• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solid bfast on snack credit at POR?

KarenAylwood

<font color=red>It wouldn't be the holidays withou
I like to start off the day with oatmeal or eggs or something that will actually stick with me through the morning, so cinnamon rolls at the MK bakery just aren't going to cut it for me!

We'll be staying at POR on the dining plan and want to bring something to eat in the room (maybe oatmeal or something) and go to the food court to get eggs on the DDP. Or oatmeal in the room and fruit in the food court, etc. We'd like to use our TS and CS credits in the parks and/or for lunch/dinner (TS's are already booked so Boatwright's is out).

I was looking at the prices on the POR foodcourt breakfast menu and they range from $1.89 to $2.59 (or are above $4.99). I had heard most items under $4 can count as a snack credit- would these count??

Thanks! :ccat:

Karen I got this off another post and what's confirmed as of today at POR for snack credit is:

POR:
Lg. ice cream sandwich
milkshakes
fruit bowls
muffins
danish

We also eat breakfast in our room. We bring cereal, buy some milk, buy bagels and/or bread and toast them in the food court. Also I pick up a few small boxes of cereal for my DD6 to eat on the run. She prefers her cereal dry so adding milk is not a problem.

Hope this helps. :)

Can't answer direct because we didn't do DDP last trip, but we did just get back from POP and everyday someone got the Fruit Bowl. It was a good size portion and the fruit was excellent. I think it cost @ $2.99 and was an excellent value compared to what a fruit bowl for that amount of money anywhere around here.

bkfast type food sent to me from the grocery store BUT now that there are so many options on the snack items, i think i'm just going to pack cereal and cereal bars in my suitcase -- buy milk and juice at the hotel and use our snack credits either for fruit to gowith the cereal, or perhaps bagel and butter. I'm staying at CBR - but others mentioned any item under 4.00 is considered a snack!

lisa

Dizneydaz said:
Karen I got this off another post and what's confirmed as of today at POR for snack credit is:

POR:
Lg. ice cream sandwich
milkshakes
fruit bowls
muffins
danish

We also eat breakfast in our room. We bring cereal, buy some milk, buy bagels and/or bread and toast them in the food court. Also I pick up a few small boxes of cereal for my DD6 to eat on the run. She prefers her cereal dry so adding milk is not a problem.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks! I had actually seen that (was specifically looking for stuff at the POR foodcourt on that list) but there wasn't much mention of anything else that seemed like it should fit since it was so cheap (eggs, oatmeal, etc) so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has had any experience with the DDP for breakfast there.

I plan on bringing packets of oatmeal and dried fruit to put in it- my mom has a hot pot type of thing (ok, it's not really a hot pot but sort of the size of a large coffee mug that boils water) that I can use to make it. We could get fruit bowls at night and keep them in our fridge too since I know those are considered snacks!

I guess I'll see what I can do and just tell them I had heard that we could use the snack credits on anything under $4! We'll see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter