Solo travelers -- what do you do w/ your stuff when riding rides?

jonrex

Vacation Commando
I'm talking particularly about the thrill rides such as Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, etc.

I will be going w/ my SO to a conference in Orlando next month. While the SO is at the conference I'll be at the parks! :earsboy:

Was wanting to take along a camera and bag w/ some other necessaries, but was wondering ... who's gonna hold this stuff while I ride? :confused:

have you got a fanny pack? - my money, credit cards, keys, phone, and a small camera go in it (plus a hair brush). things you can't do without.

they work just fine.

I also carry a back pack - water, sun screen, the bigger camera.

on most rides it can go either between my knees or under my knees.

Now I haven't done R&R -

but for both SM, ToT, BTM and everything else this works fine.

Take it with you. Just make sure you hold onto it and close all the zippers on the bag before you go on the looping coaster.

Ever been over to Universal and seen that net they put up to catch the stuff that people drop on the Hulk coaster?

I don't do RnRC or ToT, but I have ridden pretty much everything else. It's not a problem to just keep your fanny pack or back back with you. Just make sure you have a grip on it or it's looped through a leg. I also carry ziploc bags to put my camera in inside my back pack on water rides. I got soaked (to the skin) on Kali last year, everything in my backpack stayed dry.

Deb

If I bring a backpack or bag to the parks, I usually just put my let through the strap, and hold it under my legs. Keep a good grip on it on the Rock 'n Rollercoaster. They fly around there.

Karen

I changed to Cargo pocket shorts several years ago. Now there is no slow down at security and nothing to forget. Carry a small waterproof box (DIS) with meds a paperback microfiber towel vacation keyring travel wallet and sometimes a emergency poncho. The final item was just 3 trips ago a new digital camera thats fit in my shirt pocket. From someone that carried a heavy shoulder bag I now suggest everyone travel as light as possible.

Wow, great advice from all. Thanks!

I just have this terrifying image of seeing my new digital camera careening from my the coaster and crashing down to the ground busting into a thousand pieces. :eek:

DW-to-be and I both have Woolrich photographer's vests with tons of pockets. We place everything in the vests and we're covered. The Ziploc idea is also a great one, we take it one step further for Kali... we were exposed to 12 gallon Ziplocs by Disnutty and procured a few packs on Ebay. They fit everything (both vests, and souvenirs we may have acquired) and we just put it all in the giant bag and off we go.

A word to the wise... we usually visit the World in late October/early November so the extra layer of the vest doesn't make us too hot. Spring summer, the fanny pack is probably the better idea.

pirate: :wave2:

I have ridden all of the thrill rides with backpacks and without. On the big rides, I just put my feet through the straps of the backpack and I'm all set.
Have a great trip!

I also use a fanny pack at WDW. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one anywhere else (gasp!) but at WDW it's essential attire, in my opinion. Everything I need fits just fine (small digital camera, money, tickets, other odds and ends I want to carry) and if it doesn't fit, I figure I really don't need it. The fanny pack never gets in the way, and I pretty much forget it's there as I'm touring the park. If you feel you really need more room than a fanny pack can offer, as you can see from the other replies you've gotten, a backpack is very doable as long as you make sure it's secured on the bigger rides.

Originally posted by dahirsh
[/B]
it's looped through a leg

OW!!! Pretty efficient though... ;)

Seriously though, I always also put a loop of my backpack round my leg, and never had a problem on any of the rides. If you loop your camera strap round a belt loop it also helps for peace of mind!

JJ Penguin

I ususally went with cousins, but we all wanted to ride the rides together so we too used to the backpack with the legs through the strap method. I think the only ride I havne't tested it on was RnR, and come to think of it, I must have b/c we all rode the ride! I highly suggest the ziplock bags too. We put our wallets, cell phones, cameras, and cash in them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter