Solo trip from UK - need help with dates

gacallaghan

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Looking for some advice on trip dates. Apart from 6th Nov when I need to be home I can travel anytime in Nov.

Looking at the busy day guides I think Sun 12th - Sun 19th seems the best bet. Originally I was looking at Tue 7th - Tue 14th but crowds for Veterans Day/Weekend are usually heavy. As such I thought I'd travel on Sunday so my first day in the parks would be Monday 13th. I've never done Food and Wine or seen the Christmas decorations (only visited in September before on three occasions) and these dates would allow me to do both.

Flights with Virgin staying at Pop including the park ticket is £1,500.

Also I'm considering doing the dining plan for the first time. Quick service is just £202 more, taking the total to £1,702.

Been on 5 7-night solo holidays before, just not Disney so thought I'd give it a go. Last went in Sep 2015 so plenty of new stuff to see and do!

Actually, I don't want to rain on your parade, but Nov. 14 to the 20 is a free dining promo. This makes the parks crowded. Food and Wine makes Epcot crowded.

@Bete Looking at the crowd calendars it looks like its mainly 4/10 6/10 that week and the only special events are the last day of food and wine and a couple of christmas parties. Someone has said that there is a free dining offer which might make it a bit busier but late Oct and beginning of Nov is Halloween, food and wine most days, plus wine and dine marathon weekend. I'm not interested in Halloween but would love to see the Christmas decorations :)

In which case there maybe a few better options.

1: Travel Sun 29th Oct - Sun 5th Nov - Food and Wine is on throughout my stay, Halloween will likely make the parks busy. Will the marathon weekend also make the parks busy?

2: Travel Tues 7th Nov - Tues 14th Nov - Food and Wine is on throughout my stay plus Christmas Parties (which I'm not bothered about but it would be nice to see the decorations). Veterans Day is on the Saturday which is renowned for being busy but I could do a water park that day perhaps?

3. Travel Sat 7th Oct - Sat 14th Oct - but this adds another £150 onto the holiday price...

4. Travel 26th Nov - 3rd Dec. Lower crowds but no food and wine although the Christmas decorations will be up!

Check on Pop's renovations during that time. I think its just inside the rooms and gondola (in the lake), but double check to be sure. (I know CBR and CS are undergoing heavy construction - I wouldn't stay at either of those.)

I vote number 4. You will have the complete holiday experience with those dates. Seeing the Candlelight Processional at Epcot is at the top of the list. Epcot's World Showcase will have the Christmas storytellers for the different countries. Also, there will be special music like the Voices of Liberty singing Christmas tunes. There are other groups that sing, too just for the holiday.

All the resorts and parks will be decorated. You can take a carriage ride.

We are going at that time; it's my favorite.

Thanks for all your feedback just booked! Sun 26th Nov - Sun 3rd Dec staying at All Star Sports. The flight from the UK will take up most of Sunday so my first day in the parks will be Monday 27th. Cannot wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter