Some dining advice... anniversary and Blue Bayou

ebharris

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Thank you to everybody for all of the helpful advice thus far. We are almost at 90 days out and everybody in my house is very excited for our trip to California.

I'm looking for some advice.

POTC is my all-time favourite ride, for both of my kids too. I'd like to go to Blue Bayou for lunch or dinner, but nothing on the menu is all that appetizing to me. I have a terrible stomach, as well as allergies, so have to be so careful how I eat. Is it cringe-worthy or embarrassing if my kids and husband each eat meals and I only get a salad? If not, would you recommend lunch or dinner, or does it matter? If it doesn't then I think we'll try for lunch because we'll be in the park early and will need to sit/have a break by then, and may leave the park in the afternoon and come back after dinner.

Also, it's our 20th anniversary while we are in the parks. Do you have a suggestion on a restaurant that may do a celebratory dessert or something special for the occasion?

Thanks!

Erin

It should be no problem. We were at BB 2 weeks ago. 3 in our party, 2 ate lunch and the third did not. (bad tummy from to many rides)
Our waitress was very nice about it.

It should be no problem. We were at BB 2 weeks ago. 3 in our party, 2 ate lunch and the third did not. (bad tummy from to many rides)
Our waitress was very nice about it.

Thank you for this- I always feel weird about not eating when I'm at a restaurant, or eating something small and getting a drink. However, if it means not getting sick then I'd rather be safe and not get sick...unless it's considered taboo in DL, but glad to hear it's not!

You will be fine, I ate at BB a month ago and I highly recommend the side salad anyway, the lettuce was very cold and perfectly crisp, it was delicious. If it weren't for us having a dining package I would have been perfectly fine with the side salad, the bread they serve with the meal, and dessert for my dinner.

Totally get it! I have food allergies/sensitivities, too, and dining out can be a bit of a challenge. But the good news is that DLR is really good at working with guests on things like this. Make sure you note on your reservation that you have allergies, repeat at check in, and repeat with your server. If you'd like a chef to come speak with you, that won't be a problem. An easy fix for this situation is for you and your husband to share a meal. Either split an entree ($12 split fee: both parties get an appetizer of choice and the kitchen splits the entree) or share (no fee, only one appetizer to be shared, one entree, and an empty plate -- you split the food). We do this all the time at BB, no questions asked. If DH keeps the majority of the food on his plate, it's not a issue at all. No one bats an eye at how much or how little food is on my plate. And the kitchen has never had an issue with my allergies, either. Just communicate clearly what your needs/issues are, and the staff at BB will be willing to work with you. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter