Some advice from DLP experts please?

Miffy2003

<font color=orange>I've got Saratoga Springs - mak
Hi there

I wonder if anyone can help me please? I am hoping to go to DLP for my 30th Birthday in February (which unfortunately is around Half term, so higher prices - bad planning!) and had budgeted around £750 for a 3 night break for 2 adults & 2 children travelling on Eurostar (as per the brochure prices).

Having gone to a travel agent today to try and book this I was a bit scared to be told this would be nearly £1100 ! Bearing in mind the offer includes free children and a free upgrade (from the Cheyenne to Sequoia) I thought this was a little bit steep for 3 nights. I thought of going with Santa Fe to reduce the price a bit but it hardly made a difference.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic?? I know I am being inflexible with my dates (tied due to Half term & DH's time off work) so probably shouldn't complain.

I am tied to booking with a particular Travel Agent (as I have some vouchers for there) so cannot resort to booking independently, so am wondering whether perhaps to get the room through them (using up vouchers!) and get Eurostar separately.

I would really appreciate any help or advice anyone can come up with! It would be so nice to be in DLP for my 30th.

Thanks in advance!!

Karen:

Hello from East Devon too :wave: ,

That price does seem quite steep, but like you say it is half term and the price difference between just before and just after half term is ridiculous.

You could try and ask the travel agent if they can book room only, but I don't think many offer this. If they do, they will probably put a premium on the prices for booking just accommodation. However, the Eurostar website occasionally has some good deals and if you collect Air Miles you may be able to get quite good rates for Eurostar. So I would say give it a try and see what price it works our at.

Richard :)

ive just got back from the seqouia lodge on tuesday just gone, if u can get to stay there then id say go for it, its amazing, especially for the location as u wouldnt need to bother with the buses you could walk to the parks dead quick through disney village. Transfers from CDG are dead easy as u can use the VEA buses for 14euros each and 8euros(i think) for kids

Try www.crestaholidays.co.uk and also www.bridge-travel.co.uk me and suzie went with Cresta on a room only and got a flight from liverpool quite reasonable from easyjet, they have some good rates and can also give free days, were planning on booking again for may and taking suzies niece with us at a rate of around 730quid, id try for end of feb beginning of march, thats my opinion anyway.

hope it works out ok

Dave & Suzie:love2:

Hi Richard and Dave & Suzie

Many thanks for your advice - much appreciated!

I have managed to find the exact date I wanted elsewhere for over £450 less so think I will just go for this and save vouchers for something else!!

Thanks again

Karen

I know what you mean about prices at DLP during school holidays. We were looking to stay there for a week at Easter but worked out that it would cost more to stay for 1 week at DLP than for 2 weeks at a delux resort in WDW Florida!!Needless to say we are staying for fewer nights at DLP so we can afford to go to Florida for 2 weeks at Christmas.

try booking one of the selected hotels through www.activehotels.com who will charge you for the room not per person and in euros...you `ll have to balance the cost of adding park tickets but remember disney end up effectively charging you park admission for your arrival and departure days which you may not need...

but you get free shuttle to the park 10mins and a full concierge service to book restaurants etc.

make sure you ask for a room with bunk beds though or there can be a serious lack of floor space.

book your flights direct with air france or one of the budget operators. I managed to get 79pound tkts direct with air france for high season over christmas and i only booked last week..thats less than one brpochured company wanted to charge me in supplements for flying from manchester.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter