• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo Disneyland

SmallWorldSoCal

Earning My Ears
Does anyone else do DLR solo? What are your favorite things to do? I love that I can do whatever I want, whenever I want. And take advantage of single rider lines!

I have done 3 solo trips in the last 15 months. I LOVE it. Going with DH/DD in April was actually hard because I couldn't just do what I wanted to do, and I'm taking DD as a surprise for her 10th bday in Sept and obviously it will have to be all about her lol. I do single rider lines, sit and drink beer without having to rush, stand in line for characters I want to meet, and don't have to listen to anyone whine about their feet being sore!

by 2:00 I am done with the E's and fastpass are long past my pumpkin hour, so I have a few hours to sit on benches.....so much trivia to learn and special entertainment seen from a bench. Also a time to explore waiting areas that you can by pass the entering into the attraction...i.e. tiki room area, main street station, Lincoln, castle berm, .....and all those talking heads.

Does anyone else do DLR solo? What are your favorite things to do? I love that I can do whatever I want, whenever I want. And take advantage of single rider lines!

Yup. I do 'em all the time. They're fantastic. What I love most about them is that you can do whatever you like whenever you like :-). Sometimes I'll just chill on the ROA with a cup of tea and watch people go by. Certainly I take advantage of the Buzz FP quick return times and always hit it at least eight times and often more :-).

I'm going to DLR this September and will have 2 glorious days by myself before my partner comes to join me. I'll definitely be doing the Single Rider Lines... multiple times. I'm also looking forward to wandering around the park with no agenda or plan... just looking around at stuff. Oh, there's also not having to negotiate when/where to eat! Don't get me wrong, I love my usual Disney travel companions, but a couple of days of alone time is this introvert's dream.

Yes. Doing 4 days solo in November. I always go at least once a year and usually bring my 3DDs every 2 or 3 years. I usually check out whatever is new from my last visit first then just enjoy my respite from reality the rest of the time...

I often add a solo day or half-day during a visit. I enjoy moving slowly through either park, sipping coffee, single rider lines, and window shopping without buying anything. Taking my time is the best!

I’m going solo on Thursday! I’m brand new to DLR and cannot wait to take it all in and “research” for a future family trip. I’m seriously taking a notebook with me to take notes of what I learn along the way. Thanks to this board I have a relatively good handle on maxpass and I have my wishlist of rides. I’m also staying near by solo and can come and go as I please. Also excited to take in the parks late at night. Way past my kids bedtimes!

I'll have my first solo time in the parks this year! After taking kids for the past 15 years, this time they'll be with friends one day so I have a chance to solo! The main thing I plan to do is stop and smell the roses -- window shop, watch some shows, the entertainment that the kids never want to see, eat where and what I want, etc. I'm just a little worried that I'll be lonely ... but probably not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter