• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo R&R Trip ?'s

pixiedust23

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking about heading down to the world in oct for some R&R. I wouldn't be giong to any of the parks just laying poolside for a long weekend (late fri to late mon). If i get bored by the pool what are some other things I can do without spending money to go to the parks (i'm currently putting myself through school so I cant afford much). I'd prolly be staying at BCV or OKW. Also what kind of restaurants outside the parks do you reccomend for a solo?

do you have a car? - or are you just using the WDW transportation?

if you have a car - there are some very nice outlet malls - close by.

Kissimmee/Orlando both have nice city parks (not close to WDW).

you can walk around OKW - it is lovely - you can walk/boat/bus to DD from OKW.

you can participate in the activities at OKW.

no car b/c well cars cost $$ and i have none. it just doesnt seem worth it to me esp when disney is now offering free transportation to the resorts from MCO. so i was thinking onsite things. i plan on going to DTD to walk around and walking over to the boardwalk for a little....

Since you are going in Oct. try and spring for a day at EPCOT for the Food and Wine Festival, lots of booths to sample food and some wine and they have entertainment as well.

oh that is cute picture - your Binky is a cute cat!

back to your question -okay without transportation - how about going for the VWL instead. - then you can easily walk over to FW and do those things for one day - the next day you walk (if you like to walk) - all over both areas - to the things on the activities list. and just relax!

if you still want to stay at OKW or BCV - then you need to take a bus to the MK - then a boat to FW - be sure to come back before MK closes or it is a pain to get back. the fw buses are hard to understand. some come to the settlement(where you will be) - others come to the depost (the front where everyone check in).

while you are at the MK you might consider riding the monrail. Even the one to the Epcot.

you can also visit the MK hotels or the Epcot hotels - these are the easiest one to get too. their gift shop, restuarants, see what each place has to offer.

you can participate in the tours at the different resorts - WL and AKL both have one.

the Bc/yc have a garden tour that is definitely worth doing.

is this enough?

How close to WDW do you live?

Going all that way and not seeing the parks wouldn't be for me. I'd rather sit poolside closer to home.

If I was in your situation, instead of BCV or OKW I'd stay at a value resort - the difference in price would far and above pay for park tickets.

Good luck whatever you decide!

N.E.D.

I'm coming from Jersey. The reason I'm actually going to Disney is b/c well it's free for me. I just need to pay airline ($140) and food. My family owns DVC so i'm going to be using points for my stay. I'll prolly end up just going to the epcot resorts and the resorts on teh monorail as something different to do. Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter