Some Flamingo Crossing hotels now charge for parking

holyrita

DIS Veteran
Looks like some hotels at Flamingo Crossing now charge $10/day for self parking:
  • Residence Inn by Marriott
  • Home2 Suites by Hilton
  • Homewood Suites by Hilton
  • Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott
I stayed there as recently as early November and parking was complimentary 😢.

ETA: SpringHill Suites by Marriott and TownePlace Suites by Marriott are still offering complimentary parking as of 1/17/23.

ETA 4/2/23: SpringHill Suites by Marriott and TownePlace Suites by Marriott now list on their website that parking is $10/day like the other Flaming Crossing hotels.

Last edited:
Bummer. I actually had a reservation at one of them as I really wanted to try that area (and it was a fully Disney trip). A couple weeks ago I saw I could save a bunch by moving over by outlet mall (with more dining options) under the same brand, so I switched (and free parking so guess I saved more). Sad because it's just not necessary in that area but they know most folks there have cars so they take advantage .... :sad2:

This is disappointing. I reserved Home2suites through wdw as a package. Will I still have to pay even though I made the reservation months ago?

This is disappointing. I reserved Home2suites through wdw as a package. Will I still have to pay even though I made the reservation months ago?
My guess would be to plan on paying for it. If you can talk them out of it on arrival due to your early booking maybe you get pixie dust.

I stayed an Embassy that added mid-stream and I ended up paying for it.

This is my question too. I have an upcoming reservation this month that was booked this past summer when parking was included. There's a chance we may have to cancel this trip but if we keep the reservation I'm going to ask if they'll waive the fee. I agree with @HopperFan though and fully expect them to say no and charge me for self parking :(.

I will try checking in via the mobile app, we've done that each time and so far it hasn't asked about having a car.

This is my question too. I have an upcoming reservation this month that was booked this past summer when parking was included. There's a chance we may have to cancel this trip but if we keep the reservation I'm going to ask if they'll waive the fee. I agree with @HopperFan though and fully expect them to say no and charge me for self parking :(.

I will try checking in via the mobile app, we've done that each time and so far it hasn't asked about having a car.
Any of the Hiltons I have stayed at that charged for parking have had or added gates that you open with room key/app. I wonder what the process will be there? :scratchin Gate tracks you.

Last edited:
Any of the Hiltons I have stayed at that charged for parking have had or added gates that you open with room key/app. I wonder what the process will be there? :scratchin Gate tracks you.
I'm also interested to find out.. the first time we stayed at Hilton at Flamingo Crossing we did mobile check-in and never even told them we had a car. The second time we stayed there I went to the counter when we arrived for a physical room key. The person in front of me got something to put on their car dashboard so I asked. They said it was just for issues.. like if you left your lights on they could contact you from your reservation number 🤷‍♀️

I liked the free parking also. :( I stayed at the Springhill Suites/Mall of Millenia near Universal last year and they had the gates, had just started a parking fee the day before I arrived. I would expect these have added gates also, expect to be there the end of Feb so I will find out.

Looks like all hotels at Flamingo Crossing now charge $10/day for self parking. I stayed there as recently as early November and parking was complimentary 😢.
The Springhill Suites Flamingo Crossings website says parking is free. So does the adjacent TownPlace Suites.

I stayed at the Springhill Suites in November and parking was free.

Hopefully this continues.

Be aware that there are six hotels at Flamingo Crossings now. The SpringHill/Townplace complex has been there the longest.

The Springhill Suites Flamingo Crossings website says parking is free. So does the adjacent TownPlace Suites.

I stayed at the Springhill Suites in November and parking was free.

Hopefully this continues.

Be aware that there are six hotels at Flamingo Crossings now. The SpringHill/Townplace complex has been there the longest.
Oh interesting.. I only checked Home2 Suites by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Residence Inn by Marriott as we prefer those hotels to the others. Incorrectly assumed SpringHill Suites and TownPlace Suites followed suit since they're both owned by Marriott!

Is this for the covered parking garage?
i Think their are 2 Hilton owned properties that share a covered garage .
Hopefully somebody can update the Parking, fees and also shuttle service / per location.

Is this for the covered parking garage?
i Think their are 2 Hilton owned properties that share a covered garage .
Hopefully somebody can update the Parking, fees and also shuttle service / per location.
There is a parking garage that connects to Homewood Suites but can also be used by Home2 Suites occupants (at least that's how it has been in the past) since they're next door to each other and share some amenities. I'm only going off of booking information from their websites for future reservations, but when we were there in November there were no gates for the parking lot or parking garage structure and their website said parking included.

Their Websites:

Homewood Suites
Self parking - $10.00 / night
A parking garage is connected to the Hotel.

Home2Suites
Self parking - $10.00 / night
Parking garage located within walking distance.

I see some sites say they have a fee based shuttle, some say they have nothing ~ but I can't find anything on their websites about shuttles. Perhaps there were before COVID and not now???

I stayed one night at Doubletree Disney Springs and they have “guest registration” parking spots outside the gated parking area, across from handicap parking. I stayed there for one night using online check in and forgot to move my car after unloading. Nothing happened - not so much as a warning on my car.

I stayed one night at Doubletree Disney Springs and they have “guest registration” parking spots outside the gated parking area, across from handicap parking. I stayed there for one night using online check in and forgot to move my car after unloading. Nothing happened - not so much as a warning on my car.
Since we use handicapped parking we are often outside the gates (unless they are full). But I def would not take up a registration spot in an attempt to not pay for parking.

Oh interesting.. I only checked Home2 Suites by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Residence Inn by Marriott as we prefer those hotels to the others. Incorrectly assumed SpringHill Suites and TownPlace Suites followed suit since they're both owned by Marriott!
Yeah, the Fairfield Inn has added the fee too. I am staying there for 5 nights for 100,000 points, while the Springhill is 117,000 and Towneplace 120,000. Now I have to go do math to decide if the parking fee for less points is better or not!

I guess if I have the 5 nights for the price of 4 at 100,000 points, that’s an average of 25,000 pts per night, so still a better deal if I have to pay for 5 nights parking Vs using 17,000 more points.

Last edited:
Here now and this is what I’ve experienced so far! No gates have been installed in the general parking or parking structures. I received an email the morning of arrival that had the $10/day parking info in it. I did mobile check-in and it did not ask me about parking..

I went to the desk on arrival because we prefer physical keys to the mobile app and they didn’t ask about a car. We received a bag of waters for being loyalty members and attached was a paper with hotel information that says “Parking Fee: $10 per day 1-7Night / 8+nights-$70 flat fee”.

There were a bunch of overnight cars that did not have a hotel notice thing on their dashboard so I think we may risk it….. stay tuned? 😅

Here now and this is what I’ve experienced so far! No gates have been installed in the general parking or parking structures. I received an email the morning of arrival that had the $10/day parking info in it. I did mobile check-in and it did not ask me about parking..

I went to the desk on arrival because we prefer physical keys to the mobile app and they didn’t ask about a car. We received a bag of waters for being loyalty members and attached was a paper with hotel information that says “Parking Fee: $10 per day 1-7Night / 8+nights-$70 flat fee”.

There were a bunch of overnight cars that did not have a hotel notice thing on their dashboard so I think we may risk it….. stay tuned? 😅
Are you at the Fairfield or one of the Hiltons?

Yeah, the Fairfield Inn has added the fee too. I am staying there for 5 nights for 100,000 points, while the Springhill is 117,000 and Towneplace 120,000. Now I have to go do math to decide if the parking fee for less points is better or not!

I guess if I have the 5 nights for the price of 4 at 100,000 points, that’s an average of 25,000 pts per night, so still a better deal if I have to pay for 5 nights parking Vs using 17,000 more points.
When Traveling and Staying on Points, I have never paid for Parking or Resort Fees. These are always waived by Hilton and I have only experienced once with Marriott but that was not in Orlando.

Edit: Im staying @ the Home2 on Thursday this week on a previous pre-paid reservation I will let you know what happens. Also bc I do a ton of one-night stays a lot of the time I just tell them I Uber'd

When Traveling and Staying on Points, I have never paid for Parking or Resort Fees. These are always waived by Hilton and I have only experienced once with Marriott but that was not in Orlando.

Edit: Im staying @ the Home2 on Thursday this week on a previous pre-paid reservation I will let you know what happens. Also bc I do a ton of one-night stays a lot of the time I just tell them I Uber'd
On two one night stays at different hotels I told them I had a car. I didn’t need any in and out during the stays, and when I checked out the next day the exit gate was lifted for some reason on both stays. Neither of the hotels gave me a windshield pass either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter