Solo Afternoon tea at GF?

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
I have an ADR for tea next week, just me. I will be with my 2 sons, who wont enjoy tea. I never dined solo and am thinking of canceling. Has anyone done this solo?

I haven't dined at the GF afternoon tea, but I'm sure someone will come along shortly with advice directly related to the tea. :)

However I have dined solo many, many, MANY times. And not just at fast food joints. LOL I remember the very first time I dined at a upscale restaurant I was super nervous. I knew the chef/owner and contacted him ahead of time to see if they could seat me with any other solo diners at the restaurant. He was super gracious in his reply. He assured me that I would not be bored or uncomfortable dining solo, but that if I was nervous about it I could always bring a book to read between courses.

I actually did download the kindle app for my phone and load up a book in case I needed it. But from the moment I was seated, I knew I wouldn't need it. The staff was clearly used to solo diners and they took their time with me and paid special attention to when I was finished with one course and promptly brought out the next one.

I used any down time to text Mr. Spuds and friends about the food I was having, the servers, the restaurant, etc. The time flew by! I was there for over 3 hours. And it felt like less than one hour.

From that point forward I was sold on solo dining! I have never had a bad experience. I encourage everyone to dine solo at a sit-down restaurant at least once in their life. It isn't for everyone I know. But it's so nice to just sit back and enjoy a meal at your own pace. I say go for it!!!!!

Think of it as supreme "It's all about Me" time which everyone needs in their lives. You are doing a something that you enjoy so how can it be wrong as long as it isn't illegal, LOL.

And just something to think on: you probably have eaten alone in the past- at the kitchen table whether as a child or adult, studying during school hours, sitting at your desk or in the cafeteria at work. Think of that Pepperidge Farms commercial with the mom eating cookies in the toy cluttered bathroom just before you enter the restaurant and you'll be sure to sit at your table with a smile on your face:).

Never had an alone tea at WDW but have in other locales.
I frequently eat at restaurants of various price points solo and have for decades.

I did tea alone a few years ago and it was lovely. I brought a book and took my time; I never felt rushed and the server was extra nice to me. I wish I could remember her name! It’s not actually a very fancy place, and I didn’t feel out of place or weird at all.

Do it!

Except I’d bring the boys. Kids can get the chocolate milk instead of tea (though my son really liked the tea he got), and apart from that it’s sandwiches and desserts. Boy-friendly. :)

Do it!

Except I’d bring the boys. Kids can get the chocolate milk instead of tea (though my son really liked the tea he got), and apart from that it’s sandwiches and desserts. Boy-friendly. :)
It would be funny if the sons are adults :) but it really doesnt matter. She's taking them to Disney World, they can join her at tea.

Yes, I have done Tea solo before. I probably had some reading material but didn't even use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter