Solar Eclipse April 8

I also ordered the same filter from B&H. I need to put it on my camera this weekend. I am in South Central Indiana and it has been so cloudy the last few days. I hope I can get everything set before Monday.
Solar filter arrived yesterday. I had some focusing issues, but I captured a sunspot and unless I'm imagining it...you can see a hint of fiery ripples. I still have no idea where I want to go. Drive times, severe storm potential, cloud cover/cloud type predictions, and gridlock worries keep me jumping around.

View attachment 848384

Over the weekend, SAFELY take some practice shots of the sun. It'll help in getting your camera settings ready. Remember, you have only a few minutes at most to get your solar eclipse pictures. That's not the time to make adjustments.

I also ordered the same filter from B&H. I need to put it on my camera this weekend. I am in South Central Indiana and it has been so cloudy the last few days. I hope I can get everything set before Monday.

This is the first time solar photography has even been on my radar. I had looked at some more substantial 77mm filters for my largest lens that really weren't that much more, but I also wanted some versatility. I have 24mm and 50mm primes that I might bring out since they're fast lenses and I'm curious what I might get from them. I just didn't want to invest in filters for everything. So, cheap cardboard framed film and painter's tape to secure it for the win!

Texas forecasts are all over the place. Some maps show full cloud cover, but it's big state and there's a lot of discussion on who will have low dense clouds vs. patchy or even thin upper level clouds that would still afford a view. The other concern is severe weather expected shortly after the eclipse ends. I really don't want to be stuck in gridlock with baseball sized hail.

I suspect Burlington, VT is going to be crazy town (even more than normal).
I expect Burlington will be a mess. Our governor described the expected crowds as "peak foliage weekend on steroids." Burlington alone is putting up 78 porta-potties (which I think may pretty much max out available supply).

I hope someone posts pictures of the eclipse in Niagara Falls. It would be so cool if the eclipse happened right over the Falls.

Western NY. Pretty cloudy, although we just got a little peak at the sun. Had a small shadow in the corner. We have 45 minutes til totality, but I’m not hopeful

here in MD, where they say we will have 90% totality. It's still super bright and sunny out. Got a good look thru a welding helmet, just about half way.

Middle TN, not in the direct path, just in from viewing. Not quite totality, but cool! Very cloudy, but just enough break in the clouds to view with the glasses! Hopefully those glasses do what they say they're supposed to do to protect the eyes....

Well, that was fun. It got dark all of a sudden for about 3 1/2 minutes and the temperature noticeably dropped. Then light quickly returned.

I suppose it was worth the time and effort to get here.
If you've never seen one, it's totally worth. I'm glad you got to see it. I have always said to get the full effect, you should get into the path of totality. The difference between 90% and totality is quite a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter