Some interesting behavior at Citricos

I guess one good thing to come from all of this--is the fact that these instances stick out to so many people because they are so few and far between. Even at Disney, where so many people are packed into small spaces, the majority of parents and children behave themselves.

I can't believe I even wrote that--I'm never a "glass half full" kind of person. I guess it's because I think back to when my now 13-year old daughter was a baby/toddler and all of the fun we had on our "Is it glass or plastic?" games or our "What do cigarette butts taste like?" adventures. Good times.

BTW--she only smokes menthols now. ;)

Yes--the majorty do behave themselves.

BUt since there are so many folks packed into the restaurants (and parks and pools) the actual # of misbehavings seems high.

To add that often MRs U and I will spot a nice family at a table enjoying dinner and the kids perfectly behaved. If opportunity presents itself we'll often say something. Invariably the parents are pleased and appreciate the comment.

Oh, I know. I wasn't picking on you at all. I think your concern and surprise were both definitely warranted. I would also be shocked to see a baby crawl across a restaurant floor! I have never witnessed anything like that, but have definitely been in a restaurant (Narcoossee's) where a baby cried for what seemed like 30 minutes straight. Whenever I looked over at their table, the mother stared at me, almost daring me to say something. Needless to say, it pretty much ruined our dinner.

I was just being silly though. No need to defend yourself---I totally get it.

Oh, I know. I wasn't picking on you at all. I think your concern and surprise were both definitely warranted. I would also be shocked to see a baby crawl across a restaurant floor! I have never witnessed anything like that, but have definitely been in a restaurant (Narcoossee's) where a baby cried for what seemed like 30 minutes straight. Whenever I looked over at their table, the mother stared at me, almost daring me to say something. Needless to say, it pretty much ruined our dinner.

I was just being silly though. No need to defend yourself---I totally get it.

Oh no--I didn't take it wrongly at all !!! In fact your observation was a very good one--the well behaved kids kind of get lost in the shuffle.

BUt since there are so many folks packed into the restaurants (and parks and pools) the actual # of misbehavings seems high.

Yeah, I think this has a lot to do with it. A couple of families making public nuisances of themselves isn't really a huge deal under normal circumstances, but in the middle of a big crowd all trying to get some pleasant objective accomplished in a limited amount of space and time, the trouble factor gets multiplied. Both for them and for the people around them.

I'd wager good $$$ that the CM's at the Disney Restaurants would have tons of stories to tell if they could do so w/o getting in trouble.

MY favorite was a bartender (they will often talk a bit more than regular servers:))at Blue Zoo who watched a mother change a babies diaper right on top of one of the lounge tables directly across from the bar.

That must have been a sight to see while you are trying to eat-----

I never gave much thought to diapers being changed on tables/in restaurant seating areas until I started hanging around these boards, but I'm starting to notice it being mentioned more and more. The last thing I want to see or smell while I'm trying to eat is a poopy diaper. I'm convinced I need to start carrying Lysol wipes with me to Disney to wipe down any table where I eat. What is wrong with people?

Oddly enough, the only times we've had rampant kid craziness was at Citricos?! 2 years ago a very distracted couple and friends allowed their kids to throw crayons at other tables- the waiter and I were hit at least twice! Also one child was a big Buzz fan- he kept climbing onto the table to scream 'to infinity and beyond' and jump off. Mother was aware enough to find that a bad idea, so he was allowed to stand on the table while she held onto his ankle and resumed her conversation. Wow. it made me want to send a muffin basket to the surgeons that did my husbands vasectomy. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter