Solo Disneyland Paris planning

dc484153

Earning My Ears
Hi all. I have a few questions about traveling solo in Disneyland Paris. I'm a veteran Disney World Florida visitor and a Disney Vacation Club member as well, but this is all new to me.

To start, for reference, here is my rough agenda for a few days in Paris, prior to a week in Barcelona:

November 17 4:30PM: Land in Paris. I do have a Disney park ticket for this day due to the package I bought.
November 18: Disneyland Paris
November 19: Can use in Disneyland Paris, but debating going into the city of Paris for the day (I have been twice before but might like to go back). Staying at an airport hotel at CDG this night.
November 20: flight to Barcelona at 9:30 AM

I have the half board meal plan so I do have a dinner booked for 10:15pm on the 17th (parks closed by then so no conflict) and I have Captain Jack's booked for 4:30 on the 18th. breakfast is also included.

Some questions:
-Can I only use the breakfast credit at my hotel (Hotel Santa Fe) or can I use it anywhere? Asking because I'd love to get to the parks for the early entry time in the morning. Wondering if I should do that and then go back to the hotel for a late breakfast, if I have the option to get an early breakfast, or if I am going to end up just skipping breakfast.
-Do the single rider lines save a lot of time? It seems like a lot of rides offer it and that maybe I can cover a lot of ground solo being a single rider.
-With one full day (plus the evening I arrive on the 17th where maybe I can fit in 2-3 rides and maybe the nighttime show...that way I can do rides during the nighttime show on the 18th), is it realistic to cover a lot of ground? I'm most interested in the high thrill rides, and then a few classics similar to Disney World. I'd love to also see a few classics like Phantom Manor to compare, to see their version of Its a Small World. Any extra time I'll fill in with whatever has a short line.
-Finally as a solo traveler, with one full day open to close and then the evening prior, should I really need that second full day, or does it seem feasible to finish some main things in one day plus one evening and then go to Paris on the 19th?
-Added: I do have a ticket for the 19th (again that's how the package I booked worked) and I'm thinking if anything, I can do early entry that day for a ride or two and then head back to Hotel Santa Fe to grab my bags from the room prior to check out time.

Looking forward to any advice!

On certain rides you will be able to save time going solo, Ratatouille usually goes well, Space Mountain does okay. Crush will always require a wait, as in, the regular queue is 90 minutes, that can mean still 45 minutes for solo travellers. It is a hard ride to predict. So don't go too much by the posted single rider times.

And yes, I think you will be able to do a lot as you are there during the week, outside school holidays and events.

I would use the EMH on the 19th for final pick ups. EMH is great to get on Big Thunder Mountain easily.

I can't answer all your questions but I can help with my opinions on these two.

-With one full day (plus the evening I arrive on the 17th where maybe I can fit in 2-3 rides and maybe the nighttime show...that way I can do rides during the nighttime show on the 18th), is it realistic to cover a lot of ground? I'm most interested in the high thrill rides, and then a few classics similar to Disney World. I'd love to also see a few classics like Phantom Manor to compare, to see their version of Its a Small World. Any extra time I'll fill in with whatever has a short line.
DL closes on the 18th at 21:00 and the Studios closes at 19:00. If you are willing to stay up later, you can definitely get a lot done that first evening. During this summer I did 6 headliner attractions (including both Avengers Campus attractions) between both parks, browsed a few shops and took a bunch of photos in 3.5 hours.

My suggestion is track the wait times on the app for a few nights (in Paris time zone) for the time you plan to arrive close to your trip. It will give you an idea of what attractions you should plan to head to.

-Finally as a solo traveler, with one full day open to close and then the evening prior, should I really need that second full day, or does it seem feasible to finish some main things in one day plus one evening and then go to Paris on the 19th?
I went during midsummer and I never used any single rider lines. They never seemed much shorter and I didn't find it necessary. I also only used one paid for ride access (Crushes Coaster - that line is ridiculous) and I never waited more than 40 minutes for anything. I did give up on a few Fantasy Land attractions (because those lines were crazy long and really I just couldn't bother to wait 50 minutes for Snow White......) but otherwise I went on everything I wanted to in a 3.5 day visit. That included long meals and leaving the park during the middle part of the day when it was hot and busy and time wandering. I also have summer park hours and stayed until close to closing every night.
If your goal is to ride your "main things" once (I always want to ride favorites more than once), see a night time show, and not wander to much, you can probably hustle and do it in 1.5 days. If you want to pay for quick attraction access, for sure that plan will work.

-Added: I do have a ticket for the 19th (again that's how the package I booked worked) and I'm thinking if anything, I can do early entry that day for a ride or two and then head back to Hotel Santa Fe to grab my bags from the room prior to check out time.

Don't discount how long it takes to get into the park for early entry. I would arrive 30 minutes before park entry to find a huge line of people waiting to get in. The line moved quickly once the park opened, but the process regardless of the park took upwards of 20-30 minutes every day.

You can also plan to check out, and store your luggage at the luggage hold before you head to the park. It's a pretty quick and easy process. I haven't stayed at the Santa Fe, so you would need to double check they offer this service (other DLP hotels do) but that way you don't have to worry about getting back to the hotel by check out time.

Hope that information helps. Enjoy your trip. It's a great park.

Last edited:
Hi all. I have a few questions about traveling solo in Disneyland Paris. I'm a veteran Disney World Florida visitor and a Disney Vacation Club member as well, but this is all new to me.

To start, for reference, here is my rough agenda for a few days in Paris, prior to a week in Barcelona:

November 17 4:30PM: Land in Paris. I do have a Disney park ticket for this day due to the package I bought.
November 18: Disneyland Paris
November 19: Can use in Disneyland Paris, but debating going into the city of Paris for the day (I have been twice before but might like to go back). Staying at an airport hotel at CDG this night.
November 20: flight to Barcelona at 9:30 AM

I have the half board meal plan so I do have a dinner booked for 10:15pm on the 17th (parks closed by then so no conflict) and I have Captain Jack's booked for 4:30 on the 18th. breakfast is also included.

Some questions:
-Can I only use the breakfast credit at my hotel (Hotel Santa Fe) or can I use it anywhere? Asking because I'd love to get to the parks for the early entry time in the morning. Wondering if I should do that and then go back to the hotel for a late breakfast, if I have the option to get an early breakfast, or if I am going to end up just skipping breakfast.
-Do the single rider lines save a lot of time? It seems like a lot of rides offer it and that maybe I can cover a lot of ground solo being a single rider.

Hi, how did your solo trip go? I'm doing the same and also a WDW veteran so curious what your tips would be. How did the breakfast work I too was looking at the 1/2board but was not wanting to sacrifice the early time ride time either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter