Some advice on Buffalo Bill's

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any tips on the Buffalo Bill's show, like how early to get in line or which seats/block to try to sit in ?

Thanks in advance :)

Not really! have been twice & loved it. If you've got younger childrenI'd say don't get there too early as there's a lot of waiting around. There's a singer & juggler type of thing on the bar which is ok, but by no means unmissable and notvery easy to see unless you're near the front, there's basically just hoards of people waiting to be seated. i think you're given specific seat numbers with your hat and there's four different areas but in my opinion there's nogood or bad seats. We're going again in August and I'm certainly not aiming to sit in any particular area.
Have fun.

alexandra uk said:
Does anyone have any tips on the Buffalo Bill's show, like how early to get in line or which seats/block to try to sit in ?
On the Saturday night before Easter this year, we bought our tickets at the Buffalo Bill box office for the 9:30 p.m. dinner show for the following Friday. No problem.

Then, on Friday, when the Disneyland Paris theme park closed at 8:00 p.m., we went straight to the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show venue (although we knew the doors would not open until 8:30 p.m.) When we arrived at the interior doors, there was only one family ahead of us. A few minutes later some German tour guides arrived, followed by their 500-person tour group.

When they opened the doors and took our tickets a little after 8:30 p.m., we were given hats with green bands and tickets for a specific table in the green section, but not for specific seats at the table. There was entertainment and a cash bar while we waited for the doors to the arena to open. Those doors opened at 9:10 p.m. Our table was in the front row of the "end zone" facing the curtain in the other "end zone." The seats were great.

The American food exceeded my expectations. My beer glass was filled 3 times. I probably could have requested more refills when the servers came by to bring or to clear food, but 3 was plenty.

The show itself was a lot of fun. With apologies to the talented cast of performers, I have to admit that, for us, the highlights were the times when the longhorn cattle and the buffalo were in the arena. They didn't jump through flaming hoops or do anything else but stand around and look impressive.

The next day my wife admitted that she really enjoyed the show. (Before the show she told me she couldn't understand why I would want to go to an American Wild West show while we were in France. She didn't think it would be worth the time and money.)

It was worth the 53 euros per person. I'm glad we got to the venue early. And I'm glad I didn't allow my wife to talk me out of it.

I'd second getting there early.

We queued at door and got green hats also. Managed to get to queue at stairs which meant that CM's lifted kids so they could see the pre-show entertainment, away from the hordes of people.

Front row seats so had perfect view and interaction with CM's

Reid

I'd third getting there early!
The first time we saw the show we really enjoyed the food and the show-drink refills were plentiful and the meal was great.However on our last stay we arrived at the doors about 10-15 minutes before the start and were seated in the last row back.The view was fine but we were the last to be served and our food was stone cold.Sent it back and had it replaced by another cold dinner which I was told was all that was left so take it or leave it!
You can have a drink and look at the horses before you take your seat so I'd say get there earlier rather than the last minute if you want a hot meal!

I didn't ask the original question, but this information is really good to know, thanks! (And thanks to Alexandra for asking about it!) We'll be seeing Buffalo Bill's on Monday June 13th for the first time. :)

We don't really mind hanging around, so you would advise us to get there as soon as the park closes, i.e. 8pm? Do the first people there automatically get put near the front, or are tickets numbered in advance?

Bonnie said:
I didn't ask the original question, but this information is really good to know, thanks! (And thanks to Alexandra for asking about it!) We'll be seeing Buffalo Bill's on Monday June 13th for the first time.

Bonnie,
We (DH & DD) are going on the 13th too, but we are gong to the early evening show as DD is only 3 & I don't think she'd be awake for the full show of the later one. Will look out for you both on our way out & give you a wave if we see you! :goodvibes

Oh excellent, Morveryn! Yes, we will be at the 9.30pm one. :) We chose the Monday because of the 15% discount! Maybe I should invest in a lime green ribbon as other DIS boarders have done. :)

Bonnie said:
Maybe I should invest in a lime green ribbon as other DIS boarders have done. :)

Yes!!! :cool1: Go for it, Bonnie!!! :cool1: My family think I am totally nuts but I don't care, I will be faithfully tying my lime green ribbons on my bag for all to see! (and on all the suitcases too!!!)

Always good to get there a bit early so you can set your video camera up at the perfect angle to get as much of the arena in shot but without having to hold the camera for the shole show. I set it up before the show started and occasionally switched to 'night vision' when it went dark. It's great to look back on - especially the stampeding buffalo.

This year we are dedicating a video camera day where we will video as much of the park(s) and Disney Village as we can so that I can make a DVD set when we get home - we love looking at pour photos and the footage we took last time, we just want more of it! DW will be filming and I will be doing the 'tour' - can only add fun to the trip!

Bonnie said:
Oh excellent, Morveryn! Yes, we will be at the 9.30pm one. :) We chose the Monday because of the 15% discount! Maybe I should invest in a lime green ribbon as other DIS boarders have done. :)

We'll be easy to spot, a flustered 5ft woman with a walking stick next to a laid back 6ft 2 large man & a tiny blonde 3 1/2 yr old with armfuls of toys :rotfl:

Must go look for lime green ribbon :teeth:

Thanks everyone :)

Get there early it is then.
The only problem is going to be my boys. One is 3 1/2 and the little one will be 17 months, so they're not going to be too impressed with waiting around in a que.

Maybe I could get in the que while DH lets them have a little run around the Disney Village for half and hour :confused3

Inside after you have been given your coloured ticket and hat.
Have a winderful time if you go :)

Reid

Have a winderful time if you go :)

Reid
Winderful Reid? It certainly will be if you have 2 helpings of chilli like meLOL

As you can see from our trippie Alex hang around near the stairs so you can get seats towards the front, we had green hats and went up the left hand stairs, but I can'tremember about the other colours.

Is is best to buy your tickets when you get there,or with the tour operator when you book your holiday?Do Disney Hotels offer any sort of discount?
Where hoping to go on the Monday night as it will be DD's 11th birthday.

Thanks

:earsgirl:

According to DLRP brochure Sharon you get 15% discount on a Monday nightbut you have to book before you go. We booked at the hotel as it was a last minute decision and didn't get discount for Monday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter