Some things that may be coming to DCA

Tink33

Disneyland Parade High Kicker
I heard that Disney is tossing around ideas to increase attendance at DCA. A couple of ideas are a Food and Wine Festival and a Segway Tour.

What other tours or events would you like to see brought to California?

The return of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire".

Tink33 said:
I heard that Disney is tossing around ideas to increase attendance at DCA. A couple of ideas are a Food and Wine Festival and a Segway Tour.

What other tours or events would you like to see brought to California?

Definitely a food and wine festival--awesome idea!

They need to bring the Country Bear Jamboree back...and put it in the Grizzly Bear area of DCA since there is no room in DL!

Also, there need to be more indoor adventure rides like Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio--not necessarily these stories, but the kind where you go inside the ride and experience it. The carnival rides in the Boardwalk area and the kiddie rides in the Bug's Life area don't compare. I would say to redo some of the Bug's Life rides to have more indoor experience rides...like a Mr. Toad's Wild Ride but have it Flick's Adventure, for example. DCA needs about half a dozen of these and I think the ride issue is the one of the biggest causes for it's attendance problems.

Also, I never even walk through the Hollywood part of the park. I think a Little Mermaid type show in this area would help (like in MGM studios in FLA). It could be any Disney movie, not just Little Mermaid, but the concept is a good one and is sorely missed at DCA. Also, again, more indoor experience rides in this area.

It would be easy to take out a few carnival games and put in an indoor Little Mermaid adventure ride near King Triton's carrousel--believe me, since there is no Little Mermaid ride like this at the MK or DL, the lines would be around the corner! I've always wished for a Beauty and the Beast ride or a Sleeping Beauty adventure ride, but I guess these don't really fit in the DCA theme anywhere! :wizard:

Oh those are great ideas! I love the idea of putting the country bears back near the Grizzly Rapid area!!!

They really need to bring Mickey's Philharmagic to CA. That show/attraction is so wonderful. I don't care where they put it, just somewhere on this coast please. ;) But I suppose it would go pretty well in the Hollywood section of DCA. I'm thrilled we have Turtle Talk now and would almost go there just for that (one of the biggest highlights from our 10 day WDW trip). I also think Country Bears in the Grizzly section would be great. We did hear some CM rumblings about that actually happening last time we were there (09-04).

I'd like to see the "who want's to be a millionaire" location filled in with a Toy Story dark ride (the Buzz & Woody riding RC would be fun).

I also really like the Mickey's Philarmagic, Little Mermaid & Country Bear ideas.

I'd also like to use the Muppet 3D theater for different 3D movies. Maybe Captain Eo, Magic Journeys, Honey, I shrunk the Audience & Muppet 3D could share the theater and they could put a more futuristic attraction (Mission to Mars or some kind of time travel machine of a POTC/HM type ride to visit great moments in history) where HISTA is now.

It would also be great to see the lagoon be used for something (Illuminations, anyone?).

I wish that they would put Rock'n Roller Coaster in DCA becuase it's one of my favorite attractions at WDW. I think they could find a way to fit it in with the theme of Hollwood Pictures Backlot.

I would love to See Philarmagic.....but i would really like an evening show on the lake a la Illuminations or Bellagio fountains.

disneydude91 said:
I wish that they would put Rock'n Roller Coaster in DCA becuase it's one of my favorite attractions at WDW. I think they could find a way to fit it in with the theme of Hollwood Pictures Backlot.

Now you are talking!!! ;) I think DCA needs more thrill in that park. I think they have enough kiddie rides IMO.

jlmarr said:
The return of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire".

Sorry...at this point, it is being completely dismantled inside... :eek:

From MOUSEPLANET: There's still a lot on the plate for Anaheim, most notably the two Pixar themed E-Tickets proposed for DCA which we already detailed for you; either a huge revamped version of Test Track themed to the upcoming Cars movie, or a physically smaller thrill ride using a robotic arm coaster themed to The Incredibles. A great deal has changed in the last six months up in Burbank as well, and those changes spell much more autonomy for Rasulo and his two North American Resorts than they've had in the past.

:banana: :cool1: :cheer2: :love1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter