Sold Out Excursion Question/Help?

mrswillson

the duck's biggest fan
Hi all,

So, I made the unfortunate mistake of waiting too long to book my husband and I's honeymoon cruise excursions, and I'm sadly faced with the possibility of not being able to do what we've been looking forward to for two years. :sad1: We are sailing on September 9th to the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy, and when I went to solidify my port adventures, found that the intro to scuba diving excursions were sold out for both St. Thomas and Tortola.

My question (and hope) is... does anyone know if there is a chance that a spot might open up closer to sailing from someone dropping, or have you seen this happen? I spoke to a CC DCL CM and they advised to keep checking online and speak to the port adventure CM upon arrival.

Thank you very much.

Speaking to a CM is a great idea, but in the meantime, find the Facebook group for your cruise and sign up and ask that if anyone wants to drop that excursion, to please please coordinate with you so that you can snag it as soon as they drop. I've seen multiple cases of people getting things they were anxiously waiting for that way :)

does anyone know if there is a chance that a spot might open up closer to sailing from someone dropping, or have you seen this happen?

Yes, definitely. I've changed my excursions more than once when a excursion I really wanted suddenly opened up a spot or new ones were added (this happens more often with adults-only versions of other excursions). So as people change plans or new ones open up, there are opportunities. Keep checking, be persistent.

Completely agree with the keep checking and be persistent advice. They really come and go, just make sure you are checking often.
Have a great wedding and honeymoon!!! Such an exciting time :)

Do you have any recommendations on where I could start to find something along these lines?

I assume that you haven't scuba dived before. Then what you are looking for is called a resort certification. This will allow you to get the basics and do some limited scuba on the same day in St. Thomas. My cousins used Coki, but there are a number of dive centers that offer this, and a TripAdvisor search will help.

Yes, I was in this boat last year and many recommended checking at the port adventures desk as soon as you board the ship and sure enough I was able to get the excursion I wanted.

I assume that you haven't scuba dived before. Then what you are looking for is called a resort certification. This will allow you to get the basics and do some limited scuba on the same day in St. Thomas. My cousins used Coki, but there are a number of dive centers that offer this, and a TripAdvisor search will help.

Thank you very much. I actually almost completed my PADI cert but never finished, and my husband has never dived before - so yes this is exactly what we are trying to do. I branched out and sent an email to Dive BVI and am anxiously awaiting a response. As of now I'll be contacting outside companies and checking Disney daily. :genie:

Yes, I was in this boat last year and many recommended checking at the port adventures desk as soon as you board the ship and sure enough I was able to get the excursion I wanted.

This is the best news I've heard all night! Were you in the same situation dealing with a solid booked excursion before going in person to check? Also, may I ask where the PA desk is located on ship? The CM wasn't able to tell me unfortunately.

Speaking to a CM is a great idea, but in the meantime, find the Facebook group for your cruise and sign up and ask that if anyone wants to drop that excursion, to please please coordinate with you so that you can snag it as soon as they drop. I've seen multiple cases of people getting things they were anxiously waiting for that way :)

I never even thought to do this! Sadly enough I am scrolling through Facebook now and can find groups for every September cruise EXCEPT mine. Go figure. :guilty:

EDIT: Found it! I had to do some creative title searching but am joining and will be doing exactly as you suggested. Thank you again!

This is the best news I've heard all night! Were you in the same situation dealing with a solid booked excursion before going in person to check? Also, may I ask where the PA desk is located on ship? The CM wasn't able to tell me unfortunately.
On the Fantasy the Port Adventures desk is on deck 5, port side (opposite side that you enter the ship on). Right near the elevators.

PA on Fantasy overlooks atrium, on either deck 4 or 5, you can just ask a CM once on board and they'll point the way. But I'd get there right away, that line can back up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter