some advice

hotveggy

Disney Lover
Hi all- this is my first time posting on here, so i hope it all comes out ok. I am very interested in having a disney wedding, but am unsure how soon to start planning/getting info. i got engaged in 10/02, but we are not planning to marry until 5/05 or so. (A long time- i know). i have recieved the video and some info directly from disney, and visit the website often. we are leaning more towards an intimate wedding, but are still not totally sure how this will work out.

my fiance and i will be at disney in may, and i wanted to go look at the wedding pavillion, since this is where i think i would want to get married... can you just walk over there from the GF? or should i make some sort of meeting with someone? i have been erie to call disney wedding planning so soon...

i am not sure if we will be able to make another trip to disney again much before our wedding- so i really wanted to look around now....

any help PLEASE??? :confused:

Hi Hotveggy,
First of all congrats on your engagement and welcome to disboards wedding forum. Joining this forum is so wonderful because you can chat with Disney brides and grooms and get fabulous ideas for your big day. The first thing you need to consider is if you are having an intimate wedding (8 guests) or a custom wedding (more than 8). Custom wedding will start at $7500 and they just go up from there depending on what you want. You won't be able to reserve your wedding date until 1 year before so that will be in 05/04 which is still over a year away so you have plenty of time to get ideas and decide what you want. You might be able to arrange a visit to view the pavillion when you are there in May as long as there is not a wedding going on but I am sure that Disney will arrange something. You can also see some really nice shots of the pavillion on the disney website. Prices go up every year but the IW packages are fairly reasonable. My sister is a disney vacation club member so we are staying at the boardwalk villas using her time share points. So our wedding is going to be around 3k. It will be more once I factor in hair/makeup/dress/Illuminations dessert party/dinner and all that other stuff. You have so much time that if I were you I would read new posts, write down ideas and questions you may have and start saving disney dollars!!! Hope this helps and good luck!

LisaLovesDisney-- thanks for the advice... i know i have tons of time, but i always tend to think ahead. are you having an IW or CW?? are you getting married at the pavillion?

thanks again.. and good luck and congrats on your wedding.
i hope you live happily ever afer

Hi again,
thinking ahead is great because it will give you time to really learn about everything there is to offer and make your day a unique experience. My fiance and I are having an intimate wedding with 13 of our nearest and dearest. When I booked our IW last December we had the option to add 5 more guest to our IW guest count for $500 which I am not sure if by the time you book in 2004 they will still offer that option. There have been rumors that they are going to stop doing that. We got lucky. We are getting married at the pavillion at noon on 12/3/03 and having our cake cutting ceremony at the Grand Floridian. Later that day we are going to dinner (maybe Ohanas) but I am not set on where just yet and then to end our day we are treating all of our guests to an Illuminations dessert party. That next morning my new husband and I will be departing on the Disney Wonder for a 4 day cruise to the bahamas and castaway cay. What you do on your day is up to you. The options are limitless. Keep you ears and eyes open over the next year and write down options as they peak your interest and then make them your own. Let me know if you have any more questions :)

I would expect you could get a site tour by calling Fairy Tale Weddings... They did much more for us than just show us the pavillion. We went through different EPCOT locations, went to the different hotels sites and ball rooms we were interested in... everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter