Some updated 50th Anniversary info - extended hours, etc.

I tend to book deluxe resorts or stay DVC. I am surprised Disney is doing the extended hours just for deluxe guests. But as someone who might book a split stay with a value or moderate before doing our main stay in a deluxe this is something that would make me rethink that and just stay the whole time in deluxe. This is probably exactly the thinking they want.
Is this something related to the 50th or something that is going to stick around?

I'm reading it though that the extended hours are still only for Deluxe Resort guests and Deluxe Villa Resort guests. The only guests who hop to the parks with extended hours and wish to stay late will still need to be staying in that category of resort.

I tend to book deluxe resorts or stay DVC. I am surprised Disney is doing the extended hours just for deluxe guests. But as someone who might book a split stay with a value or moderate before doing our main stay in a deluxe this is something that would make me rethink that and just stay the whole time in deluxe. This is probably exactly the thinking they want.
Is this something related to the 50th or something that is going to stick around?

Interesting you said that as we also have a split stay scheduled with Moderate and Deluxe. Although i
did book a villa for my inlaws (who havent made up their mind if they are going)

I wondered if they took a look at all the split stays. Seems to be a popular thing. I only booked
that way because I couldn't get all the nights in a row for either!!

So anyone staying at any DVC villa? Or just the villas attached to deluxe resorts? We always stay VGF or BCV but have friends we stay at RIV.

I have never seen Disney treat any of their villa resorts differently if they were attached to a deluxe resort or not. So all Villa resorts will be included.

I'm wondering if Swan and Dolphin count for the early morning hours. I hope so, since it says "and selected other hotels". We usually stay on site but are taking advantage of Marriott points for our October trip. I am an early riser and love rope drop!

I know some folks don’t like the delux only for evening hours but honestly it doesn’t bother me - as someone who only stays value. If I was paying delux that would be a really nice perk! I can see folks booking a night or two delux for the Benifit. Someday I hope to stay deluxe for a trip and when we do this would be a great extra perk to look forward to!

I'm wondering if Swan and Dolphin count for the early morning hours. I hope so, since it says "and selected other hotels". We usually stay on site but are taking advantage of Marriott points for our October trip. I am an early riser and love rope drop!

also hoping Shades of Green is included. My understanding they were included previously!

There's a very good chance this is just added perks to entice guests to stay on-site or upgrade. To me, reading between the lines, it says "we're not bringing back FP or dining plan just yet, so we're compensating with perks we CAN do"

But I'm probably wrong...

They distinguish Villas vs DVC because DVC members that are staying at a value or moderate resort are not eligible for the extra nighttime hours. Likewise, non-DVCers that are staying at a DVC villa on cash ARE eligible for the extra hours.

how does a non dvcer stay at a dvc villa? would that be a point rental situation or something?

how does a non dvcer stay at a dvc villa? would that be a point rental situation or something?
It can be a rental, but also anyone can book DVC villas for cash through Disney. When DVC members use their points for cruises, hotel stays, etc., Disney uses the points to book rooms to offer. Disney also owns DVC points that they can use for this.Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 11.52.33 AM.png

same. i assume there is 0 chance that Swan & Dolphin would be considered Deluxe resorts?

same. i assume there is 0 chance that Swan & Dolphin would be considered Deluxe resorts?
My guess would be that they are not considered to be a "Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort" for the purpose of the evening EMH. The operative word here being "Disney".

To the PP point about Disney Deluxe Resort. if you go to the WDW website to look at places to stay tab and select deluxe resorts. Dolphin and Swan are not included on the list of deluxe resorts. So...

To the PP point about Disney Deluxe Resort. if you go to the WDW website to look at places to stay tab and select deluxe resorts. Dolphin and Swan are not included on the list of deluxe resorts. So...
They are actually listed as "other deluxe resorts".

I wonder why Disney is now dividing the resort perks like this into "classes"? It makes me wonder if they don't feel the need to add perks to the Moderate and Value resorts to get people to stay there? Maybe there's enough pent up demand they don't feel the need to entice people to stay.

As a family that has been fortunate enough to stay only at the Deluxe resorts, I am re-thinking or postponing our plans. We have gone every four or five years. We like the convenience of a Deluxe for the transportation options, the walkability (especially from the Contemporary) and the Extra Magic Hours in the morning. If we are rope dropping to ride a headliner attraction, not sure how often we'd actually make use of the evening hours. From previous trips, where morning and evening hours were available, we never used the evening hours.

So with lack of morning magic hours, and no FP (and no preferred booking window), I'm in a holding pattern. They haven't offered me enough incentives to stay. The only incentive is that after a long day, that started with a morning rope drop, we don't have to hike out to the parking lot and we can have someone else take us back to our hotel.

That makes the $64k question, is walkability and transportation back to your hotel worth the increased price of a Deluxe over a Moderate? Especially, if we're going to be in the parks or just sleeping in the room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter