Some scooter and such questions

disneyfans95

DIS Veteran
Brand new and happy to find a site like this.

We have a family vacation set for the Disney and staying at the Wyndim (spelling?) bonnet creek timeshare this october.

We have done on property before and rented a cart for my father in law who needs one to get around. He is also quite overweight so when we rented last year, we got a heavy duty cart.

This year, they are driving down with a suv and I am stuck on ideas for what type of scooter to get that can be "broken down" to fit in the back of the suv but be sturdy enough to handle his weight.

Anyone have suggestions for a scooter that is solid, yet we can transport since we won't have Disney buses to use to get around this year.

We are planning only a few days at disney with trips to Seaworld and universal this year, if that matters.

Thank you

I'm planning to use WalkerMobility.com. They have 3 different sizes of scooters that can accommodate him, and can be broken down.

If you look at their website, you will see a heavy-duty model that goes up to 500 pounds. They also have a video that shows how to breakdown the scooters and show how to put them into an SUV.

Hope that helps and WELCOME!!

If you follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES FAQs thread, post 2 of that thread has information about the places DIS posters recommend renting from.
All of the rent scooters that can be broken down for transport and some of the websites have videos or helpful pictures like the other poster mentioned Walker does.

Contact one or more of the companies and ask some questions. Not all of the ECVs break down for transport, so they know you are looking for one that will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter