggage pulled out of closet. Little one said she had more wash to do. Um, not fond of late night wash, but put a load on for her. May make her go down to put in dryer.

Mac, glad you had a good birthday, hope your night sees you still celebrating.

Catchup time!
Schumi-ugh mo fun no matter how short the bug!

Keisha- love the pic! I like 1900 PF so much for breakfast I went on my bday and dragged the entire family (all kids and grandkid) again in June! Never too old for characters!

Mac- glad the blood draws are over. I’m a blood donor and usually have a newer phlebotomist stick me once the older ones see my good veins. And since I started this post yesterday and still catching up now: (LOL):bday::bday:!!! wooo!

Bobbie-sounds like an awesome time!

Charade-laundry and house stuff-yep what I've done all weekend too! Laundry and cleaning yesterday, today sheets and changing of bed linens.
Robo-hope you are continuing to heal and doing better!

Patty-nice to have the kiddo home!

Lynne-woohoo almost time

Oldest DD left for college yesterday, settling into her apartment for the year. Summer/other dtr left today. So back to quieter house, and smaller food bills again. Tonight was roasted pork tenderloin (did some garlic/herb paste on it), seared and roasted in the cast iron, then lemon/butter/wine pan sauce to finish it with buttered new potatoes with garlic and parmesan and veg medley. Summer kid wanted to go to local wine shop as her mom wanted a wine (she is not yet 21) so we went last night. Of course can't go into the place without getting me something too-popped open a very nice red blend for the evening.
Major storms rolling through now-usual severe storm warnings/tornado watches/warnings. Chickens at least are finally in their coop. Had to entice with meal warms earlier this afternoon as they were hiding behind shed during earlier downpour! Those feathers act like a rain slicker, but it is when wind and lightening start that they need to come in.

Watched a movie called "Tag"-don't know when we have laughed so much. And it had Jeremy Renner and Jon Hamm in it so ya know, visuals not bad at all!

I know I have missed some so hope those peeps are also doing well!!

back to reality tomorrow (well for some of us):sad:

Monyk, thanks for the bd wishes

I know you will miss your daughter now she is off to college

But she may be coming home more during school breaks

Lynne, your countdown is now in hours for the motherland trip
Safe travels!

Mac- hope you're still partying away!!:cool1:

Schumi- Your countdown is close!!:thumbsup2

Bobbie- Glad you had a great time! Sorry about the club level- why do companies think it's a good idea to cheap out? It just sends people away!

Lynne- You're getting so close now!:cheer2:

Keisha- Enjoy the rest of your trip! :)

Monyk- Nice that DD is settled for school! Bittersweet having a quieter house- but yay for smaller food bills!!:thumbsup2

Laundry and organizing done today!! Time to have a little wine! :)

170330163611-wine-glasses-stock-super-tease.jpg

I like you came here this evening as you brought sooo many cool birthday pic wishes
They included the things I ♥️

One topped the other

Lol

Ordered a pizza for dinner and watching law and order

Have an early morning planned tomorrow

Good night homies

Leave the light on for any late night drop ins here

I like you came here this evening as you brought sooo many cool birthday pic wishes
They included the things I ♥️

One topped the other

Lol

Ordered a pizza for dinner and watching law and order

Have an early morning planned tomorrow

Good night homies

Leave the light on for any late night drop ins here

Pizza sounds good!!!! Glad you had a good day............

Needed the light you left on this morning.........fairly dark here already..........little misty too.......but you can see the change in light now..........getting darker so much earlier at night and staying darker that little bit later in the morning.........surely winter can’t be on the way..........we haven’t had our summer vacation yet!!!! Well, technically September is autumn........but......you know...........:D

Robo.......love YOUR pictures!!!! Nice...........hope you’re doing ok too..........

MonyK.......glad your daughter is all settled into her place.........food sounds good!! And yes, I’m sure home will be so much quieter for a while..........:hug:

Getting our paint delivered today........decorator ordered it and arranged for it to come to us today, ready for him to start tomorrow...........cannot wait!!!

Rooms are almost all clear except for blinds that will come down tonight and last minute things we need in the kitchen..........

Quiet day ahead..........

Welcome to Monday friends, hope y'all had a good week-end.

HeHe, birthdays are almost here, and birthday trip almost here. Making a list, checking it twice. Left little one to sleep, as always an early rise for me.

Another cool day for a late August day. Car turned on its lights for the whole commute. HeHe, had my sunglasses pushed up in my hair, well just in case. No sun to be had, a dull gray cloud cover, with a high not reach even 80 today. But, no rain is predicted, that's the forecast for the rest of the week. Chances of rain, and down pours every day. That better not be Florida's weather cast. Hot and sunny for the next two weeks will be much appreciated. Even picked up another bathing suit. Hello, I want lizard hot weather, and beautiful warm nights.

With that, tea is needed, and back to the list. Oh my, it is getting close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter