Something About Nothing..........#11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homie Gina, you will find some Fridays in May bring in the local school kids for a field trip.
They are only around for the school day.

Weather is so nice today at 81.
It doesn't drop until sundown which will take it to 75 then.

If any of you go to hhn tonight and leave at 2:00 am, it will be a nippy 64 then

Good to know, mac :thumbsup2 . We arrive on a Friday and depart on a Friday (May 1st and May 8th) so those will be our lesser-visited days of the week, anyway. Should work out perfectly!

Welcome Gina. :-)

Thanks, Bluer :goodvibes .

Well, signing out for a little bit. I have to get up at 4AM for my flight. I will have my laptop with me and will check in from time to time...

Safe travels!

:wave2:

back in purple...

well, my body is back home here but not my mind.
still in vacation mode.

a quick drive by to say hi to all the homies.

now that i am awake, kind of, i glanced back at the posts in the thread and see i missed somethings.

the change of routine will take me a few days now that I'm at home.
i keep thinking i will go outside to the pool and the waitstaff will come around for my order.
should i get the steak wrap or nachos today?

schumi, hugs for you, that is so sad about your friend.
hang in there.

bluer, well you posted something i was gonna post back at but forgot what it was.
anywho, so i'll just say it was a great 5 days with you and the gang.

the people in my house were glad to have me back home.
even the cats remembered me.
they all think i will do a home cooked meal for dinner.

i'm fooling them and doing carry out for the evening meal.

the un-root canaled tooth is barking at me today, but hanging in there with the bridge. sure will be glad when process is over.

has everybody caught TWD yet?:eek: 1st few minutes blew me away.

carole - that is hard news to hear, had to be a shock, a shame so young.

I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me a week ago this past Sunday....someone hacked my paypal account and made three purchases to something called Nexon America (apparently which operates out of South Korea) before I was able to stop them. Happily all was well that ended well (my mastercard was cancelled and reissued, paypal refunded me all monies) but it was still a pain in the rump to get fixed.

Hey, I guess I should ask....is there room for one more in this little group? We are planning our next trip for May 2015, just me and the husband (our will-be-19-year-old-by-then has opted to stay home and not miss work). Planning to get Universal AP's and make our next 3 vacations Uni-based. Would love to hang out with all of you while we count down the days. I can be very charming.... honest :flower3: .

more the merrier! in the group here, not with the fraud lol

I was so worried when the youngest DS decided to opt out of our vacations...silly me;) I still admit to missing my 'adult' kids but it's nice to have just he & me trips too. I have found the older two who also ditched us are now clamoring to travel on ma's dime.:rolleyes1

we've done the 2nd week of may thru end of July over the years, mostly May to work in Star Wars Weekends @ MGM pre Universal. The earlier the better in the way of crowds imo. We have fallen into some amazing rates the last week in May checking out pre Memorial Day.

Onsite at U is always a joy, although I was none too happy with the express line last Wednesday & Thursday in the parks. Hotels were near 100% occupancy but I still can't help wondering if they oversold the EPs for that day, have never experienced consistent 30 - 45 waits in the EP line.
Now on a side note I want too apologize to all if I was stand off'ish and probably said somethings that I should not of it was me no one elses fault being in pain makes you act different..

hope u are feeling better soon.

Hi everyone! Why is it that every fall, I never have time to catch up?! :confused3
School with 3 hours of homework a night, soccer, golf, football and work have taken all my play time away! Hope everyone is doing well!

Why do I see no pictures from these alleged meetings? I think there should be pictures! I also think there should be pictures of those meetings taking place today through this weekend ... Have a great time! :goodvibes

Keisha .. this one's for you! My DS might like Scooby almost as much as you!
(I know I need to get a trip report done! - esp since I'm the one asking for pictures :bitelip: )

:):thumbsup2 this picture deserves a repeat post!

now that i am awake, kind of, i glanced back at the posts in the thread and see i missed somethings. the change of routine will take me a few days now that I'm at home. i keep thinking i will go outside to the pool and the waitstaff will come around for my order. should i get the steak wrap or nachos today? schumi, hugs for you, that is so sad about your friend. hang in there. bluer, well you posted something i was gonna post back at but forgot what it was. anywho, so i'll just say it was a great 5 days with you and the gang. the people in my house were glad to have me back home. even the cats remembered me. they all think i will do a home cooked meal for dinner. i'm fooling them and doing carry out for the evening meal.

We had a blast with you just the 5 days were too short. Matter of fact we had a blast with everyone as always. It's nice to hang out with laid back homies.

the un-root canaled tooth is barking at me today, but hanging in there with the bridge. sure will be glad when process is over. has everybody caught TWD yet?:eek: 1st few minutes blew me away. carole - that is hard news to hear, had to be a shock, a shame so young. more the merrier! in the group here, not with the fraud lol I was so worried when the youngest DS decided to opt out of our vacations...silly me;) I still admit to missing my 'adult' kids but it's nice to have just he & me trips too. I have found the older two who also ditched us are now clamoring to travel on ma's dime.:rolleyes1 we've done the 2nd week of may thru end of July over the years, mostly May to work in Star Wars Weekends @ MGM pre Universal. The earlier the better in the way of crowds imo. We have fallen into some amazing rates the last week in May checking out pre Memorial Day. Onsite at U is always a joy, although I was none too happy with the express line last Wednesday & Thursday in the parks. Hotels were near 100% occupancy but I still can't help wondering if they oversold the EPs for that day, have never experienced consistent 30 - 45 waits in the EP line. hope u are feeling better soon.

We watched TWD in the room Sunday night. We were like OMG!!!! Those first few minutes were crazy!!!

i watched TWD at 1:35 this morning on demand.

agree, as pooped as i was, it was fantastic!

back in purple...

well, my body is back home here but not my mind.
still in vacation mode.

a quick drive by to say hi to all the homies.

Nice to see the purple back :thumbsup2

Won't be going far today......got very poorly tummy :sick: Not sure what's caused it as DS and I have eaten more or less the same thing last few days and he's ok thankfully.

DS is going to help me upload......well try and upload pictures to photo bucket :badpc: :badpc:

So will attempt to start trip report....again.......then as DS is out later going to lay along settee and watch old black and white Sherlock Holmes films and sip water ::yes::

Hope everyone's good.........:wave2:

schumi, hope your tummy feels better soon.
it's probably because you are not eating park food and it's rebelling .....

slept off and on last night and think i am awake for the day now.
that travel day home always gets the best of me.

i stay in a fog the first 24 hours home.

at home, it is now 44 degrees and raining.
the trees outside have turned colors to red and orange and yellow since i have been back.

grass is not green so that means we are skipping fall and heading into winter.
oh joy.

Thanks mac :goodvibes........my food doesn't seem to agree with me at the moment......yes maybe I need to go back.....soon. Only got out of one pair of jamas today to get into another after having a bath......feeling slightly better tonight.

I know what you mean about the fog.........don`t do too much and eat chocolate......it helps :thumbsup2 And close the blinds to the changing weather ::yes::

Janet.......yes it was a huge shock. Far too young.

I hope you get your bridges all sorted soon.......things like that are never fun.....hope its not too bad for you :goodvibes

Got my trip report started for anyone who may like to read it.....I tried to put a link in my signature.........I managed it for last years trip report, but this time when I did it, it lead me to an invalid link :confused3 DS has gone out so I can`t ask him. Although he was very patient today helping me.....and it took ages.....then they hadn`t uploaded...so he had to do it again for me :badpc:

Going to try and get it done quicker than last years which took me to around Christmas :sad2:

:wave2:

Where is everyone..........quiet on here ::yes::

I'm here :). Just dropping in to say good morning and happy Monday. I kicked off my day by stepping in cat vomit on my way to the shower :sick: . Hoping that isn't an indicator of how my week is going to go :rolleyes1 .

Busy but COLD weekend here. Yes, just north of us got that dreaded thing-that-starts-with-"S"-but-shall-not-be-named :eek: (thankfully, none for our city just yet) . I got all my woolly, fuzzy, warm clothes out yesterday and put all my summery stuff in storage for the winter.

Wishing you all a good start to your work week. The firm that I work for is in the throes of planning the annual Christmas party for our clients, so I may be listening to some Christmas music at work today for inspiration :santa: .

schumi, loved your first few trip report installments :thumbsup2 .

It is Monday! Cool start to this work week.

Had to scrap ice off my car windows this morning. Not fun.

Yesterday, the weather was also cool, and I watched the first half of DD's soccer game from my car. That wind was just too cold. I did watch the second half on the field, but kept my hands in my sleeves. Should have taken gloves. Most of the parents try to find shade, as it usually been warm and sunny for past games. This game, all the parents were trying to find the sunny areas. Kids didn't seem to mind though.

Schumi, hope all is well and feeling better. Sad to hear of your friend.

Good morning Mac. I know you've been up. Very good morning for a cup of coffee. :surfweb:

Gina, ugh. I hate stepping in that. Never had to clean up cat vomit, but dog and kids vomit, yes. It always seems to be mom's job to clean it up. :)

you know me so well Lynne G...:surfweb:

better step in cat puke than cat crap is my saying.

i was busy watching Walking Dead yesterday.
ended up with the encore of last night's first run of it.

and i attempted to make dinner for the first night i have been back.
they all hated it.

got my follow up doctor appointment this morning.
as long as the heater in the car works, all is good.

have a great monday homies~

Gina..........nooooooo to the S word that shall not be mentioned..........far too early isn't it........

Glad you're enjoying the trip report.......:thumbsup2

Lynne.......where do you live it's that cold already??? Gloves.....the joy of sporty kids.......I was lucky Kyle was a Karate kid, so it was inside. And Motorsport stuff tends to be in the summer months......thanks for the good wishes :goodvibes

Mac..........your meal sounded lovely last night.......what went wrong??

Nice day here, but not going far. DH is on days off again so just chilling today :thumbsup2

Schumi, I live in the Northeast US. Yep, we were down to 32 F overnight. I guess I am a weenie. I get cold hands fast. That wind was 25 mph, so sent a chill even in the sun. I guess I should have stayed with gymnastics for DD. That was all inside too. When she got into our middle school, the homework is so much that I had to tell her pick one or the other, not two sports. So, she plays soccer for both school and a local club. Yes, the joys of a sports mom.

Keisha, hope your mouth is feeling better. I hate dental needs. Keep warm, that cold rain is coming soon.

Bluer - is there a Monday picture?

Mac, so bad family wouldn't eat. Huh? In my house, you eat what's served or go hungry (or pick on the snacks meant for the lunch boxes). I hope you fog goes away and all is well again. Give those cats a hug, that should help.:) :grouphug:

Schumi, I live in the Northeast US. Yep, we were down to 32 F overnight. I guess I am a weenie. I get cold hands fast. That wind was 25 mph, so sent a chill even in the sun. I guess I should have stayed with gymnastics for DD. That was all inside too. When she got into our middle school, the homework is so much that I had to tell her pick one or the other, not two sports. So, she plays soccer for both school and a local club. Yes, the joys of a sports mom. Keisha, hope your mouth is feeling better. I hate dental needs. Keep warm, that cold rain is coming soon. Bluer - is there a Monday picture? Mac, so bad family wouldn't eat. Huh? In my house, you eat what's served or go hungry (or pick on the snacks meant for the lunch boxes). I hope you fog goes away and all is well again. Give those cats a hug, that should help.:) :grouphug:

Monday.jpg

Oh I hear you Lynne, I hate the cold with a passion.....I already have my winter hat at the ready.......we get a wind straight from Siberia at times, we're on the East coast of England.......and the first stop when it hits our coastline is me!! I swear it aims straight for me. My winter coats are already out of their storage bags as are the scarves and gloves.........

I was born for warmer climes......definetely :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter