Solo at V&As

2vets

Addicted since 1971
Hi, all - I was never much of a solo traveler, but over the past 1 1/2 yrs, I’ve gone to WDW solo quite a bit, tacked onto visits to see my parents in North FL, as my dad was declining. Adding this to increasingly sad trips home has been such a salve. He and my mom started taking us to WDW in 1971, and I have strong, happy family memories, especially in Fantasyland and at the monorail resorts. Dad passed in Dec, and we are having a celebration for him in a few months. I decided to fly into MCO and spend a few days before heading north. At first, I was thinking I’d do QS and lounges, but I somehow snagged a res to V&A. Not only would this be a treat for me, but it seems like a lovely way to say farewell to my father, glass raised and eating some amazing food.

I’m not a natural solo traveler/diner, but I’ve increasingly become accustomed, and have eaten at several signatures - Cali Grill, Narcoosees, and FF - solo. I did Celebration at the Top solo. I even ate solo at the chef’s table at Napa Rose last year, but there is obvs more interaction there than at a table. It’s always a little weird to be at a table, but worth it. Any thoughts on V&A solo? It’s such a long, elaborate meal. I am worried I’ll get a little bored/restless. Many thanks in advance for your stories and comments!

There is so much interaction with the wait staff and they take their time with you. They explain the wine and courses, speak to you a bit, etc. I would go by myself for sure! Our waiters were less formal with us because we chatted and joked with them so I think they felt comfortable with us.
Thank you!! I can definitely anticipate being treated less formally ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter