• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Sold Out" vs Limited Capacity

Sunshine2U

Disney Nana
Tonight NBC News had a story of states opening up (COVID) and mentioned Disney World is "sold out" for next week. What specifically does that mean? I thought parks were operating at limited capacity. What is the current capacity limit?

Tonight NBC News had a story of states opening up (COVID) and mentioned Disney World is "sold out" for next week. What specifically does that mean? I thought parks were operating at limited capacity. What is the current capacity limit?
All park reservations for all 4 parks are full. The current capacity is stated as 35%.

To enter one of the 4 major WDW theme parks, one must have a "theme park reservation" in addition to tickets. Theme park reservations for all 4 parks are spoken for -- so essentially "sold out" for every day from the 13th thru the 19th. WDW is not selling tickets starting any of those dates now.

The last time WDW stated their limited capacity cap, it was said to be 35%. That was a few months ago and nobody knows what the current cap is - most are assuming 35% but it could be more.

From recent trip reports, it seems like its more crowded.
Whether that means they are up to the 35% now or they have opened it up more, Disney hasn't said.
As more vaccine is given, I expect to see capacity increase.

Touring Plans, on their Insta stories today, said the last capacity update they have is 40%. First time I’ve seen that and not sure if it’s accurate but it surprised me to see.

With limited hours, limited dining, winding queues, no parades, and few shows to eat people, this upcoming booked week will feel as crowded as normal busy times.

We'll be there starting Saturday and I have a feeling it's going to feel very crowded. I hadn't planned on park hopping, but I booked Hollywood Studios an extra day just in case we didn't get RotR the first day and now it doesn't look like I'll be able to change that park since they are completely booked in all parks. Maybe Ill add park hopper anyway so we can hit MK an extra afternoon if we get RotR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter