Solo AK Trip - need itinerary advice!

disneyfanbecky

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

I’m planning a short solo trip and will be visiting AK on Feb 25. I am most interested in checking out pandora land and rivers of light. It looks like park hours that day are 9-8:30 and the two ROL showings are 715 and 830. I managed to get a FOP fp for 715 and also have safari at 11:10 and dinosaur at 12:40. I’m thinking of doing the other pandora ride in the morning or at lunch because I want to eat over there at lunch.

For seeing ROL, which show should I do given my fp for fop and how early do you need to show up? Thanks in advance for help!

I think the 7:15 show would be a bit better time-wise.

FP for 7:15 show should be 6:30-7:00, and FP for 8:30 show should be 7:50-8:15.

You could easily do the 7:15 show and then use your FoP FP by about 7:45. If you do FoP first, you might get to ROL by 7:50, but it could be tight (when I used my late afternoon FoP FP, it was just about 30 minutes later when I exited the ride).

Also I'd recommend doing Navi right at rope drop (or soon thereafter) because the wait will be quite long later.

Hi all!

I’m planning a short solo trip and will be visiting AK on Feb 25. I am most interested in checking out pandora land and rivers of light. It looks like park hours that day are 9-8:30 and the two ROL showings are 715 and 830. I managed to get a FOP fp for 715 and also have safari at 11:10 and dinosaur at 12:40. I’m thinking of doing the other pandora ride in the morning or at lunch because I want to eat over there at lunch.

For seeing ROL, which show should I do given my fp for fop and how early do you need to show up? Thanks in advance for help!

ROL only lasts 15 min, so if you do the 7:15, you'll have 45 min to get out of the theater and over to FoP. That should be plenty of time, but I'd still sit near thtop just so I wasn't behind the crowd. If you do the 7:15, then do your FoP FP+, you can then spend some time enjoying Pandora at night and get back in line to do FoP again before closing.

I agree with PP about Na'vi at opening. It's not worth a long wait at lunch time. You'll still want to be at AK no later than 8:30 and 8:15 would be better. You COULD wait and do Na'vi after your FoP FP+, but that would probably mean you might not be off Na'vi in time to hop back in the FoP line for a second ride. TRUST ME, you WANT to do FoP again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter