Solo in the AM - Sister's Convention

Jazzerfan

Mouseketeer
Any advice for traveling solo in the parks while sister is in meetings during day at her convention? I have my own hopper park pass. Any issues when riding solo on park rides?

Feedback, suggestions, and help appreciated.

I was just solo back in April while attending a conference. No issues at all with riding solo. People in the lines were very friendly and I found I interacted with everyone a lot more. It's definitely a different experience and a lot of fun.

No issues at all, it's so much fun to do whatever you feel like doing!

There are only three attractions with single rider lines (Test Track, Expedition Everest, and Rock N Roller Coaster) -- be sure to take advantage of those.

Will you be using your FP+ during your solo touring, or will you wait until your sister joins you later in the day? If you are using them, after you use the first three, you can sometimes get decent fourth and subsequent ones, since you are only looking for one person.

I'm a big fan of some of the shows (Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo, Frozen Singalong -- don't judge, it's hilarious, Beauty and the Beast). Don't miss those!

Have a blast! I usually tour solo, and I enjoy it every time.

Some of my favorite times in the parks have been when I went off on my own. It is so freeing to do whatever you feel like doing without worrying about anyone else. I will be doing a lot solo on my upcoming trip. I will be meeting with friends, but I mainly will be doing things on my own and I cannot wait! I can wake up early without anyone wanting to sleep in. I made fps for what I wanted to ride. It is so much fun.

Many rides may let you go in without a wait if you tell them it's just you. They want to fill up extra empty spots that develop (like at Space Mountain, which is a three person vehicle.) Always ask - I got into sdmt right away b/c I asked politely and I was single.

I've done a few solo trips and my favorite was when I was boarding Peter Pan's Flight (because the husband doesn't like it so I could do on my own). I told the seater person I was a one person team and he said, "no one could come with you?" and I replied, "I didn't WANT anyone to come with me", so he came around and high-fived me and shouted, "this is the girl right here!" and then gave me my own vehicle. Other times, if someone kind of questions (with a look), I just say, "I left the husband at home to earn some money so I can have a good time" (not true as I work as well but have more vacation time than him).

I've had a couple of solo morning (my sister likes to sleep in). It's absolutely fine, and you can definitely beat some lines by being a solo rider.

I go solo all the time. I love being able to do what I want, when I want, as often as I want and at the speed I want. :) Almost every time I go on the ToT ride, I get to go on early because they are looking for a single rider to fill seats. Works out great. The other thing that's great about going solo is you have time to savor the ambiance of the parks, if you want, without having another person rushing you along. Or you can go, go, go without someone wanting to go slower. You'll have a great time.

I take solo trips all the time, and even when I'm with other people I usually find myself with a few mornings or afternoons free. I love it! You can do whatever you like without having to follow other people around and their their decisions into account. Pick exactly what you want to do and go do it. You won't stand out at all, I"ve always felt very comfy as a solo rider.

Solo is great! You can move around more quickly because no worries about getting split up from your party. Enjoy!

Going solo is a lot of fun! Usually before or after a WDW trip with friends or family, I like to add a few days just on my own. I like it because I use the time to check off the stuff I really want to do but am not sure the others who are joining me will like. The one that comes to mind immediately is Fantasmic!. Because of the hassle involved in getting there early and leaving and its proximity to two major thrill rides whose waits often drop around showtime (I go with people who tend to like thrill rides usually), people usually want to just skip it, but it's my favorite nighttime spectacular so I make a point of seeing it before the others get here.

I did 5 days solo last year and loved it! So much fun to totally go at your own pace and do whatever you want. I loved going into Epcot and just shopping then grabbing a treat and sitting down and watching people. One day at MK I went on people mover over and over and over.... Seriously I had a blast. Don't get me wrong I love going with my family but a solo trip is super fun!! Enjoy!

Solo is awesome! It's my new fav way to go. Do things that you want to do that maybe your sister doesn't particularly like, or do your favourites!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter