Solo trips and making them "different"

readytogotodisney

DIS Veteran
I got back from my first solo trip last week and absolutely loved it! It really was the break I needed from reality for a bit. Now I'm already thinking about my next solo trip.

My trip last week I tried to do things that my family normally doesn't want to do, or is new since our last trip. I did all 4 parks in one day, trekked from ASMusic to Poly just for breakfast then went to a water park, watched the movies around WS, rode 7D, planned my days around what and when I'm eating next...etc.

I'm thinking about going on my next solo in Sept or Oct 2015 for F&W, and maybe sneaking in some spa time, or characters in flight, and of course trying new restaurants and a new hotel.

So I'm wondering, are your solo trips always the same? What do you do to make them different?

I haven't had a solo trip to WDW but on my last trip I took a few solo hours. I got a glass of champagne in France, watched Impressions de France, and went into a few stores.

I went to a work conference a few months ago and was happy to go out and eat in peace, have a margarita, do a little window shopping and then went back to the hotel early to SLEEP. The sleep was the best part of the trip. ;)

If I had to plan a dream solo trip to Disney I'd like to eat in the lounges, sleep in and hit all my favorites in the parks.

I'm so jealous! I want to try a solo trip and everyone thinks I'm nuts! Your trip sounds awesome. I think a solo trip does make you try different things that you wouldn't ordinarily do (like the movies around WS).

My first solo trip is coming up in January, and I'm looking forward to doing things I don't usually get to. :thumbsup2

On my list is:
- Monorail to the MK resorts
- Eat in a one new place a day
- Stay until after the fireworks are over and see the Kiss Goodnight

Good question! My previous trips were different times of year and different resorts. This year I am going at the same time of year- yay Food & Wine and staying at same resort- yay Pop! I am not really thinking of how to make the trip different but better...I am using the crowd calendars for the first time ever! I am trying one new restaurant....I am going to a couple of character meals for the first time as a solo. So there will be some new things and some old favorites!

My last solo trip was early September last year and all about the parks. I spent most of the time see the shows and parades. I always try to have a meal in a restaurant that I have not tried on a previous trip.

Because this trip is during Food and Wine it is all about experiencing the food. That will be sampling throughout the festival and a few new restaurant.

I personally think it comes down to doing what you enjoy doing.

What is the goodnight kiss?

My something different is something I wouldn't do on trips with other people. I am going to try Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. My goal is to least finish one playthrough of the game during the trip.

This will be my first solo trip and I have booked lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table, dinner at Akershus, Hoop Dee Doo Review, tea at the Grand Floridian Tea Room, and planning on seeing all the nighttime shows/fireworks and staying until closing at least once for each park. I can get to rope drop without stressing or having to prod others to hurry up and keep up with me. I can tour park commando style and go from rope drop to close or I can sleep in and show up at brunch with the new FP system. I can ride myself silly on Winnie The Pooh, Peter Pan, Pirates, and Splash Mountain as many times as I want. I am going to MNSSHP this year too for the first time!

I just returned from my first solo trip and it was a short one! I did all 4 parks in one day too, which I think I will skip in the future. I also did one water park, and when I do solo again, I think I will spend more time at the water parks and likely my hotel pool. This time was so rushed, I need more time to relax.

I like your idea of adding the spa. I've been to the GF spa many moons ago, and I really loved it! I may also add renting a watermouse on Bay Lake, which I love to do too.

Great thread! I can't wait to read all of the responses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter