Solar Eclipse April 8

The Cleveland Guardians (Indians) have their home opener on the day of the eclipse. The schedule says time to be determined.

My preference would be a 430pm start time. Invite fans into the stadium to experience darkness, then play when it’s light again.
That's typically around when their home opener is. It's usually a late afternoon start (more time for people to 'pre-game') ;)

The Cleveland Guardians (Indians) have their home opener on the day of the eclipse. The schedule says time to be determined.

My preference would be a 430pm start time. Invite fans into the stadium to experience darkness, then play when it’s light again.
The Guardians have come out and, while they haven't set a time for the opener, they've said it won't be any earlier than 5:10pm due to the eclipse:

https://www.cleveland.com/sports/20...BHrcgHLa6I4ObrOaVB-WFoaqVinzi24vaupzSL97bp5Oo

We rented a house in Hot Springs, Arkansas far in advance to make sure we were in the path and didn’t get gouged. Flying into Little Rock, hitting Trader Joe’s, and Total Wine. House sits on a lake with few trees around plus has an outdoor hot tub. Can’t wait!

I'm in the path in the Cleveland area and my son's school is closed that day. I'm also taking off and we are going to make a day of it. I'd be interested to see an economic impact analysis after the fact because we are gearing up for an influx of visitors.

DH are staying in the Youngstown, Ohio area where hotel prices are still reasonable. We haven’t yet decided whether to go to Cleveland or due north to Ashtabula for the eclipse.

We are in Southern Vermont, and totality is going to happen about 3 1/2 hours north of us. Our plan is to make a day trip out of it to go see it, since none of us have ever been anywhere near where there was a total eclipse before.

DH are staying in the Youngstown, Ohio area where hotel prices are still reasonable. We haven’t yet decided whether to go to Cleveland or due north to Ashtabula for the eclipse.
I’m hoping some of the wineries in Geneva will open on Monday for eclipse viewing. Sounds like a nice way to enjoy the afternoon!

It is amazing to see. During the last one in 2017, the center line on the path of totality literally went right through my neighborhood. Blew my mind to see the sun covered completely and the stars come out. The minutes leading up to the total ellipse was also strange. A really weird light that was similar to sunset, but not the same colors. Hard to describe, but something to see.

Last edited:
Local Lowes here in PA had some eye shades with the date on them so I picked them up, not enough protection but probably better than nothing.

DD, her DH, 3 yo, 7 yo, my DH, and I are planning a trip from DE/MD to San Antonio, Texas. We booked a condo on the gulf for three days then a VBRO house in totality for four nights in San Antonio. Made our reservations in April 2023. Just hope it's clear weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter