• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo 1-day trip for a first timer

nnelsonmandela

Earning My Ears
I'm tagging along with my son's school trip to Paris July 13-16. Being a huge WDW fan, I thought it would be a huge missed opportunity for me to NOT duck away from the school group for a day to hit up DLP. So I'm starting to plan my perfect day.
My plan is to take the train from my hotel in Paris to DLP first thing in the morning, but from there, I'm looking for tips. I want the know the things I NEED to make time for.

Also, I love to eat, but I don't think a table-service meal would be worth my limited time...if someone tells me otherwise, though, I will add it to the list. What are the best spots for counter-service, or quick bites?

Thanks in advance for everyone's tips!

Ok, what do you love to do on a WDW trip, which rides, shows, characters? What is your game plan?

Must do's would be: Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Phantom Manor, 30th anniversary show Shine Brighter, the fireworks.

Definitely do not do table service, too time consuming. Hakuna Matata is a favourite, Cowboy Cook Out, Stark's Factory in the Studios. For quick bites, Cafe de la Brousse or Victoria's.

The 14th of July is a national holiday in France, so it'll be busy, but on this day, you can also see characters in special French outfits, and probably a pre-show before the fireworks.

Ok, what do you love to do on a WDW trip, which rides, shows, characters? What is your game plan?

Must do's would be: Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Phantom Manor, 30th anniversary show Shine Brighter, the fireworks.

Definitely do not do table service, too time consuming. Hakuna Matata is a favourite, Cowboy Cook Out, Stark's Factory in the Studios. For quick bites, Cafe de la Brousse or Victoria's.

The 14th of July is a national holiday in France, so it'll be busy, but on this day, you can also see characters in special French outfits, and probably a pre-show before the fireworks.
Thanks for the food tips!

My favorite thing at WDW is trying the new stuff. We try to visit at least 1 new thing with each trip. Rides, shows, characters, food...we love it all.

My initial game plan would be to start my day at Walt Disney Studios, to hit the busier rides before the crowds get too big, then head to Disneyland Park to hit the key spots. If there is time, I may go back to WDS, but I'm flexible.

Would getting the Premier Access be worth it, for a solo visitor? I plan to use the single-rider lines as often as possible, but for the rides without that option, how beneficial would it be?

Ít's Summer holidays in most of Europe and a national holiday in France when you go. It will be busy. Besides that, am I correct with my guess that you might not return soon? No onsite stay, so no EMH. This is a great time for Premier Access, even when you are travelling solo. On these days even single rider lines will be busy. If you have the money, go for it!

It would also make you able to do things I would otherwise tell you to skip, like Peter Pan or Buzz Lightyear as they are (almost) identical to the US counter parts.

If money is no objection, look into buying guaranteed access to The Lion King show or Mickey and the Magician. Depending on how much you love shows.

The great thing about travelling solo is to change your mind and go the other way whenever you want. If you want to go back to the Studios, keep an eye on the closing times, as they are usually earlier than the regular park.

For the Studios I would go for Crush, Tower of Terror, Avengers, Webslingers. Those are the 'adult' rides. If time and you are into shows, go see Mickey and the Magician. Cross over to Disneyland Park and do Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain. See the 30th anniversary show. You will also want to see the fireworks and the drone show.
All above is in random order.

Add ED92, DLP Report and Pixiedust.be to your social media to look what kind of unique snacks, merchandise or roaming characters can be found where.

Ít's Summer holidays in most of Europe and a national holiday in France when you go. It will be busy. Besides that, am I correct with my guess that you might not return soon? No onsite stay, so no EMH. This is a great time for Premier Access, even when you are travelling solo. On these days even single rider lines will be busy. If you have the money, go for it!

It would also make you able to do things I would otherwise tell you to skip, like Peter Pan or Buzz Lightyear as they are (almost) identical to the US counter parts.

If money is no objection, look into buying guaranteed access to The Lion King show or Mickey and the Magician. Depending on how much you love shows.

The great thing about travelling solo is to change your mind and go the other way whenever you want. If you want to go back to the Studios, keep an eye on the closing times, as they are usually earlier than the regular park.

For the Studios I would go for Crush, Tower of Terror, Avengers, Webslingers. Those are the 'adult' rides. If time and you are into shows, go see Mickey and the Magician. Cross over to Disneyland Park and do Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain. See the 30th anniversary show. You will also want to see the fireworks and the drone show.
All above is in random order.

Add ED92, DLP Report and Pixiedust.be to your social media to look what kind of unique snacks, merchandise or roaming characters can be found where.
Thank you!!

If you are a WDW veteran, then those are the rides that are unique or different enough:

- Indiana Jones
- Big Thunder Mountains (best version in the world)
- Phantom Manor
- Space Mountains (much more intense than in WDW)
- All the walkthrough attractions (Alice, Alladin, Castle and dungeon)
- Pinocchio (identical to DLR)
- Snow White (just because it's not in WDW anymore, identical to the old version at DLR)
- Crush n Coaster
- Iron Man roller coaster (same track as Rock and Roller Coaster, different effects, but it seems they're rubbish)
- the 3 small flat rides in Toy Story land (not really worth a long line, but two have a single rider)
- WEB (identical to DLR)

Just a bit different, but not much so:
- Pirates (longer and better than at WDW, worst than at DLR)
- It's a Small World
- Tower of Terror (a spooky girl is the protagonist)

If you haven't had the chance to ride Ratatouille in Epcot, it's cute, but it's a clone otherwise, you can safely skip it. The single rider line is often 5 minutes

All shows are different and very good. Dreams, the nighttime spectacular is low on fireworks than the US shows, but it's very good nonetheless.

Better if you go with low expectations about food.

If you are a WDW veteran, then those are the rides that are unique or different enough:

- Indiana Jones
- Phantom Manor
- Snow White (just because it's not in WDW anymore, identical to the old version at DLR)
- Crush n Coaster
- Iron Man roller coaster (same track as Rock and Roller Coaster, different effects, but it seems they're rubbish)
- the 3 small flat rides in Toy Story land (not really worth a long line, but two have a single rider)
- WEB (identical to DLR)

- It's a Small World

If you haven't had the chance to ride Ratatouille in Epcot, it's cute, but it's a clone otherwise, you can safely skip it. The single rider line is often 5 minutes

All shows are different and very good. Dreams, the nighttime spectacular is low on fireworks than the US shows, but it's very good nonetheless.

Thank you for this information on the rides!

- Indiana Jones
- Phantom Manor
- Crush n Coaster
- WEB (identical to DLR)

- It's a Small World

is Indiana Jones different then the california DL? I'm saving this list for our trip in two weeks!

is Indiana Jones different then the california DL? I'm saving this list for our trip in two weeks!
We wish it was the same 😔
It a short roller coaster with one inversion. The theming is nice, but the attraction itself is not much.
If you know it, it's like the small roller coaster in Tokyo Disney Sea, adjacent to the real Indiana Jones ride

It lasts 1:15 minute. ;-) Use a single rider line, or at the beginning of the day / evening. Outside school holidays waiting times are usually reasonable. Also due to the height restriction (1.40m / 4ft7in), and it's in a hidden corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter