Some best kept secret restaurants?

xtinewashere

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

I am planning our December trip's dining since we will have free dining. We have been fortunate enough to visit Disney a few times and always with free dining. Because of that, we have had a great run of restaurants. We're not big eaters or even super adventurous (i am but not my hubby or kids) but we love the past experiences and memories that free dining has brought us. The only thing now.. is I feel that we've done it all and I'm looking for different experiences.

Does anyone have any suggestions of some fun or unique places? For example on our last trip we had breakfast at cape may twice.. it was just laid back and didn't feel rushed at all. It was also right by our hotel so nice to walk to... I'm looking for some of those lesser known spots (if that is even possible with disney)

We have a few favourites that I'd like to revisit.. Boma for dinner and we might even try brunch, garden grill for breakfast (my son is super picky and won't eat dinner here), ohana, sci-fi, possibly tusker house for brunch, teppan edo, la hacienda

Some we'd like to try- artist point for example, via napoli, ...

Some i feel we've had our fill with- crystal palace, 1900 park fare, prime time

So-- what am i forgetting or missing? we're fine with going into disney springs to eat.. we've eaten there in the past too.. but we like sticking close to the parks or resorts.. we're not big shoppers and don't really enjoy disney springs.

A few places my family enjoys are The Wave, Trails End Brunch (Bacon is amazing), Tutto Gusto, Rix Sports Bar & Grill, Ale & Compass dinner, and Grand Floridian Cafe.

Whispering Canyon and Biergarten are my kids favorites, but if he is picky look at Biergarten menu. They do have amazing pretzel rolls that are plain.

Hoop de Doo Review is so fun.

Via Napoli is certainly worth a try... I love their pizza. I know you said you guys weren’t that into Disney Springs but Raglan Road falls in the fun and unique category for us with live music and Irish step dancers. You mentioned wanting to go to Boma so this may be too similar but lunch at Sanaa with a view of the savanna is pretty unique and fun. Definitely try to hit one of the restaurants at Wilderness Lodge. I’ve not been to either but the resort is stunning during the holiday season.

Last edited:
The Wave and the Grand Floridian Cafe come to mind.

Btw, Artists Point no longer exists. It has become a character meal with Snow White and the evil queen.

Another vote for The Wave. Also Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill has good food, although I didn't find much theming in the decor.

We went to Boma three times for dinner last trip, and cannot recommend it enough. The menu probably could be more adventurous, but the service and food at AKL is always top notch.

I also highly recommend Grand Floridan Cafe. It has a formal bent to it without being stuffy.

The Wave and the Grand Floridian Cafe come to mind.

Btw, Artists Point no longer exists. It has become a character meal with Snow White and the evil queen.
But, it is still called Artist Point. So, they may still be referring to that.

We love Kona Cafe for breakfast and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner! Our favorite 2 credit dinners are California Grill and Citricos.

I know you said you all are not big on Disney Springs but one place I think a lot of people miss out on is Splitsville. My family makes a trip there every visit. They have a large menu so everyone can find something they like. You don’t have to bowl.

Olivia’s at OKW is very good. Especially for breakfast. I also like the Wave at Contemporary and Turf Club at SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter